• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Kolchak

One of the cool hidden features of artbelllegacy.com is that if you click on "news" you get bonus navigation buttons.

This just in: 

No show tonight, the Pee Button isn't working

chefist

Quote from: juanelo on May 16, 2018, 01:44:28 PM
Dave, if you read this try to listen to the Joe Rogan and Tom Delonge interview

Joe Rogan afterwards say that he was paying homage to Art Bell in that interview. Rogan never try to impersonate Art Bell like Heather wade does

At the end it was one of the most entertaining interview and Tom delonge crash and burn to the point he wanted to quit he’s academy “To the Stars” lol

Ha...are you Joey D., man?

HumanBeing

Quote from: Kolchak on May 16, 2018, 01:45:29 PM
One of the cool hidden features of artbelllegacy.com is that if you click on "news" you get bonus navigation buttons.

The Wizard of Word Press

Catsmile

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 16, 2018, 07:33:32 AM
Question..  would MITD have been registered (DBA or whatever) by Keith or Art? If by Art, you can't search the ficticious name database online in Nye county. Someone would have to call in and ask.

I don't know where Keith lives, but it might be easier to search that database.  If it's been registered, it should say, shouldn't it? Who "owns" it?

# Being a hater, lets just think for a moment.
# Assuming anyone in that clan did trademark the name.
# Owning a trademark is the first step in protecting a trademark.
# Any trademark is only as good as you are willing to protect it.
# Protecting trademarks cost money because lawyers ain't free.
# Unless you're willing to protect it, it's a moot point who owns it.
# Like Queefs Twitter legal threats are meaningless, except as Drama fodder.
# LayOffTheTidePodsAndSeeAgain   

HumanBeing

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on May 16, 2018, 01:47:32 PM
This just in: 

No show tonight, the Pee Button isn't working

No worries, Lasha will save the day and promptly insert Heather's catheter.

timebandit

that's dirty pool putting dave on kney..
right up there with having gayle on..
very 'character' revealing imho..

#HeatherArmy

TigerLily

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 16, 2018, 11:40:25 AM
If the cat ladies in the “On the Fringe” FB group hadn’t booted me for telling them 10 days ago that HW did NOT own the rights to the Crystal Gayle song, I might not be sensitive to the term. I demand “margin”. TigerLily votes the same.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: TigerLily on May 16, 2018, 01:55:30 PM

I hate to tell GS I told you so but......I TOLD YOU SO! :P

PS who is the hottie in the gif. Asking for me! :-*

Bart Ell

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 16, 2018, 01:10:45 PM
Let us pray or whatever that MV turned ad sense back on. Can you imagine if he did?

I turned Adsense on on my site.
I will donate the earnings to this site and make it look like it was all my own money!

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Bart Ell on May 16, 2018, 01:58:21 PM
I turned Adsense on on my site.
I will donate the earnings to this site and make it look like it was all my own money!
How generous!

TigerLily

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 16, 2018, 11:49:04 AM
No bigger turn off than someone voting or speaking for me. Best on your new nuptials.  :)
PS how are you resolving the difference in the two of your political views?  ;D

Thanks, girlfriend

Catsmile

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 16, 2018, 07:37:50 AM
Regarding Keith, IMO he is just publicly rattling cages which I think is kinda dumb. Just issue the paperwork and be done with it *if* you are doing it. If not, publicly rattling cages seems like something that is on her level.

# The drama is starting to insult your intelligence.
# HATER
# Eat ur tide pods and STFU

chefist

Quote from: timebandit on May 16, 2018, 01:53:03 PM

#HeatherArmy

Daniel

Bart Ell

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 16, 2018, 01:59:10 PM
How generous!

I may skim 70% off the top but you kids will never know!

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Bart Ell on May 16, 2018, 02:02:23 PM
I may skim 70% off the top but you kids will never know!

I like how you think. ;)

Freyja

Quote from: DaveSchraderSo the question is, for a fringe style show, would you rather the host challenge the guests with respect or just allow the story, inaccuracies and contradiction just slide?

Should the show be total escapism or entertainment with a foot still grounded in skepticism?

Just asking for a friend. ;)

DS

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 16, 2018, 11:16:39 AM
Art left stuff open-ended, trusting people to draw their own conclusions, and I guess that's what I'm used to...... 

^^ This

I think there is a wonderful balance between asking the questions that the audience wants to ask, asking some tough questions when appropriate, however IMHO it's all about what Art coined, "Wanna Take a Ride"

The "ride" has wide parameters which can range from recounts we have heard in the past: Mel's Hole, Dr Jonathan Reid etc. to more "tangible" topics. I am sure that listeners have a preference all across the spectrum. Personally, I like to hear a topic presented in a way which considers what may be possible and not a program which challenges to the degree of why something may not be possible, if that makes sense.

First and foremost, as another "vaguely lovable" penned, ( apologies I'm not scrolling back to find out who ) just be yourself Dave.

Art was Art and he can not be replicated. You are you...doing a wonderful job in the chair.

Thank you for bringing quality radio back into the night!! :)   

Bart Ell

Karen will call MITD "Dark Matters" until she retires.

Cowkiller

Quote from: timebandit on May 16, 2018, 01:53:03 PM

#HeatherArmy

I still havent heard the 'why' heather couldn't come back on the air before keith let her go? I'm  waiting.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Cowkiller on May 16, 2018, 02:07:21 PM

I still havent heard the 'why' heather couldn't come back on the air before keith let her go? I'm  waiting.

She did say all would be revealed.. and that was before she was let go (for not doing her job for two weeks).

HumanBeing

Quote from: Freyja on May 16, 2018, 02:06:56 PM

^^ This

I think there is a wonderful balance between asking the questions that the audience wants to ask, asking some tough questions when appropriate, however IMHO it's all about what Art coined, "Wanna Take a Ride"

The "ride" has wide parameters which can range from recounts we have heard in the past: Mel's Hole, Dr Jonathan Reid etc. to more "tangible" topics. I am sure that listeners have a preference all across the spectrum. Personally, I like to hear a topic presented in a way which considers what may be possible and not a program which challenges to the degree of why something may not be possible, if that makes sense.

First and foremost, as another "vaguely lovable" penned, ( apologies I'm not scrolling back to find out who ) just be yourself Dave.

Art was Art and he can not be replicated. You are you...doing a wonderful job in the chair.

Thank you for bringing quality radio back into the night!! :)   

fwiw: it was i that first confronted Karen Jackson about the evil one, Heater Wad.

Lilith

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 16, 2018, 01:06:43 PM
8)

Karen is on KNYE now.  She said Dave will be on 5:30 eastern.

sydtron

[/quote]

$5 and this man will lick you clean.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 16, 2018, 12:00:13 PM
The musky bottoms stuff was funny. Immature, but funny.  :)

what was the story behind that?  i never knew what its meaning was.

Cowkiller

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 16, 2018, 02:09:41 PM
She did say all would be revealed.. and that was before she was let go (for not doing her job for two weeks).

Thats about the only thing she learned from art-the ability to tease the listener.  The thing is life isn't a radio show, the break is finished, and she changed the subject.  Maybe like D Adair, she just expects her audience ti just trust her on this.