• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The BellGab "New Member" Meet and Greet!

Started by GodsEqual, September 24, 2008, 02:13:23 AM

cweb

Quote from: onan on December 19, 2013, 02:11:05 PM
Welcome. You got any crazy? We are always looking for more crazy.

I'm not "Nordic Martian midgets rule the tapioca industry" crazy, but I do enjoy moments of casual silliness from time to time.

Like a drunken debate with oneself over just how much subwoofer one would need to play back John B. Wells' voice in super-slow motion in order to shatter glass and/or bring a female to climax.

aldousburbank

Quote from: cweb on December 20, 2013, 01:58:12 PM
I'm not "Nordic Martian midgets rule the tapioca industry" crazy, but I do enjoy moments of casual silliness from time to time.

Like a drunken debate with oneself over just how much subwoofer one would need to play back John B. Wells' voice in super-slow motion in order to shatter glass and/or bring a female to climax.
A female what?

onan

indoor or outdoor sound system?

zeebo

I'm not "Nordic Martian midgets rule the tapioca industry" crazy...

Oh sure, that's just what those tapioca disinformation agents want you to believe.  That's ok, spend some more time here and you'll get the real story.

maureen

lol...love your brand of Silly!!! welcome

Ms. C

Quote from: Tommy TwoTons on December 09, 2013, 11:06:30 PM
.........  (...yeah, save me a seat on the Express Bus to Hades.  I'm a female with a 12-yr-old boy's sense of humor, heh.)

Oh yes .... I often refer to myself as 'a woman of age going on 13'   --  I also must admit that I find myself having a teenage boy's sense of humor, often with a big ROTFLMAO when I read some remarks on here!

quote author=maureen link=topic=600.msg218585#msg218585 date=1387647484]
[/quote]

Oh yeah -- I agree 100% ... love that brand of Silly!

Welcome welcome welcome ....  ;D  ::)  :o  8)

cweb

slippingaway

New Bellgabber HERE! I'm happy to be aboard!

I started listening to Coast when I was 13, and I'm 29 now, so that dates me back to '96 or '97, riding the airwaves with the magnificent Mr. Bell.  What a long, strange trip it's been, too... I consider myself to be raised on this media, so to say that I know these topics is engrained. It's my secondary education, afterall.  I'm a product of Coast and Dreamland, and I remember my first Art Bell book very well, The Quickening: Today's Trends, Tomorrow's Future.  Looking back at that wonderful publication now, it reads to be pretty spot on.

I joined here because it's the only site that looked like it had any sort of reliable intel or news about Mr. Bell.  I feel it's important because I consider myself part of that elite force that sees Art being off-air as an injustice, not only to this community, but to the world community at large.

To describe myself to the community, I would say that I've been very blessed to see enough of the weird things that go bump in the night. I don't know if it's because I was seeking such things, or if those things sought me out.  Being a long-time Coastee, it could be that my open mind led to this, OR, it could be that discovering Coast led me to an acute understanding of what I've experienced in my life early on.

Art: If I could tell you one thing in your quest, it would be to share a Gandhi quote: "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."

nbirnes

Quote from: Ms. C on December 21, 2013, 12:22:50 PM

Oh yes .... I often refer to myself as 'a woman of age going on 13'   --  I also must admit that I find myself having a teenage boy's sense of humor, often with a big ROTFLMAO when I read some remarks on here!

quote author=maureen link=topic=600.msg218585#msg218585 date=1387647484]

Oh yeah -- I agree 100% ... love that brand of Silly!

Welcome welcome welcome ....  ;D  ::)  :o  8)

Especially, welcome to the ladies with a sense of humor. Newish female member here, manning the welcome wagon, with presents just for the wimmins. Earplugs and batteries! Only use in dire emergencies.

zeebo

Quote from: slippingaway on December 22, 2013, 11:11:58 AM
New Bellgabber HERE! I'm happy to be aboard!
I feel it's important because I consider myself part of that elite force that sees Art being off-air as an injustice, not only to this community, but to the world community at large.

Helllo and welcome.  You are not alone in feeling the injustice of the situation.  I know Art is one-of-a-kind, but you may want to check out the Gen. Talk Radio forum for some alternative options. 

slippingaway

Quote from: zeebo on December 22, 2013, 04:23:31 PM
Helllo and welcome.  You are not alone in feeling the injustice of the situation.  I know Art is one-of-a-kind, but you may want to check out the Gen. Talk Radio forum for some alternative options.
I know, especially here, I am not alone in my assertions.  I have discovered a few great shows.  I wish Noory would retire and that John B. would step into the roles of full time Coast.  Nothing against Coast, just Premiere.  I enjoy George, George, and John, but Noory doesn't cut deep in his interviews, and Gnapp though good should be spelled Nap.  I was grateful the day Punnett retired, as his agenda wasn't aligned with the Coast community.

Then came Dark Matter.  Then went Dark Matter.  :(

I especially like Steve Warner's Dark Weekend show.  Between that, John Wells, and Whitley's Dreamland broadcasts, I'll squeak by until Art returns in one form or another

gringomisio

Hello All, new member as well.  I discovered the site after searching for some derogatory terms about the current C2C host and found this forum.  I live in South America and always enjoy listening to paranormal shows when working and to get my English fix as I miss it sometimes.  My favorite one's right now are Dark Weekend and Darkness Radio.

bateman

Quote from: gringomisio on January 21, 2014, 04:23:19 PM
I discovered the site after searching for some derogatory terms about the current C2C host and found this forum.

Hahahaha, very polite way to put it.

My favorite one's right now are Dark Weekend and Darkness Radio.

THANK YOU SIR. I like Dave Schrader myself.

Hello All, new member as well.  I discovered the site after searching for some derogatory terms about the current C2C host and found this forum.  I live in South America and always enjoy listening to paranormal shows when working and to get my English fix as I miss it sometimes.  My favorite one's right now are Dark Weekend and Darkness Radio.
Welcome. We love Dark Weekend too.

Tarbaby

Bienvenido a BellGab Gringomisio, también me gustan esos dos podcasts! Pero escoger cuáles segmentos para escuchar

gringomisio

Quote from: Tarbaby on January 22, 2014, 03:40:35 PM
Bienvenido a BellGab Gringomisio, también me gustan esos dos podcasts! Pero escoger cuáles segmentos para escuchar

Gracias por los saludos y el bienvenido.   Me gustaría responder pero no entendí.....  I didn't quite understand your last sentence if you were asking me something (doesn't make sense!).

maureen

bienvenido, Gringomisio!! estando en Mexico yo también necesito mi dosis de inglés y aquí hay buena gente además de buen radio. oye, aquí cuando me dicen ¡gringa! yo les respondo ¡gringa su madre! ....jajajajaja.... saludos!  ;D

gringomisio

Quote from: maureen on January 24, 2014, 06:55:34 PM
oye, aquí cuando me dicen ¡gringa! yo les respondo ¡gringa su madre! ....jajajajaja.... saludos!  ;D

jaja aunque chingar no significa nada en Peru.  Probablemente yo les perecería como un loco si dijera eso!   En cual ciudad vives?

Tarbaby

Quote from: gringomisio on January 24, 2014, 02:26:46 PM
Gracias por los saludos y el bienvenido.   Me gustaría responder pero no entendí.....  I didn't quite understand your last sentence if you were asking me something (doesn't make sense!).
gringomislo: Learning Spanish is a hobby of mine but I don't work on as hard as I used to. What I was trying to say was I enjoy those two podcasts you mentioned (Darkness Radio and Dark Weekend). Then I added, "But I choose which segments to listen to."). Didn't ask a question.

But I have Spanish-speaking friends and none of us can figure out what your alias means. gringo-isimo was the closest they could figure. aka super-stranger? But yours is gringomisio?

Tarbaby

That exchange was confusing to me too. Maureen said "gringa su madre" which to me means "stranger your mama". But gringomisio quotes Maureen as "chinga su madre" which I can't even translate here.

Maureen, did you understand my first post to gringomisio? Because I guess he's from Peru? And you're in Mexico? I go to Mexico now and then (Zihuatanejo and Ixtapa) and I think maybe Peru Spanish is slightly different? As is  Uruguay, etc.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Tarbaby on January 25, 2014, 09:32:23 AM
That exchange was confusing to me too. Maureen said "gringa su madre" which to me means "stranger your mama". But gringomisio quotes Maureen as "chinga su madre" which I can't even translate here.

Maureen, did you understand my first post to gringomisio? Because I guess he's from Peru? And you're in Mexico? I go to Mexico now and then (Zihuatanejo and Ixtapa) and I think maybe Peru Spanish is slightly different? As is  Uruguay, etc.
Hits Buzzer
What is Spanish?

maureen

Quote from: gringomisio on January 24, 2014, 10:42:47 PM
jaja aunque chingar no significa nada en Peru.  Probablemente yo les perecería como un loco si dijera eso!   En cual ciudad vives?
cerca de Cholula, bajo el volcán Popocatépetl. ¿y usted?

maureen

yes I caught your meaning, Tarbaby. I am adept at creative translation- more from the intention than the actual words. well done!!
my use of "gringa su madre" was a poor pun....  "gringo" comes from the American invasión of Mexico with American greenback dollars; chingar means to screw. So instead of  saying "screw your mother" I reply to the offensive (to me as a Brit-Canadian) "gringa" with "your mother is gringa!"  jajajaja=lol ;D ;)

gringomisio

With slang you can't really use a translator and Maureen was doing a kind of play on the words as she mentioned.  Here in Peru chingar doesn't mean anything, I mean if I said it they'd probably look at me like, well a Mexican but I bet that jerga probably illicits a laugh every time she uses it.  Peruvians actually use the verb "cachar" or "coger" although "concha tu madre \ puta madre" is probably more common here.

Your spanish doesn't have any regional differences, it was just that you didn't conjugate the verb which makes it confusing.  I didn't mean to offend you or anything I just wasn't sure exactly what you were saying as it could have gone a couple ways.

And someone asked me about my nick here, it actually means "Broke Gringo" in Peruvian slang.  Misio = broke.    The other way to say it of which I'm not sure is slang or not is, "Estoy aguja".  Maureen, do they say that in Mexico to mean broke while pointing to their neck?

gringomisio

Quote from: maureen on January 25, 2014, 10:17:33 AM
cerca de Cholula, bajo el volcán Popocatépetl. ¿y usted?

Me mudé a Lima hace 7 años.  Vivo unas cuadas del mar.   No me quejo.   

Te gusta vivir alla?  Cuales cosas extrañas más?  Que haces alla?  ONG? 

maureen

Quote from: gringomisio on January 25, 2014, 03:13:51 PM
Me mudé a Lima hace 7 años.  Vivo unas cuadas del mar.   No me quejo.   

Te gusta vivir alla?  Cuales cosas extrañas más?  Que haces alla?  ONG?
I'm broke= estoy quebrado, estoy jodido, estoy hasta el cuello

I have lived here for 40 years, after escaping a Canadian winter, and now I'm semi-retired.. a few private English classes and living is easy
;)

gringomisio

Quote from: maureen on January 25, 2014, 11:03:54 PM
I'm broke= estoy quebrado, estoy jodido, estoy hasta el cuello

I have lived here for 40 years, after escaping a Canadian winter, and now I'm semi-retired.. a few private English classes and living is easy
;)

I'm sure the winter is much nicer in Mexico!

I moved to Lima for work (opened an office) and a girl.  It worked out really well. 

Tarbaby

Maureen: Thanks.

Gringomisio: Gracias, tambien. I wasn't offended. Oh, and I didn't use a translator. I just screw up conjugation routinely all by myself. :) I went back to review my 1st post and I see I made TWO* mistakes in conjugation. gustan and escoger.

Anyway, this is exciting, to have someone here from Peru!