• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

M Knight

Now back to "random" - "stupid" - "things" that make this thread the topic of choice while enjoying a hot cup of tea and crumpets with dear friends.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: M Knight on July 16, 2011, 09:32:43 AM

I have experienced working for senior directors who were always the least qualified people in the room.  They were caucasian, male and female, and got elevated to their positions because of strategic relationships, well placed relatives or intimidation.  Michael is saying nothing more than this.  On his own merits, Obama is very well qualified to be an associate professor at a mid-range university.
thank you.

Quote from: M Knight on July 16, 2011, 10:07:10 AM
Now back to "random" - "stupid" - "things" that make this thread the topic of choice while enjoying a hot cup of tea and crumpets with dear friends.

and thank you again.

M Knight

Shit.  All f*****g week I have felt like this. 

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: lasertron on July 16, 2011, 02:42:13 AM
In the new Katy Perry song, extraterrestrial, when she sings "could you be the devil? could you be an angel?" I always think of Noory. COULD IT BE ANGELS?!
lasertron, is that really you in your avatar pic?  you're so cute!  you remind me of someone famous... not sure... perhaps uma thurman in pulp fiction?  i can't quite pin it down.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: M Knight on July 16, 2011, 11:15:55 AM
Shit.  All f*****g week I have felt like this. 

it's been that kind of month for me, brother.  nabila and i had to find a new place to live under on a short deadline, then we had to take care of getting moved, then my grandma died during the two day period we had to move and clean up our old apartment, then nabila left me to go visit her family in morocco and won't be back until sept 22, then i had a MASSIVE spasm in my back thursday morning and had to be carried out of my home by an ambulance crew where the ER pumped me full of morphine and valium shots coupled with a prescription for percocet, muscle relaxers, and steroids which i've been doped up on for the last two days.  so, to put it mildly, i'm in something of a world of shit at the moment.  yay, me.

mail pity to 123 asskick st., cape girardeau, mo.

MV/Liberace!

oh, and on top of that, the postal contractor that i work for is now giving me problems due to the fact that i had the audacity to fall ill.  oh well.  i plan to dump them in a couple of months, anyway.

M Knight

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on July 16, 2011, 11:20:56 AM

it's been that kind of month for me, brother.  nabila and i had to find a new place to live under on a short deadline, then we had to take care of getting moved, then my grandma died during the two day period we had to move and clean up our old apartment, then nabila left me to go visit her family in morocco and won't be back until sept 22, then i had a MASSIVE spasm in my back thursday morning and had to be carried out of my home by an ambulance crew where the ER pumped me full of morphine and valium shots coupled with a prescription for percocet, muscle relaxers, and steroids which i've been doped up on for the last two days.  so, to put it mildly, i'm in something of a world of shit at the moment.  yay, me.

None of my business, but what the hell is that all about?  That's a shit load of time to be away. 

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: M Knight on July 16, 2011, 11:24:18 AM
None of my business, but what the hell is that all about?  That's a shit load of time to be away.
i know, but i insisted that she spend that much time there when i booked the ticket.  it's been a long time since she's been home to visit, and moroccan families are far closer to one another than the typical american family, so the difficulty in being separated and away from home is difficult for her at times.

also, ramadan is coming soon, i think at the beginning of the month, and so she wanted to have plenty of time to go to the beach with friends because nobody there goes to the beach during the month of ramadan.  and after ramadan is over, the beach "season" will pretty much be coming to an end... so she wanted to have plenty of time for that.  we booked her plane ticket well before any of this hell broke out, so by the time we realized the poor timing, it was too late to change anything.  it's expensive and punitive to change an international flight booking, as you probably are aware.

MV/Liberace!

oh, and we're planning to have a kid next year, so it will probably be her last trip home for quite a while... so it seemed like a sort of "last hurrah," if you will.

M Knight

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on July 16, 2011, 11:30:00 AM
oh, and we're planning to have a kid next year, so it will probably be her last trip home for quite a while... so it seemed like a sort of "last hurrah," if you will.

I hear ya about the family unity found in other cultures.  My wife generates 3 digit international phone bills every month by calling her family in the Carribean (the particular island will remain unnamed). 

Good.  Can I come out of my room, now?
I really hate it when Mom and Dad fight. 
It's been a shit month all around, I think.  My "ex" had heart surgery, a bad reaction to the medication, an early release from the hospital, a hit and run in MY car(guess who gets the fine?), and a subsequent heart attack.  Now I'm waiting for him to come here to recover.  Did I mention that he was my "EX"?
Now I have to run.    ::)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: M Knight on July 16, 2011, 11:49:10 AM

I hear ya about the family unity found in other cultures.  My wife generates 3 digit international phone bills every month by calling her family in the Carribean (the particular island will remain unnamed).
WOW!!!!!  why don't you guys consider a VOIP solution?  You'd probably pay a fraction of that.  And how is that unborn baby of yours?  And your beautiful wife?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Treading Water on July 16, 2011, 12:07:35 PM
Did I mention that he was my "EX"?

you sound like a supportive, forgiving, caring person.

b_dubb

some of you have had a shot week.  I am sorry to hear this. Not to rub it in your face but as an attempt to counter all the bad news with a sprinkle of good ... I am starting a new job Monday. and I'm looking at buying a house

hope everyone gets some good in the near future

b_dubb

Quote from: lasertron on July 16, 2011, 02:42:13 AM
In the new Katy Perry song, extraterrestrial, when she sings "could you be the devil? could you be an angel?" I always think of Noory. COULD IT BE ANGELS?!
could it be Katy Perry's giant turgid vagina?

M Knight

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on July 16, 2011, 12:35:04 PM
WOW!!!!!  why don't you guys consider a VOIP solution?  You'd probably pay a fraction of that.  And how is that unborn baby of yours?  And your beautiful wife?

Most on the island have 10 to 12 hours of electricity a day with an inverter (hooked up to car batteries) for a fews hours after the power goes out.  All utilities are unpredictable, including internet. 

We're expecting around November 1st.  She is already talking about having another one!  We've been scouting around for the best places to buy all the stuff for the baby.  My wife is very precious.  I am fortunate.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: M Knight on July 16, 2011, 02:53:24 PM
Most on the island have 10 to 12 hours of electricity a day with an inverter (hooked up to car batteries) for a fews hours after the power goes out.  All utilities are unpredictable, including internet. 

We're expecting around November 1st.  She is already talking about having another one!  We've been scouting around for the best places to buy all the stuff for the baby.  My wife is very precious.  I am fortunate.
are you guys living in the states?

M Knight

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on July 16, 2011, 02:56:45 PM
are you guys living in the states?

Yes.  Regular old telephone is the most predictable means of communicating as her family's internet is attenuated due to decrepit infrastructure.

Quote from: b_dubb on July 16, 2011, 12:48:48 PM
some of you have had a shot week.  I am sorry to hear this. Not to rub it in your face but as an attempt to counter all the bad news with a sprinkle of good ... I am starting a new job Monday. and I'm looking at buying a house

hope everyone gets some good in the near future

Good Luck with both.  Glad to see not all is depressing.  ;D 

"giant turgid vagina"?!     Jesus, I love this place!   :-*

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: M Knight on July 16, 2011, 02:59:21 PM
Yes.  Regular old telephone is the most predictable means of communicating as her family's internet is attenuated due to decrepit infrastructure.
so then you only need VOIP on your end... vonage or something like that... maybe skype out... and off you go.  far cheaper.

M Knight

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on July 16, 2011, 03:28:35 PM
so then you only need VOIP on your end... vonage or something like that... maybe skype out... and off you go.  far cheaper.

Wow.  You just saved me tons of money.  Now I feel dumb. 

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: M Knight on July 16, 2011, 04:11:52 PM

Wow.  You just saved me tons of money.  Now I feel dumb. 

so, you see, it pays to use coastgab.

MV/Liberace!

i'm plowing through all of the star trek next gen episodes on netflix as i sit here with my lame back problems... from season one episode one forward.  i'm ALWAYS so happy to see tasha yar's character die and leave the show.  ok!  enough already! we get it! you're a strong woman.  bleh.  point made.

don't get me wrong.  i love strong women.  i'm married to one.  i just don't like the typical hollywood tactic of shoe-horning a character into a product for the explicit purpose of sending some sort of social message about what women can or can not be... particularly when they do it in a way that's not even CLOSE to being believable. 

tasha yar blows goat shaft.

also, as i watch season two, i'm reminded of how much i liked the dr. pulaski character as the chief medical officer.  i felt her character had so much more soul and dimension than dr. crusher.  i wish she'd stayed for the entire series.  she was like a female bones... perfect for the role.

of the entire star trek franchise, the next gen is by far my favorite.

Dr. Pulaski

M Knight

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on July 16, 2011, 05:07:34 PM
i'm plowing through all of the star trek next gen episodes on netflix as i sit here with my lame back problems... from season one episode one forward.  i'm ALWAYS so happy to see tasha yar's character die and leave the show.  ok!  enough already! we get it! you're a strong woman.  bleh.  point made.

don't get me wrong.  i love strong women.  i'm married to one.  i just don't like the typical hollywood tactic of shoe-horning a character into a product for the explicit purpose of sending some sort of social message about what women can or can not be... particularly when they do it in a way that's not even CLOSE to being believable. 

tasha yar blows goat shaft.

also, as i watch season two, i'm reminded of how much i liked the dr. pulaski character as the chief medical officer.  i felt her character had so much more soul and dimension than dr. crusher.  i wish she'd stayed for the entire series.  she was like a female bones... perfect for the role.

of the entire star trek franchise, the next gen is by far my favorite.

Dr. Pulaski

Garak also added a huge new dimension to Star Trek characters.  I remember an episode where he was reminiscing about breaking a prisoner by simply staring at him unflinchingly for 8 hours.

Garak tells Bashir to eat it

anagrammy

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on July 16, 2011, 11:20:56 AM

I am so sorry for all the crap you're going through, you must be exhausted. If you don't mind a suggestion from me, I have had great results with pain relief going to an acupunturist.  There's just so much drugs can do and ancient Chinese techniques have been around forever.  It's worth a shot.

Anagrammy

anagrammy

Quote from: Treading Water on July 16, 2011, 12:07:35 PM
Good.  Can I come out of my room, now?
I really hate it when Mom and Dad fight. 
It's been a shit month all around, I think.  My "ex" had heart surgery, a bad reaction to the medication, an early release from the hospital, a hit and run in MY car(guess who gets the fine?), and a subsequent heart attack.  Now I'm waiting for him to come here to recover.  Did I mention that he was my "EX"?

Good Grief TW!  Why did you two divorce, if you don't mind my asking?  Sounds like you are amicable and still close... he was driving your car?

Ana

beachcomber

Michael Vandeven said,
i had a MASSIVE spasm in my back thursday morning and had to be carried out of my home by an ambulance crew where the ER pumped me full of morphine and valium shots coupled with a prescription for percocet, muscle relaxers...

Same thing happened to me, so you really do have my sympathies. Then, carried down the stairs strapped to a chair and laying on a gurney at the ER for an hour while the spasms continued, finally they gave me Demerol.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: beachcomber on July 16, 2011, 11:48:12 PM
...laying on a gurney at the ER for an hour while the spasms continued, finally they gave me Demerol.
yup, that's pretty much how it went for me.  my mom was in the room with me, and i recall just repeatedly asking her, "what's wrong with these people?  when are they going to do something about the pain?"  if it took 30 minutes to get pain medication, it felt like a year.

Quote from: anagrammy on July 16, 2011, 10:05:03 PM
Good Grief TW!  Why did you two divorce, if you don't mind my asking?  Sounds like you are amicable and still close... he was driving your car?

Ana

Long story, involves my experience with Domestic Violence Services.  Anyway, I was determined that our son would become more than just a payroll deduction to his father.  And be physically safe at the same time.  Lots of work, but we're actually better "friends" now.  Since we don't tell each other what to do.  ::) 

anagrammy

Quote from: Treading Water on July 17, 2011, 08:37:48 AM
Long story, involves my experience with Domestic Violence Services.  Anyway, I was determined that our son would become more than just a payroll deduction to his father.  And be physically safe at the same time.  Lots of work, but we're actually better "friends" now.  Since we don't tell each other what to do.  ::)

That is very zen-- I am impressed how anybody can get past DV to become friends.  Good on ya-- write a book!

Anagrammy