• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Chad Jacobs

By the way Dave mentioned on his Saturday Beyond The Darkness podcast that he is auctioning a haunted doll featured on his Facebook page and stored in his garage (he has a collection, but this one is seemingly even too creepy for him) on his Facebook page.  I bid $50.00 which puts me in the lead (both my wife and son are hardcore materialistic skeptics, so part of me would like a bit of paranormal activity to potentially alter their paradigm). However, I'm reconsidering and hoping someone might actually outbid me. Life is tough enough with work and grad school and the last thing I probably need is PK activity making things more challenging.

FlarpsWife

Quote from: Belles on June 06, 2018, 12:11:25 AM
Thanks TL. It's seems to be harder for him as time goes by, but those teen years are already hard.
I'm so sorry Belles. I lost my mother the same way. I think what helped me heal is finally that it wasn't anyone's fault. Kids take that so personally. You can say it but it takes a while to sink in.

FlarpsWife

Quote from: WOTR on June 05, 2018, 11:44:03 PM
I knew I remembered something about that...
Heather had an NDE? I'm calling b.s.

DynamoHum

Seriously, are these people 7?

GravitySucks

Quote from: FlarpsWife on June 06, 2018, 04:44:58 AM
Heather had an NDE? I'm calling b.s.

I’m pretty sure that is the only paranormal experience she has been consistent with. She went from being the host that never had a paranormal experience except for that to the #metoo host.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Aquarius on June 05, 2018, 09:46:20 PM
If it's gofundme, if they don't reach their $25k goal, does that mean it won't get funded at all? And if it does, doesn't she have to pay tax on that? Just asking... maybe for a friend. Or not.

Yes, she does have to pay tax!!

Someone I know had a relative dying, and needing a transplant.  She put up a GFM, and collected at least a few K. She was thankful, but a bit upset that the taxes taken out were a good chunk. :(  The family member ended up not getting a transplant in time, though I doubt it would have helped.

GravitySucks

Quote from: brig on June 06, 2018, 03:12:32 AM
Yeah.  Heather really hasn't come up with a title that makes the show a reflection of herself yet.  Of course, that said, Midnight in the Desert isn't really a reflection of Dave either.

It wasn’t a reflection of Heather when she was doing the show out of an apartment in Merced, CA.

Quote from: username on June 06, 2018, 03:34:18 AM
I might have to bring Karen back sooner, for some caller Q & A
Mike that would be so cool.  I really thought you did a great with Karen last time...She was really very interesting...Looking forward to the next one...

bellNwhistle

Doesn't matter if Karen is on vacation.  Calls can still be made, and if it's something she or the station deems important enough, she'll get the message and deal with it.

DynamoHum

Quote from: bellNwhistle on June 06, 2018, 05:25:08 AM
Doesn't matter if Karen is on vacation.  Calls can still be made, and if it's something she or the station deems important enough, she'll get the message and deal with it.

Oh to be a cicada on the cuckshed when Karen knocks on the door over this one..

ponyboysunset

Quote from: zeebo on June 05, 2018, 11:39:47 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot about Zooropa, sort of underappreciated album.  For some reason I played Lemon repeatedly.
Zooropa & Actung Baby were my favorites growing up. Actung Baby is high school for me. I loved Lemon too and the title track on Zooropa. I had a friend who hated it and she used to make fun of me constantly about it. LOL.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: DynamoHum on June 06, 2018, 04:48:03 AM
Seriously, are these people 7?

I guess not  a single person in that group has morals.. or brains. I mean, how stupid are these people? Heather, and her collection of bobble-headed kool-aid drinkers, can go fuck off with that bag of stank dicks.

GravitySucks

Quote from: bellNwhistle on June 06, 2018, 05:59:55 AM
I guess not  a single person in that group has morals.. or brains. I mean, how stupid are these people? Heather, and her collection of bobble-headed kool-aid drinkers, can go fuck off with that bag of stank dicks.

Hi Paul

FIFY

DynamoHum

You say it so much better than me.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: SpookyTim on June 05, 2018, 10:15:02 PM
No more Wormhole. There go the Wormhole jokes.

Calling it "the Looking Glass."

STFU.

LMAO

So, we have a new show called The Kingdom Of Nye, that is pirate themed.. and now the Looking Glass- Alice themed. I sense  a Johnny Depp thing going on here. What's next? Time Travelers will be Oompa Loompas?  ;D ;D

My husband said the Spy Glass might have been better, because that's a pirate thing.. but this is Heather we're talking about. Stupid is as stupid does).

bellNwhistle

All of this because a 42 yr old woman didn't show up for work.

;)

GravitySucks

Quote from: DynamoHum on June 06, 2018, 06:09:12 AM
You say it so much better than me.

But you say it with an accent that isn’t late 20th century valley girl.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 06, 2018, 06:15:47 AM
But you say it with an accent that isn’t late 20th century valley girl.

;)

Bart Ell

Quote from: Savage on June 06, 2018, 12:14:28 AM
Went to the link and found the level of legacy astonishingly lacking.

What I find lacking is YOUR BRAIN.

http://kingdomofnyeradio.com

Well, with that type of vehemence perhaps you would also consider joining the Falkie Musings thread?
You could join the Quaternary [Laura, Ibby, Roswells, Brig] of Bitches that are dragging Senda down.
It could grow into a Pentaverate of Bitches.  That would totally rule.........................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FveBzGMD6zw

timebandit

Quote from: brig on June 06, 2018, 02:22:35 AM
All kidding, joking, and bellgabbing aside, "Midnight in the Desert"  is not a fitting title for the show as Dave presents it IMO.  Lets face it, when you listen to Dave, you do not at all feel like he is broadcasting at midnight, nor do you feel like he is broadcasting from the desert.  You feel like it could be anytime of day, in a recording studio.  The title and the host do not at all fit together IMO.
I tried listening to him day one.. sounded like I was listening to a boring audio book read badly.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on June 06, 2018, 06:26:11 AM
Well, with that type of vehemence perhaps you would also consider joining the Falkie Musings thread?
You could join the Quaternary [Laura, Ibby, Roswells, Brig] of Bitches that are dragging Senda down.
It could grow into a Pentaverate of Bitches.  That would totally rule.........................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FveBzGMD6zw

I think Erinn has paid her dues. Literally and figuratively.

If HLW's issue is about Art's liners, she could pay à voice impersonator to record new ones.

All kidding, joking, and bellgabbing aside, "Midnight in the Desert"  is not a fitting title for the show as Dave presents it IMO.  Lets face it, when you listen to Dave, you do not at all feel like he is broadcasting at midnight, nor do you feel like he is broadcasting from the desert.  You feel like it could be anytime of day, in a recording studio.  The title and the host do not at all fit together IMO.
this is an astute observation.  I like the weird late night desert atmosphère that both art and HLW created. You can picture them hunker3d down in their desert compound alone with a mic and some cats . I liked it so much i want to be in the desert.

timebandit

I don't think karen will fuss over heather's new show name.
She knows she kicked heather in the gut first..
heather has no terrestrial stations so I think if it did go to court a lawyer
can make definite distinctions between a "radio station" call sign' and an internet "podcast".
'Nye' is after all the name of a large section of the state which heather resides in.

This. I think this is the biggest area of improvement needs by Schrader. Not it should have a desert feel to the show, but he could do a much better job setting the tone. The opening of the show needs work in my opinion, at times it sounds rushed. I am not trying to be a jerk, just provide constructive criticism. There needs to be more setup for the show to set the mood. I sort of miss the news segment.

To pursue this aim I would like to suggest to Dave that he spend à few weeks in the desert and do some shows there.

Another thing I liked about Art is that there was somethign about his voice that made him sound like he was on the brink of losing his mind. It's a good quality when talking about the paranormal and conspiracies. I don't think this can be faked.
Quote from: nooryisawesome on June 06, 2018, 06:54:17 AM
This. I think this is the biggest area of improvement needs by Schrader. Not it should have a desert feel to the show, but he could do a much better job setting the tone. The opening of the show needs work in my opinion, at times it sounds rushed. I am not trying to be a jerk, just provide constructive criticism. There needs to be more setup for the show to set the mood. I sort of miss the news segment.

Quote from: Renegade Smurf on June 06, 2018, 07:01:05 AM
To pursue this aim I would like to suggest to Dave that he spend à few weeks in the desert and do some shows there.

Another thing I liked about Art is that there was somethign about his voice that made him sound like he was on the brink of losing his mind.

No not at all. Not looking to have a Desert feel. Just more of him laying down a atmosphere/mood at the start of the show. It seems almost clinical and rushed to get to the guest as fast as possible.