• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Lilith

I knew Mr Spock came into this story somewhere.

Lilith

The heck with all these tiny volcanologies, how about Yellowstone for a kicker?

Lilith

I can tell Heather has done a lot of research in preparation for this episode.

Lilith

Don't worry, active members of Sewergab are immune from all this stuff.

cosmic hobo

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on January 06, 2017, 12:13:48 PM
Tells the Thunder drums cd story again
0 mention of Bellgab..."some friends"

"How did it happen you got on the program?"
"And how did you get to be producer?" good questions Dr.

What's the actual story here? I've heard Thunder Drums alluded to in conjunction with Heather. Can you elaborate?

Lilith

Heather sounds like she has a stuffy nose.

cosmic hobo

Quote from: brig on January 13, 2017, 01:48:05 AM
Heather sounds like she has a stuffy nose.

So she sounds like she always does.

Lilith

Quote from: cosmic hobo on January 13, 2017, 01:50:37 AM

So she sounds like she always does.

I guess I had forgotten, I'm not awake to listen often.  :-[

Lilith

Sorry Heather, there is NO chance of me calling into your show.  ::)

Nobody

Quote from: cosmic hobo on January 13, 2017, 01:39:59 AM

What's the actual story here? I've heard Thunder Drums alluded to in conjunction with Heather. Can you elaborate?

Are you shu-were you want to hear the Thunderdrums story?  I ask because you are unlikely to feel any better for having heard it.

Juan

I wonder what the guest told her after the show.

Quote from: TigerLily on January 12, 2017, 02:16:17 AM
mv, there you are. Fix your upper right corner. It's usually the only thing worth reading on this godforsaken site

Almost forgot. praise whatzizname
Sigma-Great (not pizza-gate.) ;)     ;D

Firefighter

I will 2nd wanting to know the "thunder drums" back story (is back story one word)... I know of the lone "fire dancing" story to keep short; HW flinging fire around naked alone in her backyard while dancing scared a nieghbor enough to call the FD....also some how along the way I have forgot or pushed the memory from my brain of the "monk" story...maybe a quick synopsis of these wonderful Wade moments in time is what is needed....who knows may even breath some new life into this thread....lol

*HW I don't think was naked fire dancing I just added that for the torture of the mental image

Lilith

Quote from: Firefighter on January 13, 2017, 08:07:02 AM
I will 2nd wanting to know the "thunder drums" back story (is back story one word)... I know of the lone "fire dancing" story to keep short; HW flinging fire around naked alone in her backyard while dancing scared a nieghbor enough to call the FD....also some how along the way I have forgot or pushed the memory from my brain of the "monk" story...maybe a quick synopsis of these wonderful Wade moments in time is what is needed....who knows may even breath some new life into this thread....lol

*HW I don't think was naked fire dancing I just added that for the torture of the mental image

It's a great idea to have a list of Heathers stories of her experiences from the shows transcribed into print, or in audio clips somewhere, in a special thread, or this one.  Yeah.  I hope somebody does that.

Firefighter

Quote from: Firefighter on January 13, 2017, 08:07:02 AM

Listened to a recent sound bite of the thunder drum story story and have an idea of what is about now just need a reminder of the monk and I will be complete and can finally rest

Nobody

Quote from: Firefighter on January 13, 2017, 08:27:33 AM

Listened to a recent sound bite of the thunder drum story story and have an idea of what is about now just need a reminder of the monk and I will be complete and can finally rest

As you "just need a reminder," here is the story in skeleton form:

Heather claims to have driven to a cemetery with a group of friends and to have seen the ghost of a "Franciscan" monk (which she inexplicably and irritatingly pronounces as "Francescan").  Her friends took off (despite Heather having driven the group there in her car and having the keys in her pocket) and she never saw them again.

(Is that a sufficient reminder?)

The point of her stories (whether it be the Fran-chess-kin monk, the Victorian haunted house, Thunderdrums or endless "scared kitty" stories) is that there is no point. A Yale trained psychiatrist couldn't make heads or tails out of it. Like many potheads or c2c callers, their stories are endlessly fascinating in their own minds but inane and convoluted to the average person. But since there's so many masochists on Bellgab, here's the whole thing. Just don't ask me for 6 minutes of your life back

Lilith

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on January 13, 2017, 12:17:23 PM
The point of her stories (whether it be the Fran-chess-kin monk, the Victorian haunted house, Thunderdrums or endless "scared kitty" stories) is that there is no point. A Yale trained psychiatrist couldn't make heads or tails out of it. Like many potheads or c2c callers, their stories are endlessly fascinating in their own minds but inane and convoluted to the average person. But since there's so many masochists on Bellgab, here's the whole thing. Just don't ask me for 6 minutes of your life back

That's fantastic! ...and a keeper!  No amount of text could replace that piece of audio.

Nobody

The point of her stories (whether it be the Fran-chess-kin monk, the Victorian haunted house, Thunderdrums or endless "scared kitty" stories) is that there is no point.

Heather appears to be a graduate of the Del Griffith School of Storytelling:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIwhjp_c1d0&feature=youtu.be&t=3m57s

Neal: You know everything is not an anecdote. You have to discriminate. You choose things that are funny or mildly amusing or interesting. You're a miracle! Your stories have NONE of that. They're not even amusing ACCIDENTALLY! "Honey, I'd like you to meet Del Griffith, he's got some amusing anecodotes for you. Oh and here's a gun so you can blow your brains out. You'll thank me for it." I could tolerate any insurance seminar. For days I could sit there and listen to them go on and on with a big smile on my face. They'd say, "How can you stand it?" I'd say, "'Cause I've been with Del Griffith. I can take ANYTHING." You know what they'd say? They'd say, "I know what you mean. The shower curtain ring guy. Whoa." It's like going on a date with a Chatty Cathy doll. I expect you have a little string on your chest, you know, that I pull out and have to snap back. Except I wouldn't pull it out and snap it back - you would. Agh! Agh! Agh! Agh! And by the way, you know, when you're telling these little stories? Here's a good idea - have a POINT. It makes it SO much more interesting for the listener!

K_Dubb

Oh come, the stories we tell about ourselves are totemic and hers are no different.  Let me illustrate:

Thunder Drums:  My connection with Art goes way back; we bonded over music which is a quasi-spiritual experience; I was propelled unwillingly by my friends into this position and bear no responsibility for it.

Fire Dancing:  I aspire to be sexy, the center of attention, separated from my awestruck audience by a swirling curtain of sparks, but my efforts provoke concern rather than admiration.

The Monk:  For people who grant me control (the keys) I serve as a conduit to the paranormal, but my experiences are defined by others (Franciscans = Greyfriars did not come from any research on her part or she'd know how to pronounce it -- probably picked up from a knowledgeable friend) and, when I try, it alienates people for reasons I don't understand.

5¢ please.

Lilith

Quote from: K_Dubb on January 13, 2017, 12:43:41 PM
Oh come, the stories we tell about ourselves are totemic and hers are no different.  Let me illustrate:

Thunder Drums:  My connection with Art goes way back; we bonded over music which is a quasi-spiritual experience; I was propelled unwillingly by my friends into this position and bear no responsibility for it.

Fire Dancing:  I aspire to be sexy, the center of attention, separated from my awestruck audience by a swirling curtain of sparks, but my efforts provoke concern rather than admiration.

The Monk:  For people who grant me control (the keys) I serve as a conduit to the paranormal, but my experiences are defined by others (Franciscans = Greyfriars did not come from any research on her part or she'd know how to pronounce it -- probably picked up from a knowledgeable friend) and, when I try, it alienates people for reasons I don't understand.

5¢ please.

Note: the connection to bellgab.com, in the Thunder Drum story, is conveniently changed to "my friends", when she tells it on the air.

just sayin'

Too bad somebody didn't call in that night to set the story straight.

Jackstar

Quote from: brig on January 13, 2017, 12:48:15 PM
conveniently changed to "my friends"

I don't see the conflict. People here were her friends when it was convenient for her.