• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

GravitySucks

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 14, 2018, 01:39:10 AM
This is all going to go so badly. I feel bad for her, actually.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 14, 2018, 01:43:21 AM

True, True. From a business standpoint she made her nest. But I think this is going to go down worse than that. Like "I don't wish that on anyone" worse.

Dyna-X

Quote from: SaucyRossy on May 14, 2018, 01:32:08 AM
I can’t find a link online to a single terrestrial station, am or fm, that carries LNM. Anyone else have better luck? Let alone stations that carry the entire networks stable of shows.

Unless, the figure is being used as they are giving free (high quality) stream access to short wave, satellite, and being on apps?

Either way. If the figure was even 1/10000 true, they wouldn’t have this on their site.
I couldn't find any either. The network/Vara seem to have their own pile of baggage, if you dig around. I'd be leery to open up a lemonade stand with him, let alone be affiliated with him.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 14, 2018, 01:39:10 AM
This is all going to go so badly. I feel bad for her, actually.

It’s entirely possible she could be ok. She seems to have a loyal group willing to pay. Doesn’t take many of them for it to be worth it. Especially if she’s not paying for the cost of the streaming. 

Lilith

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 14, 2018, 01:43:21 AM

I think he told her she could come back at a different time, with her own show.  I'm sure I read that somewhere, but I'm not certain, because I don't have the energy or the time to waste,  to go look for it.

Nobody

Quote from: LadyFish on May 13, 2018, 11:27:55 PM
I thought I heard Karen confirm that she had indeed posted about Heather on her Facebook page.

Indeed.  One of Karen's posts concerning the Supreme Mistress of Poor Taste included this:

...which I knew, instinctively, I was supposed to feel absolutely terrible about seeing.  :-[

However, something happened before I could quite get around to feeling terrible and I ended up laughing myself sick instead; I've decided to blame BellGab for the entire mess.

*Stands by to burn in Hell*

GravitySucks

Quote from: SaucyRossy on May 14, 2018, 01:46:01 AM
It’s entirely possible she could be ok. She seems to have a loyal group willing to pay. Doesn’t take many of them for it to be worth it. Especially if she’s not paying for the cost of the streaming.

Even if she had $0 expenses for the live streaming, she is going to have to have some overhead for the archives and maintenance of the website, posting the archives and managing the user accounts.

Let’s say she has 5% costs for the credit card services, that means it takes 1000 subscribers to net $55k

I don’t see her being able to pay herself, a producer and a webmaster out of a $55k tenuous income stream. I think the number of subscribers was slowly approaching 1000.

She might do better with a donate button and/or a patreon account. Although I don’t know what she could offer patreon supporters as bonus content.

SciFiAuthor

Yeah, could be, and I'm not inclined to wish negativity on her. But this whole network thing seems really fishy. Licensed music in archived podcasts, low numbers for the network, legacy invoked in a bad way, disinterest in taking advantage of new platforms, Lasha going crazy everywhere, eh ... not a good mix. But, then again, Vara might have super deep pockets for all anyone knows.

Cowkiller

Quote from: Catsmile on May 14, 2018, 01:34:33 AM
# What % of the $300 Will Heath Demand 4 Her #Legacy Show?

Maybe shes gonna go the on air beggathon route,
Or just have em send cash/money order to her po box?
Shes gotta bring that steak and bottle of whiskey(save your money girl and just buy a gallon of early times in the plastic bottle)

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 14, 2018, 01:54:45 AM
She might do better with a donate button and/or a patreon account. Although I don’t know what she could offer patreon supporters as bonus content.

That's pretty easy if you post to them and do things like behind-the-scenes videos AND you put tons of time into it, years. If someone's going to pledge $5 a month, chances are they really like your content. I can't envision her doing a behind the scenes video though.

Catsmile

Even if she had $0 expenses for the live streaming, she is going to have to have some overhead for the archives and maintenance of the website, posting the archives and managing the user accounts.

Let’s say she has 5% costs for the credit card services, that means it takes 1000 subscribers to net $55k

I don’t see her being able to pay herself, a producer and a webmaster out of a $55k tenuous income stream. I think the number of subscribers was slowly approaching 1000.

1000 X $5.00 = $55,000.00 ?? Wut??
# NoWunderDemMarzMissionzWentTitzUp

With $55K/Mo. she might afford including music in the downloads. <WinkWinkEmoji>

yoursongs

She could make it work only if she never left her home, or didn't like being seen in public, and had their house paid for or given to them.  But what person in their right mind has that situation?     ......oh

GravitySucks

Quote from: Catsmile on May 14, 2018, 02:04:05 AM
1000 X $5.00 = $55,000.00 ?? Wut??
# NoWunderDemMarzMissionzWentTitzUp

With $55K/Mo. she might afford including music in the downloads. <WinkWinkEmoji>

$5/month x 12 months = $60. X 1000 subscribers = $60k

Now do it with $4.99 and remove 5%

Nobody

Quote from: WOTR on May 14, 2018, 12:08:18 AM
Last that I looked, they still own the Ross Revenge and they broadcast from it in dry dock every few months (nostalgia?)  I think they also do tours on it and have put up a new antenna.  I read quite a lot on it a year or two ago and cannot believe that it still floats (though it is no longer sea worth- not that little details like that ever dissuaded the operators form anchoring them in the ocean.)  ;)

Not that they ever did, no: seaborne pirate radio broadcasting was genuine risk-your-life stuff.  Very unlike today's podcasting.

(Sorry Amy.)

I'll have to have a poke round and see what I can find.  I half-expect the online Caroline of 2018 to be hiding behind the proverbial 7 proxies, but I'm sure after all the notoriety they earned long ago, they ended up attracting enough attention so that money is no longer a (big) problem.

Catsmile

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 14, 2018, 02:02:33 AM
That's pretty easy if you post to them and do things like behind-the-scenes videos AND you put tons of time into it, years. If someone's going to pledge $5 a month, chances are they really like your content. I can't envision her doing a behind the scenes video though.

Dyna-X

Quote from: brig on May 14, 2018, 01:48:14 AM
I think he told her she could come back at a different time, with her own show.  I'm sure I read that somewhere, but I'm not certain, because I don't have the energy or the time to waste,  to go look for it.
That's what I read as well. Meaning different timeslot - own show meaning not MITD.

GravitySucks

Quote from: brig on May 14, 2018, 01:48:14 AM

That just goes to show he wasn’t playing the “evil Keith”. It sounds like he was bending over backwards to make sure she could continue to make a living as long as she didn’t present herself as the second coming of Art.

Catsmile

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 14, 2018, 02:08:24 AM
$5/month x 12 months = $60. X 1000 subscribers = $60k

Now do it with $4.99 and remove 5%

Okay per year... Wut About Taxez on the business, Around 20-30%. How will she process credit cards? Merchant account? If not it may entail more than 5%... Then Aloe Vera will get jelly want a cut. She will expect him to pay her for being on his network.

ASSUMING 1000 subs. Plus paying for downloaded music...

# LetTheLuLzRoll

GravitySucks

Quote from: Catsmile on May 14, 2018, 02:26:25 AM
Okay per year... Wut About Taxez on the business, Around 20-30%. How will she process credit cards? Merchant account? If not it may entail more than 5%... Then Aloe Vera will get jelly want a cut. She will expect him to pay her for being on his network.

ASSUMING 1000 subs. Plus paying for downloaded music...

# LetTheLuLzRoll

Business class internet. Phone lines. Backup internet?

Even if she had some commercials that were paying her and not Vera I don’t see how she is going to make ends meet.  She still doesn’t have a subscription services set up and tested. You bet I would trust Carl with my cc#. Sharon looks like she needs a healthy food budget.

GravitySucks

Quote from: PrairieGhost on May 14, 2018, 02:31:02 AM
Here is the website for the Karen Neely lady.

https://www.neelyproductionsinc.com/

Maybe she gets a million listeners to her erotica (under K. Kamara)

https://thevelvetropeerotica.wordpress.com

But they sure don’t go through her blog.

Nobody

Quote from: Dexwithers on May 14, 2018, 12:36:49 AM
That Lasha Bitch is doing more harm than good for HW. Not sure who is crazier between the two of them. lol

Their finishing school was bombed.

Quote from: Catsmile on May 14, 2018, 02:15:00 AM

50 Shades of Bell:

50 dollar reward tier for paypigs gets you a hot and steamy phonecall.

PrairieGhost

LNM peak listeners 432.

http://50.7.71.219:7228/

If you're a mobile listener their stream is also 128kbps.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: PrairieGhost on May 14, 2018, 02:49:10 AM
LNM peak listeners 432.

http://50.7.71.219:7228/

If you're a mobile listener their stream is also 128kbps.

Thanks PG :) So what's the monetization profile like for them do you think?

GravitySucks

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 14, 2018, 02:55:18 AM
Thanks PG :) So what's the monetization profile like for them do you think?

$330 according to their donatameter

Kolchak

There’s no path forward for her. She broke her non-compete. It seems Keith was willing to waive that. But since she decided to bring the battle to him, he’ll fight back on the right side of the law.

Art was smart enough to realize this when he quit Dark Matter.