• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Ever since I heard some those super cool old Long John Nebel clips that a beautiful individual posted on here and heard RCH ripped off the opening of LJN's show, I just don't know if I'll ever be able to love or trust again.

Quote from: VoteQuimby on January 17, 2016, 06:35:51 PM
Ever since I heard some those super cool old Long John Nebel clips that a beautiful individual posted on here and heard RCH ripped off the opening of LJN's show, I just know if I'll ever be able to love or trust again.

lol  thank you   that was me   i'm a big fan of long john  -
i made a long john nebel thread and posted some videos   --the crank caller one is pretty wacky

ItsOver

Quote from: norland2424 on January 17, 2016, 06:14:19 PM
I miss the old days of art not being a drama queen, people complaining about the guest and saying noory sucked  :-\
Welcome to Bizarro Bell World.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: chefist on January 17, 2016, 06:28:53 PM
Any idea which?

He hasn't said. He's just been dropping the possibility.

boxman

Quote from: Cynnie on January 17, 2016, 05:19:55 PM
Criticizing is not crucifying .
People on this forum have been horrible , and there's no reason for it ,
If art were dead I would still hope there was a place at I could talk about him and the shows .
If I wanted to bitch about him I wouldn't even bother with this site
Did you even read his posts?? When a large MAJORITY of this forum still defended him he still blamed the entire forum and called it a cesspool of shit because of a few trolls.
This is the same people who spent alot of time and resources to help get his show going.

And if you paid attention to last times he quit you would see he does not care shit about you. The only time he bothers interacting with his fans is either when defending himself like now or when he wants to start up a new show. Last times he quit he completely hid in a cave and only came out when he wanted to beg people here for help getting his show going.
Why the fuck would you defend this kind of behaviour??

chefist

I learned, from BellGab, that the idols are more fucked than the idolaters!

Quote from: Showroom Dummy on January 17, 2016, 06:39:54 PM
lol  thank you   that was me   i'm a big fan of long john  -
i made a long john nebel thread and posted some videos   --the crank caller one is pretty wacky

Dude you're the best! Thank you for posting those! I'm a HUGE fan of alternative radio and I love the retro stuff. I've always heard of Long John but that was the first time I got to listen to a complete episode. I appreciate it immensely.

trostol

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: chefist on January 17, 2016, 06:41:13 PM
I learned, from BellGab, that the idols are more fucked than the idolaters!

Bellgab taught me what goatsie is. Pray for goatsie.

norland2424

Quote from: trostol on January 17, 2016, 06:42:23 PM
yup thats it..WOR

Its still a iheart station that carries c2cam tho lol

trostol

Quote from: norland2424 on January 17, 2016, 06:43:45 PM
Its still a iheart station that carries c2cam tho lol

indeed..but that was the one lol

Quote from: VtaGeezer on January 17, 2016, 06:24:04 PM
Jeez...I drop by for the first time in months, unwilling to participate in the orgy of the Bell fanboys after The Announcement, and learn that Genius Radio Host Art Bell has once again been done in by Sharp Businessman Art Bell. Anyone with more than a fleeting history as a Bell listener should have known how this would end. The only thing surprising was the blinding speed this time.  This poor man needs a legal guardian.

Yeah the stalker, like God, if he didn't exist would need to be invented.

Even knowing that Art would bow out early I didn't immediately grok what the stalker was for.  Just figured it was some showmanship on Arts part.  Like his wife got angry about something and started making enough ruckus that the audience might hear it, and thus the stalker was born.

I'm not saying that's what happened of course.  But at least he had a really good excuse for jumping ship this time, and nobody criticized him

;D

boxman

Quote from: Cynnie on January 17, 2016, 05:31:07 PM
Oh my god , you whining pussies .
Art loves doing broadcasting , if it was just a stalker who was tagging his damn garage he would still be on, the stalker has a gun and uses it .
I bitched as much as anyone when he left the show every show he ever left. But I'm a fucking fan good or bad
So that is why he sounded cranky and tired most of the time during the show?? Several people here noticed it and we have all heard it before every single other time he was about to retire.
He might have gone into this show with good intentions, but it was obvious already during first month that he was not that happy doing it. He even brought up himself how hard it was to do.

norland2424

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on January 17, 2016, 06:42:54 PM

Im still pissed that arts guest for his last full show was that hubrid bastard.

ge30542

Mr. Bell, for your own peace of mind, stop reading this, or any other forum posts. It obviously angers/hurts you.
Finish implementing the security measures which you say are not yet implemented. Weigh your options, weigh the risks, return, or don't return. I'm not a long timer here, (although MV indicated the other night that I'm being considered for turbo),
I wasn't here for the Sirius disaster, and speaking for only myself, I've grown weary of your carrots and your sticks.
We'll never realize the glory days of the mid nineties, but you are still entertaining.
Fish, or cut bait, Sir.

Dateline

Do pray people!  You want a new name for the forum that touches us all.  It is GoatsieGabcom.

boxman

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 17, 2016, 06:02:37 PM
You could tell she was just trying to recall from memory to answer a caller.
It is not the first time she left out that part. Stop being so damn naive

Lilith

Quote from: chefist on January 17, 2016, 06:17:38 PM
I also remember a post by Art saying he disliked "ass kissers"...

I do too.  He also said this:
And I quote ...

Quote from: Art Bell on September 12, 2015, 07:48:26 PM
I don't mind people being critical, I will say however that Bell Gab is far more critical then compared to other places or email I have received but it is the nature of this board, that has always just been a fact of life here. As somebody said I am a big boy and can take it, don't worry.

My leaving Sirius/XM had nothing to do with critical comments at all, it was a lack of dependable streaming, very poor connections and a lack of caring about Piracy along with a lot of other stuff. I love the set up I have now, no complaints. I think we are doing fine and I will continue to experiment with stuff that seems fun. Not all of it works, the World has changed and I thought it very interesting that I found a well spoken Athiest but could not find a worthy opponent.

If at some point I do decide to stop it would be because I don't get enough time with my Family, we are of course on opposite time clocks and I do miss the time with them but for now it's ok.

Feel free to hack at me as you wish, I can handle it.

Art

chefist

Lol and that too!

trostol

Quote from: ge30542 on January 17, 2016, 06:47:43 PM
Mr. Bell, for your own peace of mind, stop reading this, or any other forum posts. It obviously angers/hurts you.
Finish implementing the security measures which you say are not yet implemented. Weigh your options, weigh the risks, return, or don't return. I'm not a long timer here, (although MV indicated the other night that I'm being considered for turbo),
I wasn't here for the Sirius disaster, and speaking for only myself, I've grown weary of your carrots and your sticks.
We'll never realize the glory days of the mid nineties, but you are still entertaining.
Fish, or cut bait, Sir.

+1

Quote from: VoteQuimby on January 17, 2016, 06:41:48 PM
Dude you're the best! Thank you for posting those! I'm a HUGE fan of alternative radio and I love the retro stuff. I've always heard of Long John but that was the first time I got to listen to a complete episode. I appreciate it immensely.

i was lucky to grow up listening to last years of LJN
i adored the whole ufo/ect  type radio   he was on WOR and would broadcast  1 am to 5
it was when he died   candy jones took over  --at the same time of LJN there was
Barry Farber
an American conservative radio talk show host, author and language-learning enthusiast. In 2002, industry publication Talkers magazine ranked him the 9th greatest radio talk show host of all time
Begun in 1960, his first talk show was called "Barry Farber’s WINS Open Mike". It was the only talk show on what was then a rock n’ roll station. He left that job for an evening talk show on WOR AM in 1962, and then became an all-night host in 1967.[11] In 1970 he ran for Congress in New York City's 19th district on the Republican ticket, but was defeated by Bella Abzug. Farber left his talk-radio career for a time in 1977 to delve into politics, running for mayor of New York City, but was defeated.

ItsOver

Heh.  How far we've come.  ???

GravitySucks

Quote from: norland2424 on January 17, 2016, 06:46:47 PM
Im still pissed that arts guest for his last full show was that hubrid bastard.
+1 zillion

Nice to see you around brig.  ;D

Quote from: ge30542 on January 17, 2016, 06:47:43 PM
Your powers of persuasion are impressive.  2 minutes after you posted this, he logged off.

Danger!UFO

Quote from: VoteQuimby on January 17, 2016, 06:38:40 PM
Ever since I heard some those super cool old Long John Nebel clips that a beautiful individual posted on here and heard RCH ripped off the opening of LJN's show, I just don't know if I'll ever be able to love or trust again.

No. Not a rip-off.

RCH using that theme is a tribute to LJN. Hoagland is a fan. Hoagland's show has the same feel.

Lilith

Quote from: VoteQuimby on January 17, 2016, 06:54:54 PM
Nice to see you around brig.  ;D

I'm here and reading to keep up VoteQuimby..I'm not going anywhere.  Just keeping my horrible, hurtful negativity to myself for the time being.

Praise MV!

Danger!UFO

Quote from: brig on January 17, 2016, 06:50:10 PM
I do too.  He also said this:
And I quote ...

Feel free to hack at me as you wish, I can handle it.

Art

Yes, but he said nothing about his family (including Heather)