• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Roswells, Art

Quote from: nooryisawesome on April 02, 2015, 07:05:33 AM
what's with all the book chapter length post lately. Sometimes less is more.

tl;dr

Skunk Ape

Quote from: Roswells, Art on April 02, 2015, 11:11:23 AM
tl;dr

Same here. Just skipped through that until I got back to the one-and-two-line replies. Now I feel safe.

DesertFox

Quote from: Skunk Ape on April 02, 2015, 11:15:36 AM
Same here. Just skipped through that until I got back to the one-and-two-line replies. Now I feel safe.

Some people just like to preach, lecture, judge and pontificate--and the more words the better!

Roswells, Art

I read it all, I found it interesting but I'll read anything.  Even Sports Illustrated if it is sitting in front of me and I hate anything above community sports.

morgana213

Quote from: Marc.Knight on April 01, 2015, 02:25:31 PM
Excellent suggestion - and would make a wonderful show.  In my opinion "belief should follow evidence" is a principle that can be based on conjecture or experience.  In effect, the principle is stating that belief should be based on evidence, and with an absence of evidence there should be no belief.  Another way of looking at this is to say that there can be deductive theories based on conjecture (that beg to be proven or disproven) and inductive theories derived from evidence that beg to be reproduced.  Belief itself can hold meaning in the realm of conjecture, or not based on sense-derived knowledge.  "I believe that I had a thought" is nearly impossible to prove by evidence other than my own subjective awareness that I did, indeed, experience a thought.  "I believe that I own a Jeep" is beyond conjecture and is provable by providing various types of applicable evidence.  Therefore, context is important, such that "belief" as a concept may be detached from what we conceive as "the world" or, deeply derived from it.  One's "precept" attributed to the contextualization of belief will determine the level of sensible, conceptual evidence required, and whether "belief should follow evidence" in this instance.
Oh goodness, the exuberance of your verbosity is highly exhilarating, but your chromatical prognostications are too copious for my diminutive comprehension.  Robots are hot!....except for that terminator guy.

Art Bell

Marc, you should be the President's Press Scecretary, you could explain the Iran Nuke deal in detail.

Art

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Art Bell on April 02, 2015, 01:19:45 PM
Marc, you should be the President's Press Scecretary, you could explain the Iran Nuke deal in detail.

Art

I would like to volunteer to act out his speech in mime.

SaucyRossy

Art

The president is making a nuke deal with Iran!?!?! Man, I should probably catch up on the news.

VegasI15

Art

He would be good at that.  A lot better than what's in the White House now.  However Trump would sum up the deal by saying "It's a bad deal."

Marc.Knight

Quote from: VegasI15 on April 02, 2015, 01:46:12 PM
He would be good at that.  A lot better than what's in the White House now.  However Trump would sum up the deal by saying "It's a bad deal."

Or, Chris Christie would say, F**k That!

Marc.Knight

Art

Therein is the catch.  Detail is exactly what they do not want articulated.  Look at the dim bulbs they have as spokespersons for the State Department. 

DesertFox

I'm getting the Neville Chamberlain vibe from our recent foreign policy.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: DesertFox on April 02, 2015, 01:56:46 PM
I'm getting the Neville Chamberlain vibe from our recent foreign policy.

It seems that the US Administration's Iran policy and nuke agreement is providing the opposite of what is intended.  It has encouraged Saudi Arabia and other neighboring countries to go around the US and accelerate their own nuclear programs, as well as beef up their conventional warfare abilities. 

DesertFox

Quote from: Marc.Knight on April 02, 2015, 02:01:12 PM
It seems that the US Administration's Iran policy and nuke agreement is providing the opposite of what is intended.  It has encouraged Saudi Arabia and other neighboring countries to go around the US and accelerate their own nuclear programs, as well as beef up their conventional warfare abilities.

Yes bending over backwards for Shiites in Iran are getting the Sunnis mistrustful of the US and they are going on their own to protect their interests.  And then throw in that we got bad options on the two sides of Iran/Iraq v. ISIS as we let Iran take the lead v. ISIS while we again lead from behind.  Just a mess.

Zenman

Quote from: Surmo on April 02, 2015, 07:18:03 AM
A random gibberish generator? That would be Dave Snoory!

LOL

Pale Horse

Quote from: Marc.Knight on April 02, 2015, 06:09:56 AM
Apologies to Art Bell and to others for messing up this thread with big words, meaningless concepts, and intentional obfuscation.  I didn't want to take the thread off its rails... back to Art Bell stuff.

Apology NOT accepted without requisite dick-joke or similar quip.

dan7800

Art, now that you are here among friends maybe you can answer this...

Is Joe Biden JC?

Pale Horse

Quote from: ge30542 on April 02, 2015, 07:57:21 AM
     now if you people can just weave your truths into well-placed dick jokes...

There was a young woman from Dallas.......

Who used a dynamite stick as a phallus......

They found her vagina in North Carolina, her asshole in Buckingham Palace
Yay!  :D :D :D :D

Art Bell

Quote from: dan7800 on April 02, 2015, 03:59:00 PM
Art, now that you are here among friends maybe you can answer this...

Is Joe Biden JC?

Well both are inclined torward making a gaff.

I am just sitting around waiting for a Contract which will most likely upset me further if it ever gets here. I have never been a drinker, perhaps I should start.

Art

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Art Bell on April 02, 2015, 04:09:52 PM

I am just sitting around waiting for a Contract which will most likely upset me further if it ever gets here. I have never been a drinker, perhaps I should start.

Art

Hehe, that will definitely kill some time.  I'm looking forward to your first drunken post.

sydtron

And cue the parade of drink suggestions.  Lol

I dont usually mix.  Straight whiskey or tequilla.  I do however enjoy a nice Gin & Cranberry juice.

albrecht

Not being much of a drinker I suggest you start off full-bore! Nothing under 100 proof and, due to hangovers, the clearer the liquid the less and use no mixers. (Just be aware, Art, cigarettes and open-flames don't mix well with higher-proof libations!)

dan7800

Art

I know it is frustrating, it is for us all. Things WILL work out, and even if it takes a bit more time, then so be it. You cannot do anything until July when your NC ends, and then it is up to YOU what to do. Some options are better than others, but it will all work out in the end.

We've waited so long for you to return, a bit more waiting won't kill us.

I started listen to your show in 10th grade working on computer projects and learning about Windows 95/98. It got me through many late night projects. I now have a PhD in Computer Science and your old shows get me through late night research. Like many here, I've been with you for the long haul and can wait a bit further for your return. Good things take time & I/we can wait. If it is another setback, then so be it. We will figure out a way around it.

Zenman

Art

Art:

http://www.freenew.net/iphone/kill-all-the-lawyers/609791.htm

Squash the older, slower moving ones first.

trust_no_one

Quote from: dan7800 on April 02, 2015, 04:43:31 PM
I know it is frustrating, it is for us all. Things WILL work out, and even if it takes a bit more time, then so be it. You cannot do anything until July when your NC ends, and then it is up to YOU what to do. Some options are better than others, but it will all work out in the end.

We've waited so long for you to return, a bit more waiting won't kill us.

I started listen to your show in 10th grade working on computer projects and learning about Windows 95/98. It got me through many late night projects. I now have a PhD in Computer Science and your old shows get me through late night research. Like many here, I've been with you for the long haul and can wait a bit further for your return. Good things take time & I/we can wait. If it is another setback, then so be it. We will figure out a way around it.

Nicely said, dan7800 !!!

This will work out and those of us who are waiting have been patient.  We can wait a bit longer.  Quality will make it worth it.

albrecht

Quote from: Zenman on April 02, 2015, 04:44:38 PM
Art:

http://www.freenew.net/iphone/kill-all-the-lawyers/609791.htm

Squash the older, slower moving ones first.
You know the Shakespeare Henry VI's "kill all the lawyers" line was uttered by the criminal who thought his master could become king and Shakespeare was actually praising the idea of lawyers and justice, right?

Having said that the "art" and practice of law has often become an self-serving abomination in this country but, having said that, you are happy to have one if you are ever involved in a business dispute, divorce, land-deal gone wrong, or worse accused of a crime!

Be patient Art, we all can't wait to have you back!!!

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Marc.Knight on April 02, 2015, 06:09:56 AM
Apologies to Art Bell and to others for messing up this thread with big words, meaningless concepts, and intentional obfuscation.  I didn't want to take the thread off its rails... back to Art Bell stuff.

Hey no worries. I look at this thread as also entertainment for Art. I'm sure Art appreciates our efforts.

IcicleTrepan

Something to lighten the mood in here :)

http://i.imgur.com/renxCcu.gifv