• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The BellGab "New Member" Meet and Greet!

Started by GodsEqual, September 24, 2008, 02:13:23 AM

Welcome aboard, Z.  You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave!

WhiteCrow

Hi all. I joined BellGab after Art talked about it on Dark Matter.
I've been an Art affectionado since the 1990s and listened to his classic shows since then.

My wife informed me of his return to the air waves and I signed up for SiriusXM shortly thereafter.
I don't listen to anything but Dark Matter on XM, nothing either on FM or AM.
C2C without Art didn't interest me.
I'm also well versed on all of Art's many trials and tribulations.

Being a Skeptic on everything paranormal (it's all entertaining nonsense) I enjoy Bellgab because there are a lot of like minded Skeptics, who truly appreciate Art's amazing broadcasting abilities.

ksm32

Hello whteCrow and welcome.

Your avatar.. neeto man.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: ksm32 on November 03, 2013, 06:30:22 PM
Hello whteCrow and welcome.

Your avatar.. neeto man.

Thanks - You only need one BONG found on Mars to know - we aren't alone!
Number Nine... Number Nine... Number Nine... Number Nine

Greetings. I am Geronimo Jackson. I like Art Bell. I am new in this forum.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Geronimo Jackson on November 05, 2013, 11:29:07 AM
Greetings. I am Geronimo Jackson. I like Art Bell. I am new in this forum.
Yo Geronimo! Ya Ta Hey!

Coz

Hi... I'm not Art Bell.

And apparently, neither is he.

UrbanFool

I probably should've stopped in here first. I lurked for a long while, but registered when Art was coming back. I've listened to Art since the mid 90's, and listened to George for quite some time before I finally realized I was more irritated than not most of the time. Art certainly had a knack for asking his guest the question you were just wondering about. (George often just changes mid-topic and ticks me off beyond belief.) I was awesomely excited by Art's return (again), and now I'm dashed that he's gone, but I'm going to go back through the old stuff. I'll sure miss current news at the beginning of the old shows though.

Kelly

Sardondi

Quote from: onan on November 07, 2013, 09:34:56 AMWelcome have fun
You gotta wonder at the felicitousness of the timing of the latest members, bless 'em all. It would seem that a brand new member these days might feel somewhat overwhelmed by the momentous events facing him/her. Of course the apparent chaos may have been the attraction.

Or it could be like a wine merchant of ancient Rome who just retired with plans to move to Herculaneum, who sails into the Bay of Naples on the morning of August 25th of 79 C.E., hoping to drop by the Chamber of Commerce and check on available apartments before doing a little neighborhood shopping.

Could be much worse though. A new member might have just plopped down for a 3-year contract with Sirius based on the availability of Dark Matter. To continue the tortured Vesuvian Scenario (Ooh! Good Bad enough for a Robert Ludlum book title!), that would be like the stunned person the new retiree meets on the way to the Bay of Naples, who on August 23d had handed over final payment of 10 million sesterces for that wonderful little hillside villa with all those spicy frescoes and murals...

Quote from: Coz on November 05, 2013, 02:33:11 PMHi... I'm not Art Bell.
And apparently, neither is he.
Heh heh.

onan

Quote from: Sardondi on November 07, 2013, 11:04:04 AM
You gotta wonder at the felicitousness of the timing of the latest members, bless 'em all. It would seem that a brand new member these days might feel somewhat overwhelmed by the momentous events facing him/her. Of course the chaos may have been the attraction.

Or it could be like a wine merchant of ancient Rome who just retired with plans to move to Herculaneum, who sails into the Bay of Naples on the morning of August 25th of 79 C.E., hoping to drop by the Chamber of Commerce and check on available apartments before doing a little neighborhood shopping.

Could be much worse though. A new member might have just plopped down for a 3-year contract with Sirius based on the availability of Dark Matter. To continue the tortured Vesuvian Scenario (Ooh! Good Bad enough for a Robert Ludlum book title!), that would be like the stunned person the new retiree meets on the way to the Bay of Naples, who on August 23d had handed over final payment of 10 million sesterces for that wonderful little hillside villa with all those spicy frescoes and murals...
Heh heh.

Well I was gonna use:

Welcome to the jungle
We've got fun 'n' games
We got everything you want
Honey, we know the names
We are the people that can find
Whatever you may need
If you got the money, honey
We got your disease

but I thought it just a tad too much.

urbie88

Hey all.  Been posting this week after finally registering for the site instead of just lurking and reading posts. Been a C2C listener since the mid/late 90's and an Art Bell fan since I started with the program.  He is a great interviewer and I was pumped to hear that he decided to sign on with SiriusXM.  I think I fall in with the WTF/bewilderment portion of the forums on Art's departure. I know he's been a bit flaky in the past with habitual retirements but this one was out of left field especially since Dark Matter wasn't even "broken in" yet.

Just thought I'd drop by to introduce myself.   

onan

Quote from: urbie88 on November 07, 2013, 11:23:59 AM
Hey all.  Been posting this week after finally registering for the site instead of just lurking and reading posts. Been a C2C listener since the mid/late 90's and an Art Bell fan since I started with the program.  He is a great interviewer and I was pumped to hear that he decided to sign on with SiriusXM.  I think I fall in with the WTF/bewilderment portion of the forums on Art's departure. I know he's been a bit flaky in the past with habitual retirements but this one was out of left field especially since Dark Matter wasn't even "broken in" yet.

Just thought I'd drop by to introduce myself.

Welcome Urbie... what is the 88?

Sardondi

Quote from: onan on November 07, 2013, 11:07:05 AMWell I was gonna use:

Welcome to the jungle
We've got fun 'n' games
We got everything you want
Honey, we know the names
We are the people that can find
Whatever you may need
If you got the money, honey
We got your disease

but I thought it just a tad too much.
I am literally still laughing. Too, too good.

urbie88

Quote from: onan on November 07, 2013, 11:29:23 AM
Welcome Urbie... what is the 88?

I wish I could say it was significant, but just a random decision to add in some numbers.  Lame, I know.

onan

Quote from: urbie88 on November 07, 2013, 12:11:32 PM
I wish I could say it was significant, but just a random decision to add in some numbers.  Lame, I know.

We have another member with a suffix of 88, thought I might have missed out on something.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Spirit Chaser on November 08, 2013, 01:14:08 PM
Dear Forum,

I adore Art Bell.  I have been amazed to see he's a member and actively posting, it's all quite impressive.  I do not blame him at all for his decisions or choices.  He is a free man to do as he wishes and he has strong definitive opinions.  I am glad he does not take the most negative remarks to heart but rather holds his ground reporting any updates.  I believe that while he understands his fans he has his own back to look out for.  I'm certain he understands that patience is a virtue and virtue is hard to come by.  He is clearly spending his precious time of which we are all limited to in our lives working on things instead of letting things affect him.

He is still wearing the crown from the Kingdom.  I'll be listening for you around midnight, every night until you return Art Bell.  God speed.

Happy to be here at the party.

hi there.  glad you joined.  post often.

onan

Quote from: Spirit Chaser on November 08, 2013, 01:14:08 PM
Dear Forum,

I adore Art Bell.  I have been amazed to see he's a member and actively posting, it's all quite impressive.  I do not blame him at all for his decisions or choices.  He is a free man to do as he wishes and he has strong definitive opinions.  I am glad he does not take the most negative remarks to heart but rather holds his ground reporting any updates.  I believe that while he understands his fans he has his own back to look out for.  I'm certain he understands that patience is a virtue and virtue is hard to come by.  He is clearly spending his precious time of which we are all limited to in our lives working on things instead of letting things affect him.

He is still wearing the crown from the Kingdom.  I'll be listening for you around midnight, every night until you return Art Bell.  God speed.

Happy to be here at the party.

Welcome, MV sends out dividend checks on the tenth of every month... you just made it.

onan

Quote from: Spirit Chaser on November 08, 2013, 07:17:18 PM
Oh really?  And just how much are we talking? 

Well last year when all was said and done, I had almost enough to put a down payment on a package of Top Ramen.

Chine

Quote from: onan on November 08, 2013, 02:00:40 PM
Welcome, MV sends out dividend checks on the tenth of every month... you just made it.

Haha. Onan, I remember my first posts here on the forum in 'dog and puppy pics' thread. You were the first gabber to welcome me. You told me Tuesdays were dress up as George days.  ;D

onan

Quote from: Spirit Chaser on November 08, 2013, 08:13:58 PM
I love those things ;D did you know that your name means Strong?

Yeah, I love em too, but don't tell my wife.

No, many people think my name is a reference to the biblical Onan. But actually it was a shortening of a joke my friends gave me. I can get pretty long winded and I got the moniker of onanonanon... a twist to Al anon. See even here... too much I know.

Keep posting, and by all means never take any of it too seriously and always have some fun.

Booner

Well, I'm a new member and love this forum.  I'm so impressed with the whit and hilarity of you folks.

I wish I would have found this forum a long time ago, especially the Live Discussions when the Dark Matter shows were playing.  I stumbled on after the mighty He left the air.

So anyway, thanks for this place.  It helps to have a place to go during my grief.

And I'm still looking for 10/06/95 show - and will pay for it!

Thanks,

Booner (aka Shawna)

onan

Quote from: Booner on November 12, 2013, 05:52:29 PM
Well, I'm a new member and love this forum.  I'm so impressed with the whit and hilarity of you folks.

I wish I would have found this forum a long time ago, especially the Live Discussions when the Dark Matter shows were playing.  I stumbled on after the mighty He left the air.

So anyway, thanks for this place.  It helps to have a place to go during my grief.

And I'm still looking for 10/06/95 show - and will pay for it!

Thanks,

Booner (aka Shawna)

I know we had "words", but welcome and have fun.

Booner

No hard feelings, Onan.  Thanks for the welcome.  As I've said, you guys are mean here so it's to be expected. :)

Shadow Wolf

Hello everyone,
I was reading a lot of the post, not just the Art Bell ones, but some of the general disscussion ones also. I hope area51drone got his tree problem sorted out, the world needs more trees. I started listening to Art when he was on KENI up in Anchorage Alaska, been a fan since then. He has a unique way of drawing answers out of guest, and people in general. The shows I enjoyed the most I think were the open line nights, you just never knew who/what or where in time someone was going to call from. What pushed me over the edge though, so to speak, though was the SpecSheet/Gabcast podcast. My wife and I thought they were pretty good, and it sounded like everyone was having a lot of fun doing the show. The world needs more fun, and trees.