• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

cosmic hobo

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 19, 2015, 07:50:23 AM
It's sound like your 'coffee' came from Colombia with extra marching powder this morning. I wish I could share your optimism. If that really was the case then Art is a total dick for stringing people along the way he has.

Tell us how you really feel about Art SV?

You have conveniently chosen a "can't lose" position where you get to call Art a dick no matter what transpires.

Personally I think any announcement will be positive. Why would he urge people to join his Public page and join as a TT only to quit? That doesn't make sense. I bet you that that new Public page will get a ton of likes as a result of this and I have a feeling that that may have been the reason for the cryptic messages.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: cosmic hobo on September 19, 2015, 08:01:53 AM
Tell us how you really feel about Art SV?

You have conveniently chosen a "can't lose" position where you get to call Art a dick no matter what transpires.

Personally I think any announcement will be positive. Why would he urge people to join his Public page and join as a TT only to quit? That doesn't make sense. I bet you that that new Public page will get a ton of likes as a result of this and I have a feeling that that may have been the reason for the cryptic messages.

Fair enough. I can't speak highly enough of him as a broadcaster, but some of the other stuff doesn't endear me to him particularly. It's not about being 'right' one way or the other as I don't have a clue what it is all about. He knows perfectly well that speculation on here goes mad whenever he says anything, and to tease people like this is not simply giving them fair warning of an announcement, it is also messing with them a bit. He has done stuff like this a lot before and shit's getting old.

Why go to the lengths of fucking around with people over a weekend? The people who are actually his biggest supporters? This isn't about drumming up publicity because the new ones he wants won't know what's going on anyway. It's a part of his personality to do something like this, and I wish he'd be a little more adult about it. If I knew someone like this in person who was in the habit of pulling this shit then we'd have words, and I guess you would too, unless you're a total pussy.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 19, 2015, 12:49:15 AM
The trouble is, you can only do that a certain number of times before people figure out you're full of shit. At least for me, it's getting a bit old. Buzz is one thing, head games are another. Also, quite often people make a fuss out of something because they know that it is actually not all that significant and are just trying to create interest out of something that is basically uninteresting. This whole thing about it being a 'shock' for some sounds like that. But, it is a miserable day here and I am in a bad mood so what do I know?  ;)

SV it's a given that you're a smart guy and all but you are missing the point. Art is a marketing, business and talented genus.

Talent: There are only a hand full of broadcasters that could retire multiple time, then come back to dominate the playing field.

Business: Even with his tremendous talent, he needs the business savvy to put  together the Deals and take advantage of oppurtnities as they present themselves and discard other less lucrative ones.

Marketing: The rub recently against Art is that he is somewhat of a Drama queen, alienating his fans and using out dated marketing tools. Bet'cha Art has a good laugh when reads those posts.
Art 'fully' understands that people need to be brought along to accept a different course than the one they have been accustom too. It takes time for people to adjust their thinking. Nothing new here people are people and have always been that way. So with the adjustment at hand that Art is going to make, he has been skillfully bring people along. A few weeks ago makes his change to No Limits, I assumed that meant that Art is going to make a change to get more listeners (income).

Anyway, Art knows, that no matter what the No Limits change will be, certain fans will have problems and its also paramount to keep his brand before the public eye while not damaging it and build excitement at the same time. Art has addressed all these issues with his latest brilliant tease one liner tweets and posts. And when considering normal advertising costs and what Art had paid and will pay for his No Limits change to increase revenues, he is an internet marketing genius.

The goal should be for Art, which I'm confident that it is; to be wildly successful "No Limits" so he can employ a hard working talented staff to deal with 'details' so he can enjoy himself, doing the things he loves.

chefist

I am amazed at how well the "hook" has worked this time! Both the positive and negative theorists have flooded the threads with their thoughts and emotions. 

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 19, 2015, 01:10:10 AM
I would have thought a more sensible idea would be to keep his base happy while trying to broaden his appeal at the same time. I don't see Art as a brilliant publicity genius, as his idea for ambushing radio stations the other week demonstrated. He's been out of the game for a long time, and things move on. Don't assume he has all of the answers because he clearly doesn't.

^^^So much this^^^^

SredniVashtar

Quote from: WhiteCrow on September 19, 2015, 08:20:19 AM
SV it's a given that you're a smart guy

At least we are agreed on something.

Talent: There are only a hand full broadcasters that could retire multiple time, then come back to dominate the playing field.

True, but the prima donna antics only work because the pool of talent is puddle deep. There's nothing else out there to even be a modest challenge in terms of quality. There really is no competition. Actors who get a bad reputation for unreliability - no matter how good they are - find themselves out of work. It's not just about how good you are, it's about showing up and doing the job. Noory might not be able to organise a fuck in a brothel but at least you know that mushmouth is going to be reliable, even if it's just reliably shitty.

Business: Even with his tremendous talent, he needs the business savvy to put  together the Deals and take advantage of oppurtnities as they present themselves and discard other less lucrative ones.

He can that without buggering around the people who are actually trying to help him.

Marketing: The rub recently against Art is that he is somewhat of a Drama queen, alienating his fans and using out dated marketing tools. Bet'cha Art has a good laugh when reads those posts.

I'm sure he does because he clearly likes to fuck with people. Art is the definition of a drama queen. What was that balled-up idea for phoning stations and saying 'MITD', giggling like a dumbass, and then putting the phone down? I don't think acting like come sort of cracked-out PT Barnum is going to help his reputation, or suggest that he exactly has the whole situation under his fingertips. He sounds like he's winging it, and has been doing so ever since he thought about coming back.

Art 'fully' understands that people need to be brought along to accept a different course than the one they have been accustom too. It takes time for people to adjust their thinking. Nothing new here people are people and have always been that way. So with the adjustment at hand that Art is going to make, he has been skillfully bring people along. A few weeks ago makes his change to No Limits, I assumed that meant that Art is going to make a change to get more listeners (income). Hey give me some credit here, I got that out of him.
Anyway, Art knows, that no matter what the No Limits change will be, certain fans will have problems and its also paramount to keep his brand before the public eye while not damaging it and build excitement at the same time. Art has addressed all these issues with his latest brilliant tease one liner tweets and posts. And when considering normal advertising cost and what Art paid and will pay for No Limits is marketing genius.

I'd like to address this but am handicapped by not knowing what the blistering fuck you're going on about. I'll be charitable and assume you are drunk off your ass. Looking at some of the comments on here they should be adding Art Bell Kool-Aid to the MITD tampons that have currently run out of stock.

Quote from: chefist on September 19, 2015, 08:32:33 AM
I am amazed at how well the "hook" has worked this time! Both the positive and negative theorists have flooded the threads with their thoughts and emotions.

Throwing red meat to the dogs always works. That's why it's done.

SredniVashtar

It's pointless to try and hook the people who are already hooked, i.e us. It's just self-destructive. By all means, do something innovative to try and spread the word, but treat the people who are on your side with respect. The toad eaters on here who think that Art's farts smell like parma violets do him, and us, no favours. Call him out on this shit and let him answer it!

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 19, 2015, 08:54:14 AM
It's pointless to try and hook the people who are already hooked, i.e us. It's just self-destructive. By all means, do something innovative to try and spread the word, but treat the people who are on your side with respect. The toad eaters on here who think that Art's farts smell like parma violets do him, and us, no favours. Call him out on this shit and let him answer it!

God, Sredni. You are in rare form today. And completely correct in your declarations.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 19, 2015, 08:43:22 AM

Anyway, Art knows, that no matter what the No Limits change will be, certain fans will have problems and its also paramount to keep his brand before the public eye while not damaging it and build excitement at the same time. Art has addressed all these issues with his latest brilliant tease one liner tweets and posts. And when considering normal advertising costs and what Art had paid and will pay for his No Limits change to increase revenues, he is an internet marketing genius.

The goal should be for Art, which I'm confident that it is; to be wildly successful "No Limits" so he can employ a hard working talented staff to deal with 'details' so he can enjoy himself, doing the things he loves.

I'd like to address this but am handicapped by not knowing what the blistering fuck you're going on about. I'll be charitable and assume you are drunk off your ass. Looking at some of the comments on here they should be adding Art Bell Kool-Aid to the MITD tampons that have currently run out of stock.

You may not know what "I'm going on about" but Mr. Bell the marketing, talent and business genius, certainly does.

SV... to quote Clint "a man's got'sta know his limitations"  Give your arrogant nature a rest and study yours.
You have way to much potential to limit yourself, take your blinders off boy.

Now lets get back to what's important:
Art tweeted:

Art Bell
‏@ArtBell51
White Crow it's +1 on the numbers

Mom sez, Art is down with plan and will be there.

BellBoy

Quote from: Art Bell on September 17, 2015, 09:13:50 PM
There is a lot going on but MV has told me not to speak of it yet.

Art

Quote from: stevenotero on September 18, 2015, 05:27:56 PM

https://www.facebook.com/ArtBell51/posts/433079543547874

Then, hours and hours and hours of drama, drama and more drama...

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 19, 2015, 08:54:14 AM

I'm glad I instead went down to the pub for England vs Fiji (and four or five too many) with my mates last night!

But, seriously Art, WTF??

FallenSeraph

******THOUGHTS AND EMOTIONS*******

At least I got to hear the GIS EVP people talk to Art again. That was cool.

*wanders off to the mournful sound of Taps playing*

https://youtu.be/Wn_iz8z2AGw

ItsOver

The "shock" and "hate" campaign.  Art's getting a divorce, marrying George Noory and honeymooning in Kentucky.  That must be it.

chefist

Quote from: ItsOver on September 19, 2015, 09:44:22 AM
The "shock" and "hate" campaign.  Art's getting a divorce, marrying George Noory and honeymooning in Kentucky.  That must be it.

Honeymooning exploring Mel's hole!

TigerLily

The responses here to Art's messages are like reading the results of a personality/emotional Rorschach test.  Who sees utter doom.  Who is trusting and upbeat. Who's worried, who's completely pissed off. Who doesn't give a sh@t (hi Onan). One thing to remember is we're hard core fans and his messages are not just for us and his base but to the whole world. Which btw does not revolve around us.
Personally, I'm still of the mind it's going to be good news. Why new FB site and urging people to join TT if he's quitting or even going corporate. It may be expansion into more and bigger terrestrial stations but I think now he knows he has the clout to do it his way.  Maybe it's DMDR expansion adding Dreamland and LMH's show and current TTers will get a package deal.
Maybe I'm all wet and have no idea what I'm talking about (very likely) but I hope my Rorschach results are "rational optimist"

whoozit

Quote from: TigerLily on September 19, 2015, 09:47:59 AM
The responses here to Art's messages are like reading the results of a personality/emotional Rorschach test.  Who sees utter doom.  Who is trusting and upbeat. Who's worried, who's completely pissed off. Who doesn't give a sh@t (hi Onan). One thing to remember is we're hard core fans and his messages are not just for us and his base but to the whole world. Which btw does not revolve around us.
Personally, I'm still of the mind it's going to be good news. Why new FB site and urging people to join TT if he's quitting or even going corporate. It may be expansion into more and bigger terrestrial stations but I think now he knows he has the clout to do it his way.  Maybe it's DMDR expansion adding Dreamland and LMH's show and current TTers will get a package deal.
Maybe I'm all wet and have no idea what I'm talking about (very likely) but I hope my Rorschach results are "rational optimist"
Interesting place, isn't it.

FallenSeraph

I'm all for utter doom. People are way the hell too peppy for me.

He's been hinting that the world is going to end in September.

I think he and Hoagland are going to pair up, with Hoagie hosting many nights. Perhaps in a better chair, with better phones.

We should figure out a way to start a pool and make some money with these predictions.

ItsOver

Quote from: Seraphim27 on September 19, 2015, 09:58:39 AM
I'm all for utter doom. People are way the hell too peppy for me.

He's been hinting that the world is going to end in September.

I think he and Hoagland are going to pair up, with Hoagie hosting many nights. Perhaps in a better chair, with better phones.

We should figure out a way to start a pool and make some money with these predictions.

Noooooo!  I want that squeaky chair and phone racket.  It's so Hoagie.  Brrraaappps!

Dateline

Quote from: popple on September 18, 2015, 10:19:01 PM
Let off some steam @ the club 19.5 Galaxy Bowl-O-Rama! It opens after midnight.

Is that on Mars, and is it me or do I see a face on one of the bowling balls?

ItsOver

Quote from: Dateline on September 19, 2015, 10:15:57 AM
Is that on Mars, and is it me or do I see a face on one of the bowling balls?
A great place to bowl.  19.5 lanes.

TigerLily

SredniVashtar

Quote from: WhiteCrow on September 19, 2015, 09:10:20 AM
SV... to quote Clint "a man's got'sta know his limitations"

The trouble is, I haven't found mine yet.

Give your arrogant nature a rest.

Some people have a lot to be arrogant about.

You have way to much potential to limit yourself, take your blinders off boy

I don't know who this boy is you are talking about. That tame little slap might have carried slightly more weight (although we are talking about the strength of a gnat's sneeze here) if you'd remembered the comma. If you'd like me to correct any more trite BS then I am always here to help.

AppealPlay

The end is nigh.  Trying to source a manhole cover.

anunnaki

Quote from: Freyja on September 19, 2015, 06:24:22 AM
Add the other words Art used that pop out: "shock" and "sorry". So now we have "shock, hate  & sorry". The sum of those words doesn't look very positive to me.

For this long time listener, I am so sick of Art's toying and jerking around his long time listeners. Melodrama is an understatement and Art playing his silly games again is starting to really make me angry.

As always, Well Said !

NoMoreNoory

I had a most strange experience last night when I took the dog out and took Art in headphones with me. I was sure I recognized the voice of the guest, but couldn't place it. As I came back through the door, I heard Earth 2.0 and Kepler and thought 'Deja Vu. I've come in with the dog and heard exactly this before.' Then I realised it wasn't déjà Vu, it was a repeat (I must time these late night strolls well) and placed the voice of the guest as the douche with the Yanni haircut, the flannel shorts and the apricot shirt and the spurious credentials.
I won't try to second guess this, and his disappearance last night seems ominous, while his message suggests 'some' not 'all' will be unhappy.
I sort of agree with the Sredni side of the argument. This is a shitty thing to do. Just make the announcement, don't turn it into a drama. Art is a serial offender in this direction after all, and is the business genius who signed a contract with a subscription channel and then had a conniption because it wasn't free. He'd start a row in the graveyard and since Day One of this most recent return I've been waiting for the moment it would crash and burn again. I don't think it's going to be the end, and I hope it isn't.
Is he going to make the announcement on air on Monday or just slide it out on FB?

TigerLily

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 19, 2015, 10:35:14 AM

Some people have a lot to be arrogant about.

Some people are delusional

SredniVashtar

Quote from: BellBoy on September 19, 2015, 09:18:13 AM
I'm glad I instead went down to the pub for England vs Fiji (and four or five too many) with my mates last night!

I am so apathetic about the rugby that I hardly knew it was on, and I only live a few miles from Twickers. Spending the evening in a crowded boozer among a bunch of inebriated rugger buggers doesn't sound like my idea of a good time, but some seem to like all that homo-erotic bonding. Not to mention the endless bloody songs. I have blown my sporting load for the next few months now that we have the Ashes back in the hands of the angels.

Sorry, got off topic.

Fuck you, Art!  ;)

SredniVashtar

Quote from: TigerLily on September 19, 2015, 10:48:38 AM
Some people are delusional

Still, at least you are facing up to it. That's the first step on the road to recovery.

munbeam666

Quote from: serenity on September 19, 2015, 07:17:31 AM
I may be a bit too positive for this time of the morning but in my gut I think he means those words for the people that don't like Art or are in competition with him.  It's a thought anyway. Damn it's going to be a long weekend!
I agree, I've been a long time listener and have experienced Art's ups and downs over the years (some of the downs he has experienced, were unfortunitely, under very tragic circumstances, and I'm surprised he still wants to broadcast)
BUT he just upgraded his fb page, has announced over the last week or two that interesting stuff was going to be happening soon, sent word to MV not to reveal any news (where is MV, BTW?...hes been absent the last several days), all before these recent cryptic messages were posted....

anunnaki

Perhaps Art has a reason for teasing and revelling in our reactions, that we have overlooked.

Maybe for him at age 70; going away for the weekend, it works BETTER than The Blue Pill  ::)