• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on February 03, 2021, 02:05:22 PM
Lent was quite an operation when you think about it.  Forget Fat Kamps; this was universal ritual dieting.  This needs to be revived.
And the Catholic variety let you survive on beer so better than the Muslim type of fasting rituals. Granted this was a time in which much of the populace in Continental Europe relied on beer for sustenance being, basically, 'liquid bread' with less potential for diseases unlike water and cheap to make, but the monks with their strong beers? I wonder what it was like in those places eating/drinking nothing but strong beers.

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on February 03, 2021, 02:26:14 PM
And the Catholic variety let you survive on beer so better than the Muslim type of fasting rituals. Granted this was a time in which much of the populace in Continental Europe relied on beer for sustenance being, basically, 'liquid bread' with less potential for diseases unlike water and cheap to make, but the monks with their strong beers? I wonder what it was like in those places eating/drinking nothing but strong beers.

Muslims don't know how to fast properly.  Their whole Ramadan thing is just a series of 24-hour fasts because you can eat every night -- hell I do that most days.  And you get all these stories of men grumpy and in anguish because they are not allowed to eat until sundown -- who feels like eating in that kind of heat anyway?  Total lightweights.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: K_Dubb on February 03, 2021, 02:47:18 PM
Muslims don't know how to fast properly.  Their whole Ramadan thing is just a series of 24-hour fasts because you can eat every night -- hell I do that most days.  And you get all these stories of men grumpy and in anguish because they are not allowed to eat until sundown -- who feels like eating in that kind of heat anyway?  Total lightweights.

When I went to university I met a Muslim student through a friend who was bemoaning the fact that he had to fast. He was Soooo hungry and letting us know that. When I found out he got to eat at sundown I thought, “What a wussy little bitch.”

Ciardelo

It appears to me that a Nest Camera might not be the most secure system out there.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 03, 2021, 02:53:04 PM
When I went to university I met a Muslim student through a friend who was bemoaning the fact that he had to fast. He was Soooo hungry and letting us know that. When I found out he got to eat at sundown I thought, “What a wussy little bitch.”

It wouldn't be so objectionable if they didn't make such a BFD of it.  But I think the public piety is an important part of the ritual.  So nobody suspects you just scarfed down a muffin in the men's room.

I kind of think they can't drink, either, though, which would be a real problem; I am a thirsty little bitch.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Ciardelo on February 03, 2021, 03:12:59 PM
It appears to me that a Nest Camera might not be the most secure system out there.

All I saw was a fat person who could not possibly do anything of interest to me at all.  That is the last time I am clicking on Walks's link traps.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: K_Dubb on February 03, 2021, 03:20:41 PM
All I saw was a fat person who could not possibly do anything of interest to me at all.  That is the last time I am clicking on Walks's link traps.

But running distraction for the CCP is how he makes his money.

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on February 03, 2021, 03:19:45 PM
It wouldn't be so objectionable if they didn't make such a BFD of it.  But I think the public piety is an important part of the ritual.  So nobody suspects you just scarfed down a muffin in the men's room.

I kind of think they can't drink, either, though, which would be a real problem; I am a thirsty little bitch.
No drinking during day. No coffee, so that is a complaint as many Muzzies love to drink coffee. But also no water, which is bad also, especially in those Muslim lands of hot deserts. Interestingly also if it a violation if you 'force vomit' but if it occurs without consent it doesn't violate it, though there is vigorous commentary and debate on this. These people are crazy. (Though technically not being of sound mind can get you out of the fasting and rules, according to most Islamic 'scholars.')

Quote from: K_Dubb on February 03, 2021, 03:20:41 PM

GLP swears by that link. Decided it might not have been the best thing to post.  Glad you have it for future reference.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 03, 2021, 03:25:48 PM

We've been blowing out revenue targets so might be hiring in 2Q. You want in?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on February 03, 2021, 03:36:43 PM
We've been blowing out revenue targets so might be hiring in 2Q. You want in?

I thought you’d never ask. Hook me up with some of that Biden cash! ;)

K_Dubb

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 03, 2021, 03:25:48 PM

Who, Walks?  I warned you a long time ago he is a spy.  I have a theory that Feigl-Ding is his son, since their work is so similar.  But "Feigl" doesn't sound Prussian to me.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on February 03, 2021, 03:32:21 PM
GLP swears by that link. Decided it might not have been the best thing to post.  Glad you have it for future reference.

Unless his hovel is regularly visited by troupes of twerking Pinoys you have wasted my time, sir.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: K_Dubb on February 03, 2021, 03:42:43 PM
Unless his hovel is regularly visited by troupes of twerking Pinoys you have wasted my time, sir.

I think that was a woman.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 03, 2021, 03:47:42 PM
I think that was a woman.

Does it matter, in that advanced state of decrepitude?  You guys are hard up.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on February 03, 2021, 03:32:21 PM

Between KF and GLP, Walks is really doing us a solid.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: K_Dubb on February 03, 2021, 03:51:17 PM
Does it matter, in that advanced state of decrepitude?  You guys are hard up.

I didn’t say I was attracted to her, only that I recognized her as female. I suppose in your world, with all the gender confusion they’re all men until further proof.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 03, 2021, 04:22:04 PM
I didn’t say I was attracted to her, only that I recognized her as female. I suppose in your world, with all the gender confusion they’re all men until further proof.

Don't get all huffy; I'm not the one peeping at some old bat.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: K_Dubb on February 03, 2021, 04:31:40 PM
Don't get all huffy; I'm not the one peeping at some old bat.

Yes you were.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 03, 2021, 04:35:10 PM
Yes you were.

FOR LIKE 30 SECONDS JEEZ if Walks had titled it responsibly, something like "Old Bat Reads Back-Issues Of Cosmo In Squalor", I would not have clicked on it at all.

K_Dubb

Whether the poor creature has a peen is irrelevant nobody wants to see that.

Quote from: K_Dubb on February 03, 2021, 04:43:31 PM
Whether the poor creature has a peen is irrelevant nobody wants to see that.

Oh man. I'm dying.

Well this sounds a little concerning. NIST guys getting their freak on when something wrong.

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/1357090016338534401

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on February 03, 2021, 05:09:32 PM
Well this sounds a little concerning. NIST guys getting their freak on when something wrong.

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/1357090016338534401
http://towncourier.com/reactor-powers-nist-research/

"“We have never had any elevated levels,” said Sean O’Kelly, deputy director for NIST Center for Neutron Research." 

Not worth it. Make more on K Street or Crystal City as a lobbyist, lawyer, or contractor and can avoid the higher MD taxes and property prices. 

https://www.salary.com/research/salary/benchmark/nuclear-medicine-technologist-salary/gaithersburg-md

Once again. What's up with this?

P.S. Pretty much peen free guarantee so click with confidence.

Asuka Langley

TORTIYAHS! Guacamole chips are best tortilla chips

AZZERAE

Quote from: ItsOver on February 03, 2021, 12:26:01 PM
Thanks for the coffee recommendation, Azzerae. I’m really enjoying the Illy. Smooth, no bitterness, an excellent brew.

You bet! They have it in your neck of the woods, do they? Perhaps we import it here. I like me so bitterness.

AZZERAE

Quote from: K_Dubb on February 03, 2021, 12:14:23 PM
[It] has nothing to do with health, bunny, and everything to do with beauty.

I can't help but agree with you, at every turn.