• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

popple

When I was a young maiden someone once told me to "Shoot for the glass domes of mars. Even if you miss you'll land among the stars"

SciFiAuthor

Another possibility would be to buy up banner ad space on the top 10 or so paranormal sites and promote the MITD time traveler product like one might promote a book.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: popple on September 05, 2015, 07:45:43 PM
When I was a young maiden someone once told me to "Shoot for the glass domes of mars. Even if you miss you'll land among the stars"
I don't use this word lightly, you're bloody brilliant.

WhiteCrow

^^^^ Keep this up Ms Popple .... and you'll be on my Babes of Bellgab picture request list.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: WhiteCrow on September 05, 2015, 08:04:54 PM
^^^^ Keep this up Ms Popple .... and you'll be on my Babes of Bellgab picture request list.

Whitecrow you're on my babes of bellgab list. Picsnao or gtfo

serenity

Such wisdom grasspopple. That goes on my quote page! It is wonderful!

smithy

Quote from: Art Bell on September 05, 2015, 04:59:56 PM
Well it's always a question if advertising money is effective or not for something like this. Grassroots works but is slow. Just thinking about it.

Art

Jaz's ideas are great-- Youtube is especially effective and free.  Also, if you could get some of that free public service time on radio stations  they're required to provide (Art Bell's campaign to spay & neuter cats, or some similar cause in association with a national non-profit that you lend your voice to for the free service announcements -- as long as you get a plug in the deal such as "Hi, this is Art Bell of Midnight in the Desert" or Artbell.com), that will reach the radio audience.

Morgus said Dave Noory mentioned that he listened to Art Bell on his program on Friday night, I believe.

zeebo

Quote from: serenity on September 05, 2015, 08:22:09 PM
Such wisdom grasspopple. That goes on my quote page! It is wonderful!

How about this one:  "Shoot for a Martian arcology. Even if you miss you still got to use the word 'arcology'.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: WhiteCrow on September 05, 2015, 07:28:36 PM

Have OXDEED make a 8 1/2 X 11 flyer, print them off in the thousands and shipped to every truck stop in country,  with instruction, "please be so kind to place these on counter and/or public place for your customers" Flyer should have detailed info about show and various ways to listen.

Edit: should be NXOEED

And also with free giveaway to new subscribers (bumper sticker) will also have a mailing list of their names and addresses.

And and... A night or day with Art, might be some other wackos like me that would be willing to pay, to have the honor of spending time with Mr Bell...

(Smiley face working on getting MV his mowing Art's lawn gig)

RoseGirl

Quote from: Art Bell on September 05, 2015, 06:46:57 PM
That's right, it takes a team. I have had conversations with Heather and Jaz and we are putting a plan together. I am not afraid to spend money, I just want the best bang for the buck.

I come here to generate ideas and kind of think out loud. This board is full of smart people.

Art

Whoa...great! A plan is a great way to go but I think people would cotton-on all on their own...no matter what, it would just take time. Talent is talent. But, by all means....speed it up with lots of PR as well as the grassroots drive. I get this feeling you've only just begun. No limits is right, Mr. Art Bell.

By the way, the Madman interview was epic.

inuk2600

That's right, it takes a team. I have had conversations with Heather and Jaz and we are putting a plan together. I am not afraid to spend money, I just want the best bang for the buck.

I don't know if it's possible but... limit web ads to only show up when MITD is airing live and have an incredibly catchy ad that includes the line "Listen Live Now!"
They can start listening immediately when clicking on the banner ad.

zeebo

...I come here to generate ideas and kind of think out loud. This board is full of smart people.

Cool, it is a great place for that I think.  There are also alot of creative people, both artistically and idea-wise. 

Btw at first I just cared about the show being successful enough to stay on the air.  But the show is so good that I now want it to grow just so that more people can enjoy it. 

MITD rules the night.  Keep spreading the word, folks.

Morgus

Quote from: WhiteCrow on September 05, 2015, 07:28:36 PM
FWIW... As much as we hate to admit it, isn't your target market Dave's audience?

Does anyone have ideas for reaching them, to let them know Art is back.

Noory himself mentioned Art was back with an internet show a couple times this past week on c2cam, though he didn't give any details like what time and exactly where...
But many current c2cam listeners may have heard that Art is back at least and then they might do an internet search.

chefist

I come here to generate ideas and kind of think out loud. This board is full of smart people.

Art
Good on ya and WERD!

starrmtn001

Quote from: zeebo on September 05, 2015, 08:30:55 PM
How about this one:  "Shoot for a Martian arcology. Even if you miss you still got to use the word 'arcology'.
Awesome.  I want this tattooed on me leg! ;)

Morgus

Quote from: smithy on September 05, 2015, 08:26:32 PM
Morgus said Dave Noory mentioned that he listened to Art Bell on his program on Friday night, I believe.
Yep in the first half hour last night on c2cam, Noory told his guest Peter Davenport he listened to Peter for the first hour of Art's show earlier this week.
He also mentioned Art another time a day or two earlier thanking Art for wishing on his show Noory's producer Tom to get better after his recent health issue.
So Noory appears to be listening at least to the first hour of Art's show live (the hour before c2cam starts)...

inuk2600

Quote from: Morgus on September 05, 2015, 08:59:28 PM
Noory himself mentioned Art was back with an internet show a couple times this past week on c2cam, though he didn't give any details like what time and exactly where...
But many current c2cam listeners may have heard that Art is back at least and then they might do an internet search.

Dave should know that he sucks less each time he mentions that Art is back.

chefist

Great show on KSYL tonight! Art mentioning Ufo infighting! In 1997! Lol whats old is new!

Disclosure lawyer (Stephen Bassett) says it will happen April 1999. Oops. :-)

Marc.Knight

Quote from: inuk2600 on September 05, 2015, 09:05:59 PM

Impossible.

AppealPlay

Quote from: chefist on September 05, 2015, 09:29:31 PM
Great show on KSYL tonight! Art mentioning Ufo infighting! In 1997! Lol whats old is new!

Disclosure lawyer (Stephen Bassett) says it will happen April 1999. Oops. :-)

Same same.  It's always right around the corner with these guys.

chefist

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 05, 2015, 09:45:42 PM
Same same.  It's always right around the corner with these guys.

Was he the guy that cancelled last minute on Art recently?

AppealPlay

Quote from: chefist on September 05, 2015, 09:48:54 PM
Was he the guy that cancelled last minute on Art recently?

If I recall what happened is he didn't answer Art's call on Skype in time and Art doesn't play games so he went open lines.

chefist

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 05, 2015, 09:50:37 PM
If I recall what happened is he didn't answer Art's call on Skype in time and Art doesn't play games so he went open lines.

There was him and a former politician... Both bailed last minute! I bet this prediction was going to be brought up!

Quote from: Art Bell on September 05, 2015, 07:03:07 PM
I see no reason to think of limits.

Maybe not but specific goals can be useful.

When are you appearing on the Big Bang Theory?

Quote from: wr250 on September 05, 2015, 07:04:04 PM
... its kinda like working 5 hours of overtime, and taking home less than the normal net pay due to taxes...

You know that doesn't really happen right?

The first however many hours of 'normal pay' are taxed at the same rate they would be if there was no overtime, the overtime itself may or may not be taxed at a higher percentage.

Quote from: inuk2600 on September 05, 2015, 09:05:59 PM
Perhaps, but it will take a whole lot of mentions before Dave unsucks his way back to a normal state of unsuckiness.

chefist

Quote from: Paper*Boy on September 05, 2015, 09:55:51 PM
You know that doesn't really happen right?

The first however many hours of 'normal pay' are taxed at the same rate they would be if there was no overtime, the overtime itself may or may not be taxed at a higher percentage.

I personally think it all should be taxed at the same rate...

mrcool

Art

I was just browsing the internet and came across the following:

http://nymag.com/nymetro/news/people/columns/intelligencer/15156/

Exterior ads on buses doesn't sound like a bad idea...Bus Stop / Bus Shelter Advertising is good too but stationary advertising doesn't offer the reach that mobile offers. One of the best ways to advertise is to reach people while they are commuting. Something that is commonly seen at eye level. Another example would be vertical format interior displays inside trains. I stumbled across this:

http://www.bluelinemedia.com/train-rail-advertising

nika01

Billboards on interstates near major cities. Most people drive or know someone that drives. I am thinking I70 near St. Louis, a few major intersections near Chicago 80/90 and I94. The sheer number of people that drive in these areas either working in these areas or traveliing through is staggering. Its hard to go east or west without going through one of these two places. Pretty big bang for your buck Art, and you can easily control how much and when.

Quote from: starrmtn001 on September 05, 2015, 07:36:44 PM
LOL.  I'm not showing any restraint. ;D

Bless you for that.  ;)