• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Ross Mitchell

Started by tprainbow, February 14, 2009, 05:54:08 PM

Shockwave

I'm sure Premier could've worked something out money wise with the other station/company to let Ross keep announcing on Coast. 

Art was smart to get the hell out of there.... 

blackshap9

Ross Mitchell going on tour! Buy your tickets NOW!

If you scroll down you can see him. He's the one with white hair and wearing the white jacket.  8) His daughter Yona Mitchell in the purple dress is hot!

http://www.rossmitchellband.com/

McPhallus

Why did Richard C. Hoaxland just pop into my head?

Quote from: Paper*Boy on April 11, 2012, 09:00:21 PM

I still think this was a Team Noory operation.  This has George's pettyness, ego, and paranoia all over it. 

Why would a radio station that has carried Coast all along stop an employee from doing announcements just because they no longer carry the program?  Why intentionally create bad will with PremRat, and with their own employee?  Isn't it common for people in the industry do outside deals, commercials, voiceover work, etc?   Ross's contract with his station probably even allows him to do so and specifically lists C2C as one of his clients.

preston

Quote from: blackshap9 on April 12, 2012, 03:22:56 AM
Ross Mitchell going on tour! Buy your tickets NOW!

If you scroll down you can see him. He's the one with white hair and wearing the white jacket.  8) His daughter Yona Mitchell in the purple dress is hot!

http://www.rossmitchellband.com/
It sure must be tough on him to do a daily radio show,Monday-Friday and still have a band that plays in England.
Duh

Sardondi

Quote from: Sardondi on April 11, 2012, 08:56:23 AM
I could find his Twitter account via Google....

Obviously that should have been "I couldn't find his Twitter account". I hope I didn't send anyone on a futile search.

Why don't they just have John B Wells do the voice overs 

morphiaflow

Quote from: HorrorReporter on April 12, 2012, 02:10:14 PM
Why don't they just have John B Wells do the voice overs

Much as I dislike him, I had the same thought. He DOES have the voice for it (it's the only thing I'll give him) and while it would increase his exposure, it could limit his damage....

Oh and I thought *I* was Johnny One Note...

fabucat

Red Eye radio may be one radio show that's worse than Coast to Coast.  Of course, I'm a lefty.  Red Eye Radio makes Limbaugh sound like Karl Marx. 

As much as I'm critical about Wells and Noory, they sometimes enunciate views with which I agree.

Red Eye Radio just functions as an Obama hate machine with some trucker stuff.  I'm not thrilled with the Pres. (too conservative), but at least it's not because he's a black guy.

I sometimes listen to African American talker Joe Madison.  You have no idea how many black truckers call in.  That's not to suggest that all blacks just follow Obama blindly, but they've got to hate all of the right wing heat on Red Eye Radio. 

That's another thing I've got to like about Coast; it appears to have a more diverse listenership than many daytime radio shows do.

blackshap9

Ross Mitchell Video Profile

wn.com/Ross_Mitchell_Video_Profile
Ross Mitchell Video Profile on WN Network delivers the latest Videos and Editable ... the original host of the paranormal-themed radio program Coast to Coast AM. ... language word for the ash tree, and an ash leaf is featured on the city's flag.

http://wn.com/Ross_Mitchell_Video_Profile

Ross Mitchell going to red Eye radio only may be a career killer for him. Think about it, the magic of Art Bell was that it was not really a political show. And now, politics drives the day and night. I think I am just tired of it, and I know lots of other people are too

kf5iwe

I heard Ross the other night on redeye. He said "If you are calling from east of the rockies dial 1 8***********  and west of the rockies dial 1-8******** , imagine that one number for one show" I fell out of my chair at work.

The General

Quote from: kf5iwe on April 13, 2012, 08:37:37 AM
I heard Ross the other night on redeye. He said "If you are calling from east of the rockies dial 1 8***********  and west of the rockies dial 1-8******** , imagine that one number for one show" I fell out of my chair at work.

that's awesome.

I heard a rumor that Ross going to Red Eye Radio is just temporary. Ross's true next gig is hooking back up with Art as Art has just signed a huge deal with Sirus/XM.

Since you all will ask, I heard it from Fort Rock............. :-X

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: From Somewhere Out There on April 13, 2012, 11:50:15 AM
I heard a rumor that Ross going to Red Eye Radio is just temporary. Ross's true next gig is hooking back up with Art as Art has just signed a huge deal with Sirus/XM.

Since you all will ask, I heard it from Fort Rock............. :-X

lol, you fucking asshole.  you got me all excited.

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on April 13, 2012, 07:20:38 PM

lol, you fucking asshole.  you got me all excited.

Ha, ha Michael. Now we are even for that little April Fools joke you played on us last year. That was classic.

One could only hope that Ross we re-joining Art. Don't lose the faith. You never know what Art will do......

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: From Somewhere Out There on April 14, 2012, 12:04:49 AM
Ha, ha Michael. Now we are even for that little April Fools joke you played on us last year. That was classic.

lol, yeah, it was.  for those who don't know, on april fools 2011, the forum was redirecting to the "george noory fan club" on facebook.

i enjoy deliberately hacking the forum from time to time just to mess with people. 

take, for example, this classic which themudking and i implemented recently:

[attachurl=2]

Sardondi

I just tracked down a Red Eye Radio station in my locality - I had no idea RER existed and already had a toehold on overnight radio. It's the usual talk radio - relentlessly political/cultural and from a majority conservative perspective, and ads, ads, ADS. BUT Ross Mitchell is the announcer! It was nice to hear him, but I don't see myself tuning in much.

IvannZ

Well I wouldn't be surprised if Ross was let go a long time ago and their just using his voice over and over again. George did what he thought was best.

blackshap9

Ross Mitchell & Monica Jaye want you to help Name the Bighorn, and be entered to win great prizes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNkc14S6nFM

YES IT'S THE REAL ROSS MITCHELL THIS TIME ENJOY

Ruteger

Actually, it appears to be anticipation in the pulling of the other man's finger...

Or perhaps, he had caressed Goerge's left nipple with his tongue just five minutes before?

===================================================

Quote from: b_dubb on April 15, 2012, 01:06:35 PM
George looks CRAZED in that photo. Must be excited about his man-boobs

McPhallus

That pic was taken just before he decided to "go for a ride," on George's legendary 'stache.

Hate to say it, but I heard one of the new guys the other night, and there's not a ton of difference between the old and the new.  These voice guys are all somewhat interchangeable.

Quote from: Ruteger on April 15, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Actually, it appears to be anticipation in the pulling of the other man's finger...

Or perhaps, he had caressed Goerge's left nipple with his tongue just five minutes before?

===================================================

Harmness

Quote from: guildnavigator on April 10, 2012, 01:36:13 PM
Art used to play ABBA all of the time in the glory days.

It took a long time, but I forgive him.

11angeleyes11

Quote from: Harmness on April 17, 2012, 05:26:36 PM
It took a long time, but I forgive him.

. . but with every Friday's Dancing Queen, the legacy continues. .

Eddie Coyle

As Knapp went to the commercial break(3:56 am EDT) I went around the dial. And I stumbled upon this:
         "I've made the switch; so should you"

Who spoke that line? It was Ross Mitchell, and that's apparently a tag line Red Eye Radio is now using. As much as I dislike Noory, it just seems utterly devoid of class.

McPhallus

Shitty, but likely par for the course these days as radio is shrinking and competition is fierce.  I wonder if RM switching over wasn't somehow a strategic move to cannibalize the show one piece at a time.

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on April 23, 2012, 09:30:58 AM
      As Knapp went to the commercial break(3:56 am EDT) I went around the dial. And I stumbled upon this:
         "I've made the switch; so should you"

Who spoke that line? It was Ross Mitchell, and that's apparently a tag line Red Eye Radio is now using. As much as I dislike Noory, it just seems utterly devoid of class.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: McPhallus on April 23, 2012, 10:07:06 AM
Shitty, but likely par for the course these days as radio is shrinking and competition is fierce.  I wonder if RM switching over wasn't somehow a strategic move to cannibalize the show one piece at a time.
It is certainly curious, does "Red Eye" now see itself as the heir to C2C?

Somebody needs to break the news to Ross that his move was lateral at best.