• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

jazmunda

Thursday Night's Guest:

http://artbell.com/thu-sep-10-david-pares/

QuoteNebraska State MUFON Director, Professor David Pares has independently developed a warp drive device.

David Pares is President of Space Warp Dynamics, LLC.  A newly formed company that is conducting research and development of the first functional space warp motor.  David also teaches as an Adjunct Professor at University of Nebraska at Omaha.  He teaches Astronomy, Meteorology, Geography and Geology.  He has also taught College Physics for over six years.

WARP DRIVE BABY!!!!!

AppealPlay

It's great Art is getting new affiliates (and apparently even Hoagie is on one of the smaller stations that carries Art now - who wudda thunk that?) but I hope in the coming months he's able to get on a couple large stations in the top 25 markets.  It would be great for the show if he was picked up by a blowtorch in another major market.  Follow KXL's lead!

Also, listening to the Bigfoot lady on the archive right now. The first few minutes are already good.  Bigfoot has a son, Littlefoot. :D

Love Bigfoot.  Want more Bigfoot shows please, Art.  Cryptozoology in general, actually. :)

Skunk Ape

Quote from: NXOEED on September 09, 2015, 09:56:28 AM

Cool, thanks for the shout-out.

I'm not sure they were into my illustration. The "throwbackedness" of it might not have been the look they were going for, but it was free and I was willing to do the work. I think given the choice, they'd prefer stock imagery with a Helvetica font typed over it, which is totally understandable.

But, in the event that I'm reading it wrong, here's my card:

brief portfolio of work from the past several months:
http://ordophx.tumblr.com

As a graphic designer working for a newspaper ad hub, stock images and Helvetica are my bread and butter and I will not have them talked as if they were overused in the field. . . 

(Save me...) lol

Quote from: BellBoy on September 09, 2015, 03:20:22 PM
Yes Art, I think the one message we can all take away from this post is that  the word "Trash" is offensive... bullshit! is definitely the way to go
BULLSHIT!
I didn't say to call it Bullshit I chose to use the word bullshit over trash.  Truth or Bullshit does actually sound better than Truth or Trash.  TO ME.  It's a free country trashman.  Hope you can move your  NOSEY ass along.

Quote from: WhiteCrow on September 09, 2015, 10:01:51 PM
Roswells... great ideas, like theme or maybe a few themes a night to pick from... except of course, Art doesn't like using the 'bad' words (and I concur) so truth or trash IMHO is fine.
Yo, Whiecrow.

Art is classy.  Truth or Trash sounds trashy.

I actually suggested Truth or Balderdash.  I simply discussed it using the word bullshit to get to the point.  What he's asking the caller to do is actually bullshit the judges.  He doesn't want cussing, like AS IN, NO CUSSING.  BUT HE CAN SAY HELL OR DAMN AS HE FEELS LIKE IT EVEN ALLOWING THE GUEST WHO LIKE A 5 year old stutters on the cuss word until Art approves it and then on several occasions he's gone so far as to say it for the 65 yr old guest acting like a child, who then will say it, after Art has approved.  That's real bullshit right there!

Truth or Trash

Or

Truth or Balderdash

If I'm going to bullshit you I'd be a little pissed if you said I was talking trash... Kinda - drunken - white - boy - ghetto talk.

Cheers and Roswells!

Quote from: Jessicas Place on September 10, 2015, 09:40:18 AM
Truth or Trash

Or

Truth or Balderdash

If I'm going to bullshit you I'd be a little pissed if you said I was talking trash... Kinda - drunken - white - boy - ghetto talk.

Cheers and Roswells!

Yeah, I`m likin` the cut of your jib, but I`d go full-blown "poppycock" instead. Kind of sings.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Jessicas Place on September 10, 2015, 09:40:18 AM
Truth or Trash

Or

Truth or Balderdash
I believe the technically accurate terms are Bullshit or Horseshit.

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 10, 2015, 10:12:32 AM

I like the classical cockamamie or malarkey.

NXOEED

Quote from: Skunk Ape on September 10, 2015, 06:06:06 AM
As a graphic designer working for a newspaper ad hub, stock images and Helvetica are my bread and butter and I will not have them talked as if they were overused in the field. . . 

(Save me...) lol

hahaha

phrodo

Truth or Trash is a perfect name. The 'TR' alliteration adds to the catchy title. If you have a problem with the word trash perhaps there is a deeper issue in play than simply the use of that simple word. You may want to seek professional counseling.  ::)

NXOEED

Quote from: chefist on September 09, 2015, 08:45:07 PM
Missed seeing your posts, man! You give BellGab flavor! LOL

Good to see you, buddy.

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on September 05, 2015, 06:48:34 PM
Larger social media presence and cross promotion. That'll do you even better than traditional media ads nowadays.

Right-O.
I'll bet there are a lot of peeps on these boards that have their own websites or blogs. If you could get them to do a link-back from their site to BellGab, you'll start popping up all over the web. That's probably the quickest way to raise awareness.
Just thinking out loud here.... but it would be really awesome if you could get a link-back to Marc Maren's podcast site at wtfpod.com . Hell, he got a tv show spin-off because of his pod-casts [ I think on IFC ]. His language can become quite colorful at times though. Just something to consider. I'm sure Jaz & Red & Saucy have probably mentioned link-backs, but they do work.
  I'll also second the YT teaser idea. That's how I've found lots of peeps I never knew existed. I searched for a specific topic, checked out the vid or audio then scoped their website if I liked them. And Art, you're a likable cat w/ a voice for radio who covers a myriad of topics.
Just my 2-cents worth.

Juan Cena

Quote from: jazmunda on September 10, 2015, 03:23:48 AM
Thursday Night's Guest:

http://artbell.com/thu-sep-10-david-pares/

WARP DRIVE BABY!!!!!

Hmm, I might have to call in and ask Pares about Warren Ellis' informational drive. Of course that would have to delve into the hologram Universe theory.

Art and (Redacted) really need to try to get Ellis on as a guest.

Quote from: henge0stone on September 05, 2015, 07:12:10 PM
Thanks for the awesome show! The episode about werewolves was particularly creepy, I found myself looking out the window to makes sure there were no red eyes peering at me. This is the hallmark of a great Art Bell show.

LOL -  Try walking outside for a smoke when that show was on and the woods is only 30 feet from your front door. Did I mention there are only 2 23 watt florescent bulbs outside. They take a while to brighten up. Lots of critters in the woods at night come out to play...   ...and eat. Great show though. I really enjoyed it.

Quote from: chefist on September 05, 2015, 10:04:09 PM
I personally think it all should be taxed at the same rate...

I personally think there should be no income taxes, it would cut out the bloat in government   ;)

RoseGirl

I'm leaning toward 'Truth or Pooh-Pooh Ka-Ka"

ItsOver

AB, that's getting awfully close to violating Art's "no bad language" rule.  Maybe you could get away with Bravo Sierra. I'll bet Ma Noory is now secretly listening to Art, instead of her embarrassment of a son.  Don't want to upset Ma Moory, either.

BellBoy

Quote from: phrodo on September 10, 2015, 12:32:33 PM
Truth or Trash is a perfect name. The 'TR' alliteration adds to the catchy title. If you have a problem with the word trash perhaps there is a deeper issue in play than simply the use of that simple word. You may want to seek professional counseling.  ::)

Man, you hit that nail straight-on-the-head. This one seems to be far too easily offended by... well, just about anything, really.

The following might actually be a better suited forum... for their sensitivities:

http://asperclick.com/

coaster

I missed a few shows. Been really sick and bedridden. Too sick to listen to the radio, now that sucks. But fever broke and I can move without crawling, so lets get back to Art.

bateman

ShayP

Quote from: coaster on September 10, 2015, 03:59:30 PM
I missed a few shows. Been really sick and bedridden. Too sick to listen to the radio, now that sucks. But fever broke and I can move without crawling, so lets get back to Art.

"Too sick to listen to radio"...Wow.   :-\  Glad you're feeling better.   :)  Cheers!  8)

SciFiAuthor

Tonight, a guy that's trying to build his own warp drive after having accidentally flown his plane through a natural one. That makes for a good story right there.

chefist

Quote from: coaster on September 10, 2015, 03:59:30 PM

Glad you recovered...if a fever lasts more than 2 days you need a doc, man...

ItsOver

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 10, 2015, 04:20:46 PM
Tonight, a guy that's trying to build his own warp drive after having accidentally flown his plane through a natural one. That makes for a good story right there.
I hope he didn't skip two years and end up in Fairfield, Ohio.

ItsOver

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 10, 2015, 05:31:04 AM
It's great Art is getting new affiliates (and apparently even Hoagie is on one of the smaller stations that carries Art now - who wudda thunk that?) but I hope in the coming months he's able to get on a couple large stations in the top 25 markets.  It would be great for the show if he was picked up by a blowtorch in another major market.  Follow KXL's lead!...

Yes, it was great to hear Art's picked-up more stations.  The Scorpion army marches on.

munbeam666

ItsOver

Good question.  I'm beginning to suffer from ALL CAPS withdrawal.

Freyja

Quote from: phrodo on September 10, 2015, 12:32:33 PM

LOL...I totally agree.

Is this another example of PC'ness going insane? What happens when more words become allegedly offensive? Do we need a new dictionary?!?!

The T & T show is supposed to be fun. Now "trash" is up for debate as a term?....seriously?