• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Faustina

Two of the best voices in radio, together.  That was a treat.  Didn't realize that John Batchelor was an ex-novelist!  I went and checked Amazon and, sure enough, there are several books for sale there by John.  Seem to be literary biographies, mostly.

Spinner

Quote from: eddie dean on July 17, 2015, 11:41:05 PM
Spinner!!!
Wonderful to see you posting again!!
Hi, Eddie! Good to see you around.  :)
Yes, I've been back for the past week or so. As the start of MITD was getting close, I had to come back and join the party. I've also been contributing to The Blitz. All of this is so exciting! 

gdwarner

That was a good interview, albeit woefully short ... but just in case, I stuck around for a few more minutes to see if there was going to be more, only to be accosted by some guy screaming into the microphone!

Yeah, not what I was looking for.

Fausfina, here's the link to the page it's on:

http://johnbatchelorshow.com/podcasts/fri-71715-hr-4-jbs-art-bell-midnight-desert-artbellcom

karios8

Here is a comment on c2c upcoming show announcement for next week:

This is the best week of shows in like forever. Maybe I'll wait a week before I cancel my insider subscription

stargazr1976

Lol God bless you folks. Listened to art for a long time. Early 90s guess im getting old. Still love clyde tho. You folks make me laugh. I dig the gabcast Im probably going to hell lol. Good forum kudos from wv. peace

Spinner

Hey, Gabbers of the male persuasion!
Several Lady Gabbers have posted to John Batchelor's FB page, but not one GuyGabber? Tsk, tsk, tsk.

https://www.facebook.com/batchelorshow

pate

Did I miss something?

Ds9james

Just heard Art on the radio-Bring on the night.Welcome back Art.

jazmunda

That was a very nice appetizer. Can't wait for the main course.

Don't forget a Special GabCast Saturday night at 3pm PST/6pm EST.

Listen LIVE http://ufoship.com

Ds9james

Art I am based in Ireland-Did I hear you say you are making a guest appearance on tv/radio before Sunday in Ireland?Details please..........

Faustina

Quote from: Ds9james on July 18, 2015, 12:33:05 AM
Art I am based in Ireland-Did I hear you say you are making a guest appearance on tv/radio before Sunday in Ireland?Details please..........

http://johnbatchelorshow.com/podcasts/fri-71715-hr-4-jbs-art-bell-midnight-desert-artbellcom

triola

It was so good to hear Art's voice again! Is Art still doing a radio-check/stream-check tomorrow?

slippingaway

The previous show, the crossover noise for station identification/commercial insertion was a lightning/thunder crash. If you end up having those sorts of inserions, instead you should make it a coyote howl from your own high desert, Mr. Bell...

Needle woman

Just listened to the WABC interview!  Fabulous!  Adding my thanks to Bateman, what a treat!

stargazr1976

cool folks. i dig the vibe man. keep doin what u r doin . peace from the rolling hills of wv,

C2C going with their best guest in recent memory on the 20th David Paulides. It's a good move but he tells the same stories over and over.

I hope more radio affiliates jump aboard once this thing gets started.

All I can say is wow! Oh, I do have one more thing..

I think Jeorge is winding down.
He could be winding down folks, winding down.

Zenman

Art sounded great.. no different than 15 years ago.

CSM

Thank you to MV for notifying all Bellgabbers of the link to Art Bell's interview with John Batchelor.
So if anyone had any doubts about why all the fuss over Arts return, surely they have now been answered.

It is worthwhile anyone who has pretensions of being a talk show host to take note: Art did not need to interrupt his host even once.Consummate professional.
So good to hear your voice again Art. I'll be along for the ride and long may it last.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: MV on July 17, 2015, 10:35:55 PM
Can't wait to hear Noory's comments on this tonight. If any.

MV, that gigantic belly-button is f'ing scary.

serenity

You sounded great Art. It was a wonderful interview. Congrats on the first post NC interview. Thanks to MV for the link and Bateman for his hints and inside contacts. I also think everyone here should feel good for getting the word around and putting Art's name back in the household and radio. Can't wait till MITD Kickoff!

*passes bottle around*

Quote from: Marc.Knight on July 18, 2015, 04:05:12 AM
MV, that gigantic belly-button is f'ing scary.
Even scarier is if that is what she is intentionally showing off.
Reminds me of that hugeass dude sitting in (I only presume this because he was so fucking fat I couldn't tell) only underwear at his pc.

BobGrau

Listening now (I knew things would happen if I went to sleep).

John keeps talking about "the storytelling". Perfect way to put it.

Marc.Knight

Dave seeking solace... after Midnight:

spellerine

Awesome to hear Art Bell being interviewed this morning as I got ready for work!

I am not a regular poster here, just pop in now and again to say hello.
I just wanted to say thank you to all the regular posters in this forum for all of your
Contributions and positive energy to help bring Art back to broadcasting. 

It really is appreciated by all the rest of us! Amazing what can be accomplished by a
Dedicated group on an Internet forum!