• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

Quote from: HorrorRetro on November 03, 2013, 07:04:45 AM
I swear to God I'm tempted to get a small cattle prod and start poking these bitches in the ass the next time I run into a group like them.

This sounds like something to pitch at Shark Tank. A miniature consumer prod that gives far less of a jolt than a stun gun, but at least twice the strength of shocking novelty items like pens, cigarette lighters, and books.

Next up, an LCD digital clock that runs off of a couch potato.

bateman

Cold butter. How am I supposed to spread this? What am I, an animal?

bateman

Brooklyn. I have no desire to drink my cocktails out of mason jars, and no, I do not want to hear the gluten free specials, Caleb. I'm done with the hipster phase of my life.

Juan

Whinging Florida Gator fans after a loss.

area51drone

Quote from: bateman on November 04, 2013, 02:29:02 PM

Yes.

Being corrected by people because I don't include the one cent sucker discount when talking about the price of something:

"Thirty bucks is a good deal."

"No, it's twenty-nine ninety-nine."

I'm not trying to balance my Excel oil royalties spread sheet so I can be sure to accurately pay that thirty-two cents state tax to the State of New Mexico.

I'm trying to have a human conversation. And you're making it difficult.

jazmunda

Taking out a subscription for pay radio based on one particular broadcaster only for him to quit leaving you holding the baby.

Too soon?

b_dubb

Quote from: jazmunda on November 05, 2013, 05:06:22 AM
Taking out a subscription for pay radio based on one particular broadcaster only for him to quit leaving you holding the baby.

Too soon?
Right there with you. I don't blame Sirius XM. Adding enough server capacity to stream ONE show would've been a costly pain in the ass. 

Art belongs on radio. Belonged. Idk

MrMajestik

People who are too stupid to understand what a non-compete clause is.

Sardondi

Quote from: MrMajestik on November 05, 2013, 02:40:21 PMPeople who are too stupid to understand what a non-compete clause is.
You mean Art?

SaucyRossy

Quote from: bateman on November 04, 2013, 02:35:49 PM
Brooklyn. I have no desire to drink my cocktails out of mason jars, and no, I do not want to hear the gluten free specials, Caleb. I'm done with the hipster phase of my life.

Yeah it's nice getting over the hipster phase.

SaucyRossy

This whole fucking scenario pisses me off.

I'm trying my best to not be emotional but WTF. this all seems surreal.

Chine

Quote from: SaucyRossy on November 05, 2013, 05:58:53 PM
Yeah it's nice getting over the hipster phase.

Haha. Getting over hipster phase? At what age?  I eat gluten free and was never hipster, even while a New Yorker. I eat gluten free for health and not be bloated like a Macy's balloon and cranky from gmo crap. But, yeah it's a fad for many.

UrbanFool

Quote from: bateman on November 04, 2013, 02:29:02 PM
One of those "life hacks" was to grate the butter with a cheese grater. This does not work --it still sucks.

UrbanFool

Quote from: Sardondi on November 05, 2013, 03:43:23 PM
You mean Art?

I don't know for a fact, but I'd guess everyone who thinks Art is going to just pop back up on the air.

UrbanFool

I actually came here to complain about that precise moment when not one more thing can be crammed under your bathroom sink.

Usagi

Quote from: Chine on November 05, 2013, 06:12:11 PM
and cranky from gmo crap.

I'm here to complain that Initiative 522, GMO labelling, failed in Washington yesterday.  :(

UrbanFool

Y'know, I was rabidly for GMO labeling here in CA and it failed too. :(

But in retrospect, the way the government is creeping into every miniscule aspect of our lives, I'm thinking now that another level of government BS on our food is probably not a great idea. Support your local farmers!

eddie dean

I am here to complain about all the new complainers.
Where did they all come from?
Get off my lawn you damn whippersnappers! (recycled jokes are also something to complain about)

Sardondi

Quote from: eddie dean on November 06, 2013, 01:57:12 PM
Get off my lawn you damn whippersnappers! (recycled jokes are also something to complain about)
See? It happens to everybody. Heh.

UrbanFool

Quote from: jazmunda on November 03, 2013, 07:35:31 AM
When I was squatting in your country I was guilty of that mainly because I didn't know that you could. Sorry. Whoopsies.

Is it still illegal in Oregon to make a right on red? If it is... my brother ignores it regularly.

Chine

Quote from: eddie dean on November 06, 2013, 01:57:12 PM

Love that you used the word 'whippersnapper'. Heh. Remember Cheri Oteri's (sp...gah) SNL character of the cranky porch lady yelling at kids? Just reminded of her reading your post.

Eddie Coyle

A lot of sheltered sissies seem to cover the NFL.

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 06, 2013, 09:57:34 PM

A lot of sheltered sissies seem to cover the NFL.

My uncle is an NFL scout and he says the same thing all the time. The media has put much more emphasis into draft coverage and many of these sheltered sissies are also instant "scouting and player development experts".

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on November 06, 2013, 11:09:09 PM
My uncle is an NFL scout and he says the same thing all the time. The media has put much more emphasis into draft coverage and many of these sheltered sissies are also instant "scouting and player development experts".

Will McDonough grew up with my older uncles, and he'd be horrified by what ESPN has wrought. Adam Schefter would make him puke.

jazmunda

Big bowls of disappointment that could be dished up at any moment.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: jazmunda on November 07, 2013, 12:27:55 AM
Big bowls of disappointment that could be dished up at any moment.

An all you can eat feast!

1) How quickly things break or wear out.

2) If I say something about it, some wise ass always says, "Just buy a new one. It's only money."

I'm all out of free love, so I'm certainly all out of free money. 

3) If it's a cheap thing, I'm still out of patience from having to hunt something down to repurchase because a damn plastic pressure clip or nub snapped off of some kind of battery cover or case etc.

People around here in SC don't seem to know they can turn right on red and when they do make a turn they turn into the left side of the lane or turn from inside to outside on a double turn lane.