• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Dark Matter Network Content

Started by Textor, November 22, 2013, 10:44:43 AM

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Morgus on November 25, 2013, 04:33:56 PM
Richard Hoagland always wanted Noory to let him host the show, maybe Art Bell can give Hoagland a once a month slot on the new Dark Matter network too? :)

Unless I am off my rocker, I think Art could be "interviewed" every night on artbell.com.  Does a NC prohibit being interviewed, which happens to include other callers?

aldousburbank

Quote from: Philosopher on November 25, 2013, 04:36:42 PM
Unless I am off my rocker, I think Art could be "interviewed" every night on artbell.com.  Does a NC prohibit being interviewed, which happens to include other callers?

You probably are, he probably could, it probably doesn't. Any other questions?

I don't think Art would be willing to play second fiddle like that, the show needs to be his.  I feel like even if they did loophole it like that, Sirius might sue anyway.  And could probably build a convincing case for that being an attempted breach of the NC.  Which it would be.  But then there's a likelihood the NC wouldn't be held up if they did challenge it like that. 

Ghost Gab

Quote from: Ghost Gab on November 25, 2013, 11:02:31 AM
As I mentioned to some here via PM, my podcast will not be submitted for the Art Bell website, my choice. But for those who would like to hear what a one person space news related podcast with no guests sounds like, I just uploaded this weeks show. Here is the direct link to the mp3 file
http://www.satwatch.org/spacegab_podcast_25nov2013.mp3 but if you want to see the show topics or want to hear any archived shows just go to http://www.spacegab.com
I was totally surprised when I found out about some who listen to it such as space agency personnel, other countries space related industry people and others like that. I received emails from a number of different countries space program heads which just blew me away. I'm sure all the wonderful podcasts that will be found on Arts website will attract a great number of listeners. Have fun with it!

For anyone who happened to listen to my space news podcast today here is an update to one story I talked about. The SpaceX Falcon 9 v1.1 did not launch today as expected. Liftoff from Space Launch Complex 40 at Cape Canaveral was scrubbed after three holds were called within the launch window, resulting in a postponement until Thursday. Unknown what exact problem is but they are working on it with Thanksgiving Day being the next attempt. I'll discuss this more during the next podcast. 73 Mike

JimHarold

Thanks everyone for listening...and, of course, thanks to Art Bell and the whole DMN team...it was a blast, looking forward to the coming weeks!

Spinner

I love being able to listen to my favorite topics via ArtBell.com
I'm sure that as more people discover Art's Dark Matter Network, it will grow and grow.

Textor

Quote from: JimHarold on November 25, 2013, 08:13:50 PM
Thanks everyone for listening...and, of course, thanks to Art Bell and the whole DMN team...it was a blast, looking forward to the coming weeks!

Good show, Jim. It was a good start to something with great potential :)

Spinner

And to complete the lineup, "Dark Weekend" takes the Saturday night spot.

Saturday 10pm EST/7pm PST  Dark Weekend w/Steve Warner
http://artbell.com/

Congrats, bateman!

Spinner

Here's this week's full line-up:

Monday  8pm EST / 5pm PST   Paranormal Podcast w/Jim Harold

Tuesday  8pm EST / 5pm PST   The Spec Sheet w/MV and Curtis

Wednesday  8pm EST / 5pm PST   Podcast UFO w/Martin and Sam

Thursday     OFF AIR (Thanksgiving)

Friday  12am PST / 3am EST     After Dark w/Bryan Alvarez

Saturday  10pm EST / 7pm PST   Dark Weekend w/Steve Warner

Sunday  8pm EST / 5pm PST   Paranormal Central w/Jeffre Gonzalez and
                                                Allen Thomas
Sunday  10pm EST / 7pm PST   Supernatural Science w/Tobias McGriff

Edit:
Hmmm...  looks like there's room on Friday night for another show,

Juan

I listened on the same equipment I used to listen to Sirius.  I had dropouts on Sirius - not one on Art's stream.  It could be a function of fewer listeners, but still interesting.

ROBERTS

Outstanding! This is what SHOULD be happening with the world wide web...grassroots based independant entrepreneurial Free Enterprise! Back when I dropped the statement about building an independant streaming web network based on the already huge following Art Bell brings, I had no idea those wheels were already turning..apparently great minds do think alike!
You can rely on us in Czech Republic at Yankee Outpost Sazovice for unwavering support..one crazy comics illustrator, one gorgeous internet photo model, and 4 completely insane cats...we're onboard!

This is the thing the Establishment fears most..loss of control. Let's make all of their worst nightmares real for them.

valdez

Quote from: ROBERTS on November 26, 2013, 05:16:56 AM
...You can rely on us in Czech Republic at Yankee Outpost Sazovice for unwavering support..one crazy comics illustrator, one gorgeous internet photo model, and 4 completely insane cats...we're onboard!

This is the kind of spirit and enthusiasm I would follow into the Valley of Death.

JimHarold

For those interested, the Robert Schoch interview from last night's show is now up at JimHarold.com

ROBERTS

I'll jump over there and check it out Jim..thanks.

Here's the fundamental problem in trying to listen to current C2C as opposed to Art Bell on either Dreamland or C2C or DM..
With Art, you feel like you're on a mission..you're part of some expedition of discovery into the dark places brave men fear.
And your leader in this quest, Art Bell, brings genuine curiosity and scientific questioning to the journey..he really WANTS to KNOW.
He ENGAGES. He contributes. He adds his knowledge to the collective of us all and searches WITH us..we are not spectators on an
Art Bell mission of discovery..we are PARTICIPANTS. We're all carrying our own torch through these terrifying caverns, but Art Bell is at the head of the column chopping down the cobwebs for us..

Noory? He might as well phone it in. Pure commercial, no spirit, no interest. That's all that's left in my book to finalize the Death of C2C, the day when both the Guest and the Host are doing the show ON THE PHONE from somewhere else...it's coming, trust me.

I've seen daylight close up UFOs..spectacular 300 ft torpedo shape ships in Orlando, glowing formations of a hundred orbs over Sedona, Fiery orange fireballs over Brno, Czech, hovering grey ships siphoning seawater off the beach in Miami, anti gravity drones 200 ft over my head in Colorado...I am fortunate. I'm not wondering if anyone is out there or if they are real. I know. Art knows.

We all want to Know More. So we're all waiting for Art to put that dusty hat on, light a torch, and lead the way once more.

CornyCrow

Quote from: ROBERTS on November 26, 2013, 11:19:45 AM
I'll jump over there and check it out Jim..thanks.

Here's the fundamental problem in trying to listen to current C2C as opposed to Art Bell on either Dreamland or C2C or DM..
With Art, you feel like you're on a mission..you're part of some expedition of discovery into the dark places brave men fear.
And your leader in this quest, Art Bell, brings genuine curiosity and scientific questioning to the journey..he really WANTS to KNOW.
He ENGAGES. He contributes. He adds his knowledge to the collective of us all and searches WITH us..we are not spectators on an
Art Bell mission of discovery..we are PARTICIPANTS. We're all carrying our own torch through these terrifying caverns, but Art Bell is at the head of the column chopping down the cobwebs for us..

Noory? He might as well phone it in. Pure commercial, no spirit, no interest. That's all that's left in my book to finalize the Death of C2C, the day when both the Guest and the Host are doing the show ON THE PHONE from somewhere else...it's coming, trust me.

I've seen daylight close up UFOs..spectacular 300 ft torpedo shape ships in Orlando, glowing formations of a hundred orbs over Sedona, Fiery orange fireballs over Brno, Czech, hovering grey ships siphoning seawater off the beach in Miami, anti gravity drones 200 ft over my head in Colorado...I am fortunate. I'm not wondering if anyone is out there or if they are real. I know. Art knows.

We all want to Know More. So we're all waiting for Art to put that dusty hat on, light a torch, and lead the way once more.
Yeah.  Some of these podcasts are interesting, but one thing about Art is that he seemed to anticipate my questions and sometimes asked them even before I was through formulating it in my mind.  I think this built up a certain level of trust with Art and that will probably not happen with an assortment of podcasts in which a host is met for only once a week and only for an hour, at that. 

Listening to Art was like having an old friend back.  Not so with these new people.  That's a hard nut for them to crack. 

HMC

From ArtBell.com:

ANNOUNCING THE DARK MATTER RADIO NETWORK
While we wait for Art's return, we'll be offering up other Internet radio shows on our LIVE stream, for your listening pleasure.
Mon   5p PST 8p EST   Paranormal Podcast w/Jim Harold
Mon   7p PST/10p EST   Ravenstar's Witching Hour
Tue   5p PST/8p EST   The Spec Sheet w/MV and Curtis
Wed   5p PST/8p EST   Podcast UFO w/Martin and Sam
Wed   6p PST/9p EST   The Malliard Report
Thu   Next Week   Keeping the Spirits Alive!
Fri   7p PST/10p EST   Starfire Wolflair w/Carolyn Goyda
Fri   12a PST/3a EST   After Dark w/Bryan Alvarez
Sat   7p PST/10p EST   Dark Weekend w/Steve Warner
Sat   9p PST/12a EST   The Secret Teachings
Sun   5p PST/8p EST   Paranormal Central w/Jeffre Gonzalez and Allen Thomas
Sun   7p PST/10p EST   Supernatural Science w/Tobias McGriff

Ravenna

Quote from: HMC on November 26, 2013, 08:58:52 PM
From ArtBell.com:

While we wait for Art's return, we'll be offering up other Internet radio shows on our LIVE stream, for your listening pleasure.

Almost a full line-up other than the second slot on Tuesday nights.  Would be nice to see Mysterious Universe there.

Spinner

Quote from: JimHarold on November 26, 2013, 08:07:46 AM
For those interested, the Robert Schoch interview from last night's show is now up at JimHarold.com
Thanks, Jim.
I just finished listening to The Spec Sheet on ArtBell.com, and would love to listen to Dr. Schoch's interview again.

Heather Wade

Quote from: HMC on November 26, 2013, 08:58:52 PM
From ArtBell.com:

Happy Dance ensues.  Wow.

walkindude

I was looking thru this thread and Phil Plait, The Bad Astronomer popped into my mind, so I did a search for a podcast by him.
Not totally sure if he is anyway involved with this or the logistics of securing a podcast for the website but I suggested this to Keith.
http://www.astronomycast.com/
Looks interesting and I think it would be a good fit to the artbell.com theme!

onan

I am feeling rather dimwitted for not talking about Astroguy and Expat. They are doing a cast I think. And along with Agent : orange are probably the most scientifically grounded members we have.

aldousburbank

Quote from: onan on November 27, 2013, 12:04:15 PM
I am feeling rather dimwitted for not talking about Astroguy and Expat. They are doing a cast I think. And along with Agent : orange are probably the most scientifically grounded members we have.
Also, I believe another member, Gnoory, is doing some kind of schow that is very amazingly sciency.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: aldousburbank on November 27, 2013, 12:14:11 PM
Also, I believe another member, Gnoory, is doing some kind of schow that is very amazingly sciency.

If you are interested in Data heads on the moon, asteroids with brains, and self-producing oil deposits then Noory's your man.

onan

Quote from: aldousburbank on November 27, 2013, 12:14:11 PM

sometimes... just when I think you are irascible... you go even further.

And I seem to like it.

aldousburbank

Quote from: onan on November 27, 2013, 12:18:41 PM
sometimes... just when I think you are irascible... you go even further.

And I seem to like it.
Further. I did the wiki entry for that.

But literally, I'm on a train
I can't complain.

Danger!UFO

Art Bell's Dark Matter Network. 24 Hours a day. Seven Days a week. ON now!

I know Keith is in contact with the Paracast. That would be a big score.

I am going to be honest. A couple of the shows I don't really care for, but that is to be expected. I think the lineup will always be subject to change.

I have HIGH hopes for Tobias and Bateman.

Spinner

I'm listening to tonight's podcast.
I think it's the Maillard Report, but the guest is on a cell phone and sometimes he's difficult to understand.
I wish guests wouldn't use cell phones to be interviewed. Not a good listening experience. :(

zeebo

Quote from: valdez on November 26, 2013, 07:15:14 AM
     This is the kind of spirit and enthusiasm I would follow into the Valley of Death.

Valdez I am marching right along with you.

Falkie2013

Quote from: Ravenna on November 24, 2013, 07:40:21 PM
This is excellent!!!  What a great use to put Artbell.com to until Art comes back "on the air" via that same location.

Hmm, why don't we and Art, Keith and Paul come up with the Dark Matter/Art Bell/Bell Gab Cookbook ?

Art did say they couldn't stop him from writing a book and we could subtitle it something like :

Recipes for foods to eat while you're listening to paranormal shows in the middle of the night.

Or at an oasis in the desert.