• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Why are you on this site?

Started by Zoo, October 18, 2014, 03:13:47 AM

aldousburbank

Quote from: eyenoeyeno on October 22, 2014, 03:44:47 PM
Mostly because some freak I hang with loves it.
::)

Quote from: eyenoeyeno on October 22, 2014, 03:44:47 PM
My neighbors are seriously screwing with me
Seriously, as long as your neighbors are not screwing you I think you'll be fine.

Quote from: onan on October 26, 2014, 06:51:14 AM
It used to be for the clever and humorous dialogue, now it is the hope for clever and humorous dialogue.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 26, 2014, 07:04:01 AM
Then you should post often man.

hahahahaha.  You are correct, sir!!   ;D

yumyumtree

If there's one thing I like as much as, or even more, maybe, than listening to talk radio, it's talking to other listeners about talk radio.  And this forum does not only deal with Coast, but other shows as well.

Tarbaby

I don't care if it rains or freezes long as I got my plastic Jesus
Riding on the dashboard of my car
Yeah, yeah
I can go 100 miles an hour
Long as I got the almighty power
Glued up there with my peer of fuzzy dice.

eyenoeyeno

Quote from: yumyumtree on October 26, 2014, 05:36:38 PM
If there's one thing I like as much as, or even more, maybe, than listening to talk radio, it's talking to other listeners about talk radio.  And this forum does not only deal with Coast, but other shows as well.

Wtf? This forum is about talk radio?
Who the fuk is Art Bell anyways.  And George Noory.  Seriously.   What are you people talking about.?!

pate

Currently, I am here because I am listening to the audio from some baseball game from the stonedage 80s on another tab and it very slightly drowns out the audio from the radio tuned to C2C (where sNooge happens to not be hosting, else the thing would be tuned to the local pop radio station, a pop from the stondage that is) and I think I am too drunk to successfully re-tune the radio, my bigfear (bigfeet?) is that if I stop posting, I'll power down the modern tech device that powers the open tab in the background and lose some historical lore or something...  They just said something about a player that reminds me of a song I heard:

Bloodhound gang- The roof is on fire (HQ sound)

at first I thought it was this one (but watched it and thought, heh, thas funney):

Bloodhound Gang - Why's Everybody Always Pickin' On Me?

Which in turn reminded me of this:

The Sasquatch Gang (Funny parts)

which caused me to wonder why Lando Calrisien (sp) was in that last one and how the hell, oh lordy the Grand Unified Conspiracy Theory strikes again back.

I try not to post such nonsense as all this, but sometimes I am overcome by how there are no coinidences!

WOTR

Like most there is a very simple explanation as to why I ended up here... Why am I still here?  I suppose it comes down to a couple of reasons.  First are the personalities.  I enjoy the eclectic group that seems to have all come to the conclusion that GNS.

I enjoy reading posts with view points that differ from mine and enjoy posting my thoughts in an open place.  Much like you, I usually try to add citations and reasons for my beliefs.  This causes me to sometimes look closer at things that I have heard or that I believe to be true.  It sometimes leads me to very unexpected places and conclusions.

Finally, it can provide a bit of a diversion from life.  I used to belong to another forum that was very active and completely unmoderated and absolutely loved it.  Then it grew to a couple of thousand active posters and all the owner did do was moderate any extreme problems (spam or death threats, mostly I would think.  Tasteless comments and even personal attacks were usually left.)  8-10 years ago he sold it and suddenly there were moderators, global moderators, uber moderators, minion moderators and a supreme council of overseers and judges.  The site still exists- but I have not logged on in 7 or 8 years and almost every personality that I had any respect for disappeared around the same time.

So, I found this as the alternative.  MV provides quite a lot of freedom and leeway.  While it does not have the same number of posters it does have the same basic personalities and I enjoy spending a bit of time most days reading the posts of a group once referenced as "vaguely lovable" people.

pate

Quote from: wotr1 on October 27, 2014, 12:08:58 AM
8-10 years ago he sold it and suddenly there were moderators, global moderators, uber moderators, minion moderators and a supreme council of overseers and judges.

I think I recall that place, it was called the MSNgamezone or somesuch, I used to play X-wing vs Tie-fighter (I think that's what it was called) until MS changed their avatar to a Rainbow Butterfly, afterwhich things got a bit, shall I say intense?  Anyhow, they shut the whole thing down, (I think you can still play backgammon and hearts there, but the lustre is gone...)

I think that was a pivotal period where MS learned something about avatars and who knows what they have as 'official' now?  I think it's a talking paperclip or something...

eyenoeyeno

I'm here mostly because I really really get off on the whole mind control thing.   If I can mindlessly post on some forum and have imbeciles like you dedicate time to reading, reacting, and possibly even taking extra time to reply to my jabber, then I'm not doing too bad.
I haven't even turned on my computer in months.  Really.  Sometimes I feel a slight tug away from my Samsung toward being able to put my fingers on a keyboard and actually go into detail  about how moronic I think half of the posts/posters are here.   Instead I tap away with these thumbs at my screen.  Maybe someday I'll have something to say to for purposes other than amusing myself, only at this point will you receive a decent post from me (via keyboard).

pyewacket

Quote from: wotr1 on October 27, 2014, 12:08:58 AM
Like most there is a very simple explanation as to why I ended up here... Why am I still here?  I suppose it comes down to a couple of reasons.  First are the personalities.  I enjoy the eclectic group that seems to have all come to the conclusion that GNS.

8-10 years ago he sold it and suddenly there were moderators, global moderators, uber moderators, minion moderators and a supreme council of overseers and judges.  The site still exists- but I have not logged on in 7 or 8 years and almost every personality that I had any respect for disappeared around the same time.

I had similar experiences with two other very different sites. One was an atheist site that had a large number of funny, smart people. One Mod, in particular was hysterically funny- if you crossed the line he could list the infractions with dark humor. Not many have the time or skill to do this, so he stood out in the crowd. After awhile, it was overrun by trolls and kids (no offence to any young people here) and they beefed up the mods to a squadron of them. Many of the long time people left and it wasn't the same. I checked them out awhile back and it's mostly PC and uber progressives there.

There is a Buddhist site that used to have a great group of people who would talk about current events and topics other than arguing about religious sutras (texts) I hadn't been there in a number of years and checked them out recently. Most of the old group of people were gone and the mod was really kind of aggressive and rude. I looked in the archives and found that they had been sort of used by a Christian group as practice for religious debate. Many of the old time posters didn't have a problem with this and also objected to the mod's increasing censorship. Not the same place anymore- unless you want a steady diet of religious dogma and uber PC.

The ultra political correctness seems to be a common phenomena when a site becomes overly moderated. The same can probably be said for the far right groups, too, although I've noticed that the more conservative members are willing to talk to anyone. Just an observation of a couple of groups.

That's why I'm glad MV has a light hand on the reins.  :)   

aldousburbank

Quote from: eyenoeyeno on October 26, 2014, 09:48:52 PM
Wtf? This forum is about talk radio?
Who the fuk is Art Bell anyways.  And George Noory.  Seriously.   What are you people talking about.?!
Hey, the lady wants one of us thimblefucks to answer some questions. Somebody go first.

WOTR

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 31, 2014, 12:40:32 AM
Hey, the lady wants one of us thimblefucks to answer some questions. Somebody go first.
Done... I'm gone for the night.

eddie dean

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 31, 2014, 12:40:32 AM
I'll jump in here. I don't know what the question is, but my random answers are: (in no particular order)

maybe
because I'm allergic to thimbles
That guy that was in that thing
hiccups or hoedowns
lavender scented
kumquats

eyenoeyeno

Quote from: eddie dean on October 31, 2014, 10:13:02 PM
I'll jump in here. I don't know what the question is, but my random answers are: (in no particular order)

maybe
because I'm allergic to thimbles
That guy that was in that thing
hiccups or hoedowns
lavender scented
kumquats

Ohh. Finally something that makes sense.

Because I keep forgetting to delete this tab when I exit out of my browser.

Zoo

Well like most things some people are really others are fake. To those who took this for really and told your story I Thank You. I also look forward to more!!1

aldousburbank

Quote from: Zoo on November 05, 2014, 07:39:38 PM
Well like most things some people are really others are fake.
As a dude playing a dude that plays another dude, I am both.

b_dubb

I'm hoping to find a nice girl to settle down with and lock up in my sexy dungeon

aldousburbank

Quote from: b_dubb on November 05, 2014, 07:53:33 PM
I'm hoping to find a nice girl to settle down with and lock up in my sexy dungeon
Awww, Lena...
[attachimg=1]
http://bellgab.com/index.php?action=profile;u=1058

jazmunda

Reported and I can't wait for the bachelor party we're gonna throw for you.

wr250

eyenoeyeno

Because it is much more interesting than not being on it.

aldousburbank

Quote from: eyenoeyeno on November 09, 2014, 10:59:34 PM
Because it is much more interesting than not being on it.
Thats what she sed

paladin1991

I'm on this site so that I can watch Mr. Hanky post his trolling and stamp his little feet when we all laugh at him.

basswood

Quote from: aldousburbank on November 05, 2014, 07:48:36 PM
As a dude playing a dude that plays another dude, I am both.

That's what she said.

wr250

AB needs to call in.
and before you ask which AB, the answer is "yes"  ...

I am here  om is web page .. because i born in is world ))

Because i want be connect whit  other people maybe have same interesting about anything some not cant talking about  ,,

what are going on in our world really..
Wean normal news paper are quit about  many things different ,

I want feel are connect whit ufoship mind whit other people thinknings and other feeling and happiness.. or bad feelings .. really world not cant be quit about , or hidden from our mind

Love is life and other people and   together whit our home ( planet )
Our  world have so many things we can talk about are so lovely sexy things and  beautiful things 

I am an Art bell fan.

There are a lot of funny stuff here.

I enjoy most of the posters here.