• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Value Of Pi on December 20, 2015, 05:32:59 PM
No, no and no, I don't believe this. Packer fans bitched like hell when Favre was traded and Aaron Rogers took his place. And then they saw how Rogers played. That's the problem. Heather doesn't appear to be Aaron Rogers, with or without having her picture.

Me thinks I gots me a stalker fan.. ;)

Thank god for luck .. Packers have a lot if it today!

They suck in the Red Zone .. Pictures of Red may of helped.
Sometimes what is obvious to some is obscure to others.

Quote from: (Redacted) on December 20, 2015, 01:27:36 AM
No, I have much to do tonight.  You will find out more about me soon enough.  I could walk away from here too after what I read today.  Decency is obviously dead; worse, so may be curiosity. 

Art is my friend.  Only a sick mind would take that all the way across the line and off the deep end.  Not cool. 

This show was supposed to be fun for him.  I thought this forum was here to support that.   >:(

Keep in mind the explosion of commentary came AFTER Art quit his show yet again.  AFTER all the build up and requests for help and support, and AFTER a few more threats along the way to end it before it got started.

Did he really think the response would be different, that everyone would accept another dramatic story, and he could exit the new show with little more than a bit of grumbling?

jazmunda

If you are interested in the genesis of this website please join us themudking and I at 8pm EST/5pm PST (in 40 mins) to talk with the one and only MV.

Listen and chat LIVE at http://deeptalkradio.com

Call us 317-708-4500

Skype us at LiveShow 99

You can download our archives at http://thebellphiles.com

Twitter: @thebellphiles

3OctaveFart

The open $20K reward reminds me of the scene in Jaws when the township posts a bounty and a bunch of yokel shark hunters start chumming the harbor for small game fish, and then two goofballs try to lure the creature using his wife's pork roast.

Barfly

Quote from: jazmunda on December 20, 2015, 06:22:22 PM
If you are interested in the genesis of this website please join us themudking and I at 8pm EST/5pm PST (in 40 mins) to talk with the one and only MV.

Call us 317-708-4500

Skype us at LiveShow 99

Should be a good show, i think i can make it, im kinda tired

Value Of Pi

Quote from: Paper*Boy on December 20, 2015, 06:16:40 PM
Keep in mind the explosion of commentary came AFTER Art quit his show yet again.  AFTER all the build up and requests for help and support, and AFTER a few more threats along the way to end it before it got started.

Did he really think the response would be different, that everyone would accept another dramatic story, and he could exit the new show with little more than a bit of grumbling?

Do you really want an answer? And might you have any other questions? See my posts and video links on the previous page. I quote: This is a good game. It's called "The Truth."

trostol

Quote from: jazmunda on December 20, 2015, 06:22:22 PM

Call us 317-708-4500

Skype us at LiveShow 99

might take a listen later..foosball is on tonight

Ciardelo

Quote from: Value Of Pi on December 20, 2015, 06:30:59 PM
Do you really want an answer? And might you have any other questions? See my posts and video links on the previous page. I quote: This is a good game. It's called "The Truth."
Do you have a newsletter I may subscribe to?

Quote from: WOTR on December 20, 2015, 05:12:15 PM
I would go back to work... Part time.  A few hours a day, a few days a week- doing something that I really enjoyed.

I almost wonder if that was the plan from the start.  Find somebody who could host some days and start them out slow (oh... Say starting out Redacted as occasional co-host.)  After that, give them a few days and continue doing the show part time- on the schedule he wanted.

Instead, we have collectively shown that we will accept nothing less than Art Bell three hours a day, five days a week.  No, we don't want a co-host.  And no, we don't want another host.  Just Art or nothing.  We got our wish.

That said, I will try to catch MITD over this next week just to see what it looks like now.

I don't ever recall him offering that choice.  Had he just said that's what he wanted to do it would have been fine, even encouraged.

It's probably not too late for him to say he wants to come back and do one or two nights a week, but the 'maybe', 'sometime', stuff probably won't fly. 

Quote from: Value Of Pi on December 20, 2015, 06:30:59 PM
Do you really want an answer? And might you have any other questions?...

It was a rhetorical question

Value Of Pi

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 20, 2015, 06:36:40 PM
Do you have a newsletter I may subscribe to?

You know, some people have nothing to wear. I have nothing to publish. No material. Nothing. How do we get these people to open up? Liquor? Drugs? Women? Men? Free "Honesty Is The Best Policy" Stickers? Mulder-r-r-r, are you there? Pick up!

Ciardelo

Quote from: Value Of Pi on December 20, 2015, 06:47:41 PM
You know, some people have nothing to wear. I have nothing to publish. No material. Nothing. How do we get these people to open up? Liquor? Drugs? Women? Men? Free "Honesty Is The Best Policy" Stickers? Mulder-r-r-r, are you there? Pick up!
heh. :)

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Meatie Pie on December 20, 2015, 06:23:50 PM
The open $20K reward reminds me of the scene in Jaws when the township posts a bounty and a bunch of yokel shark hunters start chumming the harbor for small game fish, and then two goofballs try to lure the creature using his wife's pork roast.
Considering some of the posts, I'm surprised that we haven't seen a group of BG vigilantes descend on the Bell place in full Chris Kyle mode.

Ciardelo

Quote from: VtaGeezer on December 20, 2015, 06:57:13 PM
Considering some of the posts, I'm surprised that we haven't seen a group of BG vigilantes descend on the Bell place in full Chris Kyle mode.
The man posted a color map of his place. Why didn't he just ask?

Quote from: Value Of Pi on December 20, 2015, 05:32:59 PM
No, no and no, I don't believe this. Packer fans bitched like hell when Favre was traded and Aaron Rogers took his place. And then they saw how Rogers played. That's the problem. Heather doesn't appear to be Aaron Rogers, with or without having her picture.

I live in Green Bay, so I witnessed that first hand. Maybe Art should have had Ted Thompson pick his succesor.

Quote from: WhiteCrow on December 20, 2015, 05:49:37 PM
Me thinks I gots me a stalker fan.. ;)

Thank god for luck .. Packers have a lot if it today!

They suck in the Red Zone .. Pictures of Red may of helped.
Sometimes what is obvious to some is obscure to others.

Why would a picture help? I listened to Art LONG before I knew what he looks like. Most people on the radio have a face for radio. Heather could have a face like this and I'd listen if I found her in any way interesting or listenable. Unfortunatley, that is not the case. And don't tell me Heather needs to grow on me. Not gonna happen.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: TheGrimCreeper1 on December 20, 2015, 07:22:57 PM
Why would a picture help? I listened to Art LONG before I knew what he looks like. Most people on the radio have a face for radio. Heather could have a face like this and I'd listen if I found her in any way interesting or listenable. Unfortunatley, that is not the case. And don't tell me Heather needs to grow on me. Not gonna happen.

"They suck in the Red Zone .. Pictures of Red may of helped."

Yet **another** place where the non-existent sarcasm emoticon could have helped bring universal understanding. I may just rest my case -- or I may not.

Well, on a positive note, George Knapp is on tonight. Looks like a cool show. Or are we not allowed to talk about that anymore?

Ciardelo

Quote from: FightTheFuture on December 20, 2015, 07:34:56 PM
Well, on a positive note, George Knapp is on tonight. Looks like a cool show. Or are we not allowed to talk about that anymore?
Um, George Knapp has his own thread, but if you want to talk about George Knapp in the Art Bell thread I don't think anybody is going to ban you  :) What is the show tonight?

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 20, 2015, 07:37:54 PM
Um, George Knapp has his own thread, but if you want to talk about George Knapp in the Art Bell thread I don't think anybody is going to ban you  :) What is the show tonight?

I was under the impression that George Knapp thread was discontinued. In other words, I didn't see it anywhere. But then again, I'm getting a little long in the tooth and my eyesight is not what it used to be

P.S. I can't exactly remember the topic of the show... I guess my memory isn't what it used to be either. But doggone it, I know it's a good one. Seriously, I remember thinking this was going to be a good show 8)

Quote from: FightTheFuture on December 20, 2015, 07:34:56 PM

Knapp is good. I will be listening. My one critique is he needs to expand his set list. Nice to see he isn't completely focusing on UFOs tonight.   

Ciardelo

Quote from: FightTheFuture on December 20, 2015, 07:41:07 PM
I was under the impression that George Knapp thread was discontinued. In other words, I didn't see it anywhere. But then again, I'm getting a little long in the tooth and my eyesight is not what it used to be
It probably got pushed down by all the troll threads, here it is:

http://bellgab.com/index.php/topic,74.0.html

Quote from: FightTheFuture on December 20, 2015, 07:44:54 PM
P.S. I can't exactly remember the topic of the show... I guess my memory isn't what it used to be either. But doggone it, I know it's a good one. Seriously, I remember thinking this was going to be a good show 8)

Investigative author Keith McCloskey joins George Knapp to discuss the mysterious disappearance back in 1900 of three lighthouse keepers from Eilean Mor off the west coast of Scotland. McCloskey, who has also investigated the Dyatlov Pass mystery, reveals Eilean Mor's alleged mystical properties, and his shocking conclusion to the story. First hour guest, Nancy du Tertre, a trained psychic detective and a remote viewer, talks about how we can talk to aliens, and the kinds of languages they might use.

Ciardelo

It does sound good!

Investigative author Keith McCloskey joins George Knapp to discuss the mysterious disappearance back in 1900 of three lighthouse keepers from Eilean Mor off the west coast of Scotland. McCloskey, who has also investigated the Dyatlov Pass mystery, reveals Eilean Mor's alleged mystical properties, and his shocking conclusion to the story. First hour guest, Nancy du Tertre, a trained psychic detective and a remote viewer, talks about how we can talk to aliens, and the kinds of languages they might use.

Maybe Nancy du Tertre can find Art's stalker!

Meister_000

Quote from: FightTheFuture on December 20, 2015, 07:41:07 PM

MV rearranged the entire site last week (with the advent of Heather in the Desert and where to put her thread and what to name it etc). He got carried away and made navigating the site much more difficult.

Knapp's thread:
http://bellgab.com/index.php/topic,74.0.html