• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

DanTSX

Quote from: aldousburbank on November 04, 2013, 09:13:13 PM
Whatever George, you still suck. That can never change.
Ditto

GEORGE.  JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU SUCK DICK AND WE HATE YOU TOO.

LAM4:2

Quote from: guildnavigator on November 04, 2013, 08:46:11 PM
I'd bet he's left pahrump by now for that matter.
lol i bet he's on the next flight out to Ho Chi Minh city. I'm not mad at his departure, he'll be back he always comes back.

HumanBeing

Quote from: EarthAlien007 on November 04, 2013, 08:10:02 PM
Anybody who thinks Noory is happy, think again.
He's probably shitting himself right now. Art's in radio mode, and contracts (Noory's) mean nothing these days. He knows PremRat would drop him in a New York minute if Art even farted in their direction.

Sirius couldn't handle Art Bell. That's the bottom line.
He'll be back. I bet his phone is ringing now.

I can't ever see Art Bell taking over Coast To Coast and replacing Noory.

I think George has romanced Premiere very well. He is as dumb as a box a rocks on most nights but he seems like a real politician and people person. So he's wined and dined Premiere to the point where I don't see this relationship ending in other than positive terms for George... haha he is slick... you see that hair and terrible dye job? his barely interesting books he "co-authors"... I think co-authors may be closer to meaning "free advertisement on Coast To Coast" than anything George actually writes haha

Fly By Night

He put in 6 weeks and now he's winding down folks, he winding down.

nomobjustice

Quote from: DanTSX on November 04, 2013, 08:58:54 PM
I don't.

I referred to her as such even when we were falling over ourselves at his return.

I was careful not to forget that Art isn't grandpa, but I still didn't expect this cockslap.
I dunno I just feel I was out of line. I am however convinced now that he murdered Ramona  :P

someguy

Quote from: area51drone on November 04, 2013, 09:04:46 PM
I don't have time to read through this entire thread at the moment, but I do agree that Art will be back as a pod cast.   He loves this too much, and if he charges for it, I am willing to bet you if you send him a copy of your receipt for your Sirius subscription, he'll waive fees for some period of time.    He's not stupid.  He knows exactly what he's doing and how far he can push everyone.   He'll be back, and the show will be better than ever.   Just fucking stop calling Jaz, you're making the show look small ;)

The whole thing reminds me a little of how I felt about Steve French.

:'( :'(

Trailer Park Boys - Bubbles Says Goodbye to Steve French

more like this

Bubbles knows how I feel...

jazmunda

I got Art's pre-recorded message via email too.

I wonder if he's reading them and then sending it to everyone or whether he has his Out of Office reply on.

"I started the show with the expectation that my listener's would be able to stream the show since most were coming from AM. They started the thirty day trial and found that it was dropping out on them every few minutes. After the 30 day trial most did not renew, why would they? Faced with paying about $180 bucks a Year for something that was not working right, what would you do? So I lost my base. My show is based on call in, if all I am left with is Truck drivers (love them but the cell connections are not good) with cell phones going down the road at 70 MPH, well you get the idea. So I asked Sirius to allow free streaming for a Year until they could fix their problems and they said no. The show was simply not viable under these conditions.

Art"

wenck

Quote from: CRM 114 on November 04, 2013, 09:09:14 PM
How long until someone makes a 'Hitler finds out Art Bell quits Dark Matter' video.

Working on it...

RedMichael

What I want to know is if he was still trying to sell Sirius radios after he knew he was done with sirius or deeply contemplating it. If not, then it must have been a spur of the moment decision. One is highly unethical and the other is kinda sad. Both are highly damaging to one's reputation. You can't expect me to believe poor Art just keeps getting fucked over by the big bad corporate suits.

Every time he quits he doesn't quit just to quit, its because of this or that. Just say you're old, man...just say you don't got it in you anymore...and refund the radios.

I leave you with choice quotes from Bell before he started his radio show. (less than 2 months ago)

"“I think people’s memories of what was grow fonder as time goes on. I’ve got a lot to live up to. It’s not exactly like a NASA launch, where everything gets triple-checked. Not everything will go smoothly.”

"“SiriusXM is the perfect fit for me and my new show Art Bell’s Dark Matter,”

"Bell, who broadcasts from his home in the Nevada desert, tackled UFOs, conspiracies, cover-ups, chupacabras and more for some 15 years before his sudden retirement last year. Now, he’s promising to stick around for “years.”"

Reminder, this was a mere few months ago.

ChewMouse

Note: Producer Paul is in the house.

aldousburbank

Quote from: ChewMouse on November 04, 2013, 09:21:43 PM
Note: Producer Paul is in the house.
Well then, a beer? Wine? Let's talk.

onan

ItsOver

From "Extraterrestrial radio!!!" to feeling like I'm Bill Clinton's face on a magazine.  :(

Job

I think the show is on air right now.  Bumper was "Don't Leave me this Way",  then nothing but a "HeartAche", now Hoagland repeat.  Got me going for a while there.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: jazmunda on November 04, 2013, 09:19:09 PM
I got Art's pre-recorded message via email too.

I wonder if he's reading them and then sending it to everyone or whether he has his Out of Office reply on.

"I started the show with the expectation that my listener's would be able to stream the show since most were coming from AM. They started the thirty day trial and found that it was dropping out on them every few minutes. After the 30 day trial most did not renew, why would they? Faced with paying about $180 bucks a Year for something that was not working right, what would you do? So I lost my base. My show is based on call in, if all I am left with is Truck drivers (love them but the cell connections are not good) with cell phones going down the road at 70 MPH, well you get the idea. So I asked Sirius to allow free streaming for a Year until they could fix their problems and they said no. The show was simply not viable under these conditions.

Art"

Since this has been reposted, I'll ask my question again.  If streaming wasn't in his contract with Sirius, why would he have an "expectation his listeners would be able to stream the show..."?  Note here he says he had this expectation "when he started the show". 

warsau

How does this make sense?  Art just got out of a non-compete, signs a new one, works six weeks and quits?  Over what again? 

There's more to this story folks.

I'm not as upset about him leaving so much as the way he left.

aldousburbank

804 users here ready to provide a listening.

Jnthn932

Thanks for the timely response through email Paul. You didn't have to, I wasnt expecting it, but you did anyway.

CRM 114

20 years to build a legacy....one weekend to turn it to crap.

popple

Quote from: dortmunder on November 04, 2013, 09:08:21 PM
And I do even remember someone calling into the show saying they had just discovered Art Bell through Sirius ads for the show and were getting into it.

I do. Several times. People have said they found his show on there and really liked it. I believe even on the Spooky Matter show one woman said her friend found the show and told her about it then she listened and got hooked.

I am so confused and angry that I am actually a little dizzy. Maybe I am confused. Maybe disgusted.. But ... he will now vanish into the night, fade into memories.

Well, that same damned message is in my inbox, so no he hasn't canned the account. I guess I'm just another dumbass who chose to continue paying $180 a year to hear truckers on cell phones. What a fucking idiot I am. Thanks a lot for clearing that up Art Bell.

ourobouros2k2

QuoteWhat I want to know is if he was still trying to sell Sirius radios after he knew he was done with sirius or deeply contemplating it. If not, then it must have been a spur of the moment decision. One is highly unethical and the other is kinda sad. Both are highly damaging to one's reputation. You can't expect me to believe poor Art just keeps getting fucked over by the big bad corporate suits.

Yeah, I didn't think about that, but his advertisers are taking it as well. Bad form. Art is the Axl Rose of the talk radio world. No one will take the risk of backing him now.

Sorry, just the opinion of a "fair weather fan"

Let everyone get back to apologizing for his behavior now..

FallenSeraph

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on November 04, 2013, 09:07:47 PM
Jesus Mary and Joesph. 

I've been busy at work and never even had a chance to sign up for Sirius.  Pretty thankful that I didn't.

I figured Art would hang in there at least 6 months before going into Weasel Mode.    Sheesh - what's it been?   6 weeks!?!!?

Unreal

OH MY GAWD, YOUR AV! I forgot all about that creepy guy!

Quote from: Dude111 on November 04, 2013, 09:06:20 PM
I am so sorry buddy,i will say a prayer for your dad :)

Thanks, Dude. I appreciate it.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: popple on November 04, 2013, 09:27:06 PM
I do. Several times. People have said they found his show on there and really liked it. I believe even on the Spooky Matter show one woman said her friend found the show and told her about it then she listened and got hooked.

I think the lady who won the ghost photo contest said that as well.

McPhallus

I think he's saying the show was essentially unlistenable for those listening live rather than after the fact (recorded) shows.  Since the show is based largely on callers, he's arguing that the show was unworkable.  His "suggestion" that they offer free streaming for all for a year was a workaround, albeit a rather extreme one.

Quote from: Uncle Duke on November 04, 2013, 09:24:43 PM
Since this has been reposted, I'll ask my question again.  If streaming wasn't in his contract with Sirius, why would he have an "expectation his listeners would be able to stream the show..."?  Note here he says he had this expectation "when he started the show".

HMC

Quote from: guildnavigator on November 04, 2013, 09:27:23 PM
Well, that same damned message is in my inbox, so no he hasn't canned the account. I guess I'm just another dumbass who chose to continue paying $180 a year to hear truckers on cell phones. What a fucking idiot I am. Thanks a lot for clearing that up Art Bell.

THIS. This is exactly what Art said to his fans today. I don't understand this "he just wants the best for his fans" nonsense. He thought the quality of callers sucked, so he quit. That's really insulting.

indigoo

Quote from: guildnavigator on November 04, 2013, 09:27:23 PM

At least he could be bothered to type up a canned response and set it on auto-pilot. He's probably touching down in Manila as we type.