• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Queen

Quote from: chefist on June 02, 2015, 06:45:51 AM
I wonder how you document "Ran hugely successful nightly syndicated talk radio program into the gutter." On a resume?

I just posted daves resume before u sent urs lol good timing lol

The announcement it the TV show Falkie said he will be on or the Hawaiian studio, I would guess.

wr250

I wonder how you document "Ran hugely successful nightly syndicated talk radio program into the gutter." On a resume?
well there is this: http://bellgab.com/index.php/topic,30.msg374599.html#msg374599
and this: http://bellgab.com/index.php/topic,30.msg374601.html#msg374601

wr250

Quote from: nooryisawesome on June 02, 2015, 06:51:37 AM
The announcement it the TV show Falkie said he will be on or the Hawaiian studio, I would guess.
im hoping for "i will retire and hand the show into the very capable hands of george knapp"

chefist

Quote from: wr250 on June 02, 2015, 06:51:40 AM
well there is this: http://bellgab.com/index.php/topic,30.msg374599.html#msg374599
and this: http://bellgab.com/index.php/topic,30.msg374601.html#msg374601

Yup....that sums it up! Now he just sends PMs, no more public appearances... Because he can be called out on his douchdomeness...

Queen

This is just my opinion since dave wants to threaten lawsuits and shit.

I would like to know how many normal people would agree with me that in order to be a country that stands for equality shouldnt it be a rule or law that if you want to be a lawyer you should know every single law that is on the books? Wouldnt that be fair?

Just think how many lawyers would have to go get an honest job like picking potatoes if we passed a law stating that. I did a google search and it seems no one knows exactly how many laws their truly are.

cosmic hobo

Could BellGab.com get shut down over this? Is there precedence for this?

Any lawyers in the house?

inuk2600

Quote from: ks3484 on June 02, 2015, 06:45:36 AM

From the information that I've been able to garner about the suits used, the helmet's protective visors, and the modules themselves, is that a very, very small amounts of gold was used on some of the clothing and the modules to regulate exposure to heat primarily, and radiation exposure was more, or less, a secondary consideration. So they really spent very little man or brain power on that subject matter. But now they have to show their hand, and admit that no known human has ever successfully traversed the radiation fields of outerspace ... the Van Allen Belts or Cosmic radiation.

• SPACE.com: All about our solar system, outer space and exploration

• NASA's Radiation Storm Belt Probes mission will study Earth's radiation belts, the Van Allen Belts, like never before.

This "we didn't go to the moon" stuff should be on a different thread. There's always too many fires to put out on the subject

cosmic hobo

Quote from: nooryisawesome on June 02, 2015, 06:51:37 AM

Falkie's going to be on a TV show? Holy cow! First lawsuits and now this. It's the BellGab Apocalypse.

chefist

It would be impossible to prove professional liable based on the fact Dave hosts a show on the paranormal, which is easily defined as quackery in court. The only other was if Dave was personally liabled...say if someone accused him of fraud or committing a criminal act...which no one has...well just crimes against our intelligence and sensibilities!

cweb

This is all very interesting. And disappointing.

How a large radio show that's part of a larger radio network responds to a new show (on another network) with underhanded maneuvers and threats of legal action.

Instead of, you know, upping their game and encouraging their most frequent hosts to produce a quality show.

They're well within the means to do this. I'm sure that the most popular shows on the DM Network have a fraction of the resources that Coast does, yet are able to succeed where a giant has failed.

What's the expression? "Do your talking on the court?" (That's *basketball* court, silly.)

chefist

Quote from: cweb on June 02, 2015, 07:16:08 AM
This is all very interesting. And disappointing.

How a large radio show that's part of a larger radio network responds to a new show (on another network) with underhanded maneuvers and threats of legal action.

Instead of, you know, upping their game and encouraging their most frequent hosts to produce a quality show.

Seems they understand their limitations.

Quote from: cosmic hobo on June 02, 2015, 07:14:11 AM
Falkie's going to be on a TV show? Holy cow! First lawsuits and now this. It's the BellGab Apocalypse.

Falkie claims he going to be on a tv showprovinding Skype commentary for the show. Noory also claims he has a TV show in refrence to his Giam TV internet thing.

cosmic hobo

Do you think Noory might call into the Gab Cast? He has called in before. I bet he'll play the innocent Mr Nice Guy routine.

Is it libelous to say that I bought stock in shoe polish companies because I saw a photo of Noory?

ItsOver

Maybe a picture will do.

cweb

Quote from: chefist on June 02, 2015, 07:19:14 AM
Seems they understand their limitations.
The sad part is they are limiting themselves.

How come George Knapp shows are so good? And this guy has a day job in addition!

Quote from: cosmic hobo on June 02, 2015, 07:20:46 AM
Do you think Noory might call into the Gab Cast? He has called in before. I bet he'll play the innocent Mr Nice Guy routine.

Is it libelous to say that I bought stock in shoe polish companies because I saw a photo of Noory?

Always does try to play shit talking nice guy. If he does call in MV will treat him with more respect than he deserves.

Nick el Ass

Quote from: ItsOver on June 02, 2015, 07:22:10 AM
Maybe a picture will do.

Now them running C2C into the ground is a real inside job.

/No lawsuit please.

chefist

Quote from: cweb on June 02, 2015, 07:23:47 AM
The sad part is they are limiting themselves.

How come George Knapp shows are so good? And this guy has a day job in addition!
GK gives a great interview with interesting questions...Just like Art does...Dave on the other hand, well, Dave is Dave...

Nick el Ass

Quote from: chefist on June 02, 2015, 07:37:14 AM
GK gives a great interview with interesting questions...Just like Art does...Dave on the other hand, well, Dave is Dave...

Knapp is great, but this weekend he got stuck with Noorie's leftovers... and it wasn't so good.

BobGrau

What's this about lawyering up? Don't make me go back and read, I might incriminate myself.

Quote from: BobGrau on June 02, 2015, 07:56:36 AM
What's this about lawyering up? Don't make me go back and read, I might incriminate myself.

Nobody is lawyering up. Dave is having his crack legal team of a paralegal who thinks premier owned dark matter, so comb the website looking for libel against a public figure.

BobGrau

Quote from: nooryisawesome on June 02, 2015, 07:58:26 AM
Nobody is lawyering up. Dave is having his crack legal team of a paralegal who thinks premier owned dark matter, so comb the website looking for libel against a public figure.

That's a job for life.

PathoJen

Quote from: RoseGirl on June 02, 2015, 03:03:05 AM
He just said too that he's got some big announcement on Wednesday. Betchya, just betchya that because Art announced he is having (Redacted) on that Dave is now going to have a female co-host. Just betchya.
I hadn't thought of that. would he stoop that low?

ItsOver

Once again, we see the real rats in a corner.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ONeill on June 02, 2015, 06:21:02 AM
This is getting really interesting. MV, did you expect any of this when you were starting this webpage?

No, I never thought this place would become what it became.

PathoJen

Quote from: wotr1 on June 02, 2015, 01:27:45 AM
It is funny... I heard a CBC program today with an old interview with Dick Cavett and thought of Dave (no, not because he is a great interviewer.)  Dick had said that the most important piece of advice he was given was "not to interview" people.  Rather, he should have a conversation with them.  He was told not to do the Q+A format where he would ask a question and then search his notes to find the next one, but rather to listen to the guest and converse.

I thought if you replaced "notes" with 3X5 index cards you would have Dave's style (he sure seems to follow a "formula" night after night.)  It is really too bad that nobody passed an important piece of advice like that on to Jorch...

Perhaps if he would have listened a little more to Art interview guests he could have picked that up on his own?
I can certainly see the connection.

cweb

Quote from: Nick el Ass on June 02, 2015, 07:42:41 AM
Knapp is great, but this weekend he got stuck with Noorie's leftovers... and it wasn't so good.
Just goes to show that the host plays a big part, but so do the producers.

Quote from: RoseGirl on June 02, 2015, 03:03:05 AM
He just said too that he's got some big announcement on Wednesday. Betchya, just betchya that because Art announced he is having (Redacted) on that Dave is now going to have a female co-host. Just betchya.

Please oh please oh please oh please....

YNOT

Quote from: cosmic hobo on June 02, 2015, 07:09:07 AM
Could BellGab.com get shut down over this? Is there precedence for this?

Any lawyers in the house?

Firstly, it has been well tested in the courts, that MV would be exempt from any statements made on this website from Users.
See section 230 of the Communications Decency Act

He may have to hand over any information about a user, ip addresses etc., If court ordered.

Users, could be potentially sued if the have made any libelous statements.

The example shown by MV is an obvious opinion, thus by definition NOT libel.
(Although simply stating something as opinion may not be enough.)

Dave is a public figure which makes his case weaker.

Also, and perhaps most importantly there is the Law of unintended consequences.
If Dave were to pursue, anything, he opens himself up to public scrutiny. By publicizing the heck out of the case,
He might generate a whole lot of negative publicity at just the "wrong" (right) time.

If paralegal/attorneys are handing out Cease and Desists etc, and they have a pattern of doing this with unsubstantiated claims,
then that may be construed as harassement and open them up for a tort.

I would suggest a read through from here.
https://www.eff.org/issues/bloggers/legal/liability/defamation

(Bear in mind that none of this is advice! The above are only opinions of the poster. And no I am NOT a lawyer.)

Zack

Quote from: wr250 on June 02, 2015, 06:52:57 AM
im hoping for "i will retire and hand the show into the very capable hands of george knapp"

A year or so ago I heard Knapp host open lines when noory was gone one night and it was one of the best C2C shows I heard in awhile.