• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

bateman

Quote from: nooryisawesome on January 24, 2015, 10:26:49 PM
Hey wabc man. Know any producers?

Many, and would be happy to put him in touch with any of them. I'd do it myself if I wasn't busy at night.

Quote from: b_dubb on January 24, 2015, 10:20:02 PM
What would a "considerable investment" be?

I have a buddy in Jersey whose podcast equipment ran him about 14k, all told.

Eddie Coyle

We mocked it, but I think that "Mile High Club" thread got Art back here.

There are no coinshnadenshes.

b_dubb

Quote from: nooryisawesome on January 24, 2015, 10:26:49 PM
Hey wabc man. Know any producers?
+1 THIS

BellGab - We Solve Problems. Unless you're George Noory. Then you're screwed.

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 24, 2015, 10:40:16 PM

We mocked it, but I think that "Mile High Club" thread got Art back here.

There are no coinshnadenshes.
Strange that he didn't tell us how he voted on the Falkie thread, isn't it?

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on January 24, 2015, 10:45:17 PM

We gots to know!

Daggit

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on January 24, 2015, 10:45:17 PM

Falkie could be his new producer. He has recent experience in the podcast industry.

popple

ART! You'll be in good hands with Bateman  8) 

I hope you & your family get well soon. Some nasty bugs have been goin around.

Obviously if you chose to not come back it's gonna be a let down not hearing you this summer, but I do appreciate that we got you back again for a little while. I really enjoyed the experience of listening live and chatting with everyone here.

sydtron

Art,

Its hard not to give up and probably hard enough not to let your fans down. 
We will understand if you decide not to come back.  Do it becauae you've something to say. 
From the looks of it, you still have lots to say.  Its a crazy world out there.  We love it when you narrate it. 

73's.   KD9BWU

coaster

Quote from: Art Bell on January 24, 2015, 08:36:38 PM
Hi again,

Second, I do still have the Flu and have had a bad back since I was in my 20s, sometimes it is ok and at other times I can not walk. Only people with bad backs can possibly understand.

Art Bell
I know back pain. Have you ever tried one of those inversion tables for your back? I was considering buying one of those teeter hangup things I always see late at night on television.

Quote from: sydtron on January 24, 2015, 11:06:41 PM
Its a crazy world out there.  We love it when you narrate it. 

^^^^^That!^^^^^

Hi again,

It's been a long time since I have posted. First I did not miss any shows for Sirius/XM save for one when the studio in New York went down, none missed for my back or the spider bite.

Second, I do still have the Flu and have had a bad back since I was in my 20s, sometimes it is ok and at other times I can not walk. Only people with bad backs can possibly understand.

Third, IF I decide to take a run a streaming it will be free while live as I have always said, this would be in July
after my Non-Compete is over. It would also be at my own expense and require a considerable investment. It will
also require a Producer which may be a problem because Paul may not be available, no Producer would mean no show.

Fourth, I have zero regrets about having left Sirius/XM and were I faced today with the same situation now, would make the same decision. The ONLY thing I would have done is to not have signed a contract with them in the first place without understanding their streaming problems, it was represented to me that they had a viable National and International stream in place, that is on me.

Fifth, If anything aside from my Health would hold me back it would be the people who as I have read on this board are already starting to say I will quit again, if I decide to give this a try at my age there is no guarantee
my Health will hold out and if it does not it might be wiser to not begin as opposed to facing all the grief I would get if at some point I could not hold up.

These are the things I am considering...

Art Bell

Hi Art,

Great to see you back here. Whatever happens, make sure to choose the option that maximizes your happiness.

Cheers

b_dubb

I wrote a super complicated computer program to help Art figure out his path going forward. Here it is:

if ( $fun ) {

wannaTakeARide.initialize();

} else {

chillWithFamily.initialize();

}

Some of my best work.

Heather Wade

Quote from: b_dubb on January 24, 2015, 10:41:39 PM
+1 THIS

BellGab - We Solve Problems. Unless you're George Noory. Then you're screwed.

This^ 1,000+

zeebo

Hi again....

Thanks for the update, Art!  Please don't let a few grumps here discourage you - If you find a nice setup that works for you, we'd all love to have you back on-air again.  And if that isn't in the cards, then our sincere thanks for all the great times you've generously provided over the years.   All the best.

Heather Wade

Quote from: sydtron on January 24, 2015, 11:06:41 PM
Art,

Its hard not to give up and probably hard enough not to let your fans down. 
We will understand if you decide not to come back.  Do it becauae you've something to say. 
From the looks of it, you still have lots to say.  Its a crazy world out there.  We love it when you narrate it. 

73's.   KD9BWU

This too!! 

ks3484

Hi again,

Hi there you...  ;D

It's been a long time since I have posted. First I did not miss any shows for Sirius/XM save for one when the studio in New York went down, none missed for my back or the spider bite.

Yes you did. Sirius played a repeat on the night you couldn't broadcast because of your back. Not sure about the spider. I remember the picture though. I've never seen a spider take some serious flesh like that before.

Sorry to hear about the flu because being sick with anything really...really sucks. Do you think that it would really hold on til July? If it does...well...does Area 51 test subject ring any bells? I thought you and Ramona discovered at one point  that your being 50 pounds over weight aggravated your back condition so you decided to build an indoor handball court to over come that problem years ago.

Bad back ... arthritis ...  I can relate.

Third, IF I decide to take a run a streaming it will be free while live as I have always said, this would be in July
after my Non-Compete is over. It would also be at my own expense and require a considerable investment. It will
also require a Producer which may be a problem because Paul may not be available, no Producer would mean no show.

I'm fairly sure that if the Corporation for Public Broadcasting can fund raise every six months or so, so could the new Art Bell Broadcasting Company ( ABBC ). We You could fund raise and get plenty of support from the Public to help with expenses initially and on an ongoing basis.  :)

I'd be glad to produce (free of charge)....just tell or show me what needs to be done...  ;D

Fourth, I have zero regrets about having left Sirius/XM and were I faced today with the same situation now, would make the same decision. The ONLY thing I would have done is to not have signed a contract with them in the first place without understanding their streaming problems, it was represented to me that they had a viable National and International stream in place, that is on me.

True. It is in part on you and in part on your legal team for not doing their Due Diligence before letting you sign the contract with Sirius/XM. Appropriate interviews with other Sirius/XM broadcasters would have discovered that problem.

Fifth, If anything aside from my Health would hold me back it would be the people who as I have read on this board are already starting to say I will quit again, if I decide to give this a try at my age there is no guarantee my Health will hold out and if it does not it might be wiser to not begin as opposed to facing all the grief I would get if at some point I could not hold up.

Art Art Art....surely you are aware that there will always be Art haters out there no matter what you say or do. You are a threat to their tiny little worlds, and to those that they really are fans of. They want nothing more than to sabotage your efforts now and when you are back on the airwaves.

Yes old man. You do have to question yourself and your motives. You were in your prime between ages 45-55. Most of us were there with you then, and we are here with you now, in your prime senior years. You need to listen to some of the shows you did with people like Wayne Green. You seemed to be in awe of him for being as active as he was when he was in his 70's.

These are the things I am considering...

Well consider on old man. We are here to help - if we can....  ;)

Art Bell

Continue To Chronicle Your Observations Art!!!

Gemstone

Quote from: popple on January 24, 2015, 10:57:18 PM
ART! You'll be in good hands with Bateman  8)   

I agree!
Hope you feel better soon.

Quote from: bateman on January 24, 2015, 10:28:42 PM
Many, and would be happy to put him in touch with any of them. I'd do it myself if I wasn't busy at night.

Hey Art if your reading this Bateman does work with WABC and he can help if you need a producer. Sense  you mentioned that as an issue, I am sure he can put you in touch with a good one if needed. By all accounts Bateman has done some nice work with his podcast on DMRN and turned down an offer to appear on Noorys show.

littlechris

Quote from: nooryisawesome on January 25, 2015, 12:07:22 AM
By all accounts Bateman has done some nice work with his podcast on DMRN and turned down an offer to appear on Noorys show.

Really??  Steve Warner ROCKS!!!!!!!!

Quote from: littlechris on January 25, 2015, 12:11:42 AM
Really?????  Steve Warner ROCKS!!!!!!!!

Indeed. Steve is awesome and not in the sarcastic noory sense. George Noory wanted to do a weekly friday segment with Bateman . Which was refused by Bateman.

If you go to wabc website steve Warner aka Bateman's show is listed under the podcast tab, thereby proving his connection to them.

I'm case art confused Bateman = steve Warner. Also noory sucks and isn't awesome at all.

b_dubb

I belive in Steve

dan7800

Art, come back. C2c sucks.

Quote from: bateman on January 24, 2015, 10:25:57 PM
Thanks for checking in, Art.

Don't commit to 5 nights a week. It's too much. Do 1 or 2, and jump on whenever you feel like during the week to do open lines or something.

Feel better.

Bingo! Exactly what I have been preaching for ages.

Scully

Quote from: FightTheFuture on January 24, 2015, 09:22:20 PM

Don`t worry, Scully, all your dirty little secrets are safe with me. 8)

Just don't tell 'em where the bodies are buried and we'll always be buds.  ;D

Scully

Art, 

Thanks for the post.  It's nice to be noticed.  I listened to a replay of one of your Dark Matter shows tonight on U2 radio for the first time.  Just haven't had the heart to do it til now.

We all love you here, no matter what anyone says in frustration.  Face it, you're a Rock Star at age (almost) 70.

Hoping to hear more from you here between now and July.  Maybe you and Dave Schrader could make a deal to switch out nights, with him taking the lion's share unless you're up to more.  He's the closest to you of anyone I've heard.  He really does "get it."   ;) 

zeebo

Quote from: Scully on January 25, 2015, 02:43:05 AM
...Maybe you and Dave Schrader could make a deal to switch out nights.

I propose Art as primary host with Knapp, Schrader, and Warner to round things out.  This combo would rule the night and smash c2c.

littlechris

Quote from: zeebo on January 25, 2015, 02:59:07 AM
I propose Art as primary host with Knapp, Schrader, and Warner to round things out.  This combo would rule the night and smash c2c.

#DREAMTEAM

Scully

Quote from: zeebo on January 25, 2015, 02:59:07 AM

Now there ya go!!!!  Spread out the both the talent and the stress.  A round robin of the cream of the crop. 

I would buy tickets to watch Noory squirm, too. LOL.  :D