• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Famous Haunted Locations

Started by Chine, October 30, 2013, 10:40:22 AM

Chine

I've been doing research on an upcoming article and have been exploring a few well known haunted sites.
Planning a trip to New Orleans. Curious if anyone has visited Marie Laveau's tomb. Also, if anyone has been on the Spirit Tours.

The LaLaurie Mansion is another. What horrific history there. If unfamiliar, google 'Delphine LaLaurie'.
Anyone been there?

Recently, on Instagram, I was going about looking at pictures friends post. One stopped me cold in my tracks. (as I 'sensitive', I can read from photos). It was outside shots of a building. Inside shots...hallways. I asked her...'Okay, what the hell is this place?'

She informs me it's Larundel Mental Asylum, Melbourne, Australia. Later, I discover from reading up on it, that it's another well known haunted location. It's eerie as hell to me, just from energies I saw and felt in photos. More information flooded to me and had to block it, as I do at times in clairvoyance, etc.

Juan

Quote from: Chine on October 30, 2013, 10:40:22 AM
I've been doing research on an upcoming article and have been exploring a few well known haunted sites.
Planning a trip to New Orleans. Curious if anyone has visited Marie Laveau's tomb.
I visited in the early 70s.  It was covered in hex signs - graffiti.  I was disappointed that nothing happened. Probably the fault of the wholly unbelieving psychology major I was with.

Jnthn932

Planning a trip to New Orleans. Curious if anyone has visited Marie Laveau's tomb. Also, if anyone has been on the Spirit Tours.

The LaLaurie Mansion is another. What horrific history there. If unfamiliar, google 'Delphine LaLaurie'.
Anyone been there?

Recently, on Instagram, I was going about looking at pictures friends post. One stopped me cold in my tracks. (as I 'sensitive', I can read from photos). It was outside shots of a building. Inside shots...hallways. I asked her...'Okay, what the hell is this place?'

She informs me it's Larundel Mental Asylum, Melbourne, Australia. Later, I discover from reading up on it, that it's another well known haunted location. It's eerie as hell to me, just from energies I saw and felt in photos. More information flooded to me and had to block it, as I do at times in clairvoyance, etc.
You will not find Marie Laveau's tomb on any "spirit tour". The tomb the take you to is not hers. The story of the X's on her tomb was made up by the companies that give tours. If you really want to find her tomb, the tour will bring you to the correct cemetery so wander around in your own for a while and wait for a man in all black with long black hair to show up. He WILL appear and take you to the correct tomb if he finds you worthy and believes your intentions are pure. Sounds crazy I know, but what I say is true. 

Jnthn932

Louisiana is rich with haunted locations. Baton Rouge in particular has one of my favorite lesser known haunted locations. The old state capital downtown. It's said be haunted by the kingfish himself. If you're looking for just flat out weird and unexplainable experiences, Chicot State Park is a good place to go. I camp there a lot and most times you will hear strange loud noises accompanied by bright white lights hovering over the lake. It sounds and looks like something out of the war of the worlds. Creepy stuff. The Myrtles plantation in St. Francisville in another good one. Stay a night in the main house if you can.

Chine

Quote from: Jnthn932 on October 30, 2013, 12:07:55 PM
You will not find Marie Laveau's tomb on any "spirit tour". The tomb the take you to is not hers. The story of the X's on her tomb was made up by the companies that give tours. If you really want to find her tomb, the tour will bring you to the correct cemetery so wander around in your own for a while and wait for a man in all black with long black hair to show up. He WILL appear and take you to the correct tomb if he finds you worthy and believes your intentions are pure. Sounds crazy I know, but what I say is true.

Ha. Well 'crazy' is relative and typical in discussion of all under the heading 'Paranormal'

Ah...indeed, the Guide. Same is true as I was told by a 98 year old Lakota Sioux Holy Elder. Pineridge reservation is not easily marked with signs 'this way!'. It is said if Spirit finds intention pure, you are guided and on journey to those you meet. Wounded Knee is an area like that too. Personally, and gratefully I did not pick up anything there. Yet, instead, it was a stretch of land where a fort was built that madme violently ill. Felt as if I sharp blast exploded at my right temple. Later, I found literature on that fort's history which confirmed my experience.

jazmunda

I have never heard of this place.

I looked it up and it is on the other side of town to me. When I used the Google maps directions it said it was 41 minutes (not including traffic) from my place.

My mum grew up not far from there so I will ask her later if she has ever heard of the place.

Now I want to check it out. Sounds very spooky.

Chine

Quote from: jazmunda on October 30, 2013, 04:27:31 PM
I have never heard of this place.

I looked it up and it is on the other side of town to me. When I used the Google maps directions it said it was 41 minutes (not including traffic) from my place.

My mum grew up not far from there so I will ask her later if she has ever heard of the place.

Now I want to check it out. Sounds very spooky.

If you google search images for 'Larundel Mental Asylum' ...there's a lot. Now, mostly it's been vandalized. It's a huge place. Several buildings. Even when my friend on Instagram posted pics of newly painted hallways or areas converted...it freaked me out. Just something...under the surface. There was a photo she took of the exterior of another building of the asylum that she felt someone was there watching her. Ghost or living person, didn't matter. She said she left as it was too much for her, even deleted some of her photos.

Ravenna

Btw, the Ghost Adventures guys just investigated The Myrtles Plantation in Louisiana a couple of weeks ago.  Reportedly they got a lot of good evidence.  That episode will air early in 2014.

There's an excellent book written by Frances Kermeen about the mutliple hauntings at The Myrtles:  she owned the place and lived there for several years.  Probably the creepiest book about a haunted house I've ever read.  It rang completely real, and this despite the fact that Frances Kermeen is not a very good writer.

steelbot

My home town I grew up in, Decatur, IL is very haunted and has books and stuff written about it.

analog kid

My home town in Louisiana has the "Gothic Jail." It's a 100 year old hanging jail that gets regular visits from paranormal investigators. The pics don't do it justice and you can practically hear the ominous male voice choir while driving past it.

Jnthn932

Quote from: Ravenna on November 24, 2013, 03:02:59 PM
Btw, the Ghost Adventures guys just investigated The Myrtles Plantation in Louisiana a couple of weeks ago.  Reportedly they got a lot of good evidence.  That episode will air early in 2014.

There's an excellent book written by Frances Kermeen about the mutliple hauntings at The Myrtles:  she owned the place and lived there for several years.  Probably the creepiest book about a haunted house I've ever read.  It rang completely real, and this despite the fact that Frances Kermeen is not a very good writer.
Excellent! Those guys are a little over the top at times but any publicity that brings tourists to my state is great. Honestly, they will probably be one of the last guys to do an investigation there or at any other plantation in LA for a while. Last week, a group of jackass "ghost hunters" were getting stoned and managed to burn down a 300 year old plantation. F'n potheads. I'll have to check that book out. I could probably write one myself detailing all the weird stuff I've seen and heard there. Louisiana is by far one the most haunted and paranormaly active states. I recommend anyone come down for a visit!Laissez les bons temps rouler!!!!

Jnthn932

Quote from: analog kid on November 24, 2013, 10:06:35 PM
My home town in Louisiana has the "Gothic Jail." It's a 100 year old hanging jail that gets regular visits from paranormal investigators. The pics don't do it justice and you can practically hear the ominous male voice choir while driving past it.

Where are you from?

Jnthn932

Quote from: analog kid on November 24, 2013, 10:18:33 PM
A very small town called DeRidder, Southwest LA.

More about the jail.
Greetings from the capital city. Nice to LA well represented.

analog kid

Quote from: Jnthn932 on November 24, 2013, 10:22:27 PM
Greetings from the capital city. Nice to LA well represented.

Cheers. I thought your avatar looked like Jungle Gardens for a bit there.

Jnthn932

Quote from: analog kid on November 24, 2013, 10:30:06 PM
Cheers. I thought your avatar looked like Jungle Gardens for a bit there.
No it's a section of the Wild Azalea trail in the Kisatchie National Forest.

Marc.Knight

Famous Haunted Locations?  How about Noory's moustache?

Jnthn932

Ravenna

Quote from: Jnthn932 on November 24, 2013, 10:10:55 PM
Excellent! Those guys are a little over the top at times but any publicity that brings tourists to my state is great. Honestly, they will probably be one of the last guys to do an investigation there or at any other plantation in LA for a while. Last week, a group of jackass "ghost hunters" were getting stoned and managed to burn down a 300 year old plantation. F'n potheads. I'll have to check that book out. I could probably write one myself detailing all the weird stuff I've seen and heard there. Louisiana is by far one the most haunted and paranormaly active states. I recommend anyone come down for a visit!Laissez les bons temps rouler!!!!

I heard about those fools causing a historic plantation house to burn down.  Such a huge shame.  Not professional ghost investigators, that's for sure:  just a stupid bunch of people out partying, I got the feeling.

Frances Kermeen's book on The Myrtles is on Amazon (buy it used, is my suggestion:  I think it's about a penny).  Some better stocked libraries carry it, too.  It's a great read:  so scary I had to refrain from reading it right before bedtime.

Ravenna

Quote from: analog kid on November 24, 2013, 10:06:35 PM

What's the exact name and location of this place?  I'd like to look up information about it.  Thanks.

DarKPenguiN

Waverly Hills Sanitarium in KY is terrifying I have heard.

They allow you to stay overnight and wander around but last I looked the waiting list was huge http://therealwaverlyhills.com/newsite/

-I am going next year. I have said that for the last 2-3 years. =/