• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Quote from: Chronaut on January 17, 2016, 04:23:05 PM
I’ve never even been to the George sucks thread, and I posted one thoughtful comment in the Falkie thread and immediately got sassed by SV so I never bothered with it again.  I recently learned of some snarky old posts by (Redacted) but that stuff didn’t seem germane to the troubling Art/MV dilemma.

I don’t understand why everyone keeps invoking the poor treatment of Noory as some kind of measuring stick.  In the same breath, people keep implying that GN’s treatment has been abysmal and inappropriate…while also suggesting that the same low standard should be acceptable regarding Art.   Which is it?  Are you saying that you’re cool with whatever rotten evisceration GN has been subjected to, or are you saying that everyone deserves better?  You can’t have it both ways.

There’s just been too much over-simplified black-and-white knee-jerk emotionalism around here.  Everyone’s either a villain or a hero lately.  It’s juvenile.  We’re all adults here (well, most of us anyway).  Let’s just accept the fact that we’re all assholes, and move forward.  Everyone has made mistakes in recent weeks:  Art, MV, me, you.  Trying to figure out whose culpability is greater than the other’s is pointless.

When all this shit finally blows over, the fact will remain that if Art and MV were to sit down and split a bottle of Scotch together, they’d both be apologizing and hugging each other by the end of the night.  And that’s a good thing.  Because we all may be flawed assholes, but the important thing is to rise above it once in awhile.
Sredni's response to this post nails it, but I will add a few things.

I understand that you are relatively new here.  You may not have seen the content of those threads.  But Bellgab is exactly as it has always been, back when it was georgenoorysucks.com - that URL might give you a hint about some of the content.  Art has been a member here a long time, and his comments on air during DM and MITD certainly indicate he knew full well that this is an adults only, gloves are off place.  He liked it that way, because the hate was all directed at Noory.

Bellgab hasn't changed.  Art did.

BellBoy

Quote from: Stardust Ancestor on January 17, 2016, 06:07:49 PM
Yes definitely different than the original story. Leaving out the firecracker part was most likely intentional, she may have felt it would undermine the situation. She's left out the firecracker part on more than one occasion. I remember when she initially talked about it and failed to mention Art not being sure whether it was a firecracker or .22.

Well to be fair, that's just good editing, on her part. Using the word 'firecracker' doesn't make the 'danger' sound very 'clear and present', now does it?

Hmmm... Perhaps Art IS right and Heather really IS good! Naaaaah. :P

Quote from: VoteQuimby on January 17, 2016, 06:10:24 PM
Art needs to be a guest on MITD one night and do damage control. That's the only way I think he can get out of this. I don't believe a word he says anymore but he could massage the majority of his fan base into backing off if he'd just come on the air and take it on the chin for a few hours. He's a charismatic talented man who can manipulate things any way he chooses with the majority of people believing him. If he comes on, defends himself, praises Heather and takes some shots at his critics, one half of his fan base will silence the other half.

That's the only way I see he gets out of this. You know... hopefully the stalker will allow Art to do that, since apparently he doesn't care about Art posting on social media about his and his family's location and activities regularly.

i think this is a GOOD suggestion

trostol

Quote from: norland2424 on January 17, 2016, 06:14:19 PM
I miss the old days of art not being a drama queen, people complaining about the guest and saying noory sucked  :-\

guests stink and Noory sucks!!!!!

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 17, 2016, 06:12:21 PM
No Leo still holds that record.

I'm going to go start my own radio network! With blackjack! And hookers!

Element 115

Quote from: BellBoy on January 17, 2016, 06:15:21 PM
Well to be fair, that's just good editing, on her part. Using the word 'firecracker' doesn't make the 'danger' sound very 'clear and present', now does it?

Hmmm... Perhaps Art IS right and Heather really IS good! Naaaaah. :P

Correct, hence mentioning the firecracker could undermine the situation. However, she could have just wanted to give an overview.

chefist

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on January 17, 2016, 06:15:05 PM
Sredni's response to this post nails it, but I will add a few things.

I understand that you are relatively new here.  You may not have seen the content of those threads.  But Bellgab is exactly as it has always been, back when it was georgenoorysucks.com - that URL might give you a hint about some of the content.  Art has been a member here a long time, and his comments on air during DM and MITD certainly indicate he knew full well that this is an adults only, gloves are off place.  He liked it that way, because the hate was all directed at Noory.

Bellgab hasn't changed.  Art did.

I also remember a post by Art saying he disliked "ass kissers"...

Value Of Pi

Quote from: VoteQuimby on January 17, 2016, 06:10:24 PM
Art needs to be a guest on MITD one night and do damage control. That's the only way I think he can get out of this. I don't believe a word he says anymore but he could massage the majority of his fan base into backing off if he'd just come on the air and take it on the chin for a few hours. He's a charismatic talented man who can manipulate things any way he chooses with the majority of people believing him. If he comes on, defends himself, praises Heather and takes some shots at his critics, one half of his fan base will silence the other half.

That's the only way I see he gets out of this. You know... hopefully the stalker will allow Art to do that, since apparently he doesn't care about Art posting on social media about his and his family's location and activities regularly.

I suggested early on that Art interview himself on this subject and deal with it properly. He would do a much better job than Heather.

HumanBeing

Quote from: BellBoy on January 17, 2016, 06:07:29 PM
Art's apparently in Las Vegas this weekend, rolling on his chances of ever, successfully, making a comeback...

I thought he went there to purchase a few pairs of big boy pants. Size extra small.
But apparently they had already sold out due to a substantial buy from Vandeven Enterprises.
;D

trostol

Quote from: Value Of Pi on January 17, 2016, 06:17:43 PM
I suggested early on that Art interview himself on this subject and deal with it properly. He would do a much better job than Heather.

Should let Dave interview him lol

VtaGeezer

Quote from: norland2424 on January 17, 2016, 05:20:07 PM
Agreed the man is still one hell of a good host, hes just always needed a real manager/handler to stop him from being stupid.
Been saying it for years...really...

Quote from: VtaGeezer on November 12, 2013, 05:03:55 PM
Jeez...I drop by for the first time in months, unwilling to participate in the orgy of the Bell fanboys after The Announcement, and learn that Genius Radio Host Art Bell has once again been done in by Sharp Businessman Art Bell. Anyone with more than a fleeting history as a Bell listener should have known how this would end. The only thing surprising was the blinding speed this time.  This poor man needs a legal guardian.

Quote from: Value Of Pi on January 17, 2016, 06:17:43 PM

You need Heather though since he needs to give her the vote of confidence and have him say that she gets it. Plus you need them both there to take the brunt of the callers' fury. Blood let all the fury in one night, let /x/ call in and go fucking nuts and don't sell any of it. Art is the king of being cool under pressure on the radio. Heather would get a reprieve of a few weeks before all the hate on her would start again.

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 17, 2016, 06:14:23 PM
Folks, I think we have found the stalker!

I just informed MV privately that this post better be deleted or I'm going to have to bring my lawyer into this.

hoagie said the other night about having new problems with DM network that needs to be worked out 
--and if Art and Hoagie are still not talking  =does anyone know if that has been settled ? -
and art does seem to hold a grudge at times 

i feel  that art will not be back until RCH show is off the DM network  -thoughts anyone ?

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Showroom Dummy on January 17, 2016, 06:26:43 PM
hoagie said the other night about having new problems with DM network that needs to be worked out 
--and if Art and Hoagie are still not talking  =does anyone know if that has been settled ? -

i feel  that art will not be back until RCH show is off the DM network  -thoughts anyone ?

Hoagland's also been openly talking about moving his show to another network.

GravitySucks

I just informed MV privately that this post better be deleted or I'm going to have to bring my lawyer into this.

norland2424

Hoagie likes to bs and i think was directing it more at rowland for fucking up his show the night before, things will be fine.

chefist

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on January 17, 2016, 06:27:54 PM
Hoagland's also been openly talking about moving his show to another network.

Any idea which?

trostol

nah..i do not think Hoagies issues with his show have much to do with Art really..Hoagie has always been given enough rope to hang himself on

my guess is his numbers are not getting much better in terms of listeners/subs for him to continue

BellBoy

Great show Art! You da' man!

(Too soon?)

trostol

Quote from: chefist on January 17, 2016, 06:28:53 PM
Any idea which?

he only named one one night..somewhere in NY i believe it was which is an iheart network and has C2C on in the time he is on

GravitySucks

Quote from: chefist on January 17, 2016, 06:28:53 PM
Any idea which?

He mentioned WABC. I guess he forgot to check... They run C2C from 1-5 eastern.

Quote from: trostol on January 17, 2016, 06:30:22 PM
he only named one one night..somewhere in NY i believe it was which is an iheart network and has C2C on in the time he is on

i thought it was WOR    not positive

3OctaveFart

Quote from: chefist on January 17, 2016, 06:17:38 PM
He hired the biggest one of all, so it's just one more inconsistent thing he's said.

Quote from: chefist on January 17, 2016, 06:17:38 PM
I believe that he believes that to be true.

Look, there were a handful of trolls on this site, saying nasty stuff.  But the the vast majority of the blowback here has been from Art's fanbase, and that is entirely on him - and he has yet to own up to it. In any medium, the audience is all you have.  His is speaking to him very, very loudly right now, but I don't think he is bothering to actually "listen".

norland2424

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 17, 2016, 06:30:32 PM

He also sees glass bongs on the moon so i don't trust what that man says lol.

chefist

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 17, 2016, 06:30:32 PM

He has a better shot than anyone else at this point!

GravitySucks

Quote from: Showroom Dummy on January 17, 2016, 06:31:38 PM
i thought it was WOR    not positive

You may be right. I might have WABC on the brain because of Bateman.

BellBoy

Quote from: norland2424 on January 17, 2016, 06:32:00 PM
He also sees glass bongs on the moon so i don't trust what that man says lol.

I'm waiting for the UK to legalize weed, so I can see them too. All I see now, is rocks... fucking rocks.  >:(

boxman

Quote from: Cynnie on January 17, 2016, 05:07:35 PM
As much as I love art bell and I want him to return. I totally understand why he's laying low . He's being stalked ! And stalkers aren't known for being very levelheaded , his family is in danger .
And this forum is making me so sad , even if art never came back on air , I still listen to the old shows and I still like to talk about the old shows .
I know the trolls now will just laugh at me . But please , just because you don't give a shit about anything don't shit on what I care about
Yep everyone who dont agree with you and defend Art is obviously a troll, which by your logic means 90% of this forum now consists of trolls.
The actual few trolls we had here could be counted on one single hand. The only reason they kept up is because of the fanboys giving them the reaction and attention they wanted. If you had been smart enough to just ignore them they would have gone away quickly.

CornyCrow

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 17, 2016, 05:54:33 PM
You can't put any stock in that. Heather was recalling things from memory to answer a caller's questions. If she made a mistake, it doesn't mean she was changing the story.

Wait... Look ... Alex Jones is under your bed!!!
But that is what Art seems to do - tweek the story this way and that, to his advantage.  It seemed to some that Heather was playing that game, too.