• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

chefist

Quote from: ItsOver on November 10, 2016, 10:51:55 AM
I'm all in for The Land of Fruits and Nuts.  The Peoples Republic of Kalifornia can at least annex The State of Massholes, too.

I lived in San Diego for 3 years...loved it. However, it has changed a lot even from the 1990's. Remove defense dollars from CA, and their economy will collapse.

ItsOver

Quote from: starrmtn001 on November 10, 2016, 10:52:25 AM
I was born and raised in California.  It sickens me to see what has happened to my beautiful state. :'(
A gorgeous state.  The last time I was in San Francisco, it was truly sickening to see such a beautiful locale going down the crapper.

starrmtn001

This is so worth a re-post. ;D

300: Making America Great Again [Donald Trump Parody]

https://youtu.be/W7I92r9GqUw

chefist

Quote from: starrmtn001 on November 10, 2016, 10:52:25 AM
I was born and raised in California.  It sickens me to see what has happened to my beautiful state. :'(

I love visiting...riding up the coast from Santa Barbara to El Sur...amazing...

b_dubb

Say what you will about the Dems so far they've been good sports about handling their loss.  It can't be easy given the amount of crow they're chewing on.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: K_Dubb on November 10, 2016, 10:45:05 AM
That's an interesting point.  I only have my family to go by, but I get the impression there's a harder edge to it there.  Take race, for example:  my American redneck relatives might make casually racist comments watching some protest on tv but would treat any individual black man decently.  Can't say the same for the ones in Norway.

Exactly, I have the same experience with France. Relatives and friends on the right here are pretty moderate when compared to what I see over there.

WOTR

Quote from: VoteQuimby on November 10, 2016, 10:41:52 AM

Does she have to be investigated, prosecuted and convicted before we discuss a presidential pardon?

Come to think of it, does Trump not need to actually be president before concerning himself with a pardon- or can he start tomorrow?

ItsOver

Quote from: starrmtn001 on November 10, 2016, 10:56:51 AM

Ha!  Excellent.  "Freedom!"

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: norland2424 on November 10, 2016, 09:58:54 AM
its naive to think that he wont appoint atleast one career politician to his cabinet, we should be hoping he appoints the best possible people for these spots, regardless of political parties etc.

What's naive is thinking that those who are traditionally held up as the best people are actually the best people. Usually, they are not. I get that Gulliani and Gingrich will get cherry spots because they're part of his campaign but hopefully they're not ALL like that. Ron Paul for secretary of the treasury!  ;)

WOTR

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 10, 2016, 11:01:46 AM
Ron Paul for secretary of the treasury!  ;)
Something that we can all agree on.  :D

Too bad he was not elected a few years back... He was the best choice.

starrmtn001

Quote from: chefist on November 10, 2016, 10:56:59 AM
I love visiting...riding up the coast from Santa Barbara to El Sur...amazing...
Before my father passed (I was 5 years old then), we'd go up PCH 1 every summer to visit my grandma in Ukiah.

norland2424

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 10, 2016, 11:01:46 AM
What's naive is thinking that those who are traditionally held up as the best people are actually the best people. Usually, they are not. I get that Gulliani and Gingrich will get cherry spots because they're part of his campaign but hopefully they're not ALL like that. Ron Paul for secretary of the treasury!  ;)

as long as trump appoints hoagland as the head of NASA we will all be in good hands  :D

People actually believed Nate Silver over a mystical monkey...

starrmtn001

Quote from: b_dubb on November 10, 2016, 10:57:00 AM
Say what you will about the Dems so far they've been good sports about handling their loss.  It can't be easy given the amount of crow they're chewing on.
b_dubb!!!   So good to see you again. ;D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: WOTR on November 10, 2016, 11:03:34 AM
Something that we can all agree on.  :D

Too bad he was not elected a few years back... He was the best choice.

I bet there's lots more we agree on. I think from now on we have to stop thinking about political parties being able encompass all of one's thoughts and feelings on everything. They can't. I voted Republican strategically, because I thought it was what the country needs right now but I certainly don't believe in all things Republican. I'll still fight for the liberal values I believe in. This is a country founded by liberals, after all.  ;)

According to the Constitution, chosen electors of the Electoral College are the real people who will vote for president, when they meet on Dec. 19 in their respective state capitals.

However, there is nothing stopping any of the electors from refusing to support the candidate to whom they were bound or abstaining from voting.

There’s even a name for it: becoming a “faithless elector.”

http://nypost.com/2016/11/09/the-one-scenario-that-could-still-get-hillary-into-the-white-house/

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: norland2424 on November 10, 2016, 11:08:25 AM
as long as trump appoints hoagland as the head of NASA we will all be in good hands  :D

At least special scientific advisor to the president.  ;)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: VoteQuimby on November 10, 2016, 11:09:48 AM
People actually believed Nate Silver over a mystical monkey...

Now we know better!  :D

K_Dubb

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 10, 2016, 10:58:01 AM
Exactly, I have the same experience with France. Relatives and friends on the right here are pretty moderate when compared to what I see over there.

Yep, bunch of squint-eyed peasants obsessing over hanging on to their scrubby land by their fingernails like they have for generations.  I love the culture, but every time it reminds me why Grandpa signed over his birthright and left.  Thank God.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: mikuthing01 on November 10, 2016, 11:08:22 AM
Was this filmed in some kind of time warp where it's the 90's again?

Did Skid Row get back together?  ???

WOTR

Quote from: VoteQuimby on November 10, 2016, 11:12:16 AM
According to the Constitution, chosen electors of the Electoral College are the real people who will vote for president, when they meet on Dec. 19 in their respective state capitals.

However, there is nothing stopping any of the electors from refusing to support the candidate to whom they were bound or abstaining from voting.

http://nypost.com/2016/11/09/the-one-scenario-that-could-still-get-hillary-into-the-white-house/

Now for the question... Would THAT bring riots from the right?

starrmtn001

Sounds like the media spokeholes are doing their intros before the event.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: VoteQuimby on November 10, 2016, 11:12:16 AM

They're still trying!  ::) :D

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: ItsOver on November 10, 2016, 11:01:15 AM
Ha!  Excellent.  "Freedom!"

Played by an Aussie/American, about a Scot, filmed in Ireland...

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: WOTR on November 10, 2016, 11:16:31 AM
Now for the question... Would THAT bring riots from the right?

Of course it would.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: norland2424 on November 10, 2016, 11:08:25 AM

Isn't he already then?

b_dubb

Quote from: starrmtn001 on November 10, 2016, 10:56:51 AM

Trump supporters are riding a natural high right now. I remember Obama supporters were similarly euphoric after Obama won his first term.  I also remember thinking that really hard work was ahead. Turning the economy around was no small feat. Granted it was a jobless recovery for the first 6 years.  It's still a recovery. The company I work had several really rough years prior to 2009 but saw steady improvement since. This year has record year in our 30+ yr history. The recovery is real.

The Donald is going to have to acclimate to a completely different way of conducting himself.  He will have to attend meetings and keep his mouth shut about classified information.

It will be interesting to see where we are at in a year, two years, etc.  I hope he does well.  Because we are all on the line.

I had two competing sets of thought on election day; one was like what VQ said - that Americans are by nature rebellious Yankees who don't take kindly to a queen trying to be shoved down their throats, the other was that there are many institutions that indoctrinate the youth into liberalism (colleges, Hollywood, music industry, media, etc) and were heavily on her side.  I'm glad the rebellious Yankees won.