Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Towi

Quote from: anagrammy on July 31, 2011, 03:59:22 PM
I'll play - Turmeric Poisoning

Anagrammy

Me too.

Early stages of Tourette Syndrome, due to the way he blurts out unrelated words and/or phrases while his guests/callers are talking. If this is so, once it advances to the "obscenity stage" the FCC will step in and take him off the air. So there is hope!

Towi

Frys Girl

Even his fellow broadcasters can't take Noory seriously. Below, you'll see that Don Lemon, who is very low on the broadcasting totem pole, depending on whom you ask, can't take Noory seriously for a second.
Noory couldn't give a good answer to a single question, or even vouch for Coast to Coast AM being a good show. Instead, he said "Nobody knows!" He repeated that useless line three times. WRONG. Someone knows, and your job is to talk to someone who may know, not meth heads who speculate it is Dracula running away from Obama through a jet contrail produced by Chinese submarines. Noory couldn't get answers if someone hit him with them with a cast iron frying pan. Kudos to Don Lemon for publicly admitting to listening to this shitty show. Does CNN own History Channel or something?

http://youtu.be/7LymPK5wv-g

Frys Girl

Quote from: Scully on July 31, 2011, 03:58:14 PM
I am sick beyond measure with almost ALL the guests Noory brings to Coast.  They are obviously hand-picked to fit into the current C2C agenda, which is whackadoodledoo by intention. The only question left in my mind is whether they are chosen by GN or by Premiere.  The latter seems more likely.  George doesn't have the intelligence to be any more than a mouthpiece for higher-ups, IMO.
Amen to that Scully. You know the saying "People get the government they deserve?" I think it sort of applies in this case if we are to think we have a voice. Maybe we/ the audience don't protest enough? It is a business afterall. I'm guilty of feeding the beast by purchasing Streamlink (I won't call it by its new name- too stupid), but I do that to listen to old shows and get my Knapp fix.

b_dubb

Quote from: Frys Girl on July 31, 2011, 04:24:12 PM
You know the saying "People get the government they deserve?"
people get the government that people with power and influence hijack

Quote from: Frys Girl on July 31, 2011, 04:24:12 PM
not meth heads who speculate it is Dracula running away from Obama through a jet contrail produced by Chinese submarines
wait ... a caller didn't actually say this, right?

Frys Girl

Quote from: b_dubb on July 31, 2011, 04:38:26 PM
a caller didn't actually say this, right?
What I like about your question is that you didn't pay attention to the meth head comment. As for Dracula running away, yes someone speculated if may be a vampire because, you know, they don't like the light. Screw Coast to Coast AM.

Fractal

Hi Towi.

Well, I had another look at the comment exchange at Adask's blog and he still has up the email addresses in question.  At least as of 4:30 pm PDT.

This guy has some serious mental problems.  Or maybe he's just "discover[ing] and report[ing] anomalies and hop[ing] that someone .  . . will take time to do a more thorough analysis" . . . ?

I know this is hindsight but if you want to do something like this again--and I think that these kinds of people should be questioned on a regular basis--maybe you could try using a temporary disposable email address.  You can set up these kinds of email accounts at places like deadaddress.com, yopmail.com, or hidemyass.com.  Hell, you could also set up a phony account at yahoo, hotmail or gmail and then delete them later.

With the kinds of people on C2C these days, you can't be too careful.

Frys Girl

Noory wishing "Moondog" from the "To Infinity Group" a happy birthday on 7/27/11:
"We love our truckers. Happy Birthday Moondog! Keep plugging along."
Plugging what? His hears?

Quote from: Fractal on July 31, 2011, 01:13:06 PM
Oh, wow, Towi.  Good job calling Adask out... Wow.  Obviously C2C doesn't vet the guests very well...

My experiences in the corporate world is everything starts from the top.  At the top of Coast to Coast AM sits George Noory.  Dumb and Lazy George Noory.  I would expect the Dumb and Lazy to filter down to the lowest employee.

Look at the dull guests and boring redundent topics Lisa chooses.  How unprepared George is.  The pathetic call screening.  How they treat people that send emails, or call in.  Lex and his ugly website covered with sponsor grafitti - I remember George once bragging that it had 'only' taken Lex 2 years to make some minor, nearly undetectable, change to the website.

Or course no one bothered to look into this guest.  Probably some loon George ran into at a flake conference.

Art

Quote from: Frys Girl on July 31, 2011, 06:32:33 PMNoory wishing "Moondog" from the "To Infinity Group" a happy birthday on 7/27/11:
"We love our truckers. Happy Birthday Moondog! Keep plugging along."
Plugging what? His hears?

Noory Recap - July 26, 2011

Put on your science hat.

Frys Girl

Quote from: Art on July 31, 2011, 07:50:11 PM
Put on your science hat.
He's fit for Seasame Street, right?
Deepak Choh-Prrraaaaa @ 1:30 LOL!
Art, I have to thank you for doing these re-caps. I really admire you for this. I will try to transcribe.

anagrammy

What was the "it" that Art Bell said George Noory got?  Any ideas?

Anagrammy

11angeleyes11

He got it. . the show. . Coast to Coast AM.  He was given the show by Premiere Radio Networks.  It is so simple, but appeared so illusive.  He "gets it", Coast.

El Kragen

Noory Recap - July 26, 2011[/url]

Put on your science hat.

lol...how long did that take to do? Did you actually have to sit through the whole thing?

Avi

Quote from: anagrammy on July 31, 2011, 08:01:04 PM

Anagrammy

I dunno. To put the most charitable spin on it, maybe George intended to follow more closely in Art's footsteps initially, but Premiere gave George an ultimatum: get on board with the Premiere corporate agenda or else. As I say, that is a charitable interpretation, and I rather doubt it because George swallowed the entire enchilada without ever puking, all these years.

The more likely interpretation is that George lied to Art about his intentions while making himself out to be something he wasn't. I'm sure that Art knew the likely outcome of C2C under Premiere's banalization of everything it touches, but I think George let him down in a big way - by swallowing the whole enchilada without ever puking, all these years.

Morgus

Noory has been taking more Fridays off lately, he must be spreading out his yearly vacation days so he doesn't have to worry about being gone for a whole week.
At least we get more Noory-free 3day weekends like this weekend.

Art

Thank you, frys girl, I thought of Romper Room.

Quote from: El Kragen on July 31, 2011, 08:26:48 PMlol...how long did that take to do? Did you actually have to sit through the whole thing?

Yeah, but it's fun to find all these things I read about on coastgab.   It takes a total of 3 hours, but I mutlitask as I listen.

Towi

Quote from: Fractal on July 31, 2011, 05:37:27 PM
I know this is hindsight but if you want to do something like this again--and I think that these kinds of people should be questioned on a regular basis--maybe you could try using a temporary disposable email address.  You can set up these kinds of email accounts at places like deadaddress.com, yopmail.com, or hidemyass.com.  Hell, you could also set up a phony account at yahoo, hotmail or gmail and then delete them later.

Fortunately, I didn't use my primary address. I used a secondary one which only a handful of people have, so it's just a slight inconvenience rather than a major catastrophe. But, I'm taking your advice for the future. Thanks.

On a brighter note, indications are that I can report Adask to the abuse dept at his ISP, and if he refuses their request to remove my address, they will shut down his website. Now wouldn't that be sweet?

I've been doing some research into this guy. He's seems a nasty piece of work wrapped in the cloak of a yahweh-based delusion. Everything I've read begs the definition of a politico-religious cult, which is right up Snorgie's alley (except for Adask's views on the Jews, as pointed out by TaoOfLuxLisbon).

If you all get a chance, do a little digging on Adask, it'll scare the shit out of you.

Towi

M Knight

Put on your science hat.

Gotta send this directly to the producers.  His shows are a target-rich environment for buffoonery.

anagrammy

Quote from: Morgus on July 31, 2011, 08:43:49 PM
Noory has been taking more Fridays off lately, he must be spreading out his yearly vacation days so he doesn't have to worry about being gone for a whole week.

I think he was kicked off Friday nights because he is obviously and laughably inept at dealing with callers.  Somebody at Premiere finally had their head in their hands listening to the fumble-a-thon and said, "that's it, we gotta pull the plug."  Besides, if they start the Noory-free weekend sooner, it would help the ratings.

Anagrammy

Put on your science hat.

Funny he mentions bill collectors waking 'you' up in the middle of the night, juust take you phone off the hook' at .50.

Are they still chasing him?  Is anyone still giving him credit?

Quote from: Morgus on July 31, 2011, 08:43:49 PM

George doesn't have freinds or anywhere to go.  Good thing too - he should be worried about someone filling in for a week, doing a great job (or even a subpar job), and getting the gig full time.

George knows his baseball.  Wally Pipp once had a headache.  Lou Gehrig replaced him and played 2130 consecutive games.

Quote from: Avi on July 31, 2011, 08:39:46 PM
I dunno. To put the most charitable spin on it, maybe George intended to follow more closely in Art's footsteps initially, but Premiere gave George an ultimatum: get on board with the Premiere corporate agenda or else. As I say, that is a charitable interpretation, and I rather doubt it because George swallowed the entire enchilada without ever puking, all these years.

The more likely interpretation is that George lied to Art about his intentions while making himself out to be something he wasn't. I'm sure that Art knew the likely outcome of C2C under Premiere's banalization of everything it touches, but I think George let him down in a big way - by swallowing the whole enchilada without ever puking, all these years.

George was never really any good.  Bumbling and boring.  The redundencies, the cue card questions, the interuptions, the dumb comments, the lack of any real knowledge, the lack of interest, all that is more difficult to spot from a part-time fill-in host.  It's not until it's every night that it really sinks in.  Plus, he seemed to put some effort in, he had to as a guest host.  People were watching.  There were plenty of other candidates out there to guest host.  Most anyone in broadcasting or the entertainment field try their best to improve, to be their best - there are just too many people desperately chasing too few slots.  Who would have guessed George Noory was a lazy dense dipshit, and after a time would do the minimum, if that? 

Art or anyone else would simply have assumed George would do his best to improve.  And he obviously mislead them about his 'life long interest' in the topics. 

Before I stopped listening completely, over the years I heard George get worse and worse.  The further Art got from the show, the longer it had been, the less of a threat he was to return, the worse George got.

Art didn't help either, he just wanted out.  He gave George more credit than was earned, and hoped for the best.  Instead, we got the worst.

Congrats George.  You are the worst.

Scully

Put on your science hat.

I have a soft grandma heart, and when I listen to a condensation of how bad Noory is, I almost ... almost ... feel sorry for the man, because he is so very pathetic at what he does for a living.

Then I remember that dadgum studio in Hawaii he keeps bragging about and that freakin' upcoming 5-more-years contract he keeps rubbing in our faces. .................. We're not supposed to threaten anyone's life here, are we?  :-\

Anagrammy
How to play the "game".

He not only "swallowed the whole enchilada without ever puking" (great Avi!) he asked for seconds.

M Knight

Quote from: Paper*Boy on July 31, 2011, 11:03:53 PM

George was never really any good.  Bumbling and boring.  The redundencies, the cue card questions, the interuptions, the dumb comments, the lack of any real knowledge, the lack of interest, all that is more difficult to spot from a part-time fill-in host.  It's not until it's every night that it really sinks in.  Plus, he seemed to put some effort in, he had to as a guest host.  People were watching.  There were plenty of other candidates out there to guest host.  Most anyone in broadcasting or the entertainment field try their best to improve, to be their best - there are just too many people desperately chasing too few slots.  Who would have guessed George Noory was a lazy dense dipshit, and after a time would do the minimum, if that? 

Art or anyone else would simply have assumed George would do his best to improve.  And he obviously mislead them about his 'life long interest' in the topics. 

Before I stopped listening completely, over the years I heard George get worse and worse.  The further Art got from the show, the longer it had been, the less of a threat he was to return, the worse George got.

Art didn't help either, he just wanted out.  He gave George more credit than was earned, and hoped for the best.  Instead, we got the worst.

Congrats George.  You are the worst.

George has become like one of those weird kiosk heads at circuses where, when you put a quarter in the slot it says something off the wall like "Why are you here?".

Harmness

Anagrammy

Chlamydia.

Frys Girl

Quote from: Harmness on August 01, 2011, 03:32:03 PM
Chlamydia.
I doubt it. This would have to be followed with a
"He gets it every week." or "He gets it every year." Good guess though. George isn't getting any hanky panky to be picking up such diseases lol.

onan

Quote from: Harmness on August 01, 2011, 03:32:03 PM
Chlamydia.

[noory voice]

My grandparents used to vacation in chlamydia. When I was a kid they would take me with them.

[/noory voice]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Frys Girl

Quote from: Treading Water on August 01, 2011, 04:10:56 PM
Wouldn't his turmeric take care of that? ??? ???      :P
This product is not FDA approved nor is it intended to cure or diagnose any disease.