• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

starrmtn001

Quote from: (Redacted) on July 02, 2015, 07:20:15 PM
Those with twitter accounts:  Art tweeted about the show today.  Pretty please, would you re-tweet it?

[tweet]616706259547348992[/tweet]
Done and done! ;D

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Paper*Boy on July 02, 2015, 08:54:10 PM
I doubt very much it's Hoagie's show, if she's going to be on a program she'd probably like to be able to get more than a word or two out before being interrupted.

Point taken.

And besides that, hasn't she already put up with enough ego and foolishness during all those appearances on Coast with George Noory?

This is one of the reasons why I think she'll jump ship actually. I've had a few exchanges with her, and she strikes me as a no BS type of person. I don't think she'll deal with the C2C crowd's BS when there is an alternative around.

BattyBrooke

Quote from: (Redacted) on July 02, 2015, 07:20:15 PM
Those with twitter accounts:  Art tweeted about the show today.  Pretty please, would you re-tweet it?

https://twitter.com/ArtBell51/status/616706259547348992

I've been away awhile...Does this nean Art's givennthe go to finally blast away? I'd like to have something productive to do with my twitter account!

Aussie Dave

Quote from: No Quarter on July 02, 2015, 03:37:08 PM

https://youtu.be/Xr0JZBGI9Cw

Wow Jaz...just...WOW

I would like to add my voice to those who have already said how great these are!  You've done an excellent job, both with the video and the sound clips.

I think you deserve to get one of Art's parts as a thank-you souvenir gift for these trailers  8)

He certainly does.

Stellar effort Jaz man. I really love this one too. All your videos have been unique and have hit upon a major theme of the show. I too wonder what you have in store next.

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on July 02, 2015, 09:06:18 PM
Point taken.

This is one of the reasons why I think she'll jump ship actually. I've had a few exchanges with her, and she strikes me as a no BS type of person. I don't think she'll deal with the C2C crowd's BS when there is an alternative around.

I can almost hear her roll her eyes every time Dave comments "But she's like a sister to me!" Blech. I don't think he has the nerve to talk about her as a potential date while she's on the air but he sure loves to talk about it when she's not. "The listeners are always asking me about it!" Ugh. Who needs that BS.

Zenman

Okay, I give up. What should I know about signing up for Twitter? Never been a member and don't know a thing about it other than if I join, I'll be able to read about what kind of a day all my friends had at work and what they'll be having for dinner.

Can I sign up anonymously and will I be getting spammed as much as when I joined SoundCloud?

Heather Wade

Quote from: BattyBrooke on July 02, 2015, 09:12:42 PM
I've been away awhile...Does this nean Art's givennthe go to finally blast away? I'd like to have something productive to do with my twitter account!

July 4th is when the Blitz light goes green, and pedal to the metal.

jerry

Quote from: Zenman on July 02, 2015, 09:25:12 PM
Okay, I give up. What should I know about signing up for Twitter? Never been a member and don't know a thing about it other than if I join, I'll be able to read about what kind of a day all my friends had at work and what they'll be having for dinner.

Can I sign up anonymously and will I be getting spammed as much as when I joined SoundCloud?

Can't help there... don't know a damn thing about it either .

And, not sure I can think of a reason I would want it or other such things...

Zenman

Quote from: jerry on July 02, 2015, 09:30:20 PM
Can't help there... don't know a damn thing about it either .

That's ok. Glad there's another Luddite around.

jerry

Quote from: Zenman on July 02, 2015, 09:36:02 PM

Luddite... hmmm, I think I like that :)

Quote from: (Redacted) on July 02, 2015, 09:30:04 PM

July 4th is when the Blitz light goes green...

4th of July - there's sumpthin' else about that date.. oh right, it's the start of this year's Tour de France

No Quarter

Quote from: ADG12311990 on July 02, 2015, 07:36:59 PM

Knapp and Bell, with RCH, and (Hopefully) LMH. I can see Dave breaking out the dreaded ouija board to see if he can become the "King"

And he will... become the king of the midnight shift at the 7/11.

eddie dean

Create an new throw away email address to use for twitter.
You can use an alias if you prefer. I don't believe you need to use your real name. Unless something has  changed in the last year and a half since I signed up.
Once you sign up, go through the settings and preferences with a fine tooth comb. you can disable some or all email notifications & promo spam bs.

good luck

Needle woman

Somebody update me please.......

What has Art said that leads you all to think George Knapp will join him?  Other than common sense that George Knapp belongs with Art.

No Quarter

Another one here. I'm honestly not sure that I can encapsulate a statement/message in less than 140 characters (which is, no doubt, a huge annoyance to my friends)

Zenman

Quote from: eddie dean on July 02, 2015, 09:54:07 PM
You can use an alias if you prefer. I don't believe you need to use your real name. Unless something has  changed in the last year and a half since I signed up.
Once you sign up, go through the settings and preferences with a fine tooth comb. you can disable some or all email notifications & promo spam bs.

good luck

Thanks. I think my mistake when I signed up for SoundCloud was using my regular email account. Aside from the spam tho, I'm happy with them. Good tip on the disabling.

I wonder if "Zenman" is taken? Probably end up with Zenman137, or some other such prime number.

albrecht

Quote from: eddie dean on July 02, 2015, 09:54:07 PM

good luck
Can this be done also to become a "time traveler?" and even for RCH's new show but especially MITD? I'm banned from PayPal but have an email account under a name; not for any fraudulent purposes but one I don't use much and not linked to current address, bank accounts, etc. And never used for PayPal (where I was banned under my real name and various bank accounts.) Could I use that "name" with PayPal and a PrePaid for cash debit card and become a "time traveler?"

ps: is there a way, yet, to buy "gift memberships" to MITD?

OK i have a problem I am willing to admit it.

I am having freaking Art Bell dreams. I dreamed I was trying to call in but couldn't get through to Midnight in the Desert and I was getting mad. To make matters worse other bellgab members (some guy named Andy from Australia) kept getting to talk to Art.  >:(

Zenman

Quote from: No Quarter on July 02, 2015, 09:56:25 PM
Another one here. I'm honestly not sure that I can encapsulate a statement/message in less than 140 characters (which is, no doubt, a huge annoyance to my friends)

I've developed an ability to provide a lot of info in a few characters by having an Ebay business for many years, so that's no problem. I think I never joined Twitter mainly because I have the Luddite gene which apparently causes me to hesitate lunging into the future unless it's fairly necessary. I don't, for example, own a handheld device or have a Facebook account either. Yet.

For the record LMH is going to have a new show but it will be on KGRA.

jazmunda

Quote from: nooryisawesome on July 02, 2015, 10:13:18 PM

I am having freaking Art Bell dreams. I dreamed I was trying to call in but couldn't get through to Midnight in the Desert and I was getting mad. To make matters worse other bellgab members (some guy named Andy from Australia) kept getting to talk to Art.  >:(

Don't look at me. My name's Jaz.

Heather Wade

Quote from: b_dubb on July 02, 2015, 07:53:45 PM
#ArtBell needs to use #hashtags for better effect. Twitter is broadcasting. A hashtag is like channel.

#MidnightInTheDesert
#WannaTakeARide
#ArtBell.com
#DMTalk
#Blitz

#GoodTimesAhead

Divine

(Redacted)   Did you post the image. I did not see it.

Quote from: lonevoice on July 02, 2015, 08:01:42 PM
Jackstar, the worst poster on bellgab?  Nah, he doesn't even make it into my Top 10.  Besides, his post makes perfect sense in context. 

First, Needle woman posted this:

She followed up with this post:

Jackstar followed that with a picture of a Freudian Slip.  Note the young lady is wearing a slip, with words on it such as: repression, transference, projection, super ego, subconscious.  It's a Freudian slip...see?  I thought it was funny, and not random at all.

I knew you were smart, but damn!  I just saw a lady in a slip and wondered what it was all about.  I never even noticed the writing.

Before you make claims about who is or isn't the worst poster on Bellgab, step back and remember: Gnoory.

Quote from: Zenman on July 02, 2015, 08:25:49 PM
Very observant, lonevoice. I think a lot of us typical guys just noticed that you could kinda see thru her clothes and didn't realize it was in fact a "Freudian" slip. We were just trying to see thru it. I didn't even notice the words on it. I do give myself credit for noticing the Masonic tat, tho.

Well, there's that.

Quote from: Zenman on July 02, 2015, 08:43:31 PM
I've always been impressed just by the fact that she's figured out how to do multiple quotes.

Quote first post; copy text to clipboard.
Press browser's back button.
Quote second post; paste in first quote.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: lonevoice on July 02, 2015, 08:01:42 PM
Jackstar, the worst poster on bellgab?  Nah, he doesn't even make it into my Top 10.  Besides, his post makes perfect sense in context. 

First, Needle woman posted this:

She followed up with this post:

Jackstar followed that with a picture of a Freudian Slip.  Note the young lady is wearing a slip, with words on it such as: repression, transference, projection, super ego, subconscious.  It's a Freudian slip...see?  I thought it was funny, and not random at all.

Oh my god, you deciphered a Jackstar post and now it makes sense! You gots book lernin' or something because I never know what the hell Jack's on about. When I read the posts I always suspect that there's a point in there somewhere, a legitimate thought, not a troll, just a horrifically inarticulate writer.

Quote from: Paper*Boy on July 02, 2015, 09:48:12 PM
4th of July - there's sumpthin' else about that date.. oh right, it's the start of this year's Tour de France

I think it's when all the wimun folk wear parts of the American flag in place of a bikini.

ItsOver

Quote from: nooryisawesome on July 02, 2015, 10:13:18 PM

I am having freaking Art Bell dreams...
That certainly is preferable to Dave Noorie nightmares.