• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

Value Of Pi

Quote from: Ciardelo on February 05, 2016, 08:52:12 PM
Fucking 9 foot teddy bears. That shit annoys the hell out of me.
Quote from: whoozit on February 05, 2016, 08:53:50 PM
How does the mechanics of that work?  Seems like it would be exhausting.

Good one. :D

Value Of Pi

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on February 16, 2016, 09:44:32 PM
HASBRO changed the color of Baltic Avenue and Mediterranean Ave from dark purple to brown.

A complete dick move.

Dick move #2:

HASBRO changed the red "GO" to black.

These changes were made a while back.

But I cannot simply let go and act like it never happened.

HASBRO SUCKSBRO

Brown? Who wants a brown property? This was maybe the cheapest real estate on the board and now you won't be able to give it away. I guess a can of paint would fix it, but still.

Cars parallel parked on a fairly busy city street, there seems to be a new trend of people who just saunter out into traffic without looking, to unlock the driver side door and get in.    I don't think I ever noticed anyone not bothering to look before, probably encountered 4 or 5 over the last month or so.

Rix Gins

I'm on the no call phone list but lots of good that does.  Still get calls every now and then.  This morning's was a real doozy.  Wasn't able to answer the phone but a message was left by some jerk with a Jack Webb voice from Hell warning me to rectify things over the phone or else a full grand jury is going to start proceedings against me for some heinous Manson Family type of crime I must have committed.  I hope he calls me again so that I can blast this song back at him.

https://youtu.be/AvwHyVktbfk

GravitySucks

Quote from: Rix Gins on March 02, 2016, 05:11:30 PM
I'm on the no call phone list but lots of good that does.  Still get calls every now and then.  This morning's was a real doozy.  Wasn't able to answer the phone but a message was left by some jerk with a Jack Webb voice from Hell warning me to rectify things over the phone or else a full grand jury is going to start proceedings against me for some heinous Manson Family type of crime I must have committed.  I hope he calls me again so that I can blast this song back at him.

https://youtu.be/AvwHyVktbfk

Rumor has it that they are investigating copyright infringement on the 100 years ago thread.

I haven't been offered immunity yet, so I may be wrong.

Ciardelo

Quote from: GravitySucks on March 02, 2016, 06:24:30 PM
Rumor has it that they are investigating copyright infringement on the 100 years ago thread.

This is why we can't have nice things here on BellGab.  >:(

Rix Gins

I hope you are right.  I'm ready to become a ward of the state at any time.  Might get some quadruple bypass surgery courtesy of the public tit,,,and get my teeth all fixed up too.

pate

I hope this is one of those "in-jokes" that I am often on the outside of.  I like that thread.

If the rumors are true, I blame Jazmunda.

That guy's constant breaking of cool stuff is really annoying.

Rix Gins

Quote from: pate on March 04, 2016, 12:20:32 PM
I hope this is one of those "in-jokes" that I am often on the outside of.  I like that thread.

That's alright, pate. If the thread were to be dissolved tomorrow, well it was fun while it lasted, right?  But I really don't think there is a problem.  I have never talked with Jaz but he seems like an OK dude to me.  That phone call I received was from a known scammer and half the time he claims to be representing the IRS. I've got his (or the robo's) phone number and I'd very much like to shoot a phone 'virus' back at him, if such a thing were to exist.  The guy is practicing out and out imaginary blackmail, and he is the one who should be prosecuted.  Also, I must confess, I really don't need to have my teeth fixed. 

Quote from: Rix Gins on March 04, 2016, 03:53:16 PM
That's alright, pate. If the thread were to be dissolved tomorrow, well it was fun while it lasted, right?  But I really don't think there is a problem.  I have never talked with Jaz but he seems like an OK dude to me.  That phone call I received was from a known scammer and half the time he claims to be representing the IRS. I've got his (or the robo's) phone number and I'd very much like to shoot a phone 'virus' back at him, if such a thing were to exist.  The guy is practicing out and out imaginary blackmail, and he is the one who should be prosecuted.  Also, I must confess, I really don't need to have my teeth fixed.

I got one of those phony IRS calls a couple of months ago right after reading about them so I was prepared for the guy. I kept him tied up for about ten minutes by insisting that I didn't have to pay taxes because I'd put all my money in a Cayman Islands account on the advice of a guy who hosted a seminar I'd paid $50 to attend.  After awhile, the caller threatened me with the police and said they were on their way to my house. I told him they wouldn't find me because I wasn't home. He eventually got so frustrated he hung up on me.  The really funny thing was that it sounded like he was calling from a call center in India!

Rix Gins

LOL!  Right on, Robert.

albrecht

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on March 04, 2016, 04:07:56 PM
I got one of those phony IRS calls a couple of months ago right after reading about them so I was prepared for the guy. I kept him tied up for about ten minutes by insisting that I didn't have to pay taxes because I'd put all my money in a Cayman Islands account on the advice of a guy who hosted a seminar I'd paid $50 to attend.  After awhile, the caller threatened me with the police and said they were on their way to my house. I told him they wouldn't find me because I wasn't home. He eventually got so frustrated he hung up on me.  The really funny thing was that it sounded like he was calling from a call center in India!
Good work. I hate these calls and now with elections I will add the robo calls, push polls, and survey calls to the mix of hated calls. I guess people fall for the "problem with your computer" and "the IRS is coming to get you" but, to me, if I were trying to defraud people or run a scam I would hire people that can speak English, enunciate, and so on.

GravitySucks

Quote from: pate on March 04, 2016, 12:20:32 PM

I was trying to be funny. Sometimes things are funnier in my head.

pate

Quote from: GravitySucks on March 04, 2016, 05:30:06 PM
I was trying to be funny. Sometimes things are funnier in my head.

Ditto...  I still blame Jaz.

Gruntled

Quote from: Ciardelo on February 05, 2016, 08:52:12 PM
Fucking 9 foot teddy bears. That shit annoys the hell out of me.
I hear you.
We sell them seasonally where I work. They're about $180. 
It's just not right.

zeebo

Lately I've been getting into classic-style instrumental jazz.  Why can I not find any station that plays 100% instrumentals?  They always have to drop in one of those be-boppin' vocals like every fourth song.  It's like trying to buy a plain oatmeal cookie w/o friggin raisins.  I just want the damn oatmeal!

Dyna-X

Quote from: zeebo on March 06, 2016, 09:27:36 PM
Lately I've been getting into classic-style instrumental jazz.  Why can I not find any station that plays 100% instrumentals?  They always have to drop in one of those be-boppin' vocals like every fourth song.  It's like trying to buy a plain oatmeal cookie w/o friggin raisins.  I just want the damn oatmeal!

You're already a step ahead in finding a station with classical jazz as opposed to the "Smooth Jazz" that doubles as elevator and hold music. My advice is to build a collection of songs you like put them on a player that randomizes and make your own station ;)

My Gripe O' the Day goes against CCrane - their wireless WIFI3 turns out less receptive than the cheapie $20 USB rubber duck antenna I already had. That is the straight dope from real world performance.  The extra stray signals it can pick up mean nothing without additional abilities to communicate outside of line of sight. With the repeater system in use my internet performance was slightly better than dial-up - only 20 feet away with nothing inbetween except frickin' particle board.

3OctaveFart

Tim Allen.

As funny as a rectal wart.

albrecht

Great. Just great. I got this mass mailing coupon for a free burrito from Chipolte yesterday. I figured, against all advice from people I mentioned it too, that "they have to be the cleanest fast-food place out there now after the controversies so might as well get a free burrito for lunch." Then I see this tonight. I'm not in Boston, but still.
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2016/03/08/chipotle-norovirus-billerica-location-closed/

Rix Gins

This...  http://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/were-begging-you-stop-taking-selfies-with-wild-animals/ar-BBqlYNe?li=BBnbklE  And there was another article showing a lady dragging a swan out of the water for a pic.  It later died.

albrecht

Quote from: Rix Gins on March 09, 2016, 05:38:45 PM
This...  http://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/were-begging-you-stop-taking-selfies-with-wild-animals/ar-BBqlYNe?li=BBnbklE  And there was another article showing a lady dragging a swan out of the water for a pic.  It later died.
Swans can sometimes be mean but still. Was it in the UK? I think swans are under the protection of the Crown and so the offending person should've been prosecuted! I like when the animals get the upper-hand on the stupid, narcissistic tourist, but, of course, don't like when they (like bison or mountain goats) kill the person.

Rix Gins

Quote from: albrecht on March 09, 2016, 05:46:22 PM
Swans can sometimes be mean but still. Was it in the UK? I think swans are under the protection of the Crown and so the offending person should've been prosecuted! I like when the animals get the upper-hand on the stupid, narcissistic tourist, but, of course, don't like when they (like bison or mountain goats) kill the person.

Looks like it happened in Macedonia and thankfully not in the USA.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3480700/The-swan-died-photograph-Tourist-kills-bird-dragging-lake-just-pose-Macedonia.html

albrecht

Quote from: Rix Gins on March 09, 2016, 06:08:26 PM
Looks like it happened in Macedonia and thankfully not in the USA.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3480700/The-swan-died-photograph-Tourist-kills-bird-dragging-lake-just-pose-Macedonia.html
Darn, I saw the link and thought in Britain in which case the Crown could prosecute...then again in Macedonia who knows what their criminal justice system is like!

Hautex

Women need a reason.... men just need a place.... Women, please try to see it our way.... tried to see it your way, but damn, it's so complicated..... :o

pate

Quote from: zeebo on March 06, 2016, 09:27:36 PM

I hate overtalking slipping Disc Jockeys, but that's just local radio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbQMdHHqjPM

The DJs that talk with their "Jazz Hands" are much more listenable, Butt Still...  an-noying!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrfvqAvz5lg

Damn annoying.

albrecht

Schools let out early tomorrow, already crowded roads shut down, city employees encouraged to "telecommute," airport shut down for a period, and people in some areas have even been alerted by letters from the SS to not go out on their balconies or yards. Thanks, Obama. But I guess he will raise some more money and maybe have an opportunity to hit on a homosexual restaurant employee like his last visit.

Ciardelo

Quote from: albrecht on March 10, 2016, 10:55:11 AM
Schools let out early tomorrow, already crowded roads shut down, city employees encouraged to "telecommute," airport shut down for a period, and people in some areas have even been alerted by letters from the SS to not go out on their balconies or yards. Thanks, Obama. But I guess he will raise some more money and maybe have an opportunity to hit on a homosexual restaurant employee like his last visit.
Bruce Williams put forth a few years ago it would be far cheaper, more secure and easier for the POTUS to have his constitutes flown in to some sort of conference center in Washington than trying to get around to visiting cities.  But that idea will never get any traction. He brought it up in the context of cities getting so-called "Bush-whacked" when he would come to visit.

Politicians like all the hoopla I think.  :)

Juan

Quote from: Ciardelo on March 10, 2016, 11:58:44 AM
Politicians like all the hoopla I think.  :)
Politicians are inconvenienced by few, if any, of their actions.

albrecht

Yeah, I think Obama and other politicians like to do this stuff just to rub our noses in it. They often are clueless about how their actions effect people but in some cases I think they are aware and take some pleasure in the disruption. I wonder also what the real law is? Can the SS or Federal government really force a person to not go out on their own balcony?
http://www.wsaz.com/content/news/Anonymous-tip-claims-raw-milk-caused-illnesses-at-Capitol-371487251.html
Politicians celebrate the legalization of raw milk by drinking raw milk. Coincidentally comes down with a stomach flu.