• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Leo Ashcraft - Dark Matter News - A Long Side Knight

Started by Waco Kid, August 22, 2015, 10:17:25 AM

coaster

I never really gave the guy a chance. Schulman seems like a pretty good dude. If its worth anything, I apologize for being a dick. Leo is still a gigantic dickhead though and he can go fuck himself.

jneilschulman

Quote from: coaster on December 08, 2015, 05:25:13 PM
I never really gave the guy a chance. Schulman seems like a pretty good dude. If its worth anything, I apologize for being a dick. Leo is still a gigantic dickhead though and he can go fuck himself.

I love making new friends.  :)

paladin1991

Quote from: coaster on December 08, 2015, 05:25:13 PM
There, there.  *strokes, coaster, long and slow*  It's going to get better.  Promise.  *strokes coaster a little longer, a little harder*

zmbabwe

Quote from: paladin1991 on December 09, 2015, 03:47:16 PM
So, does this guy have a show.  Or what?

He cancelled his show.  He now runs the Mutual Broadcast Network. 

trostol

Quote from: zmbabwe on December 13, 2015, 05:39:05 PM
He cancelled his show.  He now runs the Mutual Broadcast Network.

man that website is horrible lol

norland2424

With all the drama here we forgot how crazy leo is..

Leo Ashcraft
December 13 at 3:33pm · Mount Pleasant, TX ·
As most of you have heard - Tuesday night 12/08/2015 was Art Bell's last program. Due to unfortunate circumstances related to stalking/terrorism and other issues I mentioned in September, Art really had no other choice. He chose to put his family's safety first and foremost. Any of us in his position would likely do the same. Yes there were some disagreements between Art and I. Much of this was related to interference coming from a third party inside the organization. It was my decision to leave due to these issues and what I felt strongly would end the program before the end of the year. As some good friends do when fighting - some things were said - daggers were thrown. But I need you to understand that I wish Art no harm and hope he can now enjoy his peace with his family. Art and I have mended bridges over the past month. We have spoken many times through email and phone calls over the past couple of months. Art was in a bad situation with interference from within and then the terroristic actions at his home. While he loves doing the program for you every night - his family and safety must come first.
With all of that said. Several things are about to happen in radio land. I will return very soon to the airwaves. This will happen in stages. Initially Dark Matter News - now know as Dark Thirty News will begin to return. I will begin co-hosting with Jeremy Scott on Dark Thirty Radio on an occasional basis and maybe more later.
Mutual Broadcast is here to absorb the losses created by the downfall of the other network. Already many hosts are taking steps to move programming to our network. As many of you know - Mutual is oriented more towards terrestrial radio affiliate distribution. Something the other network for some strange reason was always against.
Friday Night I enjoyed for the first time since leaving Midnight In the Desert, a three hour interview with Jeremy concerning my departure from MITD, Arts departure from DMDN and our plans going forward in 2016. The program was recorded and is available now in the Mutual archives. If you missed the show, you should check it out in the archive.
More details coming up next week! Stay tuned and thank you so much for all of your support through these very difficult times.

Barfly

Quote from: norland2424 on December 15, 2015, 02:12:52 PM

Leo Ashcraft
As most of you have heard - Tuesday night 12/08/2015 was Art Bell's last program. Due to unfortunate circumstances related to stalking/terrorism and other issues I mentioned in September, Art really had no other choice. He chose to put his family's safety first and foremost. Any of us in his position would likely do the same. Yes there were some disagreements between Art and I. Much of this was related to interference coming from a third party inside the organization. It was my decision to leave due to these issues and what I felt strongly would end the program before the end of the year. As some good friends do when fighting - some things were said - daggers were thrown. But I need you to understand that I wish Art no harm and hope he can now enjoy his peace with his family. Art and I have mended bridges over the past month. We have spoken many times through email and phone calls over the past couple of months. Art was in a bad situation with interference from within and then the terroristic actions at his home. While he loves doing the program for you every night - his family and safety must come first.
With all of that said. Several things are about to happen in radio land. I will return very soon to the airwaves. This will happen in stages. Initially Dark Matter News - now know as Dark Thirty News will begin to return. I will begin co-hosting with Jeremy Scott on Dark Thirty Radio on an occasional basis and maybe more later.
Mutual Broadcast is here to absorb the losses created by the downfall of the other network. Already many hosts are taking steps to move programming to our network. As many of you know - Mutual is oriented more towards terrestrial radio affiliate distribution. Something the other network for some strange reason was always against.
Friday Night I enjoyed for the first time since leaving Midnight In the Desert, a three hour interview with Jeremy concerning my departure from MITD, Arts departure from DMDN and our plans going forward in 2016. The program was recorded and is available now in the Mutual archives. If you missed the show, you should check it out in the archive.
More details coming up next week! Stay tuned and thank you so much for all of your support through these very difficult times.
Interesting but who really cares about Leo?
He is either doing damage control or protecting his own ass..fuck him anyway

K_Dubb

...interference coming from a third party inside the organization.

Haha I think he's still blaming Amy.

If Art has indeed had anything more to do with him, it just confirms that this is how the paranormal-radio game is played.

The Snorchlax

Quote from: Barfly on December 15, 2015, 02:22:18 PM

bateman

Quote from: K_Dubb on December 15, 2015, 02:23:25 PM
Haha I think he's still blaming Amy.

If Art has indeed had anything more to do with him, it just confirms that this is how the paranormal-radio game is played.

I interpreted that as Keith.

Leo Ashcraft
As most of you have heard - Tuesday night 12/08/2015 was Art Bell's last program.

[snip]

Or in other words, I'm not Art's stalker.

K_Dubb

Quote from: bateman on December 15, 2015, 02:27:01 PM
I interpreted that as Keith.

Ah, quite possible!  Either way, the gif still stands.

norland2424

Quote from: Barfly on December 15, 2015, 02:22:18 PM

I don't but i find it funny that hes using hoaglands playbook on staying the main focus of attention.

norland2424

Almost forgot this little gem.

Leo Ashcraft
18 hrs · Mount Pleasant, TX ·
I am finding it terribly amusing how so many continue to make the wrong decision and follow the titanic into the depths. I am thankful though that I wont have to deal with them on a long term basis later with that kind of mental aptitude. -- No this post is not about Obama.. lol.

K_Dubb

Quote from: norland2424 on December 15, 2015, 02:40:06 PM
Almost forgot this little gem.

Leo Ashcraft
18 hrs · Mount Pleasant, TX ·
I am finding it terribly amusing how so many continue to make the wrong decision and follow the titanic into the depths. I am thankful though that I wont have to deal with them on a long term basis later with that kind of mental aptitude. -- No this post is not about Obama.. lol.

Is that before or after the other one?  God, he can't help burning bridges before he's crossed them.

norland2424

Quote from: K_Dubb on December 15, 2015, 02:43:20 PM
Is that before or after the other one?  God, he can't help burning bridges before he's crossed them.

The bigger post is from December 13, the smaller post is from 18 hours ago.

K_Dubb

Quote from: norland2424 on December 15, 2015, 02:45:47 PM
The bigger post is from December 13, the smaller post is from 18 hours ago.

Good Lord.  Somebody with more knowledge than me can probably plot his hormone-cycling with this stuff.

norland2424

Quote from: HedgehogNorman on December 15, 2015, 04:43:36 PM
http://darkthirtynews.com/4821-2/

Dipshit is reposting news from a fake news site.
“That’s when she turned around to run and I grabbed her by the arm. She put up a good fight, and that’s when I tackled her to the ground. Then I heard a loud pop and the lady started screaming. Gooey cookie dough was running down her leg. All hot and runny… it was so damn gross.”

K_Dubb

Quote from: norland2424 on December 15, 2015, 04:45:16 PM
“That’s when she turned around to run and I grabbed her by the arm. She put up a good fight, and that’s when I tackled her to the ground. Then I heard a loud pop and the lady started screaming. Gooey cookie dough was running down her leg. All hot and runny… it was so damn gross.”

You know, I would tune in to hear Leo read that in that velvet voice of his.

LadyFish

Quote from: K_Dubb on December 15, 2015, 04:48:48 PM
You know, I would tune in to hear Leo read that in that velvet voice of his.

I wonder how Leo would pronounce vagina.

zmbabwe

Leo's doing the news on Dark Thirty radio now!  Top of every hour.

the_peeve

Leo just posted this on FB.

2/18/2015 - Today I come to you with this message with a heavy heart as I must announce today that Mutual will cease all production and broadcasts at the end of the year. Our final broadcast will be 12/31/2015. The network is on replay mode from now until December 23rd. Dark Thirty News will have a special live broadcast on that day. I will join in to discuss some aspects of this decision at that point. There will be additional broadcasts the week of the 28th, and then its over. One of the big issues right now is the music licensing. That rates are set to go up astronomically in January. We were already struggling with how we were going to handle the old rates. The new rates simply make this impossible. 2016 will bring a mass exodus of internet streaming radio stations because its simply too expensive to play the music. Something like 55% of the gross income would go to music licensing. Even though the music is only a tiny portion of the overall content of the show. I'm sorry that leaves little left over to work with. I understand we are talk radio primarily, but the music bumpers and segues are a very important element. Not 55% worth of course. But they make the laws - we dont see it financially viable to work under the 2016 model.

The good news: Jeremy intends to continue Dark Thirty Radio as a solo program. Jeremy is going to attempt to do this with Royalty free music. I do hope that it works for him. The links to listen may change - so watch this page for that information. Listen 12/23 for more details on the future of Dark Thirty Radio.

Back to Mutual Broadcast. I started this to provide alternative non-political talk radio. I was in the process of doing this when Art Bell called me in May of 2015. I had already started Mutual Radio News at the time which grew to over 100 affiliates by September 2015. I took on Art Bell's program against the advice of my doctors. I had suffered several heart attacks at the end of 2014. But the opportunity to work with Art was enticing, so I jumped at it. By the end of August however, it was clear that Midnight In The Desert was going to fail. I had been working to fix as many things as possible that were wrong with Rowland's operation. But every step was a fight. Unfortunately Art didn't have the interest or energy to step in. But irregardless progress was made. After much fighting and persuasion - we addressed many of the issues the affiliates were having which prevented them from picking up the show. The big one was XDS satellite distribution. This was a necessary game changer that came too late. The internet broadcast listener base was just to tiny to make this work financially. By the time they said ok for me to negotiate a deal with Westwood One for XDS distribution and getting that in place technically, financially the grim reaper had already arrived.

It was an exciting time - Art bell back on a national distribution platform that was accessible for more than 4000 radio stations in the United States! But there were still some remaining issues the affiliates took issue with. I wont go into those at this time - let me just say they weren't addressed and severely crippled my ability to sign on new affiliates. But the problems with Rowland remained - constant insane arguments and battles over pardon my language - Bullshit. There is a tremendous amount of work that goes into producing a show like this. That's already stressful enough. Then to have this childish behavior going on constantly - it was more than I could take. And as much as I wanted to work with Art Bell - I had to leave. On top of this - the deal that Rowland and I had agreed upon wasnt being honored. He wasn't paying me and when he finally did, months after I had started - it was a fraction of what they owed. Now suddenly the deal we had was something entirely different. But that's on me for not putting it in writing. The problem is I trusted Art Bell. I thought Art Bell was in charge. Clearly it was Keith Rowland in charge and he decided to cut me out of a huge percentage of the income.

I was incensed as anyone would be. I made my position known publicly. Art took it personally and a bit of a fight ensued. But later as things calmed down, it became clear to both of us who the villain really was. Art and I still talk via email and phone calls and as far as I am concerned what happened before is water under the bridge. (Between Art and myself). I feel as though that is the way he sees things as well.

So I left the show and decided to start my own show. I had many offers to do this. But I was exhausted. Remember I wasn't supposed to be working this hard in the first place. But I started a new show with Neil Schulman. We attempted a soft launch over a two week period. Unfortunately that didn't work out due to personality clashes. And along came Jeremy Scott. We clicked instantly and launched Dark 30 on November second. Its been a pleasure working with Jeremy. Beyond this show and network - I am thankful to have found a very good friend and wish him the best of luck with all of this. But all of this BS with Rowland, DMDN, etc nearly caused another heart attack. It forced me back into the hospital and again for ridiculous reasons. For those reasons - "I am out" - as much as I would love to be on the air for you guys and provide other quality programs - my health and family must come first.

Some wrap up on Mutual Broadcast. The feeds to the commercial affiliates will continue until further notice. At some point the address will change. We ill give you ample notice before that happens. Non-commercial affiliates, I am sorry to tell you the feeds are no longer available. Dark 30 Radio does send que tones at each break however. If you would like to continue as an affiliate you could use those tones to replace the commercials with local content during the break. The non commercial stream was created at great expense and does not generate any sort of income. It is very complicated and something that Jeremy will not be interested in maintaining after my departure.
All of this now ends my 30+ years in the broadcast business. Its time for change. What that change for me will be, that's not clear yet. For now I will be taking it easy for awhile.

Thank you all for your support. I wish things could be different. Merry Christmas to you all and the best in this coming new year.

Leo Ashcraft

coaster

I bet his one listener was devastated by the news, but then realized she was married to Leo and could hear his bullshit whenever she wanted. Perhaps with his medical issues he will take some anger management classes.