• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Juan

If I were actually sitting in my parents' basement, in my underwear, with nothing to do, I'd call sNoory at least once a week and get him to repeat the Hoffa story. I'd ask the question various ways.

stevesh

Quote from: UFO Fill on April 25, 2013, 02:52:02 PM
If I were actually sitting in my parents' basement, in my underwear, with nothing to do, I'd call sNoory at least once a week and get him to repeat the Hoffa story. I'd ask the question various ways.

HAHAHA - I would pay good money to hear that.

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: Morgus on April 25, 2013, 01:42:23 PM
Yes!
Belzer nearly took control over the show in the final hour last night with callers.
He was handling the callers directly and making them get to their point/question quickly - much superior to Noory.
Also Belzer demonstrated an incredible knowledge and interest of a wide variety of c2c topics, unlike Noory.

I missed a good show..... haven't heard a good C2C in many years, sorry I missed this one.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on April 25, 2013, 03:36:26 PM

I missed a good show..... haven't heard a good C2C in many years, sorry I missed this one.
Yeah the final hour was awesome especially near the end when the guy called about the lady from New Orleans and her husband who wound up in a creek.  Belzer did take control of the show!! Belzer for Coast to Coast Host!!!!

onan

I would certainly give him a shot. But as pointed out, premrat wouldn't bring the cash to the table. Belzer (no facts here) must make major bank playing John Munch. But who knows. I do know Belzer did a stint as a radio talking head on Air America.

Morgus

One of the final callers last night referred to the previous night's guest, Major Ed Dames.
Belzer actually said that Dames has been wrong many times, of course Noory didn't comment at all about that...

Noory apparently was scanning thru Belzer's new book's table of contents and noticed a chapter about Jimmy Hoffa - thats what spurred him to bring up being the last reporter to see Hoffa alive.
Noory even claimed he walked Hoffa out to his car after he appeared on a TV show and Hoffa revealed some things he wanted to do like get back into the union. Then a week later Hoffa was gone.
Of course Noory can't substantiate any of this at all...

Immy

Another pattern has emerged. Sure Jorch pats himself on the back for being such a trooper and working every first Sunday of the month. But he neglects to mention that he takes off the last Friday of every month. Phony...sucky phony.

ItsOver

I wish he was even more of a phony and took more nights off.

Quote from: Immy on April 25, 2013, 04:40:44 PM
Another pattern has emerged. Sure Jorch pats himself on the back for being such a trooper and working every first Sunday of the month. But he neglects to mention that he takes off the last Friday of every month. Phony...sucky phony.

True, but he's still sacrificing that time with his wife.. er, okay he's single.  Well with his children then.. um he doesn't seem to talk about them much...  What does he do with his spare time anyway?  Do you think he goes and sits in his mothers' basement?

sleeplessinca

Quote from: Morgus on April 25, 2013, 04:18:25 PM
Noory apparently was scanning thru Belzer's new book's table of contents and noticed a chapter about Jimmy Hoffa - thats what spurred him to bring up being the last reporter to see Hoffa alive.

That was so ham-handed.  Snoory went real quiet as he was thumbing through the book.  The show became more cohesive.  It was as if it was his first time looking at it. You would think he had already reviewed it during his hours of prep.  It was either that he had run out of things to say or  it was a last ditch look-a me opportunity to interject his Jimmy Hoffa story.  He is such a cutting edge kind of guy after all.   

MV/Liberace!

Haha, fuckin' ziznak... just noticed your avatar.

I do believe that if Belzer would be made the host, lots of Noory fans wouldn't know what to do. Where would they turn  for the compassion, the humanitarianism, and the 3rd-grade level banter?
....I feel like Noory was given the keys to a beautiful car, and it came back crashed. Ever see the movie License of Drive? That's what Noory has done to this show.
But Belzer made me realize how bad I damn miss Art.. and Belzer would be a hell of a host. Anyone would at this point in comparison.

Quote from: Morgus on April 25, 2013, 01:57:13 PM
The bumper music is all listed at the c2c website when the summary of the show is up: Bumper music from Wednesday April 24, 2013
[size=78%] [/size]

Thank you so much, Morgus...I listened to a few samples online and eventually found it on YouTube.   I hear it played often on Coast and I think the first part is intriguing so I wanted to hear more.   It's The Lung Shadows by Dusk.   So, now I'm listening in its entirety on You Tube.   

With all of Noory's yakking about himself, what's five seconds to rattle off the title and band of the music?     

Thank you, again...

mombird3

Does anyone have a rerun the following night on their Station. We get ti on WVOC from midnight to 1 AM before the news and Current Live C2C  show. I missed it so we will tune into it.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Glutton For Punishment on April 25, 2013, 09:45:38 PM

With all of Noory's yakking about himself, what's five seconds to rattle off the title and band of the music?     

He hasn't the foggiest about what is playing.  It took a major motion picture for Johnny Cash to enter his consciousness(relative term there) and he's vaguely aware of the Beatles,Dylan etc. We've mentioned before how you could play the Rolling Stones as an emerging artist and he probably wouldn't pick up on it.

ufogadfly

Quote from: Morgus on April 25, 2013, 04:18:25 PM
One of the final callers last night referred to the previous night's guest, Major Ed Dames.
Belzer actually said that Dames has been wrong many times, of course Noory didn't comment at all about that...

Noory even claimed he walked Hoffa out to his car after he appeared on a TV show and Hoffa revealed some things he wanted to do like get back into the union. Then a week later Hoffa was gone.
Of course Noory can't substantiate any of this at all...

The tape of the Hoffa interview probably disappeared like the one of his interview with Stanton Friedman to which he always refers; though I really don't doubt that it existed. Stan is very gracious about appearing on most shows.

eddie dean

Quote from: ziznak on April 25, 2013, 02:50:53 PM
Mr. Dean have you permanently discontinued doing "word of the day?"  I hope you've just been on hiatus... everybody loved them and there's more than enough material out there.  If you'll start doing it again I'm sure many of us can jot down show times where you can find the mushiest of the mush... maybe start a thread for it.... if you'll friggin DO EEEEET!!!

whaddaya say?  don't make me pm yer ass!

I guess you could classify it as a hiatus. After the last one, I got the feeling there wasn't much interest  anymore, maybe even jumped the shark.
But I knew I would probably come back to it one day, when I felt inspired and creative.
I can fire up my DAW and see if I can put another one together.
These things take considerable time to put together, not only the mixing and recording aspect but finding and saving the clips of audio, and arranging everything is insane.
Let me get into it and see what happens....

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on April 25, 2013, 09:57:03 PM
          He hasn't the foggiest about what is playing.  It took a major motion picture for Johnny Cash to enter his consciousness(relative term there) and he's vaguely aware of the Beatles,Dylan etc. We've mentioned before how you could play the Rolling Stones as an emerging artist and he probably wouldn't pick up on it.

All I know is if I'm told one more time that 'breaking up is hard to do' I'm going to lose it.  Noory's entire knowledge of pop culture seems to be from the 50's and 60's.  And not even the late 60's.   A better time in his eyes, I guess.  He claims to be a fan of James Bond but when Tommy wanted to play the song Skyfall from the latest release, it almost killed him to sit through it.  Again, he's thinking of the old Bond and nothing from the 70's on.  Even my 80 year old father has finally managed to pull himself out of the 50's and knows some of the more popular modern names.

To be honest, I would have never listened to Johnny Cash before but after hearing some of it on Art Bell and some television programs, I'm really starting to enjoy it.  From some things Noory has said I think he considers that music beneath him. 

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on April 25, 2013, 10:50:09 PM

To be honest, I would have never listened to Johnny Cash before but after hearing some of it on Art Bell and some television programs, I'm really starting to enjoy it.  From some things Noory has said I think he considers that music beneath him.

Art made me develop a tolerance, if not grudging approval of Abba and Nancy Sinatra/Lee Hazelwood songs. A heretofore unthinkable proposition for young Coyle. Being a music lover,  I consider bumper music a small, but integral part of a show. Noory could care less, which fits his overall approach to C2C anyhow.

George Noory really likes George Noory and he is his hobby.

Roy Hinkley

George glorifying another dead baby shhtory...

Roy Hinkley

Quote from: ItsOver on April 25, 2013, 10:28:35 AM

George Knapp usually mentions the music played, as well.  Yes, just go to the C2C site and they have a list of the music played.  Of course, you'll have to suffer through looking at George "Mr. Potato Head" Noory.

"I don't believe in coincidences." - George Noory

Beautiful work on the Potato Head Snoory ItsOver!!

ziznak

Quote from: eddie dean on April 25, 2013, 10:12:10 PM
I guess you could classify it as a hiatus. After the last one, I got the feeling there wasn't much interest  anymore, maybe even jumped the shark.
But I knew I would probably come back to it one day, when I felt inspired and creative.
I can fire up my DAW and see if I can put another one together.
These things take considerable time to put together, not only the mixing and recording aspect but finding and saving the clips of audio, and arranging everything is insane.
Let me get into it and see what happens....
Well you know everybody that posts on this thread is sure to hop on any chance to laugh at the nightly mush.  Even if you don't listen to the whole show if your checkin in from time to time you should be able to find some good ones.  Don't noory yourself! Everybody loved word of the day.

and my new avy is a tribute to the yin and yang of C2C... Jorch n Tommy complete each other

What the hell is this guy talking about?  We're not accelerating compared to anything in our environment, or even anything within the local group of galaxies.   Our entire region of space is moving slightly faster compared to things billions of light years away than it was millions of years ago.  That doesn't affect 'energies' within our region of space.  We are effectively motionless.  Movement is relative.  I hate it when guys like this try to talk science to illustrate their stories.

mombird3

My station had some replay of the show Wed. not much of it. I wish I had caught the show. I was not listening to it Wednesday and I am so turned iff of it that rarely do I listen. On bumper music, George Noory did not know that Pat Boon's song was not emerging artist music, 4 months ago on a Sunday night. George and Pat did not know it.Poor Pat he did not recognize the song and it was his.
I am sure Noory's Mom did not allow Rolling Stones music. No Beatles either. "Come Together" was "DIRTY."

Why do guests always tell George he is asking good questions when he is asking stupid questions?

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on April 26, 2013, 12:30:21 AM
Why do guests always tell George he is asking good questions when he is asking stupid questions?

Yeah, I've been suspicious of this for months.  I always wonder if they are prompted by Tommy to say that to make George appear more astute than he really is.   It's just too coincidental that almost every guest says "That's a good/great question, George."   And it never is...it's usually a mediocre question born from absolutely no insight.

Gay

Quote from: mombird3 on April 26, 2013, 12:16:19 AM
My station had some replay of the show Wed. not much of it. I wish I had caught the show. I was not listening to it Wednesday and I am so turned iff of it that rarely do I listen. On bumper music, George Noory did not know that Pat Boon's song was not emerging artist music, 4 months ago on a Sunday night. George and Pat did not know it.Poor Pat he did not recognize the song and it was his.
I am sure Noory's Mom did not allow Rolling Stones music. No Beatles either. "Come Together" was "DIRTY."

The show has been posted to youtube

Coast To Coast Am - April 24 2013 - Conspiracies and JFK Assassination - Coast To Coast Am This Week

Morgus

Because if they didn't Noory dumps them early and are not asked back?   8)

Quote from: Glutton For Punishment on April 26, 2013, 12:38:12 AM

Yeah, I've been suspicious of this for months.  I always wonder if they are prompted by Tommy to say that to make George appear more astute than he really is.   It's just too coincidental that almost every guest says "That's a good/great question, George."   And it never is...it's usually a mediocre question born from absolutely no insight.

I've wondered about that too.

Gay

Maybe they see Alex Jones sewing his lips to George's anus and they figure that if they stroke George they might become as successful as Alex