• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

aldousburbank

Now I understand that everybone's shit's all emotional right now but lissen up, I got a three point plan...

http://youtu.be/DYpfHBicjQk

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Pale Horse on March 31, 2015, 10:03:24 PM
Better pace yourself if you wanna hear Midnight in the Desert before you expire.

We may all be in deep phase of Cryogenics before that occurs.

paladin1991

Quote from: Art Bell on March 31, 2015, 07:20:41 PM
Ok, I am here but at the moment with some concerning news, I can not go into details but it boils down to this, this process is taking to darn long. We spent a Month going back and forth in the proposal stage, each side laying out what they wanted and what needed to be changed. It was a bit frustrating that it took so long but we got it done. It is now with their Lawyers to come up with a final contract based on what both sides agreed to. I have a concern that when we receive the final document ( promised by the end of this Week) that it will have lots of new stuff in it that will not work for us. If I sound negative it's only because the terms took a Month and I am not a patient person. I truly hope it works out but if not, that's life. You can be sure nobody will be more disapointed then me. The current rub is it is taking to long, I have a lot of work to do and can't even start until this gets signed which now looks like a longer process then it should be.

When all this started I told you the three must have things and that has not changed. Cross your fingers and knock on some handy wood.

Art
"Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit smoking."

akwilly

This reminds me of a bad girlfriend experience I had.

Pale Horse

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on March 31, 2015, 10:10:10 PM
  We may all be in deep phase of Cryogenics before that occurs.
I understand Art's new contract will allow for MID to be piped directly into your Cryogenic Chamber for a low monthly fee. Including Bumper Music!

Scully

Quote from: Art Bell on February 26, 2015, 06:57:28 PM
Guys, I have 3 major must have items:

A Worldwide possible listenership by stream
A live FREE stream from 9PM-12AM Mon- Fri
My music

I have a big player who I believe can deliver these things.

If we get all that we will change things, it's looking good.

Art

Art, which of these 3 items are you worried about not getting?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: YNOT on March 31, 2015, 02:35:42 PM
I agree. There is an unmoderated forum for politics.

And as far as MV is concerned. Yes he does own this forum, but IMO, he's pretty damn reasonable.

thank you, sir.

you see this, people?  this is how you get into the mv clique.  let's step it up.

as you were.

paladin1991

Quote from: MV on March 31, 2015, 10:31:21 PM
thank you, sir.

you see this, people?  this is how you get into the mv clique.  let's step it up.

as you were.
What?  Wait.  After a bottle of Scotch and two straws.....this?  WTF?  I thought we were tight.

morgana213

Good and fair contracts take time to develop.  The amount of time this is taking seems to indicate thoughtful review on the sides of both parties.  I believe this will all work out...    <disclaimer:  I am an optimist>

paladin1991

Quote from: morgana213 on March 31, 2015, 10:34:01 PM
Good and fair contracts take time to develop.  The amount of time this is taking seems to indicate thoughtful review on the sides of both parties.  I believe this will all work out...    <disclaimer:  I am an optimist>
Yeah.  And I am not one of those faithless fucks who were going to chew their wrists open a while back, but I think "I picked the wrong week to quit drinking."

Ok, I am here but at the moment with some concerning news, I can not go into details but it boils down to this, this process is taking to darn long. We spent a Month going back and forth in the proposal stage, each side laying out what they wanted and what needed to be changed. It was a bit frustrating that it took so long but we got it done. It is now with their Lawyers to come up with a final contract based on what both sides agreed to. I have a concern that when we receive the final document ( promised by the end of this Week) that it will have lots of new stuff in it that will not work for us. If I sound negative it's only because the terms took a Month and I am not a patient person. I truly hope it works out but if not, that's life. You can be sure nobody will be more disapointed then me. The current rub is it is taking to long, I have a lot of work to do and can't even start until this gets signed which now looks like a longer process then it should be.

When all this started I told you the three must have things and that has not changed. Cross your fingers and knock on some handy wood.

Art

Stick with it. These things take time if you have agreed to a basic framework you can hammer it out. The attorneys like billing for extra hours and you will have to be patient and pay it in order to get this deal done.

Quote from: morgana213 on March 31, 2015, 10:34:01 PM

I agree art needs to be more patient. It sucks and I get that. But it's alright if the show doesn't get started until September or October.

akwilly

You didnt have these hurdles when you got youre start in radio. Now that you are famous it's harder to get back on the air?

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Pale Horse on March 31, 2015, 10:27:47 PM
I understand Art's new contract will allow for MID to be piped directly into your Cryogenic Chamber for a low monthly fee. Including Bumper Music!

Shit. I think I signed up for the Ted Williams plan. I hope my disembodied head can still hear.

I can only hope these potential MITD obstacles infect neither Twin Peaks nor The X-Files.

We can only process so much. If you cut us, do we not bleed?

(weeping)

Quote from: BattyBrooke on March 31, 2015, 10:03:59 AM
Now that U7 has moved to Romania, it is crap...

Same thing happened to U2

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on March 31, 2015, 10:53:35 PM
I can only hope these potential MITD obstacles infect neither Twin Peaks nor The X-Files.

We can only process so much. If you cut us, do we not bleed?

(weeping)

Nor expedite the Lady Ghostbusters film we crave.

Art

The thing people forget is the lawyers work for them, not the other way around.

My suggestion is that if you receive a contract that is unacceptable, or if there are new conditions that you don't want, or won't accept, pick up the phone and talk to the top person over there and say so.  Suggest they have their lawyers remove or fix whatever it is - just because they call it 'final' doesn't make it so.

Lawyers typically are just covering every conceivable base, and making every clause favorable to their client.  The client then instructs them to tone it down.

Please don't be impatient, if the start date is pushed out a few weeks or months longer, so be it.

Nick el Ass

Art

My fingers are crossed, and I would knock on my desk... but I'm afraid it might fall apart. The thing is old, but I have got a lot of work done on it while listening to you Mr. Bell. 

It sounds like Art is battling, er negotiating the contract without a non-compete clause. Don't back down Art. If they don't give you what you want, screw em.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: aldousburbank on March 31, 2015, 10:04:01 PM
Now I understand that everybone's shit's all emotional right now but lissen up, I got a three point plan...

This is top corner status funny.

"everybones shits all emotional right now but lissen up"

I can't stop laughing.

MV/Liberace!

hey, art.  i'm sure it'll all work out.  i have a good feeling about things this time around.

rzr1911

Just make sure the contract doesn't have any smallprint talking about your soul.

phrodo

Lawyers are assholes .. they exist because of other lawyers. I could write a satisfactory working contract in twenty minutes .. if it wasn't for fucking lawyers.

Quote from: phrodo on April 01, 2015, 01:56:22 AM
Lawyers are assholes .. They exist because of other lawyers. I could write a satisfactory working contract in twenty minutes .. if it wasn't for fucking lawyers.

They self replicate just like Tribbles.

deadmeow

The universe needs fresh Art Bell content.  I would be just fine to go over to youtube and watch Art do a weekly video podcast on house cats... But would prefer the old radio show back!

Art,

If, on the outside chance MITD doesn't pan out...

Me and the boys will, at that point, need the names of those such obstacles impeding our desire to navigate new reality tunnels.

Party of the first part and like dat and whatever.

Yo.

Take your time, Art and make sure all of your terms have been agreed to.  If it takes a few more months, that's fine. We'll all be here.

spellerine

Art

Early April Fools??