• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Steve Warner's Dark City

Started by bateman, October 27, 2013, 03:54:49 PM

bateman

That Gunship stuff is fantastic.

bateman

Here is the live show, thanks to brig.

Jackstar

I don't think the new guy is working out.

Thanks to darling Brig <3, I finally got a chance to listen to the test show.

Gosh, it's nice to hear some engagement and conversation. You'd do swell with a regular live show, and I'd happily subscribe.

Unscreened Caller was fantastic, her no nonsense NEW YAWK read of the Art Bell disaster was perfect. Lou(?) was great too, who knew the etymology of sneakers was so fascinating?

Thanks for the free entertainment!

Lilith

Quote from: malachi.martini on January 26, 2016, 08:03:17 PM

Gosh, it's nice to hear some engagement and conversation. You'd do swell with a regular live show, and I'd happily subscribe.

Unscreened Caller was fantastic, her no nonsense NEW YAWK read of the Art Bell disaster was perfect. Lou(?) was great too, who knew the etymology of sneakers was so fascinating?

I'm just thankful bateman has it, and it wasn't lost forever.  It wouldn't surprise me at all if it turned out to be a meaningful piece of radio history, even tho it was "only a test".   I wish bateman a fun, interesting and successful future!! 

So Say We ALL!!  ....even Jackstar.

trostol

test of the emergency bateman system..it is only a test

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: malachi.martini on January 26, 2016, 08:03:17 PM

Yeah but now we're all Jonesing for more  :(

bateman

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 26, 2016, 08:18:34 PM

I still haven't put out the Zoltan Istvan interview, I might be able to get that out by the end of the week.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: bateman on January 26, 2016, 08:25:04 PM
I still haven't put out the Zoltan Istvan interview, I might be able to get that out by the end of the week.

Cool! I hope you keep doing live shows too though  ;)

Lilith

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 26, 2016, 08:18:34 PM

Yeah, DarkCityLiveE2  ;D

trostol

so..i am watching TOS and its early still..Mudd's women..you need a guest like that..a con man type...grifter..something like that would be cool

also someone like a Harry Anderson..or Ricky Jay...

Ciardelo

Quote from: brig on January 26, 2016, 08:12:53 PM
I'm just thankful bateman has it, and it wasn't lost forever.  It wouldn't surprise me at all if it turned out to be a meaningful piece of radio history, even tho it was "only a test".   I wish bateman a fun, interesting and successful future!! 

So say we all brig! And don't worry, I had your back the whole time ;) It is an interesting piece of radio history. No way could we let it pass unnoticed.

Praise brig!  :-*
Praise bateman!

Quote from: trostol on January 26, 2016, 08:41:10 PM
so..i am watching TOS and its early still..Mudd's women..you need a guest like that..a con man type...grifter..something like that would be cool

also someone like a Harry Anderson..or Ricky Jay...
Second the idea.  Hey, if you like that theme, check out House of Games, 1987, directed by David Mamet and featuring...Ricky Jay!

littlechris

Quote from: brig on January 26, 2016, 08:12:53 PM

Thank You Momma Briggies.  (BIG HUGS).

trostol

Quote from: Étouffée on January 26, 2016, 09:01:11 PM
Second the idea.  Hey, if you like that theme, check out House of Games, 1987, directed by David Mamet and featuring...Ricky Jay!

love Ricky Jay..was in one of my favorite X-Files Episodes

Faustina

Quote from: bateman on January 26, 2016, 06:38:59 PM

Yay!  I thought it was an interesting show (good calls, when they finally come through) and wanted to hear it again. 

Hopefully another LIVE show with calls this weekend(?).  If you do, I feel you should work a bit harder to advertise it beforehand; not only here, but on FB and Twitter.  I think that will get the show more listeners calling in.

Btw, I enjoyed the short discussion on politics.  Not surprised to hear that you're a Libertarian.  I sort of thought you would be.  I am too.

Faustina

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 26, 2016, 08:26:54 PM
Cool! I hope you keep doing live shows too though  ;)

Live shows are more exciting.  There's a certain electricity that comes from the immediacy that what you're listening to is going down right there and then in real-time.  I guess I feel that way after years of listening to Art live.  You never know what's going to happen, esp. since he took unscreened calls. 

serenity

Ya think? Lol. Come on Bateman, your back on the horse, time to use the spurs. Good show. You are a natural for live stuff. New shows will be put in rotation on Alien Dreams ass soon as I can get them. One of us is gonna need a bigger drive. So have you decided on a solid date and time for ep2 yet?

We need more Batemen

So say we all! 

Lilith

Quote from: serenity on January 27, 2016, 06:19:59 PM
Ya think? Lol. Come on Bateman, your back on the horse, time to use the spurs. Good show. You are a natural for live stuff. New shows will be put in rotation on Alien Dreams ass soon as I can get them. One of us is gonna need a bigger drive. So have you decided on a solid date and time for ep2 yet?

We need more Batemen

So say we all!

SO SAY WE ALL!!!

BellBoy

Quote from: bateman on January 26, 2016, 06:38:59 PM

Fuck! From the throes of my deathbed, Monday and Tuesday, I completely missed this. I'm giving it a listen now.

Thanks Brig! You're a goddamn star, you are!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mS2YJ8f7u8U

Chine

Listening to the live show now!

Hi, everyone.  :)

Chine

Just finished listening and that was such a good show. I enjoyed hearing everyone who called in. Unscreened , so nice to hear you again. Who was the last guy that called in? Lou?

Steve, you guys were discussing a Jack the Ripper show you had on, if I heard correctly. What episode is that in your archives?

Thanks and looking forward to more.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Chine on January 28, 2016, 09:29:41 PM
Just finished listening and that was such a good show. I enjoyed hearing everyone who called in. Unscreened , so nice to hear you again. Who was the last guy that called in? Lou?

Steve, you guys were discussing a Jack the Ripper show you had on, if I heard correctly. What episode is that in your archives?

Probably this one: https://soundcloud.com/darkcityfm/was-hh-holmes-jack-the-ripper

akwilly

Quote from: Chine on January 28, 2016, 09:29:41 PM

was a great show but doubt the guest will be on any more of Steve's shows