• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Election night 2016

Started by bateman, November 08, 2016, 11:02:51 AM

bateman

Honestly, I was never a huge Trump supporter, but the destruction of the Bushes, Clintons and SJWs was worth the price of admission.

Quote from: JesusJuice on November 09, 2016, 02:23:56 AM
I guess he's disqualified from being president now. Oh well.

Frankly, he`s never been qualified to be POTUS, BUT that doesn`t mean he can`t be elected POTUS.

the easy part is over. Now he has to deliver the goods. I hope to God he can.

136 or 142

Quote from: zeebo on November 09, 2016, 02:39:13 AM
All slogans are useless including "Change we can believe in", "Lean forward", "Stronger together" etc

Sure, but Hillary Clinton also had detailed policy proposals.  Trump (and his supporters) seem to believe his slogans actually are policies.

I've checked the Trump campaign web site on its actual list of policies.  It's mostly incoherent and nonsensical. 

Quote from: zeebo on November 09, 2016, 02:39:13 AM
All slogans are useless including "Change we can believe in", "Lean forward", "Stronger together" etc

"Deal me in", "I am with her", "Move America Forward"

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: bateman on November 09, 2016, 02:40:15 AM
Honestly, I was never a huge Trump supporter, but the destruction of the Bushes, Clintons and SJWs was worth the price of admission.

+ A Billion!

136 or 142

Again, the SJWs haven't been destroyed.  Let's see what happens in the next election in just two years.

trostol

pretty much this..all those that were on the losing side and crying about it now literally do not see this for what it is..to get out of the cycle of the establishment and perhaps shed light on the fact there needs to be some fix for the party system and election process

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 136 or 142 on November 09, 2016, 02:40:58 AM
Sure, but Hillary Clinton also had detailed policy proposals.  Trump (and his supporters) seem to believe his slogans actually are policies.

I've checked the Trump campaign web site on its actual list of policies.  It's mostly incoherent and nonsensical.

HEY! YOU LOST!  :D

zeebo

Quote from: 136 or 142 on November 09, 2016, 02:40:58 AM

Pretty fair criticism actually.  I'm sort of hoping he can at least delegate to competent people who are good w/ the details.

136 or 142

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 09, 2016, 02:42:17 AM
HEY! YOU LOST!  :D

Hillary Clinton is actually almost certainly going to win the popular vote.  Trump has a solid electoral college vote victory, but he hardly has a resounding personal mandate. 

If anything, Paul Ryan in some ways has a bigger mandate.  His Congressional Republicans lost a net of something like 10-15 seats.

Quote from: trostol on November 09, 2016, 02:22:58 AM
everyone wants to compare him to Hitler..but didn't Hitler do some good things before he went ape shit mad?

I hate to burst your bubble, but Hitler was ALWAYS ape shit crazy. He didn`t do ANYTHING good. Nothing. He was persecuting the Jews as early as 1933.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 136 or 142 on November 09, 2016, 02:44:54 AM
Hillary Clinton is actually almost certainly going to win the popular vote.  Trump has a solid electoral college vote victory, but he hardly has a resounding personal mandate. 

If anything, Paul Ryan in some ways has a bigger mandate.  His Congressional Republicans lost a net of something like 10-15 seats.

Oh boy! 4 years of your whining.  ::)

136 or 142

Quote from: zeebo on November 09, 2016, 02:44:32 AM
Pretty fair criticism actually.  I'm sort of hoping he can at least delegate to competent people who are good w/ the details.

Sure, but delegate to people to implement what policies?  You voted for a person (I assume you voted for Trump) on the basis of "I have no idea what he actually wants to do as President and I hope he finds good people to tell him what he should do"?

I can understand if you mainly voted to prevent Hillary Clinton from becoming President, but, and not to go after you personally too much, I'd say that is an abdication of your democratic responsibility as well as a kind of indictment of democracy itself.

zeebo

Quote from: 136 or 142 on November 09, 2016, 02:44:54 AM
...If anything, Paul Ryan in some ways has a bigger mandate.  His Congressional Republicans lost a net of something like 10-15 seats.

Alot of people hate the guy but he's one of the few politicians from either party I can actually stand to listen to.  He's well-versed in the policy stuff and seems to have a kind of old-school big picture view of how consensus-building works or is supposed to at least.

136 or 142

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 09, 2016, 02:46:16 AM

You haven't been whining during the last 8 years? ::)

trostol

Quote from: FightTheFuture on November 09, 2016, 02:45:06 AM
I hate to burst your bubble, but Hitler was ALWAYS ape shit crazy. He didn`t do ANYTHING good. Nothing. He was persecuting the Jews as early as 1933.

hate to burst your bubble..but i never had a bubble about hitler..i asked a fuckign question and you decided to be a douche about it

chefist

RIP Donald Noory...gone too soon.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: trostol on November 09, 2016, 02:48:35 AM
hate to burst your bubble..but i never had a bubble about hitler..i asked a fuckign question and you decided to be a douche about it

They can't help it. It's who they are.  ;)

zeebo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 09, 2016, 02:46:16 AM

I've gotta start watching MSNBC again, it's gonna be like a B-movie melodrama over there lol.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 136 or 142 on November 09, 2016, 02:47:11 AM
Sure, but delegate to people to implement what policies?  You voted for a person (I assume you voted for Trump) on the basis of "I have no idea what he actually wants to do as President and I hope he finds good people to tell him what he should do"?

I can understand if you mainly voted to prevent Hillary Clinton from becoming President, but, and not to go after you personally too much, I'd say that is an abdication of your democratic responsibility as well as a kind of indictment of democracy itself.

Well, then, let me be clear: GO FUCK YOURSELF, LOSER!!!  >:( :P

Premature at best; totally inaccurate at worst. Trump has won a historic election. Great. Now, we`ll see if he can deliver on the YUUGGEE promises he made to get all the uneducated working class whites to vote for him,  e.g. building the wall, rebuilding infrastructure, rebuilding the inner cities, bring back industry to the rust belt, replacing "Obamacare" and on and on and on.

136 or 142

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 09, 2016, 02:52:11 AM
Well, then, let me be clear: GO FUCK YOURSELF, LOSER!!!  >:( :P

That wasn't addressed to you.

136 or 142

Trump won 1 electoral vote in Maine.

I think it's possible the vote percentages for the main party's Presidential candidates may end up being the exact same as in 2000.

Quote from: trostol on November 09, 2016, 02:48:35 AM

You asked a dumb fucking question. Idiot.

pate

Quote from: zeebo on November 09, 2016, 02:44:32 AM

Secret Squirrel!  I apologize, but I am experiencing a bit o' the old euphoria.  You seem to be dressed for this occasion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdI8oGhDZ-E

Could you check the O2 levels on my suit?  I canna reach the controls, the Beam me Yup system moved them to a spot where I canna reach.  You seem well suited to deal with this situation, damn my opposable thumbs!