• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Sambo

Watch the movie Moon. It's pretty obvious how we'd send stuff back to earth.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on December 19, 2013, 04:35:51 AM
Umm you know we destroyed their economy with silver in the past right? As well as guns/gunsmiths and shipbuilding?
They are losing their shirts in Iraq, too.

And logistically, how are the going to get material back? Coming back is the hard part. It will end up costing $10 million per kilo of whatever they mine. And they don't even know what to mine or where its at. What if your drill breaks while you are up on the moon? No one to repair it. Much too difficult and costly.

They can destroy our economy right now at will with silver and gold, they're holding far more of it than we are, or with our debt, or simply dumping dollars and moving away from the USD as a reserve currency. We have no such check against them any longer.

The wealth of the moon isn't in its minerals, we're never going to run out of iron down here. Its wealth is in rare gas isotopes sitting in its soil, particularly helium III. It will take less than 20 years before it's economically viable to return it to earth and it will be the oil of the mid-21st century as fusion technology supersedes existing power generation methods. ITER is on course to produce a net gain from fusion in just a few years, and helium III is still the best option for large scale fusion electricity production. The only problem is that the Earth's atmosphere destroys our supply. The moon has a nearly limitless supply.

China knows all of this, and is staking a claim early. They're positioning themselves to be the moon people, the Saudi Arabia of Helium III, rather than the Americans, though India also has it's eye on the moon.

Built-in redundancy is how you fix broken equipment in space.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Paper*Boy on December 19, 2013, 04:47:14 AM

Military angle

Granted. They do seem to be unabashedly talking about missile stations on the moon in their press lately. Nothing whips up the nationalism in China like a good old round of national military strength talk. Of course here we talk about Miley Cyrus.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: onan on December 19, 2013, 05:15:43 AM
The same thing holds true for military strategies as does for mining. The moon is too far away for any current tech to deliver any offensive or counter offensive weapons.

Offensive, no. It requires very little fuel to fire a missile from the moon and hit any point on earth you wish. It's been done in the form of the Apollo lunar lander and service module. Defensive yes, it requires an enormous amount of fuel and big pain in the ass to escape earth's gravity. Apollo tells all. To get there we needed a 3,000 metric ton rocket (such a thing does not exist now). To get back, a two ton spacecraft does the trick.

DanTSX

Lol helium 3

And do what with it?  Talk funny?

Surely you have read The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress, ScifiAuthor, yes?  Chucking rocks at the Earth is, indeed, pretty easy and effective!

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: DanTSX on December 19, 2013, 07:03:13 PM
Lol helium 3

And do what with it?  Talk funny?

Fuse it with deuterium to produce enormous amounts of electrical power.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: West of the Rockies on December 19, 2013, 07:03:54 PM
Surely you have read The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress, ScifiAuthor, yes?  Chucking rocks at the Earth is, indeed, pretty easy and effective!

One of my favorites. I like most things Heinlein wrote.

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on December 19, 2013, 06:34:12 PM
They can destroy our economy right now at will with silver and gold, they're holding far more of it than we are, or with our debt, or simply dumping dollars and moving away from the USD as a reserve currency. We have no such check against them any longer.

We have far better access to the means of both gold and silver mining. We have a giant check against them because we are a major customer and if they tried any of that we would shift production to Mexico and South America and they would be absolutely crushed.
The largest crisis facing China right now is the fact that the cost of workers is increasing rapidly, so much so that its almost cheaper to put a factory in Mexico. Then you add in all the costs for shipping (the ships make no money on the way back to China) and insuring and South America becomes even more profitable. There is a reason the Chinese are building a canal in Latin America.

QuoteThe wealth of the moon isn't in its minerals, we're never going to run out of iron down here. Its wealth is in rare gas isotopes sitting in its soil, particularly helium III. It will take less than 20 years before it's economically viable to return it to earth and it will be the oil of the mid-21st century as fusion technology supersedes existing power generation methods. ITER is on course to produce a net gain from fusion in just a few years, and helium III is still the best option for large scale fusion electricity production. The only problem is that the Earth's atmosphere destroys our supply. The moon has a nearly limitless supply.

We can get it here for far less than shipping back from the moon. That doesn't count properly gathering it and storing it and the massive amount of maintenance that goes into a drilling operation.

QuoteChina knows all of this, and is staking a claim early. They're positioning themselves to be the moon people, the Saudi Arabia of Helium III, rather than the Americans, though India also has it's eye on the moon.
I think this is mainly national pride and science. As far as staking claims, maybe, but look at all the trouble they have staking claims 60 miles off their coast they have lived on for 3000 years.

QuoteBuilt-in redundancy is how you fix broken equipment in space.
Redundancy costs money, lots and lots of money. Its one of the main reasons the military is so expensive. On space exploration vessels, even 1/2 a pound of weight for equipment is hotly fought over by scientists.  Everyone wants to get their piece of equipment there.

Its just too logistically expensive.

On Tonights Episode of Can Miss Radio
LINDA M. HOWE

Someone once summed up Howe very well with two words: ‘ Media entrepreneur ‘. While having been a major player in the cattle mutilation mystery, Howe’s credibility has gone way down hill as she sensationalizes everything from mundane animal deaths to promoting Brazilian UFO fraud Urandir Oliveira and the Aztec UFO Crash Hoax while selling alien books, videos and lectures. Howe dabbles in all things strange including bigfoot, crop circles, alien abductions, and UFOs. Howe also sits on the board of advisors to the Roswell UFO Museum along with the likes of Don Schmitt. See Howe’s site, which she actually charges a subscription for in order to access some stories. Also see Howe turning an explained animal death into an encounter with bigfoot. A leap not even bigfoot itself could make. Also see Aliens Abducted My Common Sense, and a report lifting the mythos behind Howe’s much touted and promoted Roswell UFO debris.
http://www.paranormalwatchdogs.com/staging/2010/02/linda-moulton-howe/

DanTSX

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on December 19, 2013, 07:13:14 PM
Fuse it with deuterium to produce enormous amounts of electrical power.

Don't you need a worp core and dilithium crystals for that?

We can get that from deep space nine.  Just take the wormhole George always talks about

Morgus

Quote from: DanTSX on December 19, 2013, 07:47:12 PM
Don't you need a worp core and dilithium crystals for that?
Nah that stuff plus anti-matter is needed for a warp engine.
The hydrogen fuel is for the slower impulse (fusion) engine...

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on December 19, 2013, 06:40:46 PM
Granted. They do seem to be unabashedly talking about missile stations on the moon in their press lately. Nothing whips up the nationalism in China like a good old round of national military strength talk. Of course here we talk about Miley Cyrus.
The Chinese are far more concerned with actions and ideas of singers and celebrities than we are.

onan

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on December 19, 2013, 06:54:25 PM
Offensive, no. It requires very little fuel to fire a missile from the moon and hit any point on earth you wish. It's been done in the form of the Apollo lunar lander and service module. Defensive yes, it requires an enormous amount of fuel and big pain in the ass to escape earth's gravity. Apollo tells all. To get there we needed a 3,000 metric ton rocket (such a thing does not exist now). To get back, a two ton spacecraft does the trick.
yeah but you have to get the missile there first. Then once fired at some point on the Earth, we have a mere 36 hours minimum to track it...

Quote from: bateman on December 19, 2013, 12:43:39 AM
"The east coast of Idaho" hahahahaha

A guy who says "The east coast of Idaho" and "the east coast of Wyoming" has not remained host of a national radio program for eleven years due to his brilliance, lexical skills or even good luck. George is kept in his position because he serves the agenda by dishing up their propaganda to the low-IQ crowd.

Cremo thinks Crater Lake (the caldera of a collapsed volcano) was formed by an asteroid. Pretty lame for someone who seems to pride himself on his knowledge.

FallenSeraph

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on December 19, 2013, 03:52:15 PM
I think I like your idea better than the angel's.  But heck (that better seraphim27no dirty words) just jumping in the H2O to play with the dolphin!

LOL better  ;)

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on December 19, 2013, 06:34:12 PM
They can destroy our economy right now at will with silver and gold, they're holding far more of it than we are...

The US has far and away more gold reserves than anyone else at over 8100 metric tonnes.

China is 5th with just over 1000 tonnes.

ItsOver

Quote from: coaster on December 19, 2013, 03:44:52 PM
Turned on Noory for a few minutes last night. Turned it off after he mumbled something about a tsirnami whatever the hell that is.

Hahaha...tsirnami.   It must be an Italian desert made with lots and lots of water.  ;)  At least Jorch can really kick back and catch up on his sleep tonight.  With LMH, he'll only have to wake-up every half hour or so to add "that's true" or "absolutely." 

Morgus

The c2c christmas week schedule is up now.
Next week Noory takes off Friday next week and frequent guest Katherine Albrecht fills in as host that night.
Unfortunately George Knapp is taking off this weekend and Rob Simone fills in for him on Sunday night.
So since Knapp got knocked off last weekend, we may have no Knapp until after the New Year!

Nebraska888

Quote from: Morgus on December 19, 2013, 10:16:50 PM
Next week Noory takes off Friday next week and frequent guest Katherine Albrecht fills in as host that night.
Unfortunately George Knapp is taking off this weekend and Rob Simone fills in for him on Sunday night.
So since Knapp got knocked off last weekend, we may have no Knapp until after the New Year!

Very disappointing.   :-\

coaster

I don't know why LMH is going to be on the show. She has nothing new to talk about. Now shes an expert on disability and Edward Snowden?
"Linda Moulton Howe will discuss Bentwaters USAF Sergeant John Burroughs' denial of permanent disability from the VA. She'll also talk about Edward Snowden"
Meh.

No Name Storm

Quote from: nooryisawesome on December 19, 2013, 07:45:19 PM
On Tonights Episode of Can Miss Radio
LINDA M. HOWE

Someone once summed up Howe very well with two words: ‘ Media entrepreneur ‘. While having been a major player in the cattle mutilation mystery, Howe’s credibility has gone way down hill as she sensationalizes everything from mundane animal deaths to promoting Brazilian UFO fraud Urandir Oliveira and the Aztec UFO Crash Hoax while selling alien books, videos and lectures. Howe dabbles in all things strange including bigfoot, crop circles, alien abductions, and UFOs. Howe also sits on the board of advisors to the Roswell UFO Museum along with the likes of Don Schmitt. See Howe’s site, which she actually charges a subscription for in order to access some stories. Also see Howe turning an explained animal death into an encounter with bigfoot. A leap not even bigfoot itself could make. Also see Aliens Abducted My Common Sense, and a report lifting the mythos behind Howe’s much touted and promoted Roswell UFO debris.
http://www.paranormalwatchdogs.com/staging/2010/02/linda-moulton-howe/

Linda is just following Snoory's lead in charging for content. Remember, these are merely hucksters making their greedy money by fleecing those foolish enough to pay up. The capitalist way....ya know.

Lol at the Christmas show

Join George Noory as he tries to figure out who's behind the Secret Door. Each half hour a different guest will do their best to stump George as he tries to guess their identity, and share holiday messages and stories.

Are you fucking kidding me?

Tommy TwoTons

Albrecht irritates the living hell out of me.  She takes important and relevant issues like privacy, surveillance and the usage of RFID technology and makes a mockery of it all with her constant "OMG, mark of the beast!!1!" bible bleating.  That's just one more show I won't be suffering through.

The last show I semi-listened to was "Dr" Mona Lisa Overdrive and the idiot who followed her.  I recall throwing a slipper at the radio no less than three times that night, good Gord...

I may have to tune in tonight to see what Linda M"(utilated animals)" Howe thinks she knows about Snowden.  Her repeated "quote", "unquote" drone will likely put me to sleep anyway.

It's gonna be a blue blueeeee  Christmas

Dateline

I'm disappointed with this week's schedule.  The only thing that is reliable is that Noory destroys everything he touches.

I wish they would have given Friday to hilly rose or someone else. But I guess they try and find host worse then jorch