• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

El Kragen

I listened last night out of habit and morbid curiosity. Of course it was garbage, I tuned out a few minutes into the news segment and tuned into Clyde Lewis's Ground Zero. How difficult is it to put on a decent Halloween show?  Last year they took the corny Morgus/Elvira route, this year they played it straight as if it was any other Friday night open lines? It's fucking Halloween! 

George hates his life, hates his job, hates the listeners and hates the universe for not allowing this gig to get him into lucrative TV and movie projects. Just leave already.

Quote from: El Kragen on November 01, 2012, 11:19:09 AM
... George hates his life, hates his job, hates the listeners and hates the universe for not allowing this gig to get him into lucrative TV and movie projects. Just leave already.

Exactly right.  But he can't leave - he was washed up and making peanuts when he got the guest host, then the full time Coast gig.  He hasn't impressed anyone in the 10 years since that he's been in LA on a nationally syndicated show. 

It's all about the paycheck for George.  After 10 years of this dreck, I doubt he could even get another job in radio.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: McPhallus on November 01, 2012, 09:36:52 AM
Don't tell me you of all people have joined the ranks of the Stay Tuned Cult!?

Tongue firmly in cheek when I typed that. I thought it was April 1, not November 1.

Hawk

I listened last night out of habit and morbid curiosity. Of course it was garbage, I tuned out a few minutes into the news segment and tuned into Clyde Lewis's Ground Zero. How difficult is it to put on a decent Halloween show?  Last year they took the corny Morgus/Elvira route, this year they played it straight as if it was any other Friday night open lines? It's fucking Halloween! 

George hates his life, hates his job, hates the listeners and hates the universe for not allowing this gig to get him into lucrative TV and movie projects. Just leave already.

I don't listen, so I'm only going off of what I read here. If these snake oil sales people and various products they attempt to sell is making Premiere Radio/Clear Channel a ton of money, then nothing will ever, ever change. C2C is a poorly disguised infomercial. In the minds of those radio execs, their mindset is probably "I can't believe we are making money off those idiots who listen religiously!" They think they can throw any paranormal "uhhh spoofy!" or "uhhhh controversial!" type of crap and that the overnight pirates will eat it all up.

My guess is... Noory doesn't like the corporate influence that Premiere has instilled, but as long as he is making good coin, he will be a company man and do what he is told. All of the above... that HAS GOT to be the reason why Art Bell wants nothing to do with it.

Nebraska888

Quote from: Sardondi on November 01, 2012, 10:07:32 AM
What a travesty. What an exercise in cynicism that was. The crew at C2C was so just phoning it in. Is there no one at C2C who gives a shit about the product they're selling? I can't believe the suits don't see what's going on with this. With this kind of miserable effort by the host, there has to be a hemorrhage in numbers and ads.

Is there a warm body somewhere that we can reach to tell this to? Not Tommy or George of course: their interest is in keeping the status quo. But for all the money broadcast companies pay to know how they're perceived by the public, it would look like there's someone at C2C or its owner who would welcome free opinions about how C2C is doing.

Yes, Bob Pittman and I continue to email Lisa Lyons, Tom, Tim, Stephanie, Lex, Shawn, and D. Brady@PremiereRadio.com....

Never give up!

Hawk

Premiere Radio/Clear Channel is the problem. They are more then satisfied with Noory as long as the entire current C2C formula makes money. The moment ad revenue drops, Premiere Radio will drop Noory in a second and either replace him, or drop the show altogether and syndicate a different type of overnight show.

Clear Channel is the number one radio company in the US. They also are notorious for operating on the cheap, and having no to little regard for quality programming. If they can make the most amount of money by shilling a cheap product, then that is what they will do.

It sucks... but that is radio in 2012. Podcasting and other creative means by independent people is the next last hope for the foreseeable future.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Sardondi on October 30, 2012, 05:58:47 PM
And MV, what a wonderful situation to have the Mom-in-law at the home place for so long! Potential for over-togetherness is a small price to pay for the great deal of help she provides (and the sleep you get!).

the close proximity isn't really much of a problem at all since she doesn't speak a lick of english, haha.  i can essentially say whatever i want without regard for anything.  that alone really mitigates any resulting claustrophobia.  plus, her mom absolutely adores me so that got us off to a good start.

Morgus

Noory should stick to his original plan he promised when he took over c2c ten years ago.
He originally planned his retirement date on Dec 21, 2012...

Rico999

Last night's edition of Ghost to Ghost was worse even than I thought it would be. I mean, what's up with the first hour guest that has no relevance to the theme of the program?  What's up with the prescreened "stories?"

Noory has got to be the laziest, least creative, most robotic talker in all of radio.   

ItsOver

Quote from: stevesh on November 01, 2012, 11:01:54 AM
And on it goes. One of tonight's guests is Ty Bollinger, Carnivora snake oil pimp extraordinaire. What in the world makes the C2C producers think this assclown has any credibility left ?

Just one long infomercial.  "Step on up folks!  It's incredible!  It works miracles! It cures everything, it kills crabgrass, clears clogged drains!  Yes...... it even causes "immune modulation!!!"   ::)  I'm surprised the FDA hasn't gone after this clown.

Morgus

Noory has blasted us with the carnivora commercials with Ty Bolinger every night for months now.
Tonight he has an even longer 3 hour carnivora infomercial with Ty...

Bosco

Quote from: Rico999 on November 01, 2012, 02:39:18 PM
Last night's edition of Ghost to Ghost was worse even than I thought it would be. I mean, what's up with the first hour guest that has no relevance to the theme of the program?  What's up with the prescreened "stories?"

Noory has got to be the laziest, least creative, most robotic talker in all of radio.

Well let them know what you think.    I did.

Lisa Lyon
Producer, Coast to Coast AM
lisa@coasttocoastam.com

Tom Danheiser
tom@coasttocoastam.com

Rico999

Quote from: Bosco on November 01, 2012, 03:51:49 PM

Lisa Lyon
lisa@coasttocoastam.com

Tom Danheiser
tom@coasttocoastam.com

I have, I have.   It seems to me, though, that the only feedback Coast producers give a damn about is what they hear from PremRat management or what the latest ratings book numbers are.

I'm afraid we're stuck with Noory for some time to come -- unless ratings somehow take a nosedive or he gets caught doing something so embarrassing that they have no choice but to dump his worthless ass.   

But, he's an obedient servant to his corporate masters and he knows damn well he's making more money than he'll ever make doing anything else, so even though he may have some vices and in a weak moment is compromised, it's unlikely he'll let them be exposed. 

After all, this is a guy who won't even tell you who HE thinks is running the world!   

Juan

The producers are low level employees - they have no power to change anything, much less get rid of sNoory.  I posted the name and address of the man who can do something - the CEO of Cheap Channel.

ziznak

C2C's got a little suck streak going lately.  I'm not a huge ghost to ghost fan and never have been but in the spirit of the holiday I listened to the last few hours.  horrible.  "no coincidences","mah gawrsh", premature nicknaming of callers, and interrupting callers... Snoore's had an air about him like he was on top of his game or something.  Utterly disturbing.  Tonight's show is a total skip and it's been at least a week since I've downloaded a recent show out of interest.  Here's to hoping the hate mail makes a difference but I would seriously doubt it.

Bosco

Well guys I received a quick response from Lisa and she wants my input into why I believe the show has gone downhill in general. I am about to compose my reply.

ChewMouse

Quote from: Bosco on November 01, 2012, 05:02:00 PM
Well guys I received a quick response from Lisa and she wants my input into why I believe the show has gone downhill in general. I am about to compose my reply.
Why not carbon-copy Bob Pittman and send him via snail mail a copy of what you write? I would say: be sure to put cc: Bob Pittman on the email because you want to put the fear of God into Lisa Lyon and her ilk.

If you don't want to go to the trouble, PM me the letter you send to Lisa and I'll happily print it and snail mail it from here.

Here's the info UFO Fill gave:

Quote from: UFO Fill on November 01, 2012, 10:20:34 AM
Bob Pittman, Chief Executive Officer
Clear Channel Communications
200 East Basse Road
San Antonio, TX 78209

Try him.

MV/Liberace!

just send her the URL to page one of this thread and save yourself a lot of wasted time.

b_dubb

downhill?  off the rails is more like it

keeeerash

driton

After listening to last nights show (only could make it to 3rd hour) I have jumped on board as well and sent a number of emails to those at premiere as well as lisa and tom.
I missed last years ghost2ghost, and after hearing half of last nights show i realized how awful this show has become,and how glad i missed last years!
Thank god for the 90 gigs of Art i have on hand....

Next time I suggest you cut out the middleman and stick a hot poker in your eye instead. 

Quote from: Bosco on November 01, 2012, 03:51:49 PM

Lisa Lyon
lisa@coasttocoastam.com

Tom Danheiser
tom@coasttocoastam.com

Maybe it would be easier for you folks to move on. For the most part, I have. The only time I'll tune in is if Ian or George K. are hosting. Even then I may not tune in because Knapp has a tendency to be a one-trick pony.

Premier isn't going to give a rip about your emails unless the ratings suffer or ad revenue drops significantly. It was a good, long run for Coast, but I think it's been driven too far into the ground to be salvaged. Sometimes, divorce can be a pleasant experience.

I think Lisa Lyon is part of the problem. If she doesn't see that Coast is no longer the house that Art built than she may be beyond redemption. Instead of wasting my effort on her, I might try something more fruitful -- like pissing into the wind, perhaps.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: TheGrimCreeper1 on November 01, 2012, 05:48:51 PM
I think Lisa Lyon is part of the problem. If she doesn't see that Coast is no longer the house that Art built than she may be beyond redemption. Instead of wasting my effort on her, I might try something more fruitful -- like pissing into the wind, perhaps.

dude... you have 63 posts going back to july, and some how, i don't think i've noticed you.  wtf.  welcome to coastgab.

ChewMouse

Quote from: MV on November 01, 2012, 06:00:49 PM

dude... you have 63 posts going back to july, and some how, i don't think i've noticed you.  wtf.  welcome to coastgab.
How could you have missed his lovely cheese hat? Which he has now changed. Anyway, he's been lurking in the CoastGab basement ever since I've been here. Nice enough guy. Just kind of creepery.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ChewMouse on November 01, 2012, 06:05:59 PM
How could you have missed his lovely cheese hat? Which he has now changed. Anyway, he's been lurking in the CoastGab basement ever since I've been here. Nice enough guy. Just kind of creepery.

that is rather odd of me.  who misses a cheese hat?

Quote from: MV on November 01, 2012, 06:00:49 PM

Thanks, my brotha. I pick my spots and then hang low for a while. If you're responsible for the Fine Art stream, I say a hearty thank you, sir.

Quote from: ChewMouse on November 01, 2012, 06:05:59 PM

That's hilarious. I guess I haven't always been as nice as I should, but I'm mellowing with age. LoL

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: TheGrimCreeper1 on November 01, 2012, 06:15:18 PM
Thanks, my brotha. I pick my spots and then hang low for a while. If you're responsible for the Fine Art stream, I say a hearty thank you, sir.

i sent linden my art bell library from the old coastgab stream, but that's where my contribution ends.  the thanks goes to linden.  he runs it entirely.

Quote from: MV on November 01, 2012, 06:09:28 PM

that is rather odd of me.  who misses a cheese hat?

My old avatar:

'nuff said.