• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

cosmic hobo

Quote from: Art Bell on April 18, 2015, 03:29:47 PM
The ONLY reason you are in the up's and Down's with me in this project is because I choose to share them with this group. If that is simply to painful for some I can stop, this is a evolving affair and I am sure there will be more to suffer through.

Keith is a slightly cranky very bright guy who has a hell of a lot to do as do I. I have been building (2) Laptop computers for the studio for the last two days from scratch and just that has me in a foul mood. Windows 7 from scratch.

There are a lot of very smart people on here and your input has been valuable.

Art

Thanks for the updates Art. It is truly appreciated by your long time fans. I'm new to posting to this forum but I've been following for a long time. No other broadcaster or personality who is planning a project would offer their fans a glimpse into the setup as you are doing. Ignore the haters and naysayers. Your true fans appreciate it. July cannot come soon enough.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: (Redacted) on April 18, 2015, 03:49:32 PM
I dig very much being in the loop with you, Art.  The ups & downs are all part of the ride.  And - being privy will only make that first night listening to you on the air that much sweeter. 

You probably know this, but, what you're building there is not a computer.  It's magic.

Yeah!  What (Redacted) said!

Danger!UFO

Here's my reply from Keith which is very appreciated. It's all related to Art's show so I think I can share it.

jazmunda and I and a few other had a question about (not downloading) streaming past shows with music intact.

Will we be able to stream ‘on-demand’ Art’s new show with the music intact?

​The LIVE program will have all the bumper music. The music will be stripped for the archives. ​

Maybe have the previous week’s shows available and rotate them out with the next weeks shows? Maybe archive some ‘new classic’ shows for new subscribers?

​The subscription will contain ALL shows, at least as financially viable.​

I know you can’t offer downloadable shows with the music intact. CtC offers streaming of the old shows with music intact. Will you be doing the same thing?

​No, because we would have to pay the license fee every time.​

I know of many people who would pay extra for that option. I’ll be subscribing for $5 a month but would gladly pay more to stream the show with music.

​Just have to listen live for now. Should a different license model be created that make it affordable we would certainly consider it.​

Please let me if this is a consideration.

Thanks! Keep up the good work on the Dark Matter radio Network!

Best Regards,

Keith Rowland
Dark Matter Radio Network

coaster

The ONLY reason you are in the up's and Down's with me in this project is because I choose to share them with this group. If that is simply to painful for some I can stop, this is a evolving affair and I am sure there will be more to suffer through.

Keith is a slightly cranky very bright guy who has a hell of a lot to do as do I. I have been building (2) Laptop computers for the studio for the last two days from scratch and just that has me in a foul mood. Windows 7 from scratch.

Art
Art, I think I can speak for the majority of us when I say we really do appreciate being in the know. I for one think its great to see this process evolve. It will make the show that much more interesting. Make sure to take a break once in awhile. Hate to see laptop parts start flying through the windows.

Heather Wade

Quote from: coaster on April 18, 2015, 03:59:58 PM
Art, I think I can speak for the majority of us when I say we really do appreciate being in the know. I for one think its great to see this process evolve. It will make the show that much more interesting. Make sure to take a break once in awhile. Hate to see laptop parts start flying through the windows.

This is Art Bell we're talking about.  He needs to keep a fire extinguisher handy.   8)

Danger!UFO

Quote from: (Redacted) on April 18, 2015, 04:01:42 PM
This is Art Bell we're talking about.  He needs to keep a fire extinguisher handy.   8)

Hi (Redacted)

Maybe you can pass along my email from Keith to jazmuna? I know he had the same questions about streaming.

Aussie Dave

I too appreciate getting a glimpse behind the Art Bell curtain. Not in a creepy stalker way mind you.

Art please ignore those that hate you and will do anything to put you off your game. The majority of us want you to be happy, healthy and successful and are blessed and honoured to share the ride with you.

Let's do this!

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Aussie Dave on April 18, 2015, 04:10:09 PM
I too appreciate getting a glimpse behind the Art Bell curtain. Not in a creepy stalker way mind you.

Art please ignore those that hate you and will do anything to put you off your game. The majority of us want you to be happy, healthy and successful and are blessed and honoured to share the ride with you.

Let's do this!

Damn right!

Heather Wade

Quote from: Danger!UFO on April 18, 2015, 04:05:58 PM
Hi (Redacted)

Maybe you can pass along my email from Keith to jazmuna? I know he had the same questions about streaming.

He will be back, and will check out your post.  He went to this:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/mercedes-benz-fashion-week-australia-2015-hits-the-mark/story-fni0cvc9-1227309511720

twiki

Quote from: Danger!UFO on April 18, 2015, 03:53:59 PM
I know you can’t offer downloadable shows with the music intact. CtC offers streaming of the old shows with music intact. Will you be doing the same thing?

​No, because we would have to pay the license fee every time.​

I hope this had been thoroughly looked into. It seems that Coast to Coast offer the stream with music intact and the download without the music. I'm positive that they do this to avoid music licensing fees.

Ms. C

Thank you Art for sharing what you have with us vaguely lovable BellGabbers ....

I've said this many times before and I'll say it again ... I love taking this Ride you are giving us (pre-July); the ups and the downs, the bumps, the hiccups and the sheer joy when it goes smooth.  This has been one of the best and fun parts of my 2015 so far.   :)   :-*   :D   8)   ::) 

Heather Wade

Quote from: Ms. C on April 18, 2015, 04:19:24 PM
Thank you Art for sharing what you have with us vaguely lovable BellGabbers ....

I've said this many times before and I'll say it again ... I love taking this Ride you are giving us (pre-July); the ups and the downs, the bumps, the hiccups and the sheer joy when it goes smooth.  This has been one of the best and fun parts of my 2015 so far.   :)   :-*   :D   8)   :)

Agreed!

ks3484

Quote from: basswood on April 17, 2015, 11:01:40 PM
This guy is highly motivated for Midnight in the Desert. Or maybe not. It works.

http://youtu.be/GRXOQ-V2Mco

Why are some of the AB fans coming down on you? Seemed to me like you and Art are working in tandem with one another.  ???

trust_no_one

I've said this many times before and I'll say it again ... I love taking this Ride you are giving us (pre-July); the ups and the downs, the bumps, the hiccups and the sheer joy when it goes smooth.  This has been one of the best and fun parts of my 2015 so far.   :)   :-*   :D   8)   ::)

I second that !

ks3484

Quote from: wotr1 on April 18, 2015, 12:12:01 PM
This is fine- but how do you blame Keith for not knowing what was happening?  There were talks with a "big player" which probably would have limited his involvement.  That went nowhere and now they are getting things together for a launch in 3 months.  I cannot see where you are owed any explanation of how they plan to get there, nor why you care if it is as organized as you would like to see.

The only reason that we are aware of questions around bumper music and what quality to stream the service in is because Art is here sharing.  Almost any other time you would only know from an official announcement that "Dark Matter will be launching July ___ of 2015." and that would be it.

I think it is kind of cool that Art has pulled back the curtains to allow us all a glimpse of the inner workings.  There are problems, questions and challenges.  And nothing ever goes as smooth as you would like it for any project no matter who is involved and how many people.  This is a 2 person operation at this point and things are getting sorted and decided.

Anyhow, blaming Keith for not having everything in place while acknowledging that Art was in talks with a different corporation until a week ago is a little weak.

I thought it was 7/16/15 for some reason.  :-[

Daggit

Quote from: twiki on April 18, 2015, 04:17:55 PM
I hope this had been thoroughly looked into. It seems that Coast to Coast offer the stream with music intact and the download without the music. I'm positive that they do this to avoid music licensing fees.

Yeah I think C2CAM avoid music licensing fees by providing the download without music but are legally allowed to provide a stream with the music intact.

I can't see them providing that stream if it cost them money. Why would they do that?

aldousburbank

Quote from: ks3484 on April 18, 2015, 04:49:30 PM

I thought it was 7/16/15 for some reason.  :-[
No, that's the the day that pigs fly.

Art

I've never been happier to be a fan than having you here and being along for the ride as you pioneer radio yet again. Ups and downs included.

twiki

Is there any chance of creating an app for smartphones so there is no confusion on how to play the app? The app could include a log in for subscribers with quick access to whatever the fast blast will be called as well as other exclusive content.

morgana213

This!!!

Aussie Dave

2015 is the Year of the Bell.

Art Bell

How many of you know that when u get a raw windows 7 machine the first thing you do is download 133 updates and that is the first stage then you get more and more, it is a full one minimum day project. Then you can start downloading software, then you get more updates, then you want to drink heavily even though you don't drink.

Art

Heather Wade

Quote from: Art Bell on April 18, 2015, 06:37:02 PM
How many of you know that when u get a raw windows 7 machine the first thing you do is download 133 updates and the is the first stage then you get more and more, it is a full one minimum day project. Then you can start downloading software, then you get more updates, then you want to drink heavily even though you don't drink.

Art

Yes.

morgana213

How many of you know that when u get a raw windows 7 machine the first thing you do is download 133 updates and that is the first stage then you get more and more, it is a full one minimum day project. Then you can start downloading software, then you get more updates, then you want to drink heavily even though you don't drink.

Art
Man alive does that ever suck!  I had to wipe my windows 7 and reconfigure it.  I feel your pain!  Damn MS!!!!! 

Aussie Dave

Art

I know your pain. Every time I switch on my laptop it has a gazillion updates and takes me 3 hours until I can send an email.

Ewavegeek

Art

Didn't you install a bogus 'flash plugin update', when you were with Sirius? be careful this time, haha. Malware is such a pain to remove. had to remove some last week.

Morgus

Quote from: Daggit on April 18, 2015, 05:02:59 PM
Yeah I think C2CAM avoid music licensing fees by providing the download without music but are legally allowed to provide a stream with the music intact.

I can't see them providing that stream if it cost them money. Why would they do that?
Apparently broadcast radio station networks have different music licensing rules for streaming than smaller internet-only broadcasters...

jerry

Quote from: morgana213 on April 18, 2015, 06:40:09 PM
Man alive does that ever suck!  I had to wipe my windows 7 and reconfigure it.  I feel your pain!  Damn MS!!!!!

I so agree.. it was one of many reasons back in 2009 I abandoned Windows and started using Linux exclusively.  I use several different flavours, Ubuntu. Debian. Mint and on OLD equipment Lubuntu works great...

drksd4848

Art

Look up "Hackintosh".  End User License Agreement - Shm-end User License Agreement

(my first post ever on here BTW, long time lurker but way to timid to post... until now)

Heather Wade

Quote from: drksd4848 on April 18, 2015, 07:01:56 PM
Look up "Hackintosh".  End User License Agreement - Shm-end User License Agreement

(my first post ever on here BTW, long time lurker but way to timid to post... until now)

Don't be shy man, we only bite if you ask us to.   ;D