• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

El Chorro

George's Victorian spooks show was good on hour 2, but for some reason in hour 1 they got off on some farmer's story about guttural noises outside his cottage. But in hour 2 they were back onto Ouija boards and the role of women in the paranormal field during that era.

It can be frustrating that George's interviews are so casual. You finish listening and realize you just didn't learn that much. If he has an engaging guest, it can be entertaining, but you're not going to get, say, fifteen minutes on the origins and use of Ouija boards, it's going to be a lot of alarmism and gee-whiz-don't-mess-with-those!

George is listed as the headliner at Contact in the Desert this weekend. His style has had an impact on the field...either because of his personal charisma or the power of the Coast show, the voices in the field tend to line up behind him. No doubt it really annoyed Art, but in this eraâ€"20 years out from Art's heydayâ€"paranormal topics are really more about escapism.

George isn't responsible for that; he's just the right man for these needy and cynical times. It makes Art's criticism of him seem small...if Art had stayed with it all those years, would the field be different today? Was Art's disdain for George a kind of lashing out at what the Internet had done to "paranormal"?

GravitySucks

Quote from: Dateline on June 03, 2018, 11:13:22 AM
From what I know, they did not live in the same state. He lives/works in Cali and Mo.  She lived, I believe, in Kentucky.  The event mostly occurred in Washington, D.C. and Cali against her.  I think she did not know that MO had jurisdiction as a filing location. I don't know the law so don't hold me to this, but it would be confusing for a lawyer.  You have several states involved, and  every state has their own laws?

Where did the storyline that she was a tranny start?  Are you saying you know that to he false for sure?  I think that was the first thing that made me even do a cursory look into the posts at GLP. 

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on June 02, 2018, 06:08:58 PM
OMG, I am so happy you are back. Someone had told me that you had died and I was upset. I'm glad they were wrong. They said you were the one who did the upper right hand corner picks before the new person took over.

Well, reports of my (our) death(s) has/have been greatly exaggerated, and never had a hand in the corner pics. Maybe confusing us for someone else?

Jojo

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 03, 2018, 02:53:36 PM
Where did the storyline that she was a tranny start?  Are you saying you know that to he false for sure?  I think that was the first thing that made me even do a cursory look into the posts at GLP.
I was very curious too.  Her behavior and GLP posts seem so feminine.  I know GLP sometimes has tranny chats, but just bec someone is in there does not mean they are one!

Jojo

Quote from: Dateline on June 03, 2018, 10:11:38 AM
This is how I understand or heard it.  Missouri case files are available on the internet.  I think it was appealed, but still the original filing has shown up under he name and if you were to google it you would find it, and the appeals.  It was even published, as I have heard in the legal books, Westlaw.  She works as an attorney and worked representing children and the elderly, disabled as I have heard.  The information is all "out there" under her name if you do a search, and her employabilty would be affected.  This would harm someone financially. 

Also, just imagine someone that you have been communicating with turning around and lying about you on the court stand, and saying mean and untrue things about  you.  And, to this day on this board and on others she is called a transsexual and tranny, which is  demoralizing and emotionally disturbing and it persists to this day.  None of this is true, I have met her, although just in passing as a couple of conferences.  You can google her name and it will refer back to the posting. She is a victim of this abuse. 

Also, I have heard that Norry and his producer stalked her at a Steven Bassett conference.  She was scared as she had never been roughed up and stalked like this .  When she confronted the producer, just in conversation, he said they were going to get an Order on her, basically to cover their ass.  She did not know she could file a R.O. on Norry until they took it to court, and she did.
The tranny comments sure could be abuse, because I have known trannies and her posts don't sound like one.

I had forgotten how transparent MO court records are to the nation.  MO is definitely the "Show Me" state.  Do they still use SSN's as their drivers' license numbers?  Gee whiz!  But, most employers don't check court records.  Most background checks only check crimes.  A restraining order is not typically considered proof of a crime (unless you are already on a stay of proceedings or other hot water).  It is usually only considered a crime if she were to violate it.  The order is usually only good for a year.  After 10 years, I don't think anyone would care, so even in the worst case scenario, she will be fine soon, as long as he doesn't apply for a lifetime order.  Just my opinion.

And, when I applied to work with disabled people, the app only asked if I ever had a restraining order from a disabled person.  It did not ask about functional persons.  Of course, Norry might fit both definitions, but law firms will consider him functional, so they would not mind if she worked with children or the disabled. 

Quote from: monica on June 03, 2018, 06:31:26 PM
...  MO is definitely the "Show Me" state...

That would certainly solve the tranny queston

albrecht

Quote from: chefist on June 03, 2018, 08:51:44 PM
Here's one for ya...Good for George...he deserves it.

http://static.wnd.com/2018/06/king-of-overnight-radio-ready-for-hall-of-fame/
Ha. Same bio as other articles. I always get a kick out of how "Talk Radio," a movie about an offensive talk radio host with several personal problems who is killed by a skinhead gang, inspired him to become a radio host! Not not the real story, not the real man Alan Berg, not the book, not the play, but the movie which was in the late 80's- didn't he already have a career in media by then?

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on June 03, 2018, 08:58:23 PM
Ha. Same bio as other articles. I always get a kick out of how "Talk Radio," a movie about an offensive talk radio host with several personal problems who is killed by a skinhead gang, inspired him to become a radio host! Not not the real story, not the real man Alan Berg, not the book, not the play, but the movie which was in the late 80's- didn't he already have a career in media by then?

The guest Connie Willis had on last night said he started in 1974

El Chorro

Quote from: chefist on June 03, 2018, 08:51:44 PM
Here's one for ya...Good for George...he deserves it.

http://static.wnd.com/2018/06/king-of-overnight-radio-ready-for-hall-of-fame/

Link not working for me...judging from the link name, it must be the surprise Church was referring to when George was on his show the other day, but then opted not to announce.

ETA...I tried it without the "static" and it worked: http://mobile.wnd.com/2018/06/king-of-overnight-radio-ready-for-hall-of-fame/

chefist

Quote from: El Chorro on June 03, 2018, 09:09:32 PM
Link not working for me...judging from the link name, it must be the surprise Church was referring to when George was on his show the other day, but then opted not to announce.

It takes a while to load...no idea why...

Here's where you vote for George...I'm going to...you might not agree, but I believe he deserves it.

https://www.radiovote.com/

El Chorro

Quote from: chefist on June 03, 2018, 09:11:39 PM
It takes a while to load...no idea why...

It came up as "can't open" until I removed the "static"

chefist

Quote from: El Chorro on June 03, 2018, 09:13:09 PM
It came up as "can't open" until I removed the "static"

I had issues too...Here's the text:

When you think about the biggest talk-radio shows in the country, it would be easy to overlook his massive audience of millions nightly on some 600 stations. The low-key, soothing-voiced, professional broadcaster worked in the broadcast news business for decades before taking over the reins of what many thought would be the irreplaceable Art Bell. But today, the show is bigger than ever, an oddity in an information world dominated by Twitter-like short-form digital communications.

George Noory’s world is definitely long-form, devoting four hours a night â€" or early morning, depending on your location â€" to interviews and calls on, well, just about anything and everything from UFOs to efforts at global government to mysteries of the paranormal.

Monday is his 68th birthday and what he most wants from his avid listeners and fans as a gift is election to the National Radio Hall of Fame.

Having taken his show to heights thought impossible by industry experts in the overnight time slot, he’s got the track record, credentials, audience ratings, sponsors and personal work ethic to justify the honor. And he’s got one more thing â€" the love and the loyalty of millions of listeners.

So, who is George Noory, besides the host of the most popular overnight show in the country and the most successful program of its kind ever aired?

He grew up in Detroit, the oldest of three children of an Egyptian-American father and Lebanese-American mother. He was raised Roman Catholic who loved listening to Edward R. Murrow and Walter Cronkite. His first experience with the strange world of the paranormal came at the age of about 11 when he was home in bed and sick with a fever. It was an experience not entirely uncommon, just unexplainable â€" often known as an “out of body experience.” He felt himself floating upward toward the ceiling above his bed looking down at his body.

Like many other kids, investigating this phenomenon became a passion, which in those days meant going to the library, he joined the UFO club at school. He looked into New Age medicine.

“My life really began to evolve at that young age,” he recalls.

Later, while at the University of Detroit, he filled in as a production assistant at a local ABC affiliate. It eventually became a full-time broadcast reporting job. He worked his way up the ladder in radio from producer to news executive and moved around the “M-states” â€" Michigan to Minnesota to Missouri, finally becoming the news director for KSDK-TV in St. Louis, where he won three Emmys, raised three children of his own and left the news business for a big public-relations company, as well as starting a Middle Eastern restaurant, and a video-production company.

At the age of 46, he tried to figure out what he wanted to do with the rest of his life.

Seeing the movie “Talk Radio” got him thinking about an on-air position. He found a job doing the overnight shift for St. Louis AM station KTRS as “The Nighthawk,” at which he began talking about the unexplained. His audience grew and he began filling in for Art Bell on Coast to Coast AM,” taking over full-time when Bell retired in 2003.

But Noory approached the job differently than Bell did. Noory never completely left his newsman orientation, giving wide berth to his guests and callers and always recognizing that being a radio host also means being an entertainer.

He’s been ahead of his time, telling an interviewer eight years ago: “People are beginning to realize they can’t fully trust government anymore.”

“I believe that there are groups on this planet far above governments â€" who control governments,” he said in 2010. “I think that there are players on this planet who are so wealthy, and so powerful, that the game for them is control and manipulation. And they make presidents, and they make kings and queens, and they make leaders of nations. Who are they specifically? I’m not going to give names â€" I never do on the air. But we all suspect who they may be. And those are the ones you have to be careful of.”

Long ago he recognized what so many are talking about and reacting against today â€" “the push for more of a world government.

El Chorro

Oh, it's an article saying he wants people to vote for him. According to Savage, they suspended that last year when they wanted to be sure Hannity got in (Savage had just won the listener poll to get in the year before). Now I guess they're back to the kinda-dumb listener-poll selection process. But if anyone can get in with a listener poll, it ought to be Noory.

chefist

Quote from: El Chorro on June 03, 2018, 09:17:28 PM
Oh, it's an article saying he wants people to vote for him. According to Savage, they suspended that last year when they wanted to be sure Hannity got in (Savage had just won the listener poll to get in the year before). Now I guess they're back to the kinda-dumb listener-poll selection process. But if anyone can get in with a listener poll, it ought to be Noory.

Yea...exactly...

chefist

Quote from: Dateline on June 03, 2018, 09:31:08 PM
Would you vote for Harvey Weinstein?

LOL...George had a casting couch? ha...who was on it? Whitley? he's used meat my friend.  ;D

El Chorro

Quote from: chefist on June 03, 2018, 09:23:25 PM
Yea...exactly...

Noory's RFK guest tomorrow night will be a lot different than Tim's last night. I give Tim credit for having a guy on with a 20-year-old book (that detail wasn't immediately apparent to me) who considers the matter to have been settled (by him and his decades-old research) rather than a sensationalizing conspiracist, which is no doubt what Coast will have booked.

As interesting as Tim's guest was, and as compromised as he preemptively makes whatever George does seem to be, you have to wonder if Art would have booked Tim's guest or George's. I rather think Art would have gone George's route.

Quote from: chefist on June 03, 2018, 09:15:11 PM
I had issues too...Here's the text:

When you think about the biggest talk-radio shows in the country, it would be easy to overlook his massive audience of millions nightly on some 600 stations...

More of the dishonest ''millions of listeners'' per night BS.  Those are cumulatives for the week, not per night.

GravitySucks

I think Howard Bloom consults with YP when it cones to Trump.

Howard Bloom....that guy gives ignorant partisan hacks a bad name.

Here's an economic illiterate ''expert'' on to tell us in two back-to back-sentences that 1) unemployment is at a historic low, and 2) the growth to the economy is only benefitting ''the rich''.  Thanks George.

Quote from: Jackstar on May 30, 2018, 11:50:38 AM
You're never going to immanentize the Eschaton like this if you don't stop fapping. True story.

Eric Voegelin hates you.

George just now:  ''too-mare'-ick, or too-murr'-ick, however you want to pronounce it''

chefist

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on June 03, 2018, 10:02:14 PM
More of the dishonest ''millions of listeners'' per night BS.  Those are cumulatives for the week, not per night.

I did the math a couple of weeks ago...seems 400,000 per night...far lower than millions....you are correct...

Quote from: chefist on June 03, 2018, 11:22:16 PM
I did the math a couple of weeks ago...seems 400,000 per night...far lower than millions....you are correct...

And he's not like Art, where a fairly high percentage listen to the entire program.  Consider how many listen to just the first hour, or listen to a segment or two in the car.

He may be in the low few thousands by the end of the show

Holy shit this guy sucks.  Are you really going to vote for him for Radio Hall of Fame?

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on June 03, 2018, 11:25:30 PM
Holy shit this guy sucks.  Are you really going to vote for him for Radio Hall of Fame?

It's the only sure way to kill the Radio Hall of Fame

Dateline

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on June 03, 2018, 11:25:30 PM

Of course not.  He cannot even keep his "Grampers" clean, and that is a shame, not for the hall of fame.

Somebody tell Jorch that these dogs can sniff out idiots.