• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Sean92008

Quote from: Catsmile on April 30, 2018, 12:31:26 AM
# Spooky Southcoast Also has a mild Humm Centered around 60Hz with secondary harmonics around 120Hz
I'm hearing something in the 330Hz neighborhood.  Cheap gear or bad wiring/shielding.

El Chorro

You're heard around the world except where they haven't heard of radio.

SpookyTim

The inevitable part where a host claims to have been offered a national spot but chooses not to. Right.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Catsmile on April 29, 2018, 11:14:34 PM
# CrazyLikeAFox
# WhatDiagnosesWhatExplanationsNotEnoughInputNotDr
# WhatTaleIsBeingTold Or SpeculatingOnActionsUnfold
# PossiblySeeking2GetHerPawInTheHoneyPot

# NothingIsEverQuiteAsItSeems
# WhereThereAreLargeSumsOfMoneyNothingIsOffTheTable
# SeenItLivedItFewTimesGotT-Shirt
# GreedEgosVanitiesNeverCeases2AmazeMe

Sticking to whats known would have maybe moved this thread a few pages the last 2 weeks. What any of us really knows about all this mess is very little. I can speculate the most dull to the most wild of scenarios. Therein lies the fun. 

I enjoyed listening to Art Bell telling his life story. Anyone that hasn't heard the audio book The Art of Talk should check it out. Those are the things he tells on himself from his perspective. The audio book Art of Talk is in the Art Bell Ultimate Torrent, and can be downloaded by itself, without downloading the 60 plus gigabyte file. Ask Google how to using your torrent client.

#SorryNewTo#s
#GeneralObservationsNotJustForKitty
#SpeculatesWithTheBestOfEm

TL;dr

I think reducing her to a ______ (insert any confidently asserted diagnosis from the previous pages) or a gold-digger is a caricature at best.  Real people are a jumble of conflicted motives.  Don't think she's intelligent enough to profit by strategy and is probably hanging on out of pure instinct, much like how she got to be there in the first place.

That's why her Knapp attack bothers me, and the reasons proposed seem to fall short.  There was no apparent reason for it.  Suggest she is parroting the general attitude of the compound toward him, prolly cuz he was hanging around asking too many questions, and prolly so she can show herself part of the family -- it's for their consumption, not ours.  For now it doesn't matter how Art died; it's the questions that stung.

Got Art of Talk on my pheune for on-the-go listening!  Thanks to Mel-hole for the h/u

dsz

Quote from: Sean92008 on April 30, 2018, 12:12:25 AM
That guy saying "Oh yeah" reminds me of:

https://youtu.be/iIfkPy99k_4

;D ;D I vote Geoff comes on tomorrow night to introduce Heather as "Custom Butt Sponge". Then he cues up his Heather Wade voice for the rest of the show.

popple

Quote from: El Chorro on April 30, 2018, 12:25:00 AM
Rood Noory bashing is rood. This guy couldn't clip George's moustache.

Nor polish his sacred mustache!

SpookyTim

Quote from: Sean92008 on April 30, 2018, 12:35:10 AM
I'm hearing something in the 330Hz neighborhood.  Cheap gear or bad wiring/shielding.

Or an engineer who thinks that, because we are an AM station, he doesn't have to fix such things. Completely ignoring the podcasting aspect, or the FM-quality streaming and app audio.

BettyO417

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on April 29, 2018, 07:49:45 PM
Douglas Dietrich is ready, willing and able!

Quote from: mv on April 30, 2018, 12:15:29 AM
heh heh

Surely no one listens to Dietrich.  Or is the entertainment value worthy of the destruction of the mind? HA!!
Again, this repeated visualization along with the sister/girlfriend that's been posted along with Dietrich's portrait is embedding itself into the recesses of my mind. It's horrifying I tell you.
Can you imagine the next time I indulge in the natural medications of the earth what a bad trip this could cause.... Have mercy, please...

El Chorro

Well, I guess we know how Keith got this to go for three hours.

Catsmile

Quote from: SpookyTim on April 30, 2018, 12:33:16 AM
Been trying for years to get out station engineer to address the hum. I've tried to process it out but it affects the actual talking too much.

# Well it being around 60Hz Its most likely a ground loop hum.
# If all electrical sources for ground loop have been exhausted look at the Coax. 
# Sometimes the Coax from ISP/Cable TV provider bleeds the hum into equipment they have filters or coax ground lifters that can help.
# Or a poorly shielded or wonky XLR cable
# Dunno

Lilith

Quote from: BettyO417 on April 30, 2018, 12:37:52 AM
Surely no one listens to Dietrich.  Or is the entertainment value worthy of the destruction of the mind? HA!!
Again, this repeated visualization along with the sister/girlfriend that's been posted along with Dietrich's portrait is embedding itself into the recesses of my mind. It's horrifying I tell you.
Can you imagine the next time I indulge in the natural medications of the earth what a bad trip this could cause.... Have mercy, please...

I confess, I have been known to listen and hang out with the few who listen in the bellgab thread when I remember its on.   :-[

dsz

Quote from: K_Dubb on April 30, 2018, 12:36:02 AM
#SorryNewTo#s

TL;dr

...Don't think she's intelligent enough to profit by strategy and is probably hanging on out of pure instinct, much like how she got to be there in the first place...

Geez, that makes her sound like a rabid wild animal.

PrairieGhost

Did anyone ever try Art's pizza punch? If so, was it good and what did it taste like?

Sean92008

Quote from: SpookyTim on April 30, 2018, 12:35:45 AM
The inevitable part where a host claims to have been offered a national spot but chooses not to. Right.

It happens often...  I've turned down things 30 years ago that I regret horribly now...  Then there was Sony Records and a request for an album's worth of songs by a singer who was successful in her native country.

I screwed the pooch in my 20s.  Heather did it in her 40s.

El Chorro

#integrity in advertising
#give me free stuff

Catsmile

Quote from: K_Dubb on April 30, 2018, 12:36:02 AM
#SorryNewTo#s

TL;dr

I think reducing her to a ______ (insert any confidently asserted diagnosis from the previous pages) or a gold-digger is a caricature at best.  Real people are a jumble of conflicted motives.  Don't think she's intelligent enough to profit by strategy and is probably hanging on out of pure instinct, much like how she got to be there in the first place.

That's why her Knapp attack bothers me, and the reasons proposed seem to fall short.  There was no apparent reason for it.  Suggest she is parroting the general attitude of the compound toward him, prolly cuz he was hanging around asking too many questions, and prolly so she can show herself part of the family -- it's for their consumption, not ours.  For now it doesn't matter how Art died; it's the questions that stung.

Got Art of Talk on my pheune for on-the-go listening!  Thanks to Mel-hole for the h/u

# I can see that being the case as well, agreed speculation wise.
# Some People want to make Heather or Art out to be the bad guy
# It takes 2 In My Book Equal Opportunity Whatever the Hell Was Happening on the compound.   

Who else is ready to hear the real story from Heather tomorrow?

K_Dubb

Quote from: dsz on April 30, 2018, 12:40:09 AM
Geez, that makes her sound like a rabid wild animal.

Haha well I don't know about rabid, but even a cat knows to snuggle up to the alpha-male.

Hells Mole

Quote from: PrairieGhost on April 30, 2018, 12:41:30 AM
Did anyone ever try Art's pizza punch? If so, was it good and what did it taste like?

That's been brought up many times.  Some people here did have some.  One guy still has a bottle of it that is expired but not thrown out.
Another person figured out how to make it and it seemed to pass the taste test.  It is a pretty
simple recipe.  Romona herself apparently reproduced it after her and Art tasted it at some restaurant
somewhere.

Sean92008

Quote from: dsz on April 30, 2018, 12:37:13 AM
;D ;D I vote Geoff comes on tomorrow night to introduce Heather as "Custom Butt Sponge". Then he cues up his Heather Wade voice for the rest of the show.
For some reason, I thought the guy who voiced him died...  Not sure, didn't Google it.

Doh!  Not dead.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_Robert_Thompson

Sean92008

Rix Gins

Quote from: Hells Mole on April 30, 2018, 12:45:44 AM
That's been brought up many times.  Some people here did have some.  One guy still has a bottle of it that is expired but not thrown out.
Another person figured out how to make it and it seemed to pass the taste test.  It is a pretty
simple recipe.  Romona herself apparently reproduced it after her and Art tasted it at some restaurant
somewhere.

The restaurant was in Paris.

LadyFish

This guy kinda sounds like Falkie imitating Heather. Except this guy sounds like he is fun & ready to party.

Hells Mole

This guy that just came on sounds like the voice of the Simpsons "teenager" who gets used any time they need an awkward pimply faced teen to be a fast food worker, pizza delivery boy, etc.

Lilith