• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No
Quote from: Gnoory on August 13, 2013, 08:44:54 PM
The calls are somewhat unscreened, in that I have no idea what they are calling about.
The screener checks for phone quality, how drunk someone is etc and then puts them on hold.

Im told even Art had that done.

Did not know that.

Gnoory

Awake, ALL those guests you apparently dont like were always original Coast people. I just kept them
and guess what...they will appear on Art's show as well.

Quote from: nooryisawesome on August 13, 2013, 08:44:39 PM
I think

unscreened open lines
less evil government shows
less comercials
better followup questions

would go a LONG ways at improving the show

Evil government I love, just- ease away from Alex Jones.

LoL Alex Jones #32 - You're Crackin' Me Up (The Lolbertarian)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Partiefiuchter on August 13, 2013, 08:48:05 PM
Evil government I love, just- ease away from Alex Jones.

man.  if noory is looking for advice, ditching the alex jones element of c2c is an awesome start.

Gnoory

Ive got to jump over, its almost chat time with the Coast insiders. Look Ive reached out to you, I WANT this better, I actually care about your concerns or Id have stayed far away.

awake

Quote from: Gnoory on August 13, 2013, 08:47:40 PM
Awake, ALL those guests you apparently dont like were always original Coast people. I just kept them
and guess what...they will appear on Art's show as well.
I heard arts old shows dude and he'd ask a follow-up questions the obvious questions that you never seem to ask.  like you say, you been doing this for years I think you'd know better.  or hoagland, ask him  follow up questions for god sakes.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Gnoory on August 13, 2013, 08:50:38 PM
Ive got to jump over, its almost chat time with the Coast insiders. Look Ive reached out to you, I WANT this better, I actually care about your concerns or Id have stayed far away.

Come towards the light and away from Jones and you'll build a lot more credibility for you and C2C.

coaster

Alex Jones is the hemorrhoid of radio. He is annoying and won't go away.

Quote from: Gnoory on August 13, 2013, 08:50:38 PM

Thank you for your time. Seriously, you've earned a lot of respect from people here for this.

"If you are to be kept right, you must possess either good friends or red-hot enemies. The one will warn you, the other will expose you. " -Diogenes of Sinope.

Glad george is here he at least brings insight.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: lonevoice on August 13, 2013, 12:19:23 PM
Did you get a chance to ask him why he threatened to sue you?

George Noory Sucks

actually, i didn't, but that's because i gave that email about 15 seconds of thought.  to my knowledge, nobody here has done/is doing anything illegal, and when something of that nature pops up, it's removed.

eddie dean

thanks for stopping by  George.
I hope you can find whatever it is that you are looking for on this site and use some of the suggestions to improve the show. Time will tell.

I'm out

Marc.Knight

Quote from: MV on August 13, 2013, 08:57:01 PM
actually, i didn't, but that's because i gave that email about 15 seconds of thought.  to my knowledge, nobody here has done/is doing anything illegal, and when something of that nature pops up, it's removed.

when did he issue that threat?

awake

Quote from: nooryisawesome on August 13, 2013, 08:56:46 PM
Glad george is here he at least brings insight.
it'll be interesting if he actually is prepared for the show, asksthe pertinent questions and does follow ups

Quote from: Marc knight on August 13, 2013, 08:51:51 PM

Come towards the light and away from Jones and you'll build a lot more credibility for you and C2C.

This, and for god's sake, dump the cancer quacks and snake oil shills. Baking soda doesn't cure cancer. If it did, I'd have a boatload of people I love alive right now.

Also,  Alex Jones is the cause of stupidity, not the cure.

awake

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on August 13, 2013, 09:00:31 PM
This, and for god's sake, dump the cancer quacks and snake oil shills. Baking soda doesn't cure cancer. If it did, I'd have a boatload of people I love alive right now.

Also,  Alex Jones is the cause of stupidity, not the cure.
If ptemrat won't let you stop having these infomercial kind of guests on your show challenge them on the on the claims they make for god sakes man

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Marc knight on August 13, 2013, 08:58:46 PM
when did he issue that threat?

well, i got an email which claimed to be from george@coasttocoastam.com which quoted someone making fun of tom dannheiser's, uhh, weight problem.  then, in the email was a typed sentence along the lines of, "this has gone too far, expect to hear from our lawyers."  it's very very easy to forge the email address you're sending from, so i don't believe anything of that nature until i know for sure it's legit.  thus far, i've not been presented with any evidence to suggest it was legit.  george can address that here if he likes, but it's definitely not something i'm spending much time toiling over.

Quote from: Gnoory on August 13, 2013, 08:37:54 PM
I start prepping the show at 10am. In addition to that sales calls, conference calls, producers meetings, guest selections.
So in addition to the 4 hours on the air, there's probably another 8 added on.

I research EVERY Guest. they all supply questions--- they did to Art as well.. We both very rarely use them.

Yes I have used the internet to research something the guest may bring up, or when a caller does the same.

Too often it seems like no show prep was done at all.  For example you seem unfamiliar with what is at the top of the guests web page.  Or of some quite damming lawsuits and prosecutions the quacks have gone through.  No one expects you to read an entire book every day, but either someone on the staff could do so and prepare background and some questions, or you yourself could spend a half hour flipping through it.

A lot of the time it seems like you are just waiting for the guest to take a breath so you can read the next question in the cue - which is completely unrelated to what they just said.

You are trying to do too many other things during the interviews.  Try this:  stop doing all of it and just listen and converse.  The rest should have either been done ahead of time or a staff member can be doing it.  Focus on the conversation.

By reading of bunch of unrelated questions - which sound an awful lot like the same questions that are read to every guest regardless of topic, and by doing other things instead of listening while the guest is talking, by jumping around with the questions, it makes for a lousy interview.

Just have a conversation, follow up.  When it is time for another subject, THEN go to the next question in the cue. 

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Paper*Boy on August 13, 2013, 09:04:46 PM

Just have a conversation, follow up.

that's exactly it.  a good interview really is nothing more than a conversation.

edit:  have a good night, everybody.  i'm tapped.

Quote from: awake on August 13, 2013, 08:51:23 PM
I heard arts old shows dude and he'd ask a follow-up questions the obvious questions that you never seem to ask.  like you say, you been doing this for years I think you'd know better.  or hoagland, ask him  follow up questions for god sakes.

I'm inclined to agree, Hoagland should be taken to task & not given free reign during interviews- I'm NOT comparing, but Art knew when to call bullshit when it came to Hoagland, and some of the other guests. I guess he's just not confrontational enough with some of the wackier guests.

Also, I'm amazed David still takes Zecharia Sitchin seriously.

coaster

Looks like the thread is slowing down for a bit. Hey all, don't mean to go off topic, but I made this earlier, it's got a copyright notice, and probably won't be up long. Give it a watch so I don't feel like I've completely wasted an hour.

Hitler reacts to Richard Hoagland's Face on Mars

lonevoice

Quote from: nooryisawesome on August 13, 2013, 08:47:15 PM
Did not know that.

Because it's essentially untrue.  When Art used to run his whole show out of Pahrump, open lines were always completely unscreened.  Art answered the phone himself, with the caller going straight on the air.  Later, after PremRat bought C2C, more pieces of the show were run out of Oregon and Art was unabe to answer the phone directly himself.  He hated that.  If Dave actually listened to classic Art Bell shows, he would know this. 

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: Gnoory on August 13, 2013, 08:33:03 PM
God I hate that picture. Couldnt you find a better looking fish!!!!

Now, *that* was funny. Bring that kind of humor to the show, George. By the way, most of my imitations and jokes are in good fun. I've given/gotten much worse among my old circle of friends.

I may or may not listen to many Coasts these days. Things happen. However, I admire your fortitude in this thread. Taking things at face value, I have to respect your olive branch.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: MV on August 13, 2013, 09:06:50 PM
that's exactly it.  a good interview really is nothing more than a conversation.

edit:  have a good night, everybody.  i'm tapped.

Sleep well good sir.

And I also agree. Have to have a conversation, other wise we as listeners lose interest.

Also, politics. Please, enough of it. It gets covered almost CONSTANTLY on radio. Coast to Coast is the lone oasis in a desert of stupid assholes talking about right vs. left or what have you.

One time I heard you ask Whitley (I think it was him) if he ever listened to replays of his shows, and he said no.  You then chimed in that you didn't either and said something about not wanting to hear all the mistakes, etc.

I strongly urge you to listen to your shows the next day.  Hear what we hear.  Painful sure, going through it again probably very dull.  You don't really need us, just listen to your own show the next day.  Focus on it, no multitasking. 

Most of the problems are not necessarily things a casual listener will pick up on until they listen closely over several shows - that's when poor technique really starts to stand out (anyone can miss the obvious follow up question once in awhile, or change the subject before something interesting has run it's course sometimes, etc - it takes awhile to realize on your show it's all the time). 

Listen to the replays with your full attention for 3 or 4 weeks, then come back and you tell us.

PS, a long as we are suggesting members of your staff be given guest hosting slots, I'd like to hear Tommy host a show.  He has a good voice and has been in the business a long time.  Why not.

lonevoice

Quote from: hosehead on August 13, 2013, 09:14:19 PM
This whole thing can be summed up with a song.

http://youtu.be/iaysTVcounI

Hosehead, you just rocked my world.  That is the most perfect thing ever.

Quote from: MV on August 13, 2013, 11:26:08 AM
I have confirmed the identity of Gnoory. It is, in fact, George Noory.

As you were.

Wow PremRat must be really scared about Dark Matter