Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

DesertFox

Quote from: Art Bell on March 01, 2015, 10:38:11 PM
Here is a Time Travel question, if we were able to put together the silly amount of power it would require to send only one man back to the time of Jesus to observe the events of his life and then return to report the events without bias, who would you send and would you make it a Man of Science or a man of Faith?

Art

Art--don't want one in either camp...give me an agnostic.

aldousburbank

Here is a Time Travel question, if we were able to put together the silly amount of power it would require to send only one man back to the time of Jesus to observe the events of his life and then return to report the events without bias, who would you send and would you make it a Man of Science or a man of Faith?

Art
JC

ItsOver

Just send Hoagie.  Or save all the power and have Dames RV it all.  What could possibly go wrong with either?

ponyboysunset

Quote from: MV on March 01, 2015, 12:22:22 PM
the forum's value has been estimated at a can of vanilla coke and two packages of skittles.

The price of the forum sounds tasty, but I was wondering if one pack of sour skittles may be substituted for the two packs of regular?

Looking forward to Art's return!

And you are selling yourself short, the forum is worth at least a 12 pack of vanilla coke, given the recent increase in visitors and members.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ponyboysunset on March 02, 2015, 11:16:01 AM
The price of the forum sounds tasty, but I was wondering if one pack of sour skittles may be substituted for the two packs of regular?

Looking forward to Art's return!

And you are selling yourself short, the forum is worth at least a 12 pack of vanilla coke, given the recent increase in visitors and members.

if it's sour skittles, then you've got the inverse.  i'd need 12 packs of skittles.  and some milk to neutralize the pH so my stomach doesn't end up with a gaping hole in it.

pate

Heart-burn is just some sort of hyped up butt-hurt-itis. (your spell-check protocols are difficult to overcome)

http://www.webmd.com/heartburn-gerd/news/20051003/ulcers-give-scientists-nobel-prize-in-medicine

I suspect Jaz had a hand in this as a destroyer of all things...

I suspect a ploy to not accept skittles as payment...

Two suspicions in one post.

Non-coincidence, therefore.  Something.

Becuz, logic.

edit: doesn't TaintCo have a product for this anyhow?  Or you advertise things you don't use?  I call serious Jorch on this...

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: pate on March 02, 2015, 11:37:06 AM

I suspect a ploy to not accept skittles as payment...

the official vandeven enterprises motto has been, since june 2011, "accept skittles as paypment".  so no, sir, you are not "on" to something.

Quote from: MV on March 02, 2015, 11:46:38 AM
the official vandeven enterprises motto has been, since june 2011, "accept skittles as paypment".  so no, sir, you are not "on" to something.

Dear Sir,

Please stop asking me to "taste your rainbow".

pyewacket

Art

Art, after reading the answers you've gotten so far, I have questions for you. If you really had an opportunity to send someone back in time- why go to a backward providence to study religious mythology? All the events in the bible took place in a very small geographic area and totally ignored the great civilizations around the world. I would think that a book written by a deity would contain a message for all the people of the world and not be so limited in scope.

Why not go back to study other aspects of history? Why not the 7 wonders of the world? The explorations? The Renaissance? Why not try and save ancient texts from the Royal Library of Alexandria? Why not see who the heck put those big heads on Easter Island? I'm sure this only scratches the surface of possibilities. Why waste a chance of a lifetime on something so narrow?

I can't wait for your show to start- it's great to have someone like you encouraging your audience to have an intelligent conversation. Long, long overdue.

Happy Monday, Art! Please post more!  :) 

Art Bell

I really liked the answer about sending a neutral person with a video camera, BUT these days people do not believe any pictures or video of UFOs or Bigfoot or for that matter that we went to the Moon.

Art

Pale Horse

Quote from: pyewacket on March 02, 2015, 12:16:45 PM
I can't wait for your show to start- it's great to have someone like you encouraging your audience to have an intelligent conversation. Long, long overdue.

Happy Monday, Art! Please post more!  :)

So this is the area where intelligent conversation takes place? Finally.
Makes sense since this is where big Papa Art comes to check on his flock every now and again.

Dear Art, Please interview some articulate 9/11 conspiracy theorists. Inquiring minds still want to know what happened. Or at least hear about all the crazy anomalies of that day. Also this phenomenon called 'persistent contrails' that is whiting-out some areas of the sky needs discussing.

P.s. We love you. Please come back. Who cares about the music. We just want your voice, heart and mind.

P.p.s. George Noorey eats boogers laced with Fukushima radiation.

Quote from: Art Bell on March 02, 2015, 12:17:01 PM
I really liked the answer about sending a neutral person with a video camera, BUT these days people do not believe any pictures or video of UFOs or Bigfoot or for that matter that we went to the Moon.

Art

We could always ask Brian Williams and Bill O'Reilly.  ;)

Art

Art,

I STILL can't believe it's not butter!

Art

I thought long and hard about this.. I actually was first inclined to just say Brian Williams, simply so he can say that he was there when Jesus was killed..
Of course, that would be dismissive of a good question.
My answer probably would be neither, because both could be biased. If I could have this much power, then the trip back in time would stop around 1776 and snag Ben Franklin.. I'd trust him to report the exact thing he saw on the ground at the time.

If I had a second choice, I would send Art Bell.
Because that would be a heck of a story for a first show in July.

elbee

Art, You really don't need to send anyone to document the life of Jesus. The historical accuracy of the biblical and extra biblical (Josephus for example) evidence for his life and works AND resurrection is unassailable.

If you ever want to put childish fantastic claims like Dawkins and Hitchens refusal to accept biblical scholars evidence behind you,

then check out some primary voices in the expert field.

Head of Oxford's Advanced Quantum Mathematics Professor John Lennox would be a good place to start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxD-HPMpTto

Vatar

Art

I think we should send Richard C Hoagland. Whatever he reports we will know the exact opposite is true.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Pale Horse on March 02, 2015, 12:29:54 PM

Dear Art, Please interview some articulate 9/11 conspiracy theorists.

With Art as the interviewer, I think this would be a great show. The guest would actually be challenged.

albrecht

Quote from: MV on March 02, 2015, 12:47:03 PM
With Art as the interviewer, I think this would be a great show. The guest would actually be challenged.
As long as it is not that batty woman Judy Wood. I don't mind crazy. I don't mind ranters. I don't mind "experts." If you don't have some educational value at least have some entertainment value and ability to speak.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: albrecht on March 02, 2015, 12:59:17 PM
As long as it is not that batty woman Judy Wood. I don't mind crazy. I don't mind ranters. I don't mind "experts." If you don't have some educational value at least have some entertainment value and ability to speak.

Yeah it needs to be someone who represents the truther movement well, not someone who obviously is unhinged.

DesertFox

Art

Art--there is no way you can trust video or photographs for anything...nowadays they be altered like crazy.  Why you can even make it like there is a face on Mars!  Or an intelligent expression on Dave.

Art Bell

Quote from: El Bee on March 02, 2015, 12:45:00 PM
Art, You really don't need to send anyone to document the life of Jesus. The historical accuracy of the biblical and extra biblical (Josephus for example) evidence for his life and works AND resurrection is unassailable.

If you ever want to put childish fantastic claims like Dawkins and Hitchens refusal to accept biblical scholars evidence behind you,

then check out some primary voices in the expert field.

Head of Oxford's Advanced Quantum Mathematics Professor John Lennox would be a good place to start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxD-HPMpTto

That's the reason for the question, I think much is in question, it was over 2000 Years ago and what texts we do have include the observations and perhaps opinions of those who observed. As I have always said it sure would be my destination in Time.

Art

Quote from: Art Bell on March 02, 2015, 01:10:00 PM
That's the reason for the question, I think much is in question, it was over 2000 Years ago and what texts we do have include the observations and perhaps opinions of those who observed. As I have always said it sure would be my destination in Time.

Art

I have always been fascinated to see how Judas was treated and how it all went down--if it went down that is.
I mean, in a sense you have to conclude that Jesus massaged Judas to become the traitor.. He was set up for failure. Or at least a necessary evil. Born into sin on purpose?

Quote from: DesertFox on March 02, 2015, 01:05:04 PM
Or an intelligent expression on Dave.

That has never happened, ever.

Heather Wade

I'd like to go back a bit further and see who built the Sphinx.

Roswells, Art

Hi Art,

If you could cover The Meaning of Life that would be great.  It doesn't have to be a whole show.  Maybe just 15 minutes at the end.

The General

Quote from: Art Bell on March 02, 2015, 01:10:00 PM

Art

Art-
We would need to send an open minded skeptic.  Maybe someone like yourself.  You could go, and interview him for 3 hours!  You could tape the whole thing with Linda's tape recorder... with a few breaks to plug C Crane radios of course. 

But seriously, the question is- if nominated, would YOU go?

DesertFox

Quote from: The General on March 02, 2015, 01:29:44 PM
Art-
We would need to send an open minded skeptic.  Maybe someone like yourself.  You could go, and interview him for 3 hours!  You could tape the whole thing with Linda's tape recorder... with a few breaks to plug C Crane radios of course. 

But seriously, the question is- if nominated, would YOU go?

Good point--but we also need to send someone that knows the bloody language!

The General

Quote from: DesertFox on March 02, 2015, 01:32:30 PM

Good point--but we also need to send someone that knows the bloody language!

It would have to be translated in real time, like the Hopi Elders show.

ks3484

Art

I would send niether and I'd go despite my  bias. I would find and locate the Man himself and say, "Mr. Jesus why didn't they give you a regular last name?" After that we would walk and talk about stuff. Then I would say, "Mr. Jesus, look I know you're busy right now and you have some stuff about to happen that you've got to get ready for, but could you come back to the future with me for just a little while? I know they would never believe me about you no matter what I said. Could you do a miracle or two while you are being covered by the major news outlets? Mr. Jesus, if you were talking about those from the future and John 10:16 is correct then I'd have to say that we're ready now!"

"I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; I must bring them also, .......     John 10:16  NASB

The Staple Singers - If You're Ready (Come Go With Me)

Art Bell

Yes I would, but to be clear I think that no matter what I said or showed to people as proof I would be believed by some and hated by others, at least I would know. Whatever the news I am sure I would be headed for the modern day Cross, but yes I would go.

Art