• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Value Of Pi

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 12, 2016, 01:42:44 AM
There is a waiting list, but if you sign up now you can get your ECT treatments in October.

Well, you know that crazy idea some people have about Trump being a plant by the Democratic Party? It is crazy but some of the thinking behind it is solid. Trump is the guy most likely to get people who wouldn't otherwise vote for Hillary to vote for Hillary. You can hold your nose, even cover your eyes, while pulling the lever. Not the way people like to vote but they can definitely do it.

Will they need ECT afterwards? Maybe. Nobody knows what four years of watching and listening to Hillary address the nation would do to people.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: TigerLily on April 10, 2016, 02:10:02 PM
Well, that was time consuming. I don't know how SV does this so often. Editing posts must be his life

It help if you're not buffing your nails at the same time.

Auslandia

Quote from: Value Of Pi on April 12, 2016, 02:16:12 AM
Well, you know that crazy idea some people have about Trump being a plant by the Democratic Party? It is crazy but some of the thinking behind it is solid. Trump is the guy most likely to get people who wouldn't otherwise vote for Hillary to vote for Hillary. You can hold your nose, even cover your eyes, while pulling the lever. Not the way people like to vote but they can definitely do it.

Will they need ECT afterwards? Maybe. Nobody knows what four years of watching and listening to Hillary address the nation would do to people.

There's no way it's that well thought out.  He's just riding on the Zeitgeist idiot wave. 

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Value Of Pi on April 12, 2016, 02:16:12 AM

It would be more likely that Trump is a Cruz mole if the notion wasn't so insane.  If Trump wasn't running. Cruz would have been out long ago.

Value Of Pi

Whether it's Trump vs Hillary or Trump vs Cruz, this whole election picture is being distorted. Cruz looks less extreme than he is (as he himself has alluded to) and Hillary looks like the sane choice -- when compared with Trump. Take Trump out of the picture and the negatives of both these candidates are much more apparent.

I think Trump will also turn the convention into a circus with lots of funny mirrors. Things will get just plain weird. I'm seeing now that many other Republicans running in November are planning to avoid going to Cleveland. They don't want any part of that unpredictable mess. Afterwards, they might not want to have anything to do with the nominee.

VtaGeezer

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I thought Donald Trump and his Family hit it out of the park tonight. If you didn't get to see it, set your DVR because boy was it good CNN.</p>&mdash; Art Bell (@ArtBell51) April 13, 2016
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Quote from: VtaGeezer on April 12, 2016, 09:59:56 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I thought Donald Trump and his Family hit it out of the park tonight. If you didn't get to see it, set your DVR because boy was it good CNN.</p>&mdash; Art Bell (@ArtBell51) April 13, 2016

Takes a showman to know a showman.

#NeverTrump

Who is worse, the liar or the follower of the liar?

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2015-12-21/fact-checking-website-donald-trump-lies-76-percent-of-the-time

Fact-checking site PolitiFact has named the Donald Trump's "collective misstatements"  its "Lie of the Year."

"In considering our annual Lie of the Year, we found our only real contenders were Trump’s -- his various statements also led our Readers’ Poll," PolitiFact wrote on its website. "But it was hard to single one out from the others. So we have rolled them into one big trophy."

Zetaspeak

Quote from: VtaGeezer on April 12, 2016, 09:59:56 PM

Seriously has aliens took over Art Bell's brain? For a "tough guy" who's all about substance, he acting like some freakin' chick over sappy superficial "presidential family" stuff. Is there anything less substance and more fluff than the family interview.

How long before we start reading tweets by Art saying "OMG did you see princess Kate new dress, hearts hearts hearts, she looks so gorge !!!!!" and "AAAAAAW look at Prince George, he grew up so fast, and his chubby cheeks, OMG guys he's a cutie HEHEHEHEHEHEH"

Jebus man, get yourself together. No I will not DVR it because I have never made a decision in my life on how "impressive" somebody family looks or are. This is not even a Trump thing, I think the whole presentation of the "first family" in general is one of the most absurd and  silly things in politics.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Zetaspeak on April 13, 2016, 12:06:06 PM
This is not even a Trump thing, I think the whole presentation of the "first family" in general is one of the most absurd and  silly things in politics.
Dunno about that. We seem to be in a dynastic era.  Once an ambitious family gets to that Presidential stage, they don't leave, so it pays to take candidate's family more seriously nowadays.  I wish to hell we'd taken Bill C's "two-fer-one" remark more seriously in 1992.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 14, 2016, 05:59:46 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/13/politics/corey-lewandowski-donald-trump-charges-dropped/index.html
It's had the desired affect already. Prosecutor is a highly political office; the charge was probably payback for Jeb/Rubio.  After the feeding frenzy ended, he dropped the charges 'cuz he knew well that it was a chickenshit charge.

albrecht

Quote from: VtaGeezer on April 14, 2016, 11:27:03 AM
It's had the desired affect already. Prosecutor is a highly political office; the charge was probably payback for Jeb/Rubio.  After the feeding frenzy ended, he dropped the charges 'cuz he knew well that it was a chickenshit charge.
The prosecutor, Dave Aronberg, is a member of Billary's Florida fundraising groups (Florida Leadership Council) and unabashed Billary supporter. It always was a political move because I'm sure Florida is so crime-free that prosecutors go around indicting people who get a light touch at a public event.
http://postonpolitics.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2015/11/17/hillary-clintons-150-member-florida-team-a-little-thin-on-palm-beach-county-backers/

the_Stranger

Quote from: albrecht on April 14, 2016, 11:35:16 AM
The prosecutor, Dave Aronberg, is a member of Billary's Florida fundraising groups (Florida Leadership Council) and unabashed Billary supporter. It always was a political move because I'm sure Florida is so crime-free that prosecutors go around indicting people who get a light touch at a public event.
http://postonpolitics.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2015/11/17/hillary-clintons-150-member-florida-team-a-little-thin-on-palm-beach-county-backers/

I'd like to see you 'light touch' a LEO like that an see what happens.

JesusJuice

And there you have it. The clearest video of Trump's campaign manager grabbing Michelle Fields by the arm and yanking her so violently that she was almost pulled to the ground. She had bruises on her arm after this incident.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ-BJlDhQ9E

albrecht

Quote from: the_Stranger on April 14, 2016, 07:06:28 PM
I'd like to see you 'light touch' a LEO like that an see what happens.
She was a law enforcement officer?  :o That part of the "story" I missed out on. Why didn't Billary's Florida Leadership Council, sorry, Dave Aronberg prosecute? If she was an LEO than he could've even made even other more serious charges for that vicious, vicious assault and battery (or whatever the legal term is in that jurisdiction.)

VtaGeezer

Seeing how Walker was the first to fade, why on Earth would DT hire Wiley, the loser's campaign mgr?  Maybe because all the goods ones are still collecting paychecks?

Well, it looks as if the Wall Street Journal is backing Trump by printing an op-ed piece from the man himself.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/let-me-ask-america-a-question-1460675882

So who is the anti-Establishment candidate?

albrecht

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 14, 2016, 09:20:18 PM
Well, it looks as if the Wall Street Journal is backing Trump by printing an op-ed piece from the man himself.

Only an Op-ed, not the paper endorsing. Then again the Trump rapprochement with Megyn Kelly? Maybe Murdoch nudged some people? He was, after all, a Billary fan back some years ago and I still have suspicions about Trump, Billary-wise;  though hope he is real. It is about time we get a nationalist candidate or at least someone with a bit of some loyalty or concern for our country over others, and concern for our citizens over the demands of illegals, immigrants, banker and international corporations, and other countries' people, even if it takes a "reality-show" type to do so.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/rupert-murdoch-loves-hillary-clinton/
ps: I like that Trump (or the editor  ;) ) didn't screw up by a "their's" at the end. And, by the way, even Washington expressed such sentiment about the problem of political Parties.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 14, 2016, 09:20:18 PM

It sure ain't the guy collecting tens of millions from establishment donors, embracing support from those he claims to loathe, whose been a GOP operative since law school, and whose wife is a Goldman Sachs VP. 

albrecht

Quote from: VtaGeezer on April 14, 2016, 09:52:05 PM
It sure ain't the guy collecting tens of millions from establishment donors, embracing support from those he claims to loathe, whose been a GOP operative since law school, and whose wife is a Goldman Sachs VP.
And what is weirder is that even just a few months ago Cruz was an anathema to the Party, both Parties, and the press, Hollywood, etc and now, oddly, he is, suddenly, an acceptable option? Look, I don't mind many of Cruz's opinions on paper and even just gridlock, to me, is better than Congress passing more and more laws and taxes and accepting all of Obama's new regulations etc. But Cruz is not electable (I think) nationwide and his manners, even in his own Party until recently, hasn't gained him support. So a win for Billary. At least Trump, despite my reservations, can appeal to the hoi polloi and get votes and, maybe, win over Billary?

Quote from: albrecht on April 14, 2016, 09:57:25 PM
And what is weirder is that even just a few months ago Cruz was an anathema to the Party, both Parties, and the press, Hollywood, etc and now, oddly, he is, suddenly, an acceptable option? Look, I don't mind many of Cruz's opinions on paper and even just gridlock, to me, is better than Congress passing more and more laws and taxes and accepting all of Obama's new regulations etc. But Cruz is not electable (I think) nationwide and his manners, even in his own Party until recently, hasn't gained him support. So a win for Billary. At least Trump, despite my reservations, can appeal to the hoi polloi and get votes and, maybe, win over Billary?

He needs to stop with the name-calling then.  He is pitting many conservatives against other conservatives and a house divided cannot stand.  Frankly, whoever the Democrat nominee is will probably win in the fall no matter if the candidate is Trump or Cruz.  I do agree with you that Cruz seems un-electable due to his lack of charm.  I never thought he would get this far though.

Quote from: albrecht on April 14, 2016, 09:28:23 PM
Only an Op-ed, not the paper endorsing. Then again the Trump rapprochement with Megyn Kelly? Maybe Murdoch nudged some people? He was, after all, a Billary fan back some years ago and I still have suspicions about Trump, Billary-wise;  though hope he is real. It is about time we get a nationalist candidate or at least someone with a bit of some loyalty or concern for our country over others, and concern for our citizens over the demands of illegals, immigrants, banker and international corporations, and other countries' people, even if it takes a "reality-show" type to do so.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/rupert-murdoch-loves-hillary-clinton/
ps: I like that Trump (or the editor  ;) ) didn't screw up by a "their's" at the end. And, by the way, even Washington expressed such sentiment about the problem of political Parties.

Yeah, I know it not a formal endorsement but it did get past the editorial board.

albrecht

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 14, 2016, 10:46:35 PM
He needs to stop with the name-calling then.  He is pitting many conservatives against other conservatives and a house divided cannot stand.  Frankly, whoever the Democrat nominee is will probably win in the fall no matter if the candidate is Trump or Cruz.  I do agree with you that Cruz seems un-electable due to his lack of charm.  I never thought he would get this far though.
I think, and I won't say or presume, that we agree, for the most part on many issues and things, but the reality is the Parties and/or the media rule. Cruz is one of my Senators, and I like what he has done, but he is not well-liked and Hollywood and the media is against him. And, to me, off-policy he is smarmy and conniving, in his manners. So is Trump. But, not to be a 1!, I like at least a bit of a wild-card and shake it up. Not a full revolution but.....(I still have questions about Trump, but my main thing is local and Congressional. Only change, or at least, "stop"  or gridlock, can happen there.)

VtaGeezer

Quote from: albrecht on April 14, 2016, 09:57:25 PM
I think Trump would do to HMH what he did to Bush.  She'll pine for the easy days when Bernie beat her over the head with her Wall St speaking fees and her Iraq vote. Trump will dismantle her facade and expose a coat-tail rider wonk who's record of brilliance is a fiction. CNN hosts will have to keep smelling salts handy.

I was Googling around for some home improvement things and stumbled upon a bunch of articles arguing against "the wall" for economic reasons. I've gotten to the point I'm trying to tune it all out until the general election. But how could you possibly think 10-20 billion for "the wall" would be a poor economic move with how this country pisses money away. "The wall" would do infinitely more for the security of this nation than a couple of stealth bombers or a couple of destroyers.

I can somewhat understand qualms with Trump's pledge to get serious about deporting illegals. But I cannot fathom why a wall is a bad idea.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: VoteQuimby on April 15, 2016, 11:22:56 AM
I was Googling around for some home improvement things and stumbled upon a bunch of articles arguing against "the wall" for economic reasons. I've gotten to the point I'm trying to tune it all out until the general election. But how could you possibly think 10-20 billion for "the wall" would be a poor economic move with how this country pisses money away. "The wall" would do infinitely more for the security of this nation than a couple of stealth bombers or a couple of destroyers.

I can somewhat understand qualms with Trump's pledge to get serious about deporting illegals. But I cannot fathom why a wall is a bad idea.
It depends on whether you like banda and menudo. If we don't build a barrier and enforce it, the USA will probably become Mexico Norte by 2075. The Mexican-born population of the US has exploded since Reagan's amnesty disaster. We talk about the 12M mostly Mexican illegals here, but we pay little attention to their 20M+ legal kids who may or may not assimilate. If anything the US is assimilating the other way.  And Mexico's population continues to grow rapidly with the relief valve venting guess where.

We're now 22 years into NAFTA's promises; infusing billions of US$ and hundreds of thousands of once-American jobs into Mexico; but half of Mexico still lives in poverty (and that's the Mexican definition of poverty!). More than in 1985.  As our economy strengthens, the invasion will restart, absorbing most real improvement.  Infrastructure spending?  Guess who'll get a large number of those jobs and where half their check will go.  In another generation if not sooner, the border will probably have to be militarized like Israel's wall; if we can still do it then.  Its un-PC, but its fact.  Kumbaya doesn't work. 

albrecht

Quote from: VtaGeezer on April 15, 2016, 02:33:18 PM
It depends on whether you like banda and menudo. If we don't build a barrier and enforce it, the USA will probably become Mexico Norte by 2075. The Mexican-born population of the US has exploded since Reagan's amnesty disaster. We talk about the 12M mostly Mexican illegals here, but we pay little attention to their 20M+ legal kids who may or may not assimilate. If anything the US is assimilating the other way.  And Mexico's population continues to grow rapidly with the relief valve venting guess where.

We're now 22 years into NAFTA's promises; infusing billions of US$ and hundreds of thousands of once-American jobs into Mexico; but half of Mexico still lives in poverty (and that's the Mexican definition of poverty!). More than in 1985.  As our economy strengthens, the invasion will restart, absorbing most real improvement.  Infrastructure spending?  Guess who'll get a large number of those jobs and where half their check will go.  In another generation if not sooner, the border will probably have to be militarized like Israel's wall; if we can still do it then.  Its un-PC, but its fact.  Kumbaya doesn't work.
I think a system of blimps, drones, horse-back and jeep, and boats monitoring the border, the trains, ships, and trucks. Along with landmines in the more remote areas (the landmines could be 'smart' and even moveable so the illegals and cartels couldn't find a route around them.) Mines are very cheap and have been proven effective in past (sorry, Princess Di.) Maybe a walls, with a gates, around key choke-points. The real solution, of course, is not to take in the able-bodied, honest, rich, or smart Mexicans and force them to change the politics of their country and to have heavy civil, and criminal, penalties for any business, church, school, person, charity, rancher, farmer, or anyone who hires, helps, or transports an illegal (with exceptions for initial first aid etc.) The cost of the smaller walls and the cost of transporting and deporting an illegal (or any healthcare costs) would be taken away from foreign aide we sent that country, seized from bank accounts they have in our Federal Reserve and other banks, or as a tariff on their goods. And put in a guest worker system, that is monitored and not over-stayed, for workers only (no family) and for a duration of time- in cases where it is proven that "no American" will take that job and the job cannot be done without cheap labor.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: albrecht on April 15, 2016, 02:40:44 PM
I think a system of blimps, drones, horse-back and jeep, and boats monitoring the border, the trains, ships, and trucks. Along with landmines in the more remote areas (the landmines could be 'smart' and even moveable so the illegals and cartels couldn't find a route around them.) Mines are very cheap and have been proven effective in past (sorry, Princess Di.) Maybe a walls, with a gates, around key choke-points. The real solution, of course, is not to take in the able-bodied, honest, rich, or smart Mexicans and force them to change the politics of their country and to have heavy civil, and criminal, penalties for any business, church, school, person, charity, rancher, farmer, or anyone who hires, helps, or transports an illegal (with exceptions for initial first aid etc.) The cost of the smaller walls and the cost of transporting and deporting an illegal (or any healthcare costs) would be taken away from foreign aide we sent that country, seized from bank accounts they have in our Federal Reserve and other banks, or as a tariff on their goods. And put in a guest worker system, that is monitored and not over-stayed, for workers only (no family) and for a duration of time- in cases where it is proven that "no American" will take that job and the job cannot be done without cheap labor.
I think the land mines are a pretty silly notion.  I don't fault the man who's working his ass off to send his pay money to his impoverished family back in Oaxaca.  I've seen too many.  Its good ol' American greed.  The best control is heavily penalizing the employers of illegals.  The Republican Congress has had 20 years to do it.  Guess why they won't.