• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

VtaGeezer

About the gorilla...it's rather surprising that there's apparently no stringent child-proofing test of the barriers for zoo enclosures.  Any one who's raised kids knows they'll move like lightening and are amazing break-in/out artists.  After seeing a diagram of the set-up it was no surprise that the kid went right through this one in seconds.  Too much concern about aesthetics.  I heard a report that PETA opposes glass barriers; tough shit fools.  That one gorilla was a significant fraction of an endangered population than those fools would sacrifice over anthropomorphic hooey.

GravitySucks

I don't know why, but they s Twitter profile has me fuming. I can't tell if this person is trying to be sarcastic or if they really feel that serving a 4 year term in the "USAF Auxillary" aka Civilian Air Patrol (CAP) due to the attacks on the World Trade Center 9/11 is really noteworthy and patriotic.

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 04, 2016, 08:13:40 PM
I don't know why, but they s Twitter profile has me fuming. I can't tell if this person is trying to be sarcastic or if they really feel that serving a 4 year term in the "USAF Auxillary" aka Civilian Air Patrol (CAP) due to the attacks on the World Trade Center 9/11 is really noteworthy and patriotic.

Says he grew up in hill country. If salfromflushing is talking about Flushing, Queens, there ain't a hill in sight, never has been, unless you count the speed bump in the supermarket parking lot.  ;)

I don't think he's being sarcastic about his patriotic service at all.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on June 05, 2016, 05:36:37 PM
Says he grew up in hill country. If salfromflushing is talking about Flushing, Queens, there ain't a hill in sight, never has been, unless you count the speed bump in the supermarket parking lot.  ;)

I don't think he's being sarcastic about his patriotic service at all.

That is still worse than putting "Selected as 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year" on your LinkedIn profile. Not that I know anyone that has actually done that.

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 05, 2016, 05:44:45 PM
That is still worse than putting "Selected as 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year" on your LinkedIn profile. Not that I know anyone that has actually done that.

I'll bet I know someone who's put "Selected as 2006 High Times Person of the Year" on LinkedIn.  ;D

Hautex

Sonic Drive-in's need to stop the annoying dudes in their commercials from EVER making another one... Old Clara from Wendy's "where's the beef" fame is academy award material after putting up with these 2 "mowrons".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRr1t8IkdyU

MV/Liberace!

When a person dies and some asshole reflexively advises the bereaved in a feigned tone of reassurance, "Let me know if there's anything I can do."

Yes.  You can go fuck yourself.  That is something you can do.  After you take care of my grocery shopping.

Juan

This tropical storm and the people who drive in the rain.

Rix Gins

Got a recorded message on my phone that kind of sounded like this:  "You haff dis oppurtunetee to avoid a Grann Jury indictment by calling this noomber and follow instructions over phone.  If you 'done call, Grann Jury will indict. So call ***-***-****.  Help us helps you." 

Imagine that.  An illegal alien calling me up to say that I was the one who broke a law.  Priceless!   

albrecht

Quote from: Rix Gins on June 06, 2016, 08:59:10 PM
Got a recorded message on my phone that kind of sounded like this:  "You haff dis oppurtunetee to avoid a Grann Jury indictment by calling this noomber and follow instructions over phone.  If you 'done call, Grann Jury will indict. So call ***-***-****.  Help us helps you." 

Imagine that.  An illegal alien calling me up to say that I was the one who broke a law.  Priceless!
Yes, I especially enjoy the Caribbean accented calls I get from the IRS.
My 'thing that annoys me' for today is TRAFFIC CIRCLES and/or Round-abouts (terms vary on region and purpose/traffic-flow rights) the urban-planners who insist on bringing them here in increasingly. They suck in Europe, they suck in the UK (going opposite directions) and they suck in DC (though in deference to our Masonic masters I will allow them there since the grid-symbolism stuff etc.) I get that in theory, maybe, they help traffic flow or slow it down (in some cases) but they suck. Maybe when every car, bicycle, motorcycle, etc is AI controlled they will work. Otherwise they suck.

Hautex

After over a decade of thinking DirecTV was the cats ass, I kicked them to the curb and had DISH installed.. What a difference! Half the cost for the same programming, better resolution and much faster reaction time when I use the remote.... No more of the numerous advertisements in the guide.... It was worth the $150.00 early-out penalty. The unexpected surprise was that when I called to cancel them, I was almost immediately  transferred to an agent in the USA instead of the usual 1/2hr minimum wait to talk to India.... Adi-fuckin'-os directv....

My rather attractive Congresswoman got ousted in a Primary today by some Boss Hawg looking
goober that came over into our district after some re-districting messiness.    She is a nurse by trade
so I guess it ain't cool to have a non-attorney up on the Hill.

Don't know much about the goober other than he spent a shit load of bucks on the primary and
of course the fact he gives me the eebies.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on June 07, 2016, 09:02:08 PM
Don't know much about the goober other than he spent a shit load of bucks on the primary and
of course the fact he gives me the eebies.

He bears a strong resemblance to MV's next avatar.

Quote from: aldousburbank on June 07, 2016, 09:13:00 PM
He bears a strong resemblance to MV's next avatar.

I like it.   All of Bellgab must share NC District #2's pain

Here is a little better on for MV:

zeebo

Annoying lady with the cell phone today ...

1.  Your ringtone was that awful Coldplay song
2.  You had it set to escalate volume with each ring
3.  It was at the bottom of your purse so by the time you fished it out it was blaring full volume
4.  You had a long convo about which frozen foods to pick up later at the store
5.  This was in the reading room of the public library

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: zeebo on June 09, 2016, 12:37:13 AM

3.  It was at the bottom of your purse so by the time you fished it out it was blaring full volume

Hi! How are you? I'm the center of the universe. Nice to meet you!  ::)  :D

Quote from: zeebo on June 09, 2016, 12:37:13 AM

Maybe she was hitting on you

Quote from: MV on June 06, 2016, 12:52:37 PM
When a person dies and some asshole reflexively advises the bereaved in a feigned tone of reassurance, "Let me know if there's anything I can do."

But that's what you're supposed to say when you really mean, "Crap, someone you know died?! This is awkward. I need to get the hell out of here."

Quote from: MV on June 06, 2016, 12:52:37 PM
Yes.  You can go fuck yourself.  That is something you can do.  After you take care of my grocery shopping.

You can't bring back the dead, but that doesn't mean you have to go hungry.

Quote from: Paper*Boy on June 09, 2016, 08:40:11 AM
Maybe she was hitting on you

It depends, what was she saying that she was picking up at the store along with the frozen foods? Cucumbers, carrots, mayonnaise? (that last one was a Falkie insider joke)

zeebo

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on June 09, 2016, 09:19:55 AM
It depends, what was she saying that she was picking up at the store along with the frozen foods? Cucumbers, carrots, mayonnaise? (that last one was a Falkie insider joke)

Hmm I think she said something about 'hot tamales'.  Damn, maybe I should've flirted with her, but hard to look cool while skimming a harry potter book.

Juan

Tell her you're monitoring the book.

Hautex

Ancient Alien Theorists Say YES

of course they do

starrmtn001

Sometimes, starrmtn001 annoys the HELL outta me. ::)

albrecht

unwaxed. No, not that. But floss. But after tonight I decide to look up (bad mistake) maybe the wax kind is bad? I always hated the unwaxed cause tough to get in and breaks easily (and likely worse to use en masse as an escape tool) but now? I wonder also, wtf, putting "wax" inside our teeth? Maybe that is a part of the dentistry conspiracy?  ;) One website even says the "wax" is Teflon (sorry DuPont, don't remember how to make the trademark.)

Quote from: albrecht on June 11, 2016, 09:48:10 PM
unwaxed. No, not that. But floss. But after tonight I decide to look up (bad mistake) maybe the wax kind is bad? I always hated the unwaxed cause tough to get in and breaks easily (and likely worse to use en masse as an escape tool) but now? I wonder also, wtf, putting "wax" inside our teeth? Maybe that is a part of the dentistry conspiracy?  ;) One website even says the "wax" is Teflon (sorry DuPont, don't remember how to make the trademark.)

I was wondering where this was  headed until I read the "floss" part and drew a giant sigh of relief.  :P

I agree about the waxed vs unwaxed. It all seems so much like a discussion on some hipster site about mustaches. Of course, for Our Hero, that would be shoe polished vs unshoe polished.

As for floss, I stand shoulder to shoulder with the users of waxed.