• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

zeebo

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on July 01, 2016, 02:22:45 AM
This is a pretty good story about how Neil Armstrong had nothing related to the moon in his house-didn't want to be part of it.

That was kind of weird, never heard that one.  Or the one about his barber.

Quote from: TigerLily on July 01, 2016, 02:15:38 AM
I thought the $106 was a joke. But the joke is on the people willing to pay

Falkie!!! He'll pay.

Caller says his best friends mothers cousins nephews knew someone that found a 4000 year old (contemporary) computer in a pyramid.
It was running Heiroglyphs 95.

zeebo

George notes that his 14th anniv. of hosting Coast is coming up this Jan '17.  This means that he's been anchoring the show for longer than Art Bell himself.   ???

Well dammit, I have to give the guy credit for sheer, stubborn, relentless persistence.  Really quite an amazing, if disheartening, achievement.  Congrats George.  You've crushed my soul in the process, but still, god damn, there's something to be said for friggin stick-to-it-ive-ness.

Btw, the show which sent me over the proverbial edge and then onto the next logical destination, bellgab, was George's friggin lamentable 10th anniv. back in Jan. '13.  That's right, my bellgab anniverseries are inextricably tied to Noory's at c2c.  It's a dark, twisted connection, but yep, there it is.   I've come to accept these things.  :-\

Quote from: zeebo on July 01, 2016, 02:53:17 AM
George notes that his 14th anniv. of hosting Coast is coming up this Jan '17.  This means that he's been anchoring the show for longer than Art Bell himself.   ???

Heather and Hoagland also have more shows than Art's MiTD revival.

Well dammit, I have to give the guy credit for sheer, stubborn, relentless persistence.  Really quite an amazing, if disheartening, achievement.  Congrats George.  You've crushed my soul in the process, but still, god damn, there's something to be said for friggin stick-to-it-ive-ness.

Btw, the show which sent me over the proverbial edge and then onto the next logical destination, bellgab, was George's friggin lamentable 10th anniv. back in Jan. '13.  That's right, my bellgab anniverseries are inextricably tied to Noory's at c2c.  It's a dark, twisted connection, but yep, there it is.   I've come to accept these things.  :-\

I soured on Noory early. I wanted to like him, but quickly I realized he was pretty awful as a host. What Noory really sucks at is combining guest into a cohesive narrative. I do believe any decent host with the number of affiliates he has would pull better numbers than him. If Schrader, Punnet, Howard Huges, etc were full time hosting C2C, they would get better numbers. Freaking John B. Wells claims to have pulled better numbers.

PaulAtreides

Quote from: Dateline on June 30, 2016, 11:38:44 PM
All those hill people and Appalachians cannot afford those stiff fees.  However, I heard that one family was going to pool their disability checks and pitch in for one seat.  They will stack themselves up accordingly.

The front row will contain 40 arms, 40 legs and 16 teeth.

TigerLily

Linda did not disappoint. She rarely does. I admit I fell asleep right before any calls were taken. Which often is a blessing.

I fell asleep trying to figure out how it could be necessary to white out images of ufos and reptilian bases from photos taken during the landings when the moon landings themselves were faked. Truly a conundrum.

That was sad about Armstrong. I knew he refused to ever publicly talk about the moon landing. But to think nothing in his house. Not a photo. Not a moon rock. No souvenir to remember arguably the greatest achievement of humankind.

I just made up a new conspiracy theory. Armstrong has left behind full disclosure documents attesting to all the alien activity and all cover-ups concerning the moon and the moon landing. To be opened on the 20th anniversary of his passing. A new three secrets of Fatima for the 21st Century.  Just remember you saw it here first. 

Do you think people would be willing to shell out $106 to hear my insights on this matter?

Quote from: TigerLily on July 01, 2016, 07:01:54 AM
... That was sad about Armstrong. I knew he refused to ever publicly talk about the moon landing. But to think nothing in his house. Not a photo. Not a moon rock. No souvenir to remember arguably the greatest achievement of humankind...

If only he hadn't cut himself walking right into the side of one of Hoagie's glass buildings. 

The other astronauts made him the butt of their inside jokes and never let him hear the end of it.

TigerLily

Quote from: Paper*Boy on July 01, 2016, 07:10:05 AM
If only he hadn't cut himself walking right into the side of one of Hoagie's glass buildings. 

The other astronauts made him the butt of their inside jokes and never let him hear the end of it.

lol. Sorry Neil. Didn't mean to laugh at your pain. May you even now be strolling the beautiful plains of Mare Serenitatis

TigerLily

Quote from: ItsOver on July 01, 2016, 08:47:52 AM

Please. I just finished breakfast

Ed: Just how seriously Photoshopped is that pic. His hands are tinier than (((Donald's)))

ItsOver

Quote from: TigerLily on July 01, 2016, 08:50:53 AM
Please. I just finished breakfast

Ed: Just how seriously Photoshopped is that pic. His hands are tinier than (((Donald's)))
Hey, TL, be thankful he's wearing that shirt.

Uncle Duke

I have my doubts about the story of Armstrong not wanting to have anything to do with NASA and his trip to the moon.  Armstrong had no problems talking to us about Apollo 11 and his time with NASA.  He routinely used his experiences as both an astronaut and test pilot in class as examples to illustrate whatever point he was teaching at the time.  He also attended the various official ceremonies to commemorate the Apollo 11 mission with Aldrin and Collins on the anniversaries of the moon landing.

I also have my doubts Aldrin said the things LMH claimed about aliens on the moon and their craft.   If Aldrin had done so, thereby acknowledging alien life, it would have been the biggest news story in history.  Difficult to believe something so significant got no press/airplay at the time the quote was said to have occurred. 

TigerLily

Quote from: ItsOver on July 01, 2016, 09:52:00 AM
Hey, TL, be thankful he's wearing that shirt.

My breakfast is quickly moving upward. Thanks IO

ShayP

Quote from: Uncle Duke on July 01, 2016, 10:39:23 AM
I have my doubts about the story of Armstrong not wanting to have anything to do with NASA and his trip to the moon.  Armstrong had no problems talking to us about Apollo 11 and his time with NASA.  He routinely used his experiences as both an astronaut and test pilot in class as examples to illustrate whatever point he was teaching at the time.  He also attended the various official ceremonies to commemorate the Apollo 11 mission with Aldrin and Collins on the anniversaries of the moon landing.

I also have my doubts Aldrin said the things LMH claimed about aliens on the moon and their craft.   If Aldrin had done so, thereby acknowledging alien life, it would have been the biggest news story in history.  Difficult to believe something so significant got no press/airplay at the time the quote was said to have occurred.

^^^^^^

I'm with you there.

MrHippie

Go to coasttocoastam.com and

George Noory Comes Home Replay

"Couldn’t make it to George Noory's recent live event in St. Louis?

For a limited time, watch the event replay HERE!"

click on "watch preview"

I don't know anything about this - but its "free for a limited time"

and its the best Horror-Comedy ever made.

I'm speechless

Quote from: Uncle Duke on July 01, 2016, 10:39:23 AM

Yeah, I pretty much agree, Duke. I never really got the chance to meet Armstrong, but I know a couple of people that have and some that knew him. I think it`s amazing that you actually got to sit in a classroom with him! Holy schnikies! That`s one for the grandkids.

From what I understand, Armstrong was just a humble, Midwestern man with Midwestern values. We don`t see that much these days, so it`s a bit of a surprise to folks these days when a fellow just wants to live a quiet life--as Armstrong did.

Now, I did meet Buzz. We did some veteran stuff here in Myrtle Bach a few years ago. Talk about a spark plug! Buzz has a GREAT sense of humor. However, he is as rock solid a scientist as they come. It`s my opinion that he likes to tickle people`s imagination -- always with a twinkle in his eye, and a little smile on his face -- to get them interested in space. I remember him on TV saying there might be some structure on the moon around Mars. He never believed it WAS an obelisk, or building of any kind, but he like to create a little stir to get folk`s attention.

WOTR

Quote from: 21st Century Man on July 01, 2016, 02:07:24 AM
I'm 200 miles from Asheville.  Hopefully Noory will get abducted on the mountain roads around town.  Brown Mt. sounds like a good place.
I know they attempted it when he was in Mexico last time... Maybe they will be successful this time? ;)

WOTR

^^^THAT^^^ is funny!

Zeeb, you`re far too cool to do that to yourself. When it comes to Noory, just say NO.

ItsOver

Quote from: 21st Century Man on July 01, 2016, 02:07:24 AM
I'm 200 miles from Asheville.  Hopefully Noory will get abducted on the mountain roads around town.  Brown Mt. sounds like a good place.
Let's hope Jorch likes banjo music.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: TigerLily on July 01, 2016, 01:07:52 AM
Doctor I believe your ratio of serious to ridiculous is much too high.  Check your data. It's in the model. Or check your model. It's in the data. Or ...

Huh...I've been thinking just the opposite lately.  ;)

TigerLily

Quote from: ItsOver on July 01, 2016, 02:26:07 PM
Let's hope Jorch likes banjo music.

Jorch ...Squealing .... Pigs .... if only. Well, a girl can dream

ItsOver

Quote from: TigerLily on July 01, 2016, 02:30:12 PM
Jorch ...Squealing .... Pigs .... if only. Well, a girl can dream
Maybe the "locals" can load one of these up with turkey on whole wheat.

Morgus

Ugh, its Falkie Friday tonight and Submerging Artist Sunday with Noory. :o
Leave it to Noory to ruin a nice 3day holiday weekend...  :P

ItsOver

Quote from: Morgus on July 01, 2016, 04:35:47 PM
That's true!  UFO Phil, too!

"We may not find the answers. We may not find Bigfoot. We may not find a chupacabra. We may not find out who was responsible for killing JFK, but we're going to keep looking, asking, probing. And one day - you know what? - we may get some of those answers.   " - Dave Noorie

zeebo

Quote from: FightTheFuture on July 01, 2016, 01:17:26 PM
Zeeb, you`re far too cool to do that to yourself. When it comes to Noory, just say NO.

Thanks FTF, if I'm cool at all it's well-balanced by my nerdy side hehe .  But yeah my Noory exposure is limited to LMH nites and sometimes a few mins. of opening news for gaffs n' laughs.   :)

Quote from: Morgus on July 01, 2016, 04:35:47 PM

Good Dave is on Saturday though.  Looks like Arthur Conan Doyle will be the subject of discussion.