• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No
Quote from: Zetaspeak on April 10, 2015, 11:17:24 AM
... right at the end of Wednesday show, Jorch mentioned that Tom gave him a talking GPS for his car as a Chrsitmas gift a couple of years ago. Which is normal, a lot of people have that. One issue, doesn't Noory consistently talk about paranoia thoughts of gummmerment tracking and privacy and how he's really concerned about it. Now he says he's got such an intrusive gadget like a GPS in his car, as a gift for a few years now...

Oh fer Xsake George.  You go from your home in Sherman Oaks to the office and back every day.  Once in awhile you go walk around the Queen Mary, docked at Long Beach, and clumsily hit on the staff.

On weekends you drive to the airport and either fly to a conference (posted on your website), to Colorado to do Bee On Bleef, or to Vegas.  You go to lunch, to dinner, to karaoke bars.  Sometimes you fly to St Louis, where it's more of the same

No one needs a GPS to track your movements.  But you'd like thuh lissners tuh think 'thuh Shadoh Govermunt' has you high on their list.  They don't

Lunger

Quote from: Paper*Boy on April 10, 2015, 11:38:03 AM
On weekends you drive to the airport and either fly to a conference (posted on your website), to Colorado to do Bee On Bleef, or to Vegas.  You go to lunch, to dinner, to karaoke bars.  Sometimes you fly to St Louis, where it's more of the same

He doesn't even have to go all the way to the airport.  He could just go to the FlyAway on Woodley.

Quote from: Zetaspeak on April 10, 2015, 11:17:24 AM
...Thirdly, I am surprised it wasn't mentioned here, right at the end of Wednesday show, Jorch mentioned that Tom gave him a talking GPS for his car as a Chrsitmas gift a couple of years ago. Which is normal, a lot of people have that. One issue, doesn't Noory consistently talk about paranoia thoughts of gummmerment tracking and privacy and how he's really concerned about it. Now he says he's got such an intrusive gadget like a GPS in his car, as a gift for a few years now! It just another example that Noory is so full of crap, everything he claims to be "worried" about on C2C, the other 20 hours of the day he laughs at the idiots who buy into what he's selling. To be honest I think most radio hosts are full of crap and don't really believe what they are saying. What's sad is that there's people at home listening to him who do think he's being "straight up" with his "concerns"

Yet, he still needed Tommy's help to find the hospital in L.A.. 

I did note that little exchange where he was using GPS as the one example he could think to describe technology as beneficial, when some caller told him she thought technology was leading to our doooooom.  He was waxing poetic about how a little voice knows exactly where to go, and it somehow even works if you change directions! or something like that.  I don't remember the wording but it was a little strange.  I personally noted this because the technology has been in common use for many years and Noory, who likes to lecture us on technology, only just seemed to be discovering it.

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on April 10, 2015, 12:47:51 PM
Yet, he still needed Tommy's help to find the hospital in L.A...

Well, his flapper thingy was burnt, so he couldn't interact with his GPS

136 or 142

Quote from: YNOT on April 10, 2015, 08:45:58 AM
No. he just fakes it well.

An old boss of mine had a term for people like him: An Articulate-Incompetent

This quote from the Yes, Minister book I believe applies here:
"From the "Editor's Note"
"A final word of thanks. We were most grateful to have had a few conversations with Sir Humphrey himself before the advancing years, without in any way impairing his verbal fluency, disengaged the operation of his mind from the content of his speech."

136 or 142

Quote from: paladin1991 on April 10, 2015, 09:44:31 AM
'They' smoked Bono for two reasons.  First was the long unsettled debt over making us hear 'I Got You Babe' for decades.  The other is because Bono was non-reptilian to this point, he hadn't undergone the whole blood exchange yet, and still had enough humanity left in him to grasp onto the danger to humanity.  He was going to go public and this story was just the tip of the iceberg.

I will ponder point 2.  It has the icy clarity of truth.  (And therefor is suspect in and of itself)

Hey! Lay off.  I like "I Got you Babe" especially the Cher version with Beavis and Butthead.

zeebo

Hoagie last nite "People hate when I namedrop .. but let me tell you, I was a great friend of Isaac Asimov and even got him and his wife to take a cruise that they enjoyed so much he wrote an article about it thanking me ...."  Wtf? 

Also, speaking of wtf, can anyone explain that "Data Head"?

Nick el Ass

Now that the site has been switched to a new server the nightly suck can be sent at lightning fast speed with no problems whatsoever, hehehe.

Juan Cena

Quote from: Paper*Boy on April 10, 2015, 11:38:03 AM
Oh fer Xsake George.  You go from your home in Sherman Oaks to the office and back every day.  Once in awhile you go walk around the Queen Mary, docked at Long Beach, and clumsily hit on the staff.

No one needs a GPS to track your movements.  But you'd like thuh lissners tuh think 'thuh Shadoh Govermunt' has you high on their list.  They don't

You forget that he stops every day at the gas station to get a turkee samich.

Juan Cena

Quote from: zeebo on April 10, 2015, 09:26:14 PM
Hoagie last nite "People hate when I namedrop .. but let me tell you, I was a great friend of Isaac Asimov and even got him and his wife to take a cruise that they enjoyed so much he wrote an article about it thanking me ...."  Wtf? 

Also, speaking of wtf, can anyone explain that "Data Head"?

Tasha Yar and Data did the wild thing in the second episode of ST:TNG.

zeebo

Quote from: Juan Cena on April 10, 2015, 09:52:28 PM
You forget that he stops every day at the gas station to get a turkee samich.

He's even got a custom GPS app which shows the exact location of the sammich bin inside the store.

Quote from: Juan Cena on April 10, 2015, 09:55:44 PM
Tasha Yar and Data did the wild thing in the second episode of ST:TNG.

That's one interpretation, but I think he meant the time they found Data's head on an archeological dig in a cave, and then got transported back in time to meet Mark Twain in the 1800s, at which point they became trapped in a cave and Data's head was blown off, only to be discovered by the crew hundreds of years later making the time loop complete.  They were then able to interpret a binary message in Data's head so they could return back in time and save themselves or somethin'.  Or maybe that was Bender in a Futurama episode when Fry became his own grandfather.  I might be mixing the two up.

Why was Hoagland talking about that again?

Nick el Ass

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on April 10, 2015, 10:08:27 PM
That's one interpretation, but I think he meant the time they found Data's head on an archeological dig in a cave, and then got transported back in time to meet Mark Twain in the 1800s, at which point they became trapped in a cave and Data's head was blown off, only to be discovered by the crew hundreds of years later making the time loop complete.  They were then able to interpret a binary message in Data's head so they could return back in time and save themselves or somethin'.  Or maybe that was Bender in a Futurama episode when Fry became his own grandfather.  I might be mixing the two up.

My question is did Hoaxland finally talk about the nukes on Mars that he was supposed to talk about the last time he was on Coast is Toast Am?

Quote from: Nick el Ass on April 10, 2015, 10:44:51 PM
My question is did Hoaxland finally talk about the nukes on Mars that he was supposed to talk about the last time he was on Coast is Toast Am?

Hoagland's moved on.  That was so last week.

Nick el Ass

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on April 10, 2015, 10:50:50 PM
Hoagland's moved on.  That was so last week.

Did he mention Judy Wood being a genius again?

zeebo

...Why was Hoagland talking about that again?

Data / C3P0 heads on Moon & Mars (check the c2c website).

Also in unrelated news, apparently another "19.5" connection, this time on Ceres. 

More importantly, Hoagie really seems to want to take George with him into space, so he does have redeeming qualities.

nextgen.fm

PLease tell me Goober is having a good night!

Quote from: zeebo on April 10, 2015, 11:22:42 PM

Also in unrelated news, apparently another "19.5" connection, this time on Ceres. 

More importantly, Hoagie really seems to want to take George with him into space, so he does have redeeming qualities.

If things go horribly wrong, Hoagie will have a source of fresh meat.  He's a very practical man.

ACE of CLUBS

"Don't 'Bogard' that joint my friend .......... pass it over to me ...... "   8)

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on April 10, 2015, 11:51:35 PM
"Don't 'Bogard' that joint my friend .......... pass it over to me ...... "   8)

Some people just don't understand science  ::).

Nick el Ass

Quote from: zeebo on April 10, 2015, 11:22:42 PM

They wouldn't have room for all those boxes of pizza rolls/turkey sammiches so Dave would be fucked.

PaulAtreides

Whitless Strieber has sunk to a new low.  Snoory is his guest - hawking a book.  Sad.

They talked about State of Jefferson this week and I find not one post about dry cleaning, Weezie, or "movin' on up".  Gang I'm disappointed in you.

136 or 142

Quote from: Northern Nights on April 11, 2015, 08:18:32 AM
They talked about State of Jefferson this week and I find not one post about dry cleaning, Weezie, or "movin' on up".  Gang I'm disappointed in you.

How about this?

I was the drummer for a band for awhile (I actually have no idea how to play the drums,I just did what a musically talented member of our band told me to do.) and we formed after Jefferson Starship became just Starship.

So we called ourselves Jefferson.

karios8

Every one of Jorch's "sexual" encounters:

Woman/Tommy: What do you want me to do, you bad boy?

Jorch: Just suck that mustache, baby.

albrecht

"I have been shaving since I've been in my twenties"- so says Norry in the commercial he does for ShaveSecret. 20's? Seems a little late to start shaving, particularly for someone with a Lebanese background.
-GNS

Quote from: albrecht on April 11, 2015, 02:58:15 PM
"I have been shaving since I've been in my twenties"- so says Norry in the commercial he does for ShaveSecret. 20's? Seems a little late to start shaving, particularly for someone with a Lebanese background.
-GNS

Yeah, why bother even saying it when people would otherwise assume it was since his teens.