• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Stream! (No longer in service)

Started by fromwomewhere outthere, October 01, 2011, 11:51:55 PM

Sardondi

Quote from: hitfan on February 25, 2013, 11:16:51 AM...I listened to Art Bell back in his heyday in the 1990s whenever I had trouble falling asleep (which was quite often)....
I have sleep problems as well, but having AB in my ears @ 4:00 a.m. is almost like being back to the days when a bedtime story would be read to me. Wonderfully comforting and relaxing to hear his voice, even if I'm not really listening as I drift.

coaster

I've probably asked this before, but I've been looking everywhere for this- Art once read his book "The Art of Talk", either during the show or made an audiobook, but I cant find it anywhere other than one version on youtube and the audio is horrible. Sounds like it was recorded from a radio. Does anyone know what I'm talking about, and if so, do you know where I could get a clear version of it?

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Sardondi on February 25, 2013, 03:54:21 PM
I have sleep problems as well, but having AB in my ears @ 4:00 a.m. is almost like being back to the days when a bedtime story would be read to me. Wonderfully comforting and relaxing to hear his voice, even if I'm not really listening as I drift.
Well said:-)

BobGrau

Quote from: coaster on February 25, 2013, 04:37:05 PM
I've probably asked this before, but I've been looking everywhere for this- Art once read his book "The Art of Talk", either during the show or made an audiobook, but I cant find it anywhere other than one version on youtube and the audio is horrible. Sounds like it was recorded from a radio. Does anyone know what I'm talking about, and if so, do you know where I could get a clear version of it?

I'd like to hear it too - only version I've heard cuts off during a story about an exploding whale.

MV/Liberace!

hey linden... where can i get the html5 player you're using at fineartstream.com?  i'm looking for a good player for people to hear my podcast stream at ufoship, and i'm having trouble finding something that works.

linden2k

Quote from: MV on February 28, 2013, 12:38:22 AM
hey linden... where can i get the html5 player you're using at fineartstream.com?  i'm looking for a good player for people to hear my podcast stream at ufoship, and i'm having trouble finding something that works.
We modded ours quite a bit, but you can find it @ http://www.jplayer.org .

linden2k

Quote from: coaster on February 25, 2013, 04:37:05 PM
Youtube it! It's there.

ziznak

can't you use snagit? and awesome link I'll be giving that a listen sometime soon.

coaster

Quote from: linden2k on February 28, 2013, 11:26:57 AM
Youtube it! It's there.
Thats the version with the weird audio. I thought I heard it on a stream. maybe it was before fineart. I dont know. Thanks anyway. I love the stream btw. You get me through some looong nights.

MV/Liberace!

i have the actual audiobook cassette version which i purchased on ebay a few years back.  i need a good tape player to dub it onto a pc, though... and i don't have one and am not willing to pay for one just to use in this one instance.  if anyone wants to send me a good tape player so we can get a good dub of this audiobook out there, let me know.

i've already dubbed one copy of this to mp3, and it's regularly played on all of the art bell streams now, but i fucked up and the last part of the audiobook is missing.  it just stops playing at some point... which sucks.

Falkie2013

Quote from: Usagi on February 21, 2013, 07:01:51 PM
I love Art.  On the stream, he was just speaking with Ian Punnett and they were talking about that "ancient computer" that was found in a shipwreck.  Art made a joke about his Commodore 64... but then muttered, totally under his breath, "actually, it was a VIC-20."

It was charming.  I laughed.  I miss Art.

When I used to manage a video store, the owner used a Vic 20 to do the graphics to show people news about new videos. Always amused the hell out of me since it was 1996 and things were way past a Vic 20.

Falkie2013

Quote from: highdesert on February 24, 2013, 08:26:08 AM
Well, absolutely. It was incredible radio.

Just hearing the JC stream right now... does anyone know where I could download files of JC's calls? Would be much appreciated.  :D

I found them about a six months ago somewhere.

If you have a Mac, you can use you tube to mp3 and take the audio of the calls off of you tube videos.

There are a lot of JC's rants on You Tube.

Don't hear him calling Snoory anymore. Maybe even JC got disgusted with Snoory.

Falkie2013

Quote from: jazmunda on February 24, 2013, 11:52:07 PM
I love the shows where she shouts something from the other room or just beyond the door to refute or correct something or a story that Art was relaying on the air.

And Art's battles to keep Comet the Cat out of his broadcast area. Though in one video/stream I've heard he actually let his beloved Abby Dos and another cat stay in there while he was on the air.

Who else did you ever hear who had to go to the hospital because a cat slashed his hand, or had to go again when he fell off his porch ?

Or had a wife who built a garden in desert sand by REMOVING the sand and who grew vegetables where vegetables normally didn't grow ?

And MADE it happen.

I only know of 3 broadcasters who broadcasted their shows from their homes.
Jim Eason of KGO who had to do it after he became ill with diverticulitis, Rush and Art.

But Art welcomed people into his studio to let them know what he was doing. It was charming.

And who had a live on air web cam probably long before Rush had his ...

Found this site. Apparently she has links to old AB shows. Haven't checked any of them out yet.

http://marielamurga.ifunnyblog.com/artbellpicture/

Lots of AB related posts on the site too.

linden2k

Quote from: MV on March 01, 2013, 01:53:26 PM
i have the actual audiobook cassette version which i purchased on ebay a few years back.  i need a good tape player to dub it onto a pc, though... and i don't have one and am not willing to pay for one just to use in this one instance.  if anyone wants to send me a good tape player so we can get a good dub of this audiobook out there, let me know.

i've already dubbed one copy of this to mp3, and it's regularly played on all of the art bell streams now, but i fucked up and the last part of the audiobook is missing.  it just stops playing at some point... which sucks.

Yeah, I play it and get hate mail every time.

Sardondi

G-to-G 2000 streaming now. So sweet. And Ross's booming voice to boot. Nothing better. Unless any ghosttoghosts prior to 1993 were ever found...

Falkie2013

I turned on Snoory tonight while I was in bed. I fell asleep in seconds, literally.

Never happened with Art.

In fact, even my radio went to sleep.

It keeps shutting off Coast every time Snoory is on.

;D

Snoory is my cure for insomnia.

Someone asked for an old ABGTG show.

Here's one. 10-30-1993.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vHiZY2nxzY

And here's Renee's channel on You Tube.

All Art Bell, all the time 24-7 for you. 8 videos on the first page alone.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ReneeFromLA2?feature=watch

And for those looking for Art Bell on you tube, here's the search result if you type in art bell just by itself.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=art+bell&oq=art+bell&gs_l=youtube.3..35i39l2j0l8.3543.7784.0.8632.10.9.1.0.0.0.219.995.6j2j1.9.0...0.0...1ac.1.27JicX1_a1U

analog kid

There was one of his daylight savings rants yesterday. Not the long one, but always enjoy how pissed he gets during the time change. The rant needs to be piped into the halls of congress 24/7.

dan7800

Quote from: Sardondi on November 04, 2012, 01:45:03 PM
Yes indeed thanks for the Ghost-to-Ghost streaming.

I thought it was interesting that I just caught the tail end of Art's April 25, 2004 interview of George Green, who seemed pretty loony about UFO theories. But the amazing thing, so different from George Noory, was that Art finally enough of the nonsense. The straw that broke the camel's back was that Green took off on the Illuminati somehow, and started telling a story about some party he supposedly was at with political figures including Ted Kennedy and Quebec's Prime Minister at the time, Pierre Trudeau. He accused Kennedy of vocally leering about Green's 14-year-old daughter, to Green himself, saying he wanted to go to bed with her (?!).

At that Art had enough. In a perfectly polite and professional way Art said, "I'm going to terminate the interview now, George. It's just too much and I can't buy one word of it." So off Green goes, and Art says to his audience, "Every time I'd ask a question, I'd get a non-answer, and he'd go off in a totally different way." Art then goes to Open Lines for the remainder of the time allotted for that interview.

What a revelation, and what a difference in hosting styles. Art was such a pro. There was a certain level of respect for him and his audience that Art demanded from his guests. So unlike The Doormat, George Noory.

I think a caller later said that the Green guy said the same things to Noory a few months prior. I bet George didn't give him the boot.

Falkie2013

Quote from: analog kid on March 04, 2013, 08:05:18 AM
There was one of his daylight savings rants yesterday. Not the long one, but always enjoy how pissed he gets during the time change. The rant needs to be piped into the halls of congress 24/7.

He probably gets so pissed off about the time change because he then gets confused about how many minutes to set the timer on his microwave for pizza rolls.

" Let's see now. Do I set it for the time it is now, the time it would have been or the time it will be in the fall ? "

then there's this one ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2c43UKDjS8

[attachment deleted by admin]

Canned Heat

I love this site and the fine art stream!

I found it and listened to most of ghost to ghost last night but fell aleep.  I love when I find people quoting from Art's old shows when I actually remember having listened to that particular show their referring to.  Bittersweet memories now.  I'll be trying to go out of body next time I listen, I know it works with GN because when I do I can still hear his blurts and utterings of meaningless inarticulate sounds.

Falkie2013

Quote from: MV on March 01, 2013, 01:53:26 PM

here's the link to amazon where a copy of the cassette version is on sale for $ 45.

www.amazon.com/Art-Talk-Bell/dp/1879706687/ref=sr_1_1_title_1_cas?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1362716600&sr=1-1&keywords=art+bell

Used 1-1 of 1 offers
Price + ShippingConditionSeller InformationBuying Options $45.00 + $3.99shipping   Used - Very Good   VERY RARE, case and cassettes in great shape! (gs46)   

Insanity

Currently playing is the earliest show i've heard yet. Dec 12 1992.
Audio kinda sucks though.

haha, they only had 3 lines, Local, Wildcard and First time callers. Brodcasting from KDWN( i thinks thats what I heard)studio's in Las Vegas.

linden2k

I wish we had a lot more of the pre-1995 shows. We've only got a couple and the quality is spotty at best.

jazmunda

Quote from: linden2k on March 10, 2013, 04:51:01 PM
I wish we had a lot more of the pre-1995 shows. We've only got a couple and the quality is spotty at best.

I wonder if any of these shows even exist in private collections or even  in official archives.

linden2k

Quote from: jazmunda on March 12, 2013, 05:25:37 PM
I wonder if any of these shows even exist in private collections or even  in official archives.
I know there are a few in the basement of the Alamo.

The General

Quote from: linden2k on March 13, 2013, 03:01:55 PM
I know there are a few in the basement of the Alamo.
Last I heard, they were moved to Area 51 by Car 54.

analog kid

Quote from: Falkie2013 on March 04, 2013, 03:06:14 PM

He probably gets so pissed off about the time change because he then gets confused about how many minutes to set the timer on his microwave for pizza rolls.

That was ye old Art Bell rant. George is probably usually too drunk to notice.

Falkie2013

Quote from: analog kid on March 13, 2013, 05:01:37 PM
That was ye old Art Bell rant. George is probably usually too drunk to notice.

Turds of misery ?

Doesn't that sum up the last 10 years of Snoory's career ?