• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

EvB

Quote from: Frys Girl on June 20, 2009, 11:14:51 PM
The other reason I ask is, I'm about to start recording lectures and yes, posting them for students. I kind of want to edit out the parts when I pause and or cough.

Audacity is free and will do that for you just fine.   http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Frys Girl

Quote from: EvB on June 20, 2009, 11:15:56 PM
Audacity is free and will do that for you just fine.   http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
Ahhhh Thank you! I'm partial to adobe stuff. I'm about to slam down some cash for photoshop, actually. I need to start making literary blog graphics. Shakespeare with a doobie. lol.

11angeleyes11

Quote from: Smoky on June 20, 2009, 10:25:03 PM
wtf! hehe
I'm not even posting anymore. God I love being hated. I'm glad I decided to hang out here tonight instead of playing darts with transvestites like I planned.

So, you had a date with George?

Frys Girl

Why the hell is Ian talking about people who are too skinny? This isn't central Africa or Zimbabwe. We have a McDonalds/Starbucks on every block. Dude he's just reading the drudgereport!

Frys Girl

Quote from: Smoky on June 20, 2009, 11:07:08 PM
a tad oppressive. I mean... being afraid of lawsuits is pansy behavior.
Will you pay the legal bills? Will you pay for the site to run?

MABUSE

I agree, I am a total Adobe-holic myself...mind you, in theory, Marge its work related...in theory...

**M**

Sybil

Quote from: EvB on June 20, 2009, 11:11:19 PM
a VERY nice collection - V - thank you. 

I do have Audition envy.  I use Audacity.  Siiiiiiiiiiigh . . .
I have Audacity too but I don't really use it. I use GarageBand and Peak Pro.

EvB

Quote from: Frys Girl on June 20, 2009, 11:19:20 PM
Why the hell is Ian talking about people who are too skinny? This isn't central Africa or Zimbabwe. We have a McDonalds/Starbucks on every block. Dude he's just reading the drudgereport!

Jason the Horse will be on shortly. 

Time for me to go to bed.

NIGHT!

Frys Girl

Quote from: EvB on June 20, 2009, 11:25:41 PM
Jason the Horse will be on shortly. 

Time for me to go to bed.

NIGHT!
Ok but don't forget: we need to claim the money for charity! Goodnight.

I hope the horse guy is as epic as Ian seems to think it was the last time he was on.

Sybil

Quote from: V for Vendetta on June 20, 2009, 11:08:52 PM
I use Adobe Audition, which has multitrack capability - I also have a huge collection of sound effects - a ton from TV shows, as well as professional sounds from Lucasfilm Studios and Sony Pictures (again - all available on the 'net).
Thanks again for those V, I've put those sound effects to good use:

http://web.me.com/radiofreecake/Radio_Free_Cake/Greetings.html

Smoky

Quote from: Frys Girl on June 20, 2009, 11:23:10 PM
Will you pay the legal bills? Will you pay for the site to run?

I would pay for the site to run but not the legal bills. Why would there be any legal bills if there are no assets to protect?

Smoky

Quote from: Sybil on June 20, 2009, 11:25:13 PM
I have Audacity too but I don't really use it. I use GarageBand and Peak Pro.

Audacity is a good program. I use Sonar with 24 bit m-audio card and native instruments.

Quote from: Smoky on June 20, 2009, 11:34:05 PM
I would pay for the site to run but not the legal bills. Why would there be any legal bills if there are no assets to protect?

I'm pretty sure the ultimate responsibility of a defamation suit based on something said on this site would fall upon Michael's shoulders. That means his assets would have to at least go to the costs of court bureaucracy. I've been to court enough to find out they don't mind charging for inconveniencing you.

Sybil

Quote from: Pirate King Atomsk on June 20, 2009, 11:42:15 PM
I'm pretty sure the ultimate responsibility of a defamation suit based on something said on this site would fall upon Michael's shoulders. That means his assets would have to at least go to the costs of court bureaucracy. I've been to court enough to find out they don't mind charging for inconveniencing you.

It would be hard to proof defamation, especially on someone with no character to begin with. I mean, any post is a joke, or not. Who can really tell?

Take this statement for instance: "George Ralph Noory. WANTED. For broadcasting buggery and crimes too heinous to mention outside a court of law."

Do I mean that as a joke?

Or am I making up a big fat lie to make George look bad and ruin his career/life?

Damn that's a good question! I'm not really sure.

Sybil

Quote from: Smoky on June 20, 2009, 11:35:55 PM
Audacity is a good program. I use Sonar with 24 bit m-audio card and native instruments.
you mean flutes and stuff?

Quote from: Pirate King Atomsk on June 20, 2009, 11:32:22 PM
I hope the horse guy is as epic as Ian seems to think it was the last time he was on.

I wonder if Jason The Horse hangs around the stables surreptitiously getting the inside ,um, poop on who will be winning that day.  Heck, he could even offer a couple extra buckets of oats and a beer to insure a 'W'.

He must be rich.

HAL 9000

Quote from: Frys Girl on June 20, 2009, 11:17:44 PM
Ahhhh Thank you! I'm partial to adobe stuff. I'm about to slam down some cash for photoshop, actually. I need to start making literary blog graphics. Shakespeare with a doobie. lol.

Wait wait wait wait!

Would Adobe Photoshop Elements work for you? I have versions 1-7 (older versions work well for older/slower computers). Also, have almost any version of full Photoshop, but it is, quite honestly, more than most people need. To my surprize, I'd estimate that perhaps upwards of 95% of what PS does, PS Elements can also do. The REAL majic comes from so-called "plugin filters" which can do incredible effects, which are third-party products. PS comes with a basic set, but you'll soon be pining for much more.

PM's are a good way to get more specific information     

Quote from: Sybil on June 21, 2009, 12:00:28 AM

Or am I making up a big fat lie to make George look bad and ruin his career/life?

It's impossible to ruin George.  How would anyone say or do anything to make him look worse than 6 plus years of Coast recordings?

Sybil

Quote from: V for Vendetta on June 21, 2009, 12:05:43 AM
Wait wait wait wait!

Would Adobe Photoshop Elements work for you? I have versions 1-7 (older versions work well for older/slower computers). Also, have almost any version of full Photoshop, but it is, quite honestly, more than most people need. To my surprize, I'd estimate that perhaps upwards of 95% of what PS does, PS Elements can also do. The REAL majic comes from so-called "plugin filters" which can do incredible effects, which are third-party products. PS comes with a basic set, but you'll soon be pining for much more.

PM's are a good way to get more specific information     

I have PS Elements 6 and it's a pain in the ass.

Sybil

Quote from: Paper*Boy on June 21, 2009, 12:07:57 AM
It's impossible to ruin George.  How would anyone say or do anything to make him look worse than 6 plus years of Coast recordings?
That's what I'm sayin'. LOL!

Smoky

Quote from: Sybil on June 21, 2009, 12:02:49 AM
you mean flutes and stuff?

haha no. It's a cool German company that synthesizes real instruments...like a Hammond b3 organ strained through a rotating Leslie speaker. Almost as good as the real thing.

Sybil

Quote from: Paper*Boy on June 21, 2009, 12:07:57 AM

I know, I've been trying for years now.

Surprise surprise, Jason the Horse is coming out with a book.

Purina Horse, umm, chow?

Sybil

Quote from: Smoky on June 21, 2009, 12:13:11 AM
haha no. It's a cool German company that synthesizes real instruments...like a Hammond b3 organ strained through a rotating Leslie speaker. Almost as good as the real thing.

LOL!!!! I get it now! Duh! I was having a noory moment.

Sybil

Quote from: Paper*Boy on June 21, 2009, 12:14:46 AM
Surprise surprise, Jason the Horse is coming out with a book.

Purina Horse, umm, chow?
I heard Jason was the bastard son of Mr. Ed.

Quote from: Sybil on June 21, 2009, 12:00:28 AM
It would be hard to proof defamation, especially on someone with no character to begin with. I mean, any post is a joke, or not. Who can really tell?

Take this statement for instance: "George Ralph Noory. WANTED. For broadcasting buggery and crimes too heinous to mention outside a court of law."

True, true. I doubt it'd ever be defamation. However, all he really has to do is find a post that he says makes him feel 'threatened". If someone feels "threatened" by something someone else says online, apparently you're subject to the law these days.

I just want to make sure people realize that wording is what's really important. You can generally say whatever you want to - it just depends on how you say it. While I don't ever see something like this happening, I have to remind myself that we're dealing with George Noory here.

Quote from: Paper*Boy on June 21, 2009, 12:03:12 AM
I wonder if Jason The Horse hangs around the stables surreptitiously getting the inside ,um, poop on who will be winning that day.  Heck, he could even offer a couple extra buckets of oats and a beer to insure a 'W'.

He must be rich.

He's already creeping me out. I have a feeling this guy has an interesting bedroom life.

Sybil

Quote from: Pirate King Atomsk on June 21, 2009, 12:20:08 AM
He's already creeping me out. I have a feeling this guy has an interesting bedroom life.

OK...are we saying Jason is like a real man? One with a fetish? If so, LOL!!!! I thought this whole time Jason was a horse.

HAL 9000

Quote from: Frys Girl on June 20, 2009, 11:23:10 PM
Will you pay the legal bills?

To be honest FG, I think most of the legal-beagle hype is just that - there is usually nothing to be afraid of... it's mostly like the Big Bad Wolf; where he threatens to huff and puff, and blow your house down. A letter from a lawyer gets most people scared.

I'm not a lawyer, but did take a few classes, and have won every case I've been involved in (not many!)...

but perhaps, most interestingly, was contacted by a Premiere Radio attorney representing Snoory and c2c last year. I, of course, have the transcripts of the emails, and have converted them to "pictures" for easy reading. Maybe I'll post them here someday. Let's just say that he blew hard, but only proved himself to be a blowhard. After my return letter back to him, he was never heard from again.

And specifically, because Snorry is a "public figure," it is EXTREMELY difficult to prove libel or slander. Remember how Larry Craig, the "bathroom senator" who was excoriated by late-night comedians - he would NEVER have prevailed in a court for being accused of, or insinuating he was homosexual.

With that said, I say: Hey Snoron! You're a horse's ass! Just a joke! Hey Snoron - you're a butt-pirate! Just a joke! Hey Snoron - I heard you got "knocked up" by Yankee third baseman Alex Rodriguez... just a joke! Hey Snoron - you SUCK as a radio host... NO JOKE!