• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Christian VS Muslim

Started by Richard West, December 07, 2014, 04:49:24 AM

Zoo

Quote from: aldousburbank on December 17, 2014, 12:06:00 PM
OR I KEEL YOOO!

LMFAO-Well if I was christian or muslim I might even say that. Wait who am I kidding I want it all to burn anyways!!1

Kelt

Quote from: albrecht on December 17, 2014, 11:04:33 AM
That is hardly true. There is a big difference between recognizing the benefits of certain religions or the adverse effects of another and being a "Bible Thumper." "All is not the same." But I do hope you abide by your beliefs that "religion killed more people" than "anything else". And, of course, refuse any treatment if you unfortunately and get into a car accident, have a heart-attack, or have a house-fire or flood and refuse to go to any hospital associated with a religion or accept help from the Red Cross, Salvation Army, Catholic Charities, etc etc. Or get any medical treatment or surgury that might have been developed at, say, Harvard Med school, as that university was founded to train clergy. Countless examples, of course- Mount Sinai, heck even the Shriner Hospitals- damn Masons. Awful, awful places. And don't you dare go play basketball at the Y!

Hang on... where did I say that?

I have medical insurance, and any hospital I've ever been a patient in has been secular, I can assure you of that :)

What else, oh yes, basketball is a dreadfully dreary sport, so I'd no more play that that I'd smash my own John Thomas with a hammer.

albrecht

Quote from: Kelt on December 17, 2014, 01:08:54 PM

Hang on... where did I say that?

I have medical insurance, and any hospital I've ever been a patient in has been secular, I can assure you of that :)

What else, oh yes, basketball is a dreadfully dreary sport, so I'd no more play that that I'd smash my own John Thomas with a hammer.
Sorry, I must have gotten you confused with Zoo's threads since the sentiments were so close1!

Insurance has nothing to do with the question. You need to confirm that if in LA, or wherever, you will not go to any hospital associated with or founded by a religion or accept any help in an emergency by groups such as the Red Cross, Salvation Army, etc. And I hope your insurance is not anything associated with BlueCross/Blue Shield as that was founded by Kimball-via the head of Baylor University healthcare schools (evil Baptists.)

By the way, how did that test go? Haven't heard back from you yet :o Got a good reception by the Imams, black-clothed Muslims, or even just customs officials when traveling with a Torah or Bible and asking to pray in their mosques in the Middle-East? Now, try to go to our National Cathedral and say you are a Muslim but would like to go in or even pray. After all "we are all one" and "all religions are evil."

ps: yeah, I hear you on basketball. Only time to watch is finals (and then turn in for the last minute.) In my opinion. But, like your guy Clinton said, I'd rather them playing basketball, even at midnight, than out committing crimes.

Kelt

You're assuming I was sick in an American hospital.

Not sure what test you're referencing, but usually I'm diligent in cramming before tests :)

albrecht

Quote from: Kelt on December 17, 2014, 01:33:24 PM
You're assuming I was sick in an American hospital.

Not sure what test you're referencing, but usually I'm diligent in cramming before tests :)
No I said "if" or "when". It is not like hospitals, universities, or organizations all around the world weren't founded by religious orders or institutions. I hope you never have used any of them or any research that has come from them....and I hope you aren't studying in a European language. Most of which was codified, kept, first printed, and taught by Christian institutions. ;D

WildCard

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on December 07, 2014, 06:31:35 PM
That's because Christianity has about a six hundred year start on Islam.  Give the Islamic fundies a few more centuries and they'll realize that their extreme methods are counterproductive and only inspire resentment.
This.

Has organized religion done more harm than good from day one to today?

I don't think so. Not by half.

Zoo

Quote from: WildCard on December 17, 2014, 04:25:25 PM
This.

Has organized religion done more harm than good from day one to today?

I don't think so. Not by half.

I could not disagree more. Organised religion is all about control. Why do you think they call it the Dark Ages? How many Wars have been fought in the name of religion? How many deaths? I really do not think you could count them I tried one time for a college course and gave up and went to something else. So ya- in my opinion organized religion has done more harm than good!!1

albrecht

Quote from: Zoo on December 17, 2014, 08:07:13 PM

I could not disagree more. Organised religion is all about control. Why do you think they call it the Dark Ages? How many Wars have been fought in the name of religion? How many deaths? I really do not think you could count them I tried one time for a college course and gave up and went to something else. So ya- in my opinion organized religion has done more harm than good!!1
Organized religion was one of the few institutions or places that PRESERVED and CREATED knowledge during the "Dark Ages." It wasn't centuries later until Bismarck intoduced compulsory and publicly funded secular education. As for deaths, if one counts the Crusades in response to the Islamic invasion and fall of the Byzantines? A lot were killed. The Islamic invasion killed more. Centuries later communism and fascism killed far more. And disease killed even more. And less people died by "organized religion" than being saved from an early death by the science and medicine later developed from the universities, hospitals, and charities created or funded by "organized religion" over the centuries? Doubt that. And lest you forget, prior to Reformation the Pope, Pax Dei, was one of the only entity that could actually demand peace for combatants in Europe. Where are you taking your "college course?" I suggest re-visiting the books.  1!
\
ps: Islam actually had some golden-ages also. They weren't ALWAYS blood-thirsty and for some centuries allow dissenting religions and not total warfare, piracy, slavery, on each other and on others. Sadly, the ancient ways of war, fundamentalism, and jihad was re-awoken in relative modern times. The Western powers had a lot to do with it with eveyone from the NAZIs to the British to US thinking we could "use" the Islamic radicalism, Pan-Arabism, etc to our advantage. And the influx of money to the worst of the Islamic world (illiterate and backwards Bedouins and radical Salafists.)

Perhaps 'real' religion has never been tried, or it hasn't been implemented correctly, or been run by the right people, or had enough money to get everything correctly in place.  Perhaps we are the ones we've been waiting for.

Oh.. wait..

Zoo

Quote from: albrecht on December 17, 2014, 08:34:24 PM
Organized religion was one of the few institutions or places that PRESERVED and CREATED knowledge during the "Dark Ages." It wasn't centuries later until Bismarck intoduced compulsory and publicly funded secular education. As for deaths, if one counts the Crusades in response to the Islamic invasion and fall of the Byzantines? A lot were killed. The Islamic invasion killed more. Centuries later communism and fascism killed far more. And disease killed even more. And less people died by "organized religion" than being saved from an early death by the science and medicine later developed from the universities, hospitals, and charities created or funded by "organized religion" over the centuries? Doubt that. And lest you forget, prior to Reformation the Pope, Pax Dei, was one of the only entity that could actually demand peace for combatants in Europe. Where are you taking your "college course?" I suggest re-visiting the books.  1!
\
ps: Islam actually had some golden-ages also. They weren't ALWAYS blood-thirsty and for some centuries allow dissenting religions and not total warfare, piracy, slavery, on each other and on others. Sadly, the ancient ways of war, fundamentalism, and jihad was re-awoken in relative modern times. The Western powers had a lot to do with it with eveyone from the NAZIs to the British to US thinking we could "use" the Islamic radicalism, Pan-Arabism, etc to our advantage. And the influx of money to the worst of the Islamic world (illiterate and backwards Bedouins and radical Salafists.)

That is your opinion and you have that right. I have mine and that is my right. I still stand on the fact that organized religion(all organised religion) is bad. I just think that anytime things become organised we find man will figure a way to control others!!1

albrecht

Quote from: Zoo on December 17, 2014, 09:59:49 PM

That is your opinion and you have that right. I have mine and that is my right. I still stand on the fact that organized religion(all organised religion) is bad. I just think that anytime things become organised we find man will figure a way to control others!!1
You are certainly entitled to your opinion. One of the great things organized Western Civilization and culture have brought us, at least until hate speech laws and stifling of dissent through government regulations coming to the internet.

But I also think, like any utopians either way, that you under-estimate a society or people without any order or organization will behave. A group of people, or a person, WILL figure out a way to control others. Even if it is simply last man or tribe standing. So it is better to organize in such a way that no one person or group takes all control over lest worst "controllers" take over. 2!

Quick Karl

Quote from: albrecht on December 17, 2014, 10:05:23 PM
You are certainly entitled to your opinion. One of the great things organized Western Civilization and culture have brought us, at least until hate speech laws and stifling of dissent through government regulations coming to the internet.

But I also think, like any utopians either way, that you under-estimate a society or people without any order or organization will behave. A group of people, or a person, WILL figure out a way to control others. Even if it is simply last man or tribe standing. So it is better to organize in such a way that no one person or group takes all control over lest worst "controllers" take over. 2!

"Religion" used to teach people:

To honor their Mother and Father
Not to kill other people
Not to lie
Not to steal other people's shit
Not to fuck other people's wives, and
Not to be a general douche bag

It also taught people that to be educated was seriously important, and to consider the impact your actions could have on your neighbors and loved ones, and to help the poor, feed the starving, and protect the weak.

All very serious sinister and evil things to teach the masses of blistering idiot morons we have to coexist with...

Yeah - fuck religion.

Zoo

I agree.. Fuck organized religion!!1

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Paper*Boy on December 17, 2014, 09:49:29 PM
Perhaps 'real' religion has never been tried, or it hasn't been implemented correctly, or been run by the right people, or had enough money to get everything correctly in place.  Perhaps we are the ones we've been waiting for.

Oh.. wait..

::)

Quote from: NowhereInTime on December 18, 2014, 07:46:40 AM

::)

I see your " ::) ", sir, and raise you a " :o "

The problem with religion is the same problem we have with....EVERYTHING; it involves human interaction.

News flash...

Humans are deeply flawed. Whatever they touch eventually becomes tainted, corrupt and worthless.

Kelt

Quote from: Zoo on December 18, 2014, 02:10:37 AM
I agree.. Fuck organized religion!!1

No... Organised Religion rocks.

I still remember the first time I watched a religious show on US TV and the host chick starts screaming in tongues, I almost fucking shat with laughter.

Later I would see a whole bunch of fat televangelists overtly fleecing money from the faithful, and that got the mega-lulz too.

"Just send what cha kin spe-ah.. if yu can spe-ah a hundred theyn send a hundred... if yu can spe-ah two hundred theyn send two hundred! Jesuhz needs a noo pair o shoes, hallelujah!"

You lose organised religion and you lose one of TVs most entertaining scams.  Remember, give God the money you were planning to use to feed your family.   

http://youtu.be/zD6j5ONIxkc

Teleevangelicalshysters. This guy has a take on the shysters. Even if I can't agree with him entirely he certainly can be entertaining.

▶ Theory of Everything GOD, Devils, Dimensions, Dragons, Illusion & Reality -the Theory of Everything - YouTube