• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

bsbishop

Quote from: valdez on March 11, 2014, 05:49:13 AM
     David Paulides said he didn't want to "fly off the handle" with theories (on the missing kids) that he had no evidence for, which, in George's twelve year old brain, means that Yeti, Sasquatch, aliens, and portals are all in play.  The "pilots screaming" comment with Jack Cashill was disgraceful.  While I haven't heard many recordings of a pilot's last moments, every single one that I have heard has only demonstrated their professionalism.  Some people, George, walk this earth with a dignity you shall never fathom.

There were several times in that interview where Noory would say something dumb like, "Do you think it's Bigfoot traveling through time snatching kids?" (not exact quote but something along those lines), and then there'd be a long pause as if Paulides was saying to himself, "WTF? Ok.. Don't be an asshole and show how stupid this question was... You're here to sell books. Just answer the question in the most polite way possible.."

Although, you have to give Noory credit on this on as he was paying attention.. Just didn't have much intelligent to add to it. It really was like a 12yo doing an interview.

wr250

and tonights show illuminati in the 1st half  and quantum physics ties into consciousness in the 2nd. should be good for a few portal and angel cracks by noory. 

bsbishop

Quote from: wr250 on March 11, 2014, 09:55:23 AM
and tonights show illuminati in the 1st half  and quantum physics ties into consciousness in the 2nd. should be good for a few portal and angel cracks by noory.

I'll pass until something interesting shows up again. I almost passed on Paulides because of Noory..

VtaGeezer

I turned on the second hour with Paulides.  Sounded like Paulides' cue cards vs. The Dull One's cue cards to me.   I thought it was blatantly scripted.  Even the scripted LMH avoids the kind of fake back & forth during her reading that Noory & Paulides were doing.  I agree with who ever said that Paulides was repeating the same material for the third time.  I suspect he's on with Noory because Knapp cut him loose until he has something new.  He's making a big deal about disappearance from over 50 years ago, when forensics were primitive and the national parks and forests were overseen by park rangers and rural sheriffs with virtually no formal criminal law enforcement training.  Last night clearly demonstrated the No.2 flaw with C2C (after Noory); good guests too go stale if they have nothing new to say.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: Gassy Man on March 11, 2014, 12:27:29 AM
Yuck, George just brought up molestation of children . . .

I was asleep and I woke up just long enough to hear him ask that.  Off went the radio.

Nebraska888

Quote from: yumyumtree on March 10, 2014, 11:16:06 PM
I think the word might be "plied", not "piled". We're in for a bumpy night.

God, thank you!!!!  I love it when someone verifies what I thought was totally impossible for a national host  to say.  But, once again, Noory HAS NO CLUE ABOUT STANDARD ENGLISH AND WORD PRONUNCIATIONS!   :o

HorrorRetro

Quote from: yumyumtree on March 11, 2014, 05:04:19 AM
For people in the Puget Sound: remember the Michael Schreck case about 8 years ago? He was out jogging and lost on Tiger Mountain or someplace for a weekend? When he turned up a lot of people felt his story didnt add up and he should have been found, considering the search. I always felt that there was more to that story.

I was living out of state at that time, so I wasn't familiar with the case. I looked it up and, yeah, it sure doesn't sound like it happened the way he claimed it did.

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2003717073_webmissing22m.html

Nebraska888

Quote from: FightTheFuture on March 11, 2014, 02:59:58 AM
Well, despite George's best efforts, I think it was a rather enjoyable show. David P always brings game.

Agreed!  Yep, David P. rocked the house, once again.  Spooky, creepy stuff!  And, he managed to keep Noory quiet most of the time.

Quote from: Nebraska888 on March 11, 2014, 11:06:48 AM

Agreed!  Yep, David P. rocked the house, once again.  Spooky, creepy stuff!  And, he managed to keep Noory quiet most of the time.

Exactly! Which was precisely what I was hoping would happen.

bateman

I'll repeat b-dubb's question. Why are any of you still listening?

Gd5150

Paulides has been the best guest for a decade. Everytime he's on it's interesting, mysterious, freaky. I had low hopes for last nights show but I have to say Noory stepped it up. He was engaging, didnt ask the same old generic questions, he actually listened and followed up with questions as of they were having a real coversation. I hope they can learn from last night and take the show back in the right direction.

Some tips:
- darker music, it should mellow and lower the atmosphere not be happy go lucky or mainstream
- only bring a few scripted questions per hour, this should be an organic conversation. And don't be afraid to gently challenge the guests.
- tone the voice down. In pitch, speed, and take some breaths. This is a marathon not a sprint. Why run down the hill and screw 1 cow when you can walk down the hill and screw them all. It's all about style baby.
- instead of being a corporate exec in some crowded highrise in Los Angeles, imagine you're a guy alone in the high desert having a conversation about a subject that interests you.

bsbishop

Quote from: VtaGeezer on March 11, 2014, 10:16:27 AM
I turned on the second hour with Paulides.  Sounded like Paulides' cue cards vs. The Dull One's cue cards to me.   I thought it was blatantly scripted.  Even the scripted LMH avoids the kind of fake back & forth during her reading that Noory & Paulides were doing.  I agree with who ever said that Paulides was repeating the same material for the third time.  I suspect he's on with Noory because Knapp cut him loose until he has something new.  He's making a big deal about disappearance from over 50 years ago, when forensics were primitive and the national parks and forests were overseen by park rangers and rural sheriffs with virtually no formal criminal law enforcement training.  Last night clearly demonstrated the No.2 flaw with C2C (after Noory); good guests too go stale if they have nothing new to say.

Yeah, it did sounds a bit like rehearsed cue-card stuff and it seemed a bit rehashed.

"What's the case of..." - cue card, and Paulides responds appropriately.

The producers may be having Paulides on with Noory and doing the cue card bit because they know Noory is tanking and want to force a good show. That would make sense to me.

C2C may own the night time but that doesn't mean anything if radios are off. If you're a broadcaster being forced to carry C2C because you want to have Rush on in the afternoon, if the radios are going off then you have a pretty good argument against that bundling.

One thing I hate is that all of the guests must be coasted to respond

Gassy Man

Quote from: bateman on March 11, 2014, 11:36:33 AM
I think this is a fair question that deserves a fair -- and serious -- answer.  I've addressed at least one of these items before, but here is a more complete list.

I listen primarily for four reasons:

1)  I'm interested in the kinds of topics that C2C discusses (or used to discuss).  Finding meaningful discussion on them is virtually impossible in any other mass media format.  C2C is pretty much the only game in town, and although 90 percent of the time it's just complete crap, on occasion, the guests manage to bring something to the table that is worth hearing.  Once Art left, there was for a while a balance between the hosts that were good to marginal (Knapp, Punnett) and insipid (Noory).  When Simone and Wells were brought on  and Punnett left, the scales tilted too far in the Noory direction.

2)  To hear George's many assaults on logic, reason, dignity, decency, and understanding.  There is something strangely glorious in the way that George destroys the very integrity of the communication process, from his lack of self awareness to his malapropisms and non sequiturs to his mangled pronunciations to his paint-by-numbers approach to the interview.  George could very well be that kid sitting behind a cardboard box and selling lemonade on a street corner, except George would forget the box, end up in an alley, and be selling raw beets with pink sprinkles on them and have no clue that what he is doing is incorrect.  True, I can only listen for so long before I've had my fill, but I don't know that I laugh as hard at intentional comedy as much as I do at George's antics.

3)  To find out what products not to purchase based on who is advertising on C2C. 

4)  In the fading hope that the show, by some miracle, can return to something resembling its glory days with Art Bell.

BattyBrooke

Quote from: scifinj on February 08, 2014, 09:38:17 PM
Hey, gang. Been away for a while. I know this Nooryism has been mentioned before but it seems like he uses it even more frequently than ever: "No doubt" or "No doubt about it." I'm convinced he uses it as a crutch when he can't think of an intelligent reply to a guest's comments, or doesn't have a prepared question ready. But it's the most ridiculous when he's referring to something about which there's plenty of doubt.

He had to replace "That's true.", "That's very true." and "That's true too." with something.

BattyBrooke

Quote from: Gd5150 on March 11, 2014, 11:51:51 AM
Paulides has been the best guest for a decade. Everytime he's on it's interesting, mysterious, freaky.

Paulides was on?!?!?!! I haven't listened in at least 6 months, now I missed my fav guest of all time. What was the date he was on so I can try and find it on youtube or some such place...?

ItsOver

Quote from: Abby Normal on March 11, 2014, 07:03:31 AM
Same here.  I was minding my own business, watching reruns of Dragnet 1968 on MeTV when the doorbell rang.  Thinking it was Jehovah's Witnesses handing out free comic books, I opened the door.  It was Tommy.  He hit me over the head with a pipe wrench and it was lights out.  Next thing I know, here I am in George's basement...

Is it getting crowded down there?  Say hello to Seraphim for us.  ;)

FallenSeraph

Quote from: BattyBrooke on March 11, 2014, 12:46:40 PM
Paulides was on?!?!?!! I haven't listened in at least 6 months, now I missed my fav guest of all time. What was the date he was on so I can try and find it on youtube or some such place...?

Last night. Let me know if you want me to grab the show and upload it to MediaFire or something for you.

Timing, convenience, I hate sports radio.. I usually listen while I am driving a car or washing dishes.

bsbishop

Last night / This morning. (March 10-11, 2014)

This show was also good:
Dyatlov Pass Incident
Sunday November 17, 2013
Author and investigative researcher Keith McCloskey joined George Knapp for a discussion about what happened to the nine well-trained skiers & hikers who lost their lives in the mysterious "Dyatlov Pass Incident," which took place...
Host: George Knapp
Guest(s): Keith McCloskey

ItsOver

I've found Paulides interesting when's he been on with Knapp.  I also find it interesting he seems to shy away from the obvious parallels to the supposed alien abduction stories.  Maybe it's just me, but if you put aside the remote locations he's been focusing on, many of the cases sound eerily similar to the supposed alien deductions.  Of the ones who were finally found, the victims have no memory of what happened, at least according to Paulides.  The usual "missing time" claim?  There's also the apparent "X-Files-type" involvement of the Feds.  They're very interested in the phenomenon but mum about any details.

Clyde Lewis had Peter Davenport on his show not long ago.  Davenport discussed the chilling case of a Pennsylvania man who disappeared while hunting in the remote wilds.  The hunter's remains were eventually found, scattered high up in some trees.  There was also a report at the time of a UFO sighted over the mountain where the hunter disappeared.  It could have easily been a story covered by Paulides.

NowhereInTime

He was on, but when Jorch actually asked him some questions in the fourth hour he started to demur and give answers like "who am I to say and who am I not to say?"  Every time Jorch asked him to expand on a theory about what's "happaneen" to these disappearing people Paulides would start to say stuff about "look, what's really important is to discuss why the government isn't releasing more information or showing any interest in these disappearances."  Finally, Jorch got him to blurt out the possibility of demons abducting people (of couirse, Jorch had to bring up "portals") because many disappearances happened near areas with "devil" in their name.

awake

^^  this

ItsOver

This is interesting.  Guess who's a reviewer of Paulides "Missing 411-North America and Beyond" and is referenced on http://www.canammissing.com/missing-411-north-america.html ?

One of the early reviews of “Missing 411-North America and Beyond” was written by New York Times Best Selling author Whitley Strieber:

"David Paulides has shined a light onto one of the greatest and most disturbing mysteries of our time: the simple and awful fact that people disappear, especially in our national parks, and little effort is made to find them, let alone inform the public about the danger.

Even when massive searches are mounted, and people are found, the events surrounding their loss and recovery are often far beyond logical explanation.

This is the most comprehensive and expertly presented series of books on the subject ever written, and the latest volume, which includes stories from five countries, is sobering, chilling and far too well researched to ignore. Essential reading."

Whitley Strieber
New York Times Best Selling Author

Good 'ol "I've been abducted by an unknown phenomenon who's "known me intimately."  Maybe or maybe not but maybe I can sell some books and make some bucks."  ;)

albrecht

At least Paulides didn't bite during George's frequent suggestions that "bigfoot did it", UFO (or portals), and maintained that he just doesn't know. When he first on the program I was leaning towards perverts, serial killers, "mountain men", mountain lions, etc the likely culprits. Especially considering that much of the search areas in his stories were searched a while after the abduction and not by trained "trackers" (as the Ranger mentioned in the call-in section). Mountain lions can be very close to you and you will never know. They can get quite large and so could take a child away to it den or further off into the woods. Also, I was reminded on the infamous Kari Swenson case in which some inbred-types kidnapped her to give his son a "mountain bride". It could be degenerates living up in the mountains and hills kidnap for that reason, to protect their stills or drug labs, etc. Or like that guy who was on the run in Colorado for months eluding capture. There also have been a few famous serial killers who used national parks for their killings and rapes (evidence though was left in those cases.)
ps: apparently the kidnapper of Kari was released from prison but soon re-offended...
http://www.mtpioneer.com/2012-April-Infamous-Dan-Nichols.html

Nebraska888

We listen with nightly hope that interesting guests are capable of circumventing Noory's idiocy and proceed to take the lead with interesting and entertaining topics.  It happens......but, ya' have to listen or you miss some good stuff. 

VtaGeezer

It depends on what they're playing on KTNN when I tune-in.; if its Navaho songs, I'll listen.  If its country-western; even Noory is preferable to c-w (or the sports talk on the other distant AM stations I can get here in Vortex Central).

coaster

If I find the topic of the show interesting I will tune in. I just tune Noory out and listen to the guest.

smithy

[attachimg=1]

That's a great question! Why is anyone still listening to George Snoory?  From a marketing perspective I still have a hard time accepting that mediocrity is rewarded so highly.   P.T. Barnum said, "Don't underestimate the intelligence of the public."

I want to see the ship sink rather than stick my head in the sand and not watch.

albrecht

If you listen via torrent, youtube download, without any commercials and do it out of boredom and not buy any of their products (or even know what they are due to commercial deletion) I can't see that helps Premier or George. So I listen out of boredom because it is back-ground noise and some guests are still worth hearing (sometimes.)

bsbishop

Upon listening to the Paulides podcast this afternoon (well, part of it), I've come to the conclusion: I'm done listening to Noory. Even a subject that interests me like what Paulides brought to the table was ruined by what sounded like Noory sound-bites edited in with Paulides. It's like someone, not Noory, was sitting on a keyboard and snickering while pressing a key to say, "Jeez..." or "What are the ages of those involved?"

It sounded so forced, disjointed, coached, odd. If it were Noory's second broadcast ever then I'd say, "Good going!" It's not. It's not good going. It's horrible crap. I'll watch for Knapp and Schrader (though I just prefer his own show) but even there the subject matter is new age weirdness instead of something interesting.