• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

HumanBeing

Quote from: ShayP on December 11, 2015, 07:58:02 PM

I thought of something to say but realized I could opine all I want and it wouldn't matter.  However, of all the posts I've seen thus far, these are leaning towards my thoughts.

It sucks. It is one of those situations where anyone who questions his decision looks like a complete asshole because he made the choice to protect his family.
I think he could have still protected his family and gone on with the show.

Remove the family from the situation and hire security until the authorities can figure it all out and apprehend those responsible.
The radio affiliates surely would have understood if Art had to take some time off to arrange things to insure his family was safe.

Did the person(s) say Art is safe now that he is off the air? I'm not convinced all viable options were considered before deciding to quit.
It was a perfect way out and he took it  :-\

Quote from: Catsmile on December 11, 2015, 08:14:01 PM
Agreed. However Sci-Fi Author said if things work out for (Redacted) he might do a random show every once in a while. That dosen't sound like someone who is in fear for their families life. Waffling much? The narrative is weakened by the very one who is spinning it. Oh well...

Art's gonna Art...

I enjoy the BellGab community. I'll never quit, MV.

Guys and gals: Please try and stick with DMRN instead of returning to Noory. Late Night in the Midlands is a far better alternative to Coast. Dr Jay, etc. We knew Art couldn't last forever. I just wish Art had taken time to help promote replacements to help the network out.

Quote from: Claudius on December 11, 2015, 08:15:03 PM
Does anyone actually have a link to the post where he said this? I don't doubt it but it would like to actually see it.

Coz

Quote from: HumanBeing on December 11, 2015, 08:16:48 PM

It sucks. It is one of those situations where anyone who questions his decision looks like a complete asshole because he made the choice to protect his family.

Remove the family from the situation and hire security until the authorities can figure it all out and apprehend those responsible.
The radio affiliates surely would have understood if Art had to take some time off to arrange things to insure his family was safe.

Did the person(s) say Art is safe now that he is off the air? I'm not convinced all viable options were considered before deciding to quit.

He could have moved the production out of his house for one. Letting people know where you actually do the show from is very dangerous.

ge30542

On a brighter note, Kelsey & Joey wpn the race.

Quote from: rekcuf on December 11, 2015, 08:17:41 PM
Art's gonna Art...

I enjoy the BellGab community. I'll never quit, MV.

Yup, I'm not leaving either. I love you scumbags too much.

b_dubb

More shows is more shows. We have more content to listen to. I hope Art open sources those files to Time Travelers

And let's not forgot no one got hurt. That's important.

And Art proved that it could be done. I call it a success.

trostol

Quote from: HumanBeing on December 11, 2015, 08:16:48 PM

not sure the affiliates would be that understanding...guy just came back and now already having issues liek this..they have time slots to fill and Art is the name that people tune in for

Quote from: rekcuf on December 11, 2015, 07:56:38 PM
And put *BANG* (redacted) *BANG* in charge..
. I'm so pissed off but this had me rolling.

Claudius

Quote from: SixWeekTenure(tm) on December 11, 2015, 08:18:34 PM

Thanks!

Why even keep the stupid "time traveller"? No one cares about that tonight.

Quote from: Claudius on December 11, 2015, 08:20:13 PM
Thanks!

Why even keep the stupid "time traveller"? No one cares about that tonight.

There's enough disaster, giving a complete rookie an open lines show with this massive clusterfuck would be amazing radio but a complete catastrophe.

Coz

So the only quality talk radio left is:

Startalk?

That's it?

HumanBeing

Quote from: ItsOver on December 11, 2015, 08:14:58 PM
What makes you say that?

Hookers and any thing he can get his hands on tonight. They won. It's a celebration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M

Claudius

Quote from: trostol on December 11, 2015, 08:19:30 PM
not sure the affiliates would be that understanding...guy just came back and now already having issues liek this..they have time slots to fill and Art is the name that people tune in for

No radio station in their right mind would ever broadcast his show again, and I don't blame them one bit. You change your scheduled programming for Art, then, 'oh wait really he's not doing it anymore?'.

Quote from: b_dubb on December 11, 2015, 08:19:25 PM
More shows is more shows. We have more content to listen to. I hope Art open sources those files to Time Travelers

And let's not forgot no one got hurt. That's important.

And Art proved that it could be done. I call it a success.

"Mission Accomplished"...

diyrob

This is the end
Beautiful friend
This is the end
My only friend, the end

Of our elaborate plans, the end
Of everything that stands, the end
No safety or surprise, the end...

Coz

Quote from: Claudius on December 11, 2015, 08:22:06 PM
No radio station in their right mind would ever broadcast his show again, and I don't blame them one bit. You change your scheduled programming for Art, then, 'oh wait really he's not doing it anymore?'.

Yea... it's over.

ge30542

Now watch, with my luck, they'll cancel Downtown Abbey after this season.

trostol

Quote from: ge30542 on December 11, 2015, 08:24:13 PM

hmm..not sure how to tell you this then lol

Claudius

On a more serious note, I strongly believe that the C2C team was never very concerned about Art's return. They've dealt with him for so long I'm assuming they had an inner-office bet about how long he would stay on the air.

Quote from: VoteQuimby on December 11, 2015, 08:21:23 PM
There's enough disaster, giving a complete rookie an open lines show with this massive clusterfuck would be amazing radio but a complete catastrophe.

A car wreck I'd love to rubber neck.

HumanBeing

Quote from: Philosopher on December 11, 2015, 08:16:11 PM
So how does he know for sure there is a connection between the shooter and his radio show?  They may not be related.  The shooter could have different motives.

Exactly.

However Art did say he got a voice message on his phone one night saying not to go on the air, or something along those lines.

I just don't know if the things he said happened actually happened the way he said they did. Art might be suffering from early onset of dementia. I'm very skeptical about all this  :(

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Claudius on December 11, 2015, 08:22:06 PM

It kills me..  he was over the moon with ABC joining him for the ride..  argh.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: GravitySucks on December 11, 2015, 07:31:34 PM
I want me a brand new (Redacted) shirt.

In camo, because it is still hunting season down here. So if you are my Secret Santa, that's what I want.

Roswells... heather... heather.. Heather... Heather.. HEATHER.. HEATHER.. HEATHER.....HEATHER!!!

munbeam666

Arts predicament is just another chapter of the fact that too many crazy people have access to guns in this country. There should be a stricter check nationally on all gun purchases, plus a complete ban on assault weapons. This incident shows how just one nut case can spoil a wonderful scene for everyone, and put Art and his family  in danger.
BTW, my boyfriend is a gun owner, and he agrees with what I'm saying

Quote from: Claudius on December 11, 2015, 08:25:29 PM
On a more serious note, I strongly believe that the C2C team was never very concerned about Art's return. They've dealt with him for so long I'm assuming they had an inner-office bet about how long he would stay on the air.

Noory has his audience. 13 straight years of Noory...

HumanBeing

Quote from: Coz on December 11, 2015, 08:19:14 PM
He could have moved the production out of his house for one. Letting people know where you actually do the show from is very dangerous.

He just didn't have the piss and vinegar in him to fight back.

Quote from: ge30542 on December 11, 2015, 08:24:13 PM

It's Downton Abbey. I can see you're a real fan.