• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

boxman

Quote from: chefist on January 14, 2016, 10:46:35 PM
Man if Dave can function with 2700 or so pages and multiple years of negative comments, I would think Art could handle what has been said with no problem...
Especially when you consider that he himself has been behind and fueled quite of the nasy negative comments and accusations against Noory.

EarthAlien007

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 14, 2016, 10:54:31 PM
Nothing like a little passive aggression.

Art is outside, at night, with his daughter, playing in the snow.  There is supposedly a stalker near by, or at least the possibility of one.  No one is supposed to wonder about this?

He's not on the radio any more.
Maybe someone didn't like him being on all those stations, or the Cumulus deal that was a few weeks away.

ItsOver

Let's see, where's that video GravitySucks posts...rummage, rummage, oh yeah.  Here it is.

http://youtu.be/xLpfbcXTeo8

HumanBeing

Quote from: ItsOver on January 14, 2016, 10:58:41 PM
Let's see, where's that video GravitySucks posts...rummage, rummage, oh yeah.  Here it is.

GravitySucks

Quote from: ItsOver on January 14, 2016, 10:58:41 PM

Thank you... I get tired of looking for that on my iPad. Not easy to switch to YouTube. 

😎

DeltaBravo

Quote from: boxman on January 14, 2016, 10:37:24 PM
Really Art?? You are now saying you will punish your actual fans because of a few trolls?
This pretty much backs up that you are a quitter and will use any silly excuse to quit the show instead of admitting that you just do not want to do it.
If you actually cared about the show you would just have proved us and the trolls wrong as soon as those security issues has been dealt with.
He created said trolls by doing just that.

ItsOver

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 14, 2016, 11:09:36 PM
Thank you... I get tired of looking for that on my iPad. Not easy to switch to YouTube. 

😎
Thank yeeewww for originally posting it.  It says it all.  And thank yeeewww, Phil!  How ironic.  It reminds me of Punxsutawney Phil.  The whole circus is one big Groundhog Day. 

ItsOver

Quote from: HumanBeing on January 14, 2016, 11:06:15 PM

"I will never quit sucking. Yeeewww can count on me!"

Quote from: ItsOver on January 14, 2016, 11:19:14 PM
Thank yeeewww for originally posting it.  It says it all.  And thank yeeewww, Phil!  How ironic.  It reminds me of Punxsutawney Phil.  The whole circus is one big Groundhog Day.

It's because of talk like this that Art might not return

::)

ItsOver

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 14, 2016, 11:36:14 PM
It's because of talk like this that Art might not return

::)
"It's always sumptheen!"

HumanBeing

Quote from: ItsOver on January 14, 2016, 11:42:23 PM
"It's always sumptheen!"

George actually looks like a human in that pic. Looks like he had a few. What a handsome fellow he is  ;)

inuk2600

Who wants to eat my tuna egg sandwich? I'm not really hungry. blaaaaahhhh

Quote from: trostol on January 14, 2016, 10:06:56 PM
this is where Art doesn't get it..he doesn't realize he is making things worse

+1

paladin1991

Quote from: SixWeekTenure(tm) on January 14, 2016, 10:38:49 PM
Art likes to have his ego stroked and no one has been more vocal about him than (redacted). Look no further than the test show when he brought up photo requests about her with "little to nothing on" and dwells a bit too long on the idea. It's weird.

Funny.  I don't remember that.  Oh, well.

paladin1991

Quote from: Kolchak on January 14, 2016, 10:40:48 PM
"If I do decide not to try another show...blame these people."

So, ART, you are gonna go beta and let the mob rule. 
Or.
It's at that final moment where you fix bayonets, destroy the crypto gear, fire the FPF and charge out of your foxhole.  You take as many of them with you as possible.   

I don't blame the mob.  It's a mindless entity.  That's why they are called trolls.  I don't even blame you ART.  But it looks like you have decided to let the trolls rule the night.  I honestly believed you were made of sterner stuff. 
I'll miss you, bro.

paladin1991

Quote from: theONE on January 14, 2016, 10:54:23 PM

And this is priceless,...I remember that show and Arts Bell creepy request,..nice family man
,...nice daddy to his 8 years old daughter asking other women to get naked for daddy Art.

Lost respect for that creep.

Art Bell,...stay away...please.

p.s.  ART BELL ...Did U send Heather Wade picture of ur ...junk,??

Hi dave!  Still around huh?  Waiting for the pizza rolls to be served?  M-O-O-N.  That spells troll.

Faustina

Art is mistaken:  most people don't want to hear a woman's voice as a host of late night radio.  Can you think of even one who has been successful at this?  No.  And, sadly, Heather won't be the one to break this glass ceiling. 

GravitySucks

Quote from: Faustina on January 15, 2016, 01:42:31 AM
Art is mistaken:  most people don't want to hear a woman's voice as a host of late night radio.  Can you think of even one who has been successful at this?  No.  And, sadly, Heather won't be the one to break this glass ceiling.

Rollye James

Faustina

Quote from: chefist on January 14, 2016, 09:46:46 AM
Agreed...Steve should just continue doing his own thing...and his concept of adding true crime to the long talk format was brilliant...he needs to continue to build his own brand...

Brilliant, but not the first.  Darkness Radio has been doing true crime as the topic for at least one show a week for some time now. 

HumanBeing

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 15, 2016, 01:44:07 AM
Rollye James

I'm wondering what would deem one to be successful in the radio business.

What's her listener numbers like? Does she have many radio affiliates?

Faustina

Rollye James

She's basically just a podcaster now, although her show does stream live online as well, one night a week.  I cannot find evidence that her show is syndicated anywhere on terrestrial radio.  Her website no longer lists that the show airs on WWCR, like it used to.  Hence, she is not really all that successful as a 5 night a week live late night radio host on terrestrial radio, which is the standard bearer "late night radio host" position I was referring to.  (Nearly anyone can have an online podcast, and too many with absolutely no talent at all do).

Faustina

Quote from: HumanBeing on January 15, 2016, 01:48:11 AM
I'm wondering what would deem one to be successful in the radio business.

What's her listener numbers like? Does she have many radio affiliates?

No radio affiliates, although her show used to be broadcast on WWCR (a shortwave station).

Right now, there are only 3 late night --- on FIVE nights a week, too, not just one night ---- radio hosts, who are on terrestrial radio as well as online streaming:  Clyde Lewis, Dave Schrader (Darkness Radio), and George Noory. 

Faustina

Quote from: Faustina on January 15, 2016, 02:03:52 AM
No radio affiliates, although her show used to be broadcast on WWCR (a shortwave station).

Right now, there are only 3 late night --- on FIVE nights a week, too, not just one night ---- radio hosts, who are on terrestrial radio as well as online streaming:  Clyde Lewis, Dave Schrader (Darkness Radio), and George Noory.

There is also, of course, MITD, but I'm not sure how many terrestrial radio stations it's on anymore.  It would be interesting to know how many kept it after Art left, and, of the ones who did, which ones are just airing replays of old shows with Art hosting.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: Kolchak on January 14, 2016, 10:51:45 PM
The company line for weeks now has been that Heather is filing the chair until Art returns. Why start a new show when the infrastructure is already in place for the one that he left?

The answer would be that he doesn't intend coming back anytime soon and he expects MITD and/or DM not to be there whenever he might have considered coming back. But as we know, what Art intends or thinks he intends and what he ends up doing tend to be very different things. IOW, it's complicated because it's Art.

Mr.Squirrel

After reading Art's latest Facebook post (by the way what ever happened to "I'm quitting all social media?")
It's my humble opinion that he's just gone bat shit crazy, or just old age has kicked in and he want us off his lawn for good.
At this point I don't care if he comes back. The show was not as good as the golden period of the late 90's early 2000 period.
Call me crazy but part of the character of the older shows was the shitty AM mono sound. It's too clear and shiny, he's over obsessed with the sound often interrupting
a guest train of thought to have them switch out  their mic. He's just making himself look like a jackass by even commenting on forum post's.
For me the charm of the older shows was the rotating cast of characters Hogland, Dames, Martin, Linda Moulton Howe ect.
And now we get the flat earth dick and a shitty witch. Fuck it,  it's over move on nothing to hear anymore. Just fucking retire.
Don't get me wrong I'm a huge fan it's just painful to watch. Thank God I still have the archives to listen to.

Coffeeman

Quote from: Mr.Squirrel on January 15, 2016, 02:48:09 AM
After reading Art's latest Facebook post (by the way what ever happened to "I'm quitting all social media?")
It's my humble opinion that he's just gone bat shit crazy, or just old age has kicked in and he want us off his lawn for good.
At this point I don't care if he comes back. The show was not as good as the golden period of the late 90's early 2000 period.
Call me crazy but part of the character of the older shows was the shitty AM mono sound. It's too clear and shiny, he's over obsessed with the sound often interrupting
a guest train of thought to have them switch out  their mic. He's just making himself look like a jackass by even commenting on forum post's.
For me the charm of the older shows was the rotating cast of characters Hogland, Dames, Martin, Linda Moulton Howe ect.
And now we get the flat earth dick and a shitty witch. Fuck it,  it's over move on nothing to hear anymore. Just fucking retire.
Don't get me wrong I'm a huge fan it's just painful to watch. Thank God I still have the archives to listen to.

Bitching about audio quality was awesome. I can hear a guest just fine, but he's all uppity about their mic. The problem's on your end, Art, not ours.

cosmic hobo

Rollye James

Puh-lease.  She has 3 listeners. One of which could be considered a stalker.

Quote from: ItsOver on January 14, 2016, 11:42:23 PM
"It's always sumptheen!"

Noory looks like a chipmunk storing nuts for the winter in his cheeks.

Quote from: Value Of Pi on January 14, 2016, 10:45:52 PM
"If I do decide not to try another show..."

This is a good indication that Art is not even thinking in terms of returning to MITD. "Another show" says to me a show other than MITD. This isn't news but someone should make it official and just get it over with.

I don't think that's what he meant by 'another show'.  He meant coming back to do more MITD shows, not a new show with a different name.